Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,846 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later (56943 Views)

Skid Row, Kelly: "I Became A Prostitute After I Was Raped At 11" (video) / Virgin UNILORIN Student In Hijab Raped At Knife-Point / Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later by AdoraAmadi: 9:21am On Mar 02, 2017
A Nigerian businesswoman and writer, Joy Chinenye Azubike, was hosted on "TRIPLES WITH S-BUCHI" by the event's convener on Facebook, Solomon Buchi Bartholomew.

Joy Chinenye talked about getting raped at 17, marrying her rapist at 18, and divorcing her alleged rapist/husband 6 years later on the online talkshow. According to the show's host, "this is so far almost the most terrifying experience" he has featured on the show, as he cried while interviewing her.

This is a story of rape, of how she didn't speak out, of how she was forced into marriage, of how he abused her, would beat her and she'd loose consciousness for days, a story of how she'd pray and
fast and speak in tongues but nothing changed, until she parted ways with him.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/03/i-was-raped-at-17-married-my-rapist-at.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 02, 2017
Wicked man. All rapist deserve death sentence

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later by Speedyconnect6: 9:27am On Mar 02, 2017
tjis buchi don dey go far oo

1 Like

Re: Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later by CaroLyner(f): 9:33am On Mar 02, 2017
Rape is not just about "private parts being touched without consent". Its a violation of dignity and self respect.
Rapists deserve to be castrated.

113 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 02, 2017
Why would a lady or girl or whatever in her right senses marry a rapist in the first place
Who does that?
She truly has some deep issues to solve within her.

12 Likes

Re: Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 02, 2017
He probably forced her to marry ..or maybe fear .. and beside we dont know what the guy did to her
She might have felt then she didnt have a choice and no one will marry her etc
Poor girl at 18 but where were her parents ?
Would love to read this story very intrigued ..

2 Likes

Re: Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later by ksticksz(m): 9:55am On Mar 02, 2017
Things are happening...married a rapist!

2 Likes

Re: Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 02, 2017
TheSlyone2:
She got rape and she still went ahead to marry her rapist... There's more to this than meet the eye
First reasonable thought

8 Likes

Re: Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 02, 2017
wao.
Re: Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 02, 2017
Is Solomon the rapist?
Re: Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later by DollarAngel(m): 11:18am On Mar 02, 2017
I have conversed with Ladies on how they lost their Virginity the truth is, When it comes to sexual abuse there are always vulnerability, Most felt unprotected, unable to resist on their own, and isolated by what has happened to them. This is why I admonish our Nigeria schools to adds sexual abuse program to the curriculum, it should tightly focus on basic the difference between "good" and "bad" touching, alerting them to dangers and encouraging them to tell an adult if anything untoward happens to them.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later by Princejebs(m): 11:18am On Mar 02, 2017
I no hear her,she marry d dude?

undecided undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later by mamajaz(f): 11:18am On Mar 02, 2017
alexialin:
Why would a lady or girl or whatever in her right senses marry a rapist in the first place
Who does that?
She truly has some deep issues to solve within her.
People in their right senses do read posts before commenting.

18 Likes

Re: Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later by datola: 11:19am On Mar 02, 2017
TheSlyone2:
She got rape and she still went ahead to marry her rapist... There's more to this than meet the eye

Wo/men here need to have full detail of the story before jumping into confusion.

I expect the interview to also involve the alleged rapist. He is not at large from the story.

If he truly rapped, the law should not spare him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later by brainpulse: 11:19am On Mar 02, 2017
CaroLyner:
Rape is not just about "private parts being touched without consent". Its a violation of dignity and self respect.
And also violation of the guys /men's money and running away.

10 Likes

Re: Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later by samx4real(m): 11:19am On Mar 02, 2017
Why did she marry him?

SMH
Re: Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later by brainpulse: 11:20am On Mar 02, 2017
CaroLyner:
And also violation of spending the guys /men's money and running away with another guy.
Re: Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later by sarrki(m): 11:20am On Mar 02, 2017
Maka why?
Re: Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later by AmaechiLinus(m): 11:20am On Mar 02, 2017
What a pathetic story

Sorry baby
Re: Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 02, 2017
TheSlyone2:

Maybe she will forced. Maybe the guy didn't think it was a rape.
Re: Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later by maxiuc(m): 11:21am On Mar 02, 2017
The ladies post oya see how fast they are to comment

Me self wey dem rape wen I small even my mama don't knw till now

After they will say what men can do they will do better

Nonsense angry
Re: Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later by princeemmma(m): 11:21am On Mar 02, 2017
her life is a tragic comedy to the world, even though she is happy with it

Re: Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later by burkingx(f): 11:22am On Mar 02, 2017
cool

Re: Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later by Mariojane(f): 11:22am On Mar 02, 2017
TheSlyone2:
do you know how to read or comprehend simple words? she was raped by him, she did not tell anyone because of threat, she was forced into marrying him, she was maltreated by him during the period of her marriage to him before she was free. SIMPLE

10 Likes

Re: Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later by sakalisis(m): 11:23am On Mar 02, 2017
Yup

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghanaian Girl Found Dead In Drain With Her Hands Tied (Photos) / 34-Year-Old Man Beaten To Death In Imo; Accused Of Sleeping With Kinsman’s Wife / Man Almost Lynched To Death For Stealing Petrol In Edo [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.