Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,072 members, 7,818,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Ijebu-ife, Mourning After - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijebu-ife, Mourning After (1041 Views)

Ghana Announces Three Days’ National Mourning After Fire Kills 90 / Patience Jonathan Crying While Mourning Bayelsa Women That Died In Accident(pic) / Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijebu-ife, Mourning After by timbuktu1: 2:53pm On Dec 13, 2009
A crisis that started on November 30, 2009 with the death of a tailor, Toba Bayesan; Punished by the vigilante for his refusal to close-up his shop at a particular time, and asked to pay N1, 000.00 fine. His death five days later ignited the crisis that has made many of the indigenes got displaced from the town, wherein many houses have been burnt down.

Ijebu-Ife, mourning after

Multimedia: Video includes interviews and footage of the damage.
Re: Ijebu-ife, Mourning After by redsun(m): 3:24pm On Dec 13, 2009
What are nairalanders doing to raise an appeal fund for these unfortunate victims?,helpless old women and children.Somebody should make a move,maybe Aisha.

This is part of our responsibilities as people with suppose visions.The story of homeless old landlady is heart breaking.
Re: Ijebu-ife, Mourning After by oderemo(m): 6:49pm On Dec 13, 2009
Nigerian can talk till kingdom come, write/speak engrish more than the white man but when it come to civil action , Nada. nothing . ijebu ife can burn for all we know. to proof my point let the camera go back there in 6mths . i bet the situation will be same. the member of ogun house of dissemble are busy fighting themselves and ogd in blood rituals . do you expect anything from them , i hope not.
Re: Ijebu-ife, Mourning After by DrKitaun(m): 7:54pm On Dec 13, 2009
The Assistant Commisioner of Police, Dokun Omolodun that was killed is a big brother of mine . . .

I had known that he alongside his other siblings took care of my grandmother in the early 80's . . .  cry and thus I was close to every member of his family !

My family and his had been close since the late 50's . . . cool and I can say this fine officer could not hurt a fly . . . cry

Dokun Omolodun was a 1st class degree holder in Geography and Regional Planning from UNILAG . . .

Dokun Omolodun was never one to take bribes . . .

Dokun Omolodun's parents are still alive today, and this is when they should be enjoying the very fruit of their labour    . . . .o ma se o !  cry

Dokun Omolodun's mother sold koko or otherwise called Ogi on the streets of Lagos cry cry WHY SHOULD SHE BE REAPING THE FRUIT OF HER LABOR NOW MUST SHE BE ALIVE TO SEE HER SON KILLED cry

at 42, he had no child and his wife has been left a widow with almost nothing to remember him with  embarassed

went to the scene of mayhem to reolve the issue and was killed by the OPC guys/Villagers that claimed they didnt know he was the head police officer in charge . . .how absurd !

to make matters worse he was left to face these cannibals by his subordinate colleagues that fled the scene BUT LIKE A BRAVE OFFICER, HE DIED IN THE COURSE OF DUTY !!!

The annoying thing now is; the Politicization of this issue by the OGD administration as it was being sad that OGD instructed the Chairman of the Local Govt to write a report implicating Jubril Martins Kuye and Dimeji Bankole in the incident . . .[b]IS HE MAD [/b]to which we are made to believe that he declined . . . embarassed

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5493705-147/Don’t_politicise_Ijebu-Ife_mayhem,_says_Bankole.csp

MAY THOSE THAT KILLED DOKUN OMOLODUN NEVER DIE THEMSELVES   cry  cry  cry cry
Re: Ijebu-ife, Mourning After by back2back(f): 8:38pm On Dec 13, 2009
very sad indeed.

I wonder if anything would be done by the political class on this issue.
Re: Ijebu-ife, Mourning After by tpiah2: 5:54pm On Dec 05, 2014
Lord have mercy.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Lawmaker Wears $38k Wrist Watch / House Speaker Dimeji Bankole Is An Enemy Of Progress / Ig Of Police Onovo Defies Jonathan’s Order To Arrest Ibori

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.