Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,560 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager (17481 Views)

13 Things You Should Know How To Do Before You Go To Higher Institution / Rector Of Federal Polytechnic, Ekowe Dies During Sex With Teenager / Five Things I Regret Doing At The University. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by GogetterMD(m): 10:03am On Jul 11, 2017
forandy:
1) Do not rush into a relationship just because you think you need someone to complete you or make you happier. You dont!

2) You will cry a lot over little things that feel like the world. It does not make you weak. It makes you "human".

3) You will do stupid things with your friends ang get in trouble. You'll question why you even did it in the first place, but that's okay. Lessons have to be learned.

4) Do not shut out people you care about because youre sad. Turn on some sad music for a little while then get up and move on.

5) You will fall in love with someone before you're Eighteen (18) , you would want them so badly and they might not return the feelings, but guess what? There will be others even if it feels like there will never be.

6) Getting attached to people emotionally hurts. Every one leaves, even if you think they are a permanent ink, they are not. They are just pen and that's the sad truth.

7) You're going to think you're over one of your exes and then they will try to talk to you and then every part of your brain will remember how much you adored them. That's okay. That's normal.

cool Someone will break your heart, you will be devastated. But I promise - life will go on.

9) Positive thoughts are possible, even if you're a very realistic person. You just have to be around the right friends

10) Not every one will like you. The good thing is - it doesn't matter

11) You'll wake up one morning and you'll think to yourself - "I can't do this today. I can't." But you can, and you'll be glad you did.

12) Friendships will end out of nowhere. Not because you lied or they changed, just simply because that is how life is.

13) No matter how badly you may feel, I swear one day You'll wake up and you won't feel this way. I can't tell you it'll be soon, but you won't spend your entire life down. You'll wake up some day and you will laugh and smile and mean it.

smiley smiley smiley

Number 7 disproves number 6 and 8 cry cry cry
Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by blackboy(m): 10:04am On Jul 11, 2017
Hmmm
Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by pressplay411(m): 10:11am On Jul 11, 2017
Needed to hear why Rose didn't tell Jack to climb on the plank and they would both have survived.
Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by M2dX(m): 10:13am On Jul 11, 2017
marooh:
15. Instead of smoking India hemp drink kai kai

16. Don't peep people that take their bath instead watch BF.

grin
nah,, 15. Kai kai will make u weak. 16. Do not watch bf becouse it will makes u think negative instead peep , they will catch u and beat the conji out of you grin tongue
Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by Rebelutionary: 10:19am On Jul 11, 2017
sammieguze:
true

but eventually, those are the things that shape us and made us who we are

experience they say is the best teacher
Experience in this context of teen years is not necessarily "the best teacher" because if we are let our teens experience EVERY of our past experiences, they might not live to tell the tale!

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Prov 4:7

1 Like

Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by sammieguze(m): 10:29am On Jul 11, 2017
Rebelutionary:

Experience in this context of teen years is not necessarily "the best teacher" because if we are let our teens experience EVERY of our past experiences, they might not live to tell the tale!

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Prov 4:7
maybe you re right
but we both agree on that notion of experience being the best teacher right?

1 Like

Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by 24hourNigeriane(f): 10:34am On Jul 11, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by dacoolestkc(m): 10:37am On Jul 11, 2017
M2dX:
nah,, 15. Kai kai will make u weak. 16. Do not watch bf becouse it will makes u think negative instead peep , they will catch u and beat the conji out of you grin tongue
I CANT LAUGH ABEG
Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 11, 2017
Papiikush:
Education is scam in Nigeria. Just collect your school fees and run to another country

guy you are damn right...
Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by tydi(m): 10:49am On Jul 11, 2017
Op all those ones no be for were ajepako der ooo!
Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by thesuave10(m): 10:51am On Jul 11, 2017
Zabilon007:
Seems like something a lady would write...
OP... YOU'RE MORE EMOTIONAL THAN LOGICAL for a Man..... Or wait? Are you a 'woman masked behind that (m)

Oga shutup. He is great for a man
Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by thesuave10(m): 10:53am On Jul 11, 2017
sammieguze:

maybe you re right

You don't have sense. She just said she doesn't agree and you're still asking.
Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by thesuave10(m): 10:54am On Jul 11, 2017
GogetterMD:

Try and reason
Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by forandy(m): 10:59am On Jul 11, 2017
GogetterMD:

Thanks for the feedback.

But in what way does it please?
Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by Rukkydelta(f): 11:02am On Jul 11, 2017
This op is a husband material

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by forandy(m): 11:03am On Jul 11, 2017
uruego:
angry

What's the problem madam?
Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by forandy(m): 11:04am On Jul 11, 2017
Rukkydelta:
This op is a husband material

I need me some blush smiley smiley☺️

Thanks much

1 Like

Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by Rukkydelta(f): 11:07am On Jul 11, 2017
forandy:

I need me some blush smiley smiley☺️

Thanks much
You are welcome dear. That's really a nice write up
Good morning
Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by onwuakpachris(m): 11:08am On Jul 11, 2017
Papiikush:
Education is scam in Nigeria. Just collect your school fees and run to another country.

Stay away from women, they will break your heart especially a demon called Patricia
seconded...
Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by forandy(m): 11:09am On Jul 11, 2017
Zabilon007:
Seems like something a lady would write...
OP... YOU'RE MORE EMOTIONAL THAN LOGICAL for a Man..... Or wait? Are you a 'woman masked behind that (m)

I'm no woman. Yes, I could be very emotional, but your comparison with being less logical is something I haven't an idea about

Cc Tohpahz
Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by forandy(m): 11:12am On Jul 11, 2017
Rukkydelta:

You are welcome dear. That's really a nice write up
Good morning

Good morning dear. Enjoy the rest of your day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 11, 2017
7 things I wish someone had told me when I was younger.

1) Master your emotions, then chase power and money.
2) Nobody cares about you, because they have their own troubles to handle.
3) Respect is everything.
4) kill your fears or they will kill you.
5) There's no such thing as coincidence.
6) Real Power lies in knowledge.
7) People would come and go, life goes on.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by forandy(m): 11:29am On Jul 11, 2017
Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by forandy(m): 11:30am On Jul 11, 2017
thesuave10:

Oga shutup. He is great for a man

Oshey baba! Tiri gboza for you!!!

1 Like

Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 11, 2017
forandy:
1) Do not rush into a relationship just because you think you need someone to complete you or make you happier. You dont!

2) You will cry a lot over little things that feel like the world. It does not make you weak. It makes you "human".

3) You will do stupid things with your friends ang get in trouble. You'll question why you even did it in the first place, but that's okay. Lessons have to be learned.

4) Do not shut out people you care about because youre sad. Turn on some sad music for a little while then get up and move on.

5) You will fall in love with someone before you're Eighteen (18) , you would want them so badly and they might not return the feelings, but guess what? There will be others even if it feels like there will never be.

6) Getting attached to people emotionally hurts. Every one leaves, even if you think they are a permanent ink, they are not. They are just pen and that's the sad truth.

7) You're going to think you're over one of your exes and then they will try to talk to you and then every part of your brain will remember how much you adored them. That's okay. That's normal.

cool Someone will break your heart, you will be devastated. But I promise - life will go on.

9) Positive thoughts are possible, even if you're a very realistic person. You just have to be around the right friends

10) Not every one will like you. The good thing is - it doesn't matter

11) You'll wake up one morning and you'll think to yourself - "I can't do this today. I can't." But you can, and you'll be glad you did.

12) Friendships will end out of nowhere. Not because you lied or they changed, just simply because that is how life is.

13) No matter how badly you may feel, I swear one day You'll wake up and you won't feel this way. I can't tell you it'll be soon, but you won't spend your entire life down. You'll wake up some day and you will laugh and smile and mean it.

smiley smiley smiley

You made a lot of sense. I am a teen so I completely understand all u wrote. #KUDOS
Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by Abee79(m): 12:04pm On Jul 11, 2017
sammieguze:
true

but eventually, those are the things that shape us and made us who we are

experience they say is the best teacher
Nah! Learning from the experience of others is wisdom. I learnt this the hard way - by experience grin grin grin

Nice post OP
Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by KinzyeWriter(m): 12:29pm On Jul 11, 2017
Fresca:
They should've told me that preek is addictive.. I wonder why my parent didn't allow me to go to mixed school. Now that I haff land uni, na so my eye just chuk. E sweet die
grin.... Lalasticlala
Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 11, 2017
ItsawrapOutfit:
You need to learn about financial freedom, business not just relationship...teach the teens self reliance and not just emotional escapades
gbam! I'm suffering from financial mismanagement coz my parents never entrusted me with money to manage
Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by tohpahz(f): 1:04pm On Jul 11, 2017
forandy:

I'm no woman. Yes, I could be very emotional, but your comparison with being less logical is something I haven't an idea about

Cc Tohpahz

Lol why ya "ccing" me. My emotional bby. tongue
Re: 13 Things I Needed To Hear When I Was A Teenager by Rebelutionary: 1:08pm On Jul 11, 2017
sammieguze:

maybe you re right
Absolutely! in the broad sense, Yes! But in the narrow sense as this case applies to teens, its like almost giving them licence to "commit murder" jst so they get the "experience".

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Nigerian Pupils Cheat During WASSCE Through Websites / Nairaland Interschool Debate Match Three: WINNER OAU / ASUU Rejects FG Negotiation Team, Says Strike Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.