Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,439 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . (2065 Views)

Election Tribunal To Decide Delta Governorship On Monday / Tinubu Kicks As Obasanjo Suggests Soludo To Buhari As Finance Minister / IBB's Children, Mohammed & Halima On PDP Campaign Train In Niger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by paddylo1(m): 10:48pm On Dec 13, 2009
Supreme court clears SOLUDO to run for Anambra Governorship on PDP

well thats what u will hear tommorrow as the case is scheduled to be heard tommorrow in abuja

so predictions anybody. . .i say soludo makes it and PDP wins on Feb 6th. . .

Anambra 2010: Soludo places hope in judiciary
By Emmanuel Onyeche, Published: Sunday, 13 Dec 2009

The controversial candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Anambra State, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, whose name is missing in the list of the Independent National Electoral Commission for the February 2010 elections in the state, has put his fate squarely in the judiciary.

The nation‘s apex court, the Supreme Court, will tomorrow rule on the controversial question of whether the former governor of Central Bank of Nigeria can contest as the candidate of the PDP in the poll scheduled for February 6 next year.

Soludo, while addressing guests and supporters who visited him on Saturday, notes that though political parties have the right to nominate, select or appoint their candidates for any elective office in Nigeria , the judiciary remains the beacon of hope for all who seek redress over any dispute to plead the protection of their rights.

The professor of economics is pitched against several political interest groups in Anambra that are set to thwart his governorship ambition after the PDP announced him as its favoured candidate for the election in the state next year.
contd. . .http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200912131571312
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by MrCrackles(m): 10:49pm On Dec 13, 2009
I said it. . . We havnt seen the end of Soludo grin
This is serious. . .More breaking news to unfold over the next few weeks definitely
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by mamagee3(f): 10:54pm On Dec 13, 2009
Who the freak is Soludo? angry
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 13, 2009
Hahahahahahah.
I said the ruling would be overturned in another thread.
It was only a matter of time.
This is Nigeria.

Now, watch the beef between the Odili's and Soludo take a new turn
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by paddylo1(m): 11:43pm On Dec 13, 2009
Now, watch the beef between the Odili's and Soludo take a new turn

odili and soludo got beef?, didnt know that. .which odili exactly. . or do u mean the ubas?
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by Nobody: 11:48pm On Dec 13, 2009
paddy_lo:

odili and soludo got beef?, didnt know that. .which odili exactly. . or do u mean the ubas?
Mary Odili, the wife of former Rivers state governor ruled against soludo which is why this case was taken to the supreme court.

Soludo and the Peter Odili had an underground beef when he was the CBN governor.
Reason for the beef??. . . . .a certain bank which i'm not too sure about.
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by paddylo1(m): 11:51pm On Dec 13, 2009
Mary Odili, the wife of former Rivers state governor ruled against soludo which is why this case was taken to the supreme court.

Soludo and the Peter Odili had an underground beef when he was the CBN governor.
Reason for the beef??. . . . .a certain bank which i'm not too sure about.

oh ok. .i didnt know all that. .u know nigerian politics always has multiple layers

i was actually thinking the judge was settled(paid off) by the ubas to buy them some time. .

well lets see what happens 2morrow. . .
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by banom(m): 2:04pm On Dec 14, 2009
SOLUDO IS FINAL HOPE OF ANAMBRA STATE

SOLUDO IS THE MAN
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by edoyad(m): 2:14pm On Dec 14, 2009
I thought you cats liked Obi ? Some folks have been branding him best governor on another thread.
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 14, 2009
Has the judgement been delivered?
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by Gbawe: 2:40pm On Dec 14, 2009
Soludo has concluded that running for Governorship under "do-or-die" PDP more or less assures him of overall 'victory' in Anambra. I expect Soludo to get a favourable judgement at the Supreme Court. The PDP , as usual, will then deploy their rigging machinery to install Soludo as Governor.

There seems a considerable determination from Nigerians to make the 2010 Anambra polls a prelude warning against attempts by the PDP to rig in 2011 general elections. We are close anyway , so it will be very interesting to see what will happen in Anambra. Good precedence for the future can be set if the people of Anambra fight for their mandate and the rest of Nigeria support them .
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 14, 2009
Gbawe:

Soludo has concluded that running for Governorship under "do-or-die" PDP more or less assures him of overall 'victory' in Anambra. I expect Soludo to get a favourable judgement at the Supreme Court. The PDP , as usual, will then deploy their rigging machinery to install Soludo as Governor.

There seems a considerable determination from Nigerians to make the 2010 Anambra polls a prelude warning against attempts by the PDP to rig in 2011 general elections. We are close anyway , so it will be very interesting to see what will happen in Anambra. Good precedence for the future can be set if the people of Anambra fight for their mandate and the rest of Nigeria support them .

Folks need to realise that it is also undemocratic to assume that the only way Soludo can win is by rigging. It goes both ways.
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by Gbawe: 2:57pm On Dec 14, 2009
mikeansy:

Folks need to realise that it is also undemocratic to assume that the only way Soludo can win is by rigging. It goes 2 ways.

Perhaps it is because folks know that the "do-or-die" PDP loves rigging even when they don't have to !!!!! Was it not said by many analysts that Yar Adua would probably have won a fair election because Nigerians , at the time , would have Preferred him to Atiku and Buhari? In any case I doubt that the folks of Anambra would vote for Soludo. They are savvy people. Even with a 'good' stint at the CBN under his belt I doubt he will be seen as the best candidate by most people in the State. you may be very popular but that does not mean you will win an election. Soludo knows this and that is why he is running as a PDP candidate.

George Weah had god-like popularity in Liberia when he ran to be President. Yet he lost to Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf because Liberians realised that he may not be experienced enough and up to the Job. I think it is in the same way the people of Anambra , even if they like Soludo, will conclude pragmatically that others can do better than someone who is new to politics.
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by paddylo1(m): 3:01pm On Dec 14, 2009
I doubt that the folks of Anambra would vote for Soludo. They are savvy people. Even with a 'good' stint at the CBN under his belt I doubt he will be seen as the best candidate by most people in the State.

the rest of the candidates for the election in anambra are basically clueless and jokers. . .
none of them knows how a modern economy should function. . .
they see govt house as a business. . . .i await a good ruling for soludo at the end of today
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by banom(m): 3:07pm On Dec 14, 2009
SOLUDO IS THE MAN
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by Gbawe: 3:15pm On Dec 14, 2009
paddy_lo:

the rest of the candidates for the election in anambra are basically clueless and jokers. . .
none of them knows how a modern economy should function. . .
they see govt house as a business. . . .i await a good ruling for soludo at the end of today

Soludo will be up against decent opposition. I would not call Ngige  "clueless" or a "Joker". He die well during his short stint as Governor. Rid of a meddlesome godfather and pledging to be a reformed politician, folks in Anambra may assume he is a safer bet than Soludo. There will be pragmatics folks as well who will question Soludo's honesty and integrity after the AFC and banking sector revelations.

If we are to be honest with ourselves we will admit that it is almost impossible to conclude that Soludo was oblivious of the high stench corruption in the banking sector. He lied that all was well when , as CBN Governor , he was privy to the most sensitive financial information that would have shown him the real situation in our banking sector. If Sanusi had not come in Soludo might have Presided over the collapse of the Nigerian banking sectors !!!!! His CEO buddies would have bled all banks dry with Soludo doing nothing to check their excesses !!!!!

there are issues about Soludo that will not sit right with many voters in Anambra. Some people might actually feel that , if anything , Soludo's headship of the CBN is sign that he will be a disastrous Governor.
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 14, 2009
Gbawe:

Perhaps it is because folks know that the "do-or-die" PDP loves rigging even when they don't have to !!!!! Was it not said by many analysts that Yar Adua would probably have won a fair election because Nigerians , at the time , would have Preferred him to Atiku and Buhari? In any case I doubt that the folks of Anambra would vote for Soludo. They are savvy people. Even with a 'good' stint at the CBN under his belt I doubt he will be seen as the best candidate by most people in the State. you may be very popular but that does not mean you will win an election. Soludo knows this and that is why he is running as a PDP candidate.

George Weah had god-like popularity in Liberia when he ran to be President. Yet he lost to Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf because Liberians realised that he may not be experienced enough and up to the Job. I think it is in the same way the people of Anambra , even if they like Soludo, will conclude pragmatically that others can do better than someone who is new to politics.

Another set of undemocratic and prejudicial statements. The election is 2 months away, why not wait for the people of Anambra decide?

This is the problem, a lot of people who are in opposition don't even know what democracy means.
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by Gbawe: 3:36pm On Dec 14, 2009
mikeansy:

Another set of undemocratic and prejudicial statements. The election is 2 months away, why not wait for the people of Anambra decide?

This is the problem, a lot of people who are in opposition don't even know what democracy means.

Of course I will all wait for the people of Anambra to decide if that is a subtle way of telling me to stay out of Anambra's business. Many of us are not Americans yet we debated the last election robustly because of the interest in Obama. Nothing wrong , as a Nigerian, with me discussing Anambra's coming polls , to include my analysis of the candidates and parties, so I don't see what exactly is undemocratic and prejudicial about stating that the PDP will attempt to rig an election ? Is it not what they do? Did we not see them shamelessly rig Ekiti before the eyes of the world recently?

I think you are just miffed with my constant criticism of Soludo. You can say what you want but it is the same way I pragmatically list the problems with Soludo's candidacy that voters will examine him also. Many will worry about his honesty and integrity.

You may come from Anambra but that does not mean you can speak for everyone there. I cannot either. I try to be neutral, objective and unbiased always. Believe me when I tell you that if Soludo were running for the Governor of my State I will reject him because I seriously doubt his honesty and commitment to working for average Nigerian. It is the same thing that will be on the minds of some folks in Anambra. Saying that Soludo may want the rigging assistance of the PDP is not undemocratic as there are things about Soludo that will worry a politically mature electorate. He may not be as popular as folks are touting him to be. Coupled with serious doubts about his honesty and integrity  , I think it is not prejudicial to say others may fare better at the Anambra polls. If the PDP conclude likewise, they will surely attempt to rig Soludo in. Simple.
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 14, 2009
and the sugestion that the only way a candidate can win in an election that is yet to be 2 months away is by rigging sounds as a fair, unbiased assessment to you?

I think you people of Non-SouthEast origin are yet to tell us why you are all scared of SOLUDO's candidacy. In due course we will find out.

But please allow Anambra people determine their own future for themselves. SOLUDO has campaigned more than any other candidate in the Anambra Election. Wherever he goes people have been responsive to his message. He has rejected Uba's thugery even before election yet folks like you criticise him for doing so and worship Ngige who engaged in all soughts of diabolical activities with the Ubas just to become a Governor.

The only way the above makes logical sense is that you guys will rather have Anambra perpetually in crisis of fear of hooligans like Uba so that you can continue to have examples of how civil politics never works in the South-East.

It won't work, Anambra will decide her own future for herself.
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by texazzpete(m): 5:06pm On Dec 14, 2009
Shame after years of PDP's ruinous intervention in Anambra politics, people are being hoodwinked into voting for a politician from this terrible party. Even more ominous was Soludo's introduction to the good people of Anambra - flanked by Anenih (the Godfather of godfathers) and Ekwueme (ol' Mr Siddon look himself)

There is no redemption in the PDP. simple as that.
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by HarryPotter1(m): 5:33pm On Dec 14, 2009
i dont think Soludo will win if the election is done under free and fair bases.cos even wit his popularity,he has no political background and wat it to be a governor. Peter Obi and Chris Ngige has proven themselves worth of the task,so Soludo should 4get the whole thing unless he has his own agenda.MONEY LOOTING.
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by chidichris(m): 6:45pm On Dec 14, 2009
and the sugestion that the only way a candidate can win in an election that is yet to be 2 months away is by rigging sounds as a fair, unbiased assessment to you?

I think you people of Non-SouthEast origin are yet to tell us why you are all scared of SOLUDO's candidacy. In due course we will find out.

But please allow Anambra people determine their own future for themselves. SOLUDO has campaigned more than any other candidate in the Anambra Election. Wherever he goes people have been responsive to his message. He has rejected Uba's thugery even before election yet folks like you criticise him for doing so and worship Ngige who engaged in all soughts of diabolical activities with the Ubas just to become a Governor.

The only way the above makes logical sense is that you guys will rather have Anambra perpetually in crisis of fear of hooligans like Uba so that you can continue to have examples of how civil politics never works in the South-East.

@mikeansy,
mention one pdp politician that won freely in nigeria otherwise mention any one occupying any political office in nigeria that had pdp ticket and i will confirm him being rigged into power.
it happened in anambra when chris ngige was rigged into power under pdp. we saw andy/prof iwu follishness and that was pdp. we are all living witnesses to the yar adua coup as was written and directed by obj.
soludo might have all it takes to win in the courts and win at the state level, but he does not have what it takes to win an ordinary primary election hence appointment as usual.
soludo must be reffered to the yar adua situation at present. the God of innocent nigerians can never sleep. the judgement time is arround.
we are handicapped but our God is able.
nigerians are suffering under this same pdp since 1999 till date yet it makes no sense to anyone.
if he forces himself into power against the wills of the ppl, there is a God out there to visit him in some super natural manner that his new found blessing will turn to agony.
my prayer these days is that God that created these suffering nigerians will come and visit our wicked rulers at least to remind them that we are also human beings and deserve good lives like them.
for u soludo, if you have come with the intentions that you claim, our God will see u through but if you have come to devour like other pdp criminals, yar adua situation will surely be a child's play. we are watching
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by Gbawe: 7:49pm On Dec 14, 2009
mikeansy:

You talk about others being undemocratic and prejudiced without realising how undemocratic and prejudiced you sound !!!! I used to think you are a sensible Nigerian , above any form of jingoism but the quote below shows I am very wrong:

"I think you people of Non-SouthEast origin are yet to tell us why you are all scared of SOLUDO's candidacy. In due course we will find out"

If I am not from the South East , what has that got to do with anything? As a Nigerian can I not speak solely from the perspective of wanting the best for my Nigerians brothers and sisters from Anambra without being accused of some sinister  motive against the Southeast ? Your carefully contrived language means nothing . I have lost respect for you because it is clear you are one of those  who , regardless of how well meaning others are ,  will never see folks outside your SE region as having genuinely good and nationalistic intentions. You should be ashamed of yourself !!!!!

Going back to the Obama example, virtually the entire world discussed Senator McCain. Did that mean they all hated his region of origin, did it mean we all hated white people or did it mean we had ulterior motives for wanting Obama to do well ? Hell no !!! Folks simply wanted Obama to win for a range of valid and sensible reasons to include that McCain could be a warmonger who would jeopardise world peace further!!!! It is the same way some of us, with good reasons,  view Soludo to be a man who may destroy Anambra . We cannot just be told to shut up and go away as you want. We cannot casually be accused of an anti Southeast agenda either.

If you are hinting that anyone is afraid of an eventual Soludo Presidency as touted then I think your mentality is dangerous in how you assume that some us care more about our Presidents region of origin than what he will do to improve Nigeria. Many Nigerians have done well for themselves. We dont have any grouse with anyone. We just want a united nation we can be proud of.  Nigeria needs good leadership . Confront the fact that Soludo may be a thief first before you start thinking anyone is against him because he is from the Southeast. If he demonstrated the highest standard of integrity and honesty then you may be justified in saying what you are saying. Instead wake up and see that some of us have consistent ethics that will not allow us worship a man who has probably abused his position to enrich himself and his buddies .  Nothing more nothing less.

I really despair for Nigeria.  Our lack of unity and tolerance for others is our biggest problem. You have mentioned it several times now , in a distastful and intolerant manner,  that I should let Anambra decide issues as if , as a Nigerian , I should not have a say. Even if I don't have a vote should I not even have an opinion? I am from the SW region. The difference between me and you is that I would never tell you not to have a say in any election regarding a SW state. AS a believer in the unity and oneness of Nigeria I would not dismiss your interest and interaction in SW politics as  I would understand that perhaps you speak from the perspective that you want the best for your SW brothers even if you are not from there yourself.

Anyway I am out . I will not comment on Anambra or Soludo anymore. I will leave that to folks from that region alone .
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by RICHIEBOI1(m): 8:09pm On Dec 14, 2009
@poster i thought the supreme court refered the case back to the court of appeal. the date for the court of appeal ruling is 16th dec. 2009. soludo has not been cleared yet. grin
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 14, 2009
@Gbawe

Another set of prejudicial diatribe that makes no sense.

I questioned why you guys are afraid of Soludo's candidacy and went on to explain what I thought was the only logical explanation as to why you guys hold the political position you hold. I never mentioned Presidency and I am not one to think that somehow there is some kind of direct connect between running for Government House Awka and running for Presidency in future.

Once again you prejudicial self has concluded what you think I might be saying without me uttering such words.

I honestly do not care about whether you approve me as a sensible Nigerian, all I ask is to wait and allow Anambra people choose a leader for themselves. What you are doing here by suggesting that elections are only free and fair when PDP looses should be unacceptable in the civilised Nigeria we all aspire for. If you have concerns about the conduct of the election please channel those concerns to institutions like INEC, Police who are saddled with conducting a free and fair process by the law.
The actors in the attempt to steal elections in Anambra have now all assembled themselves in what you will like to call opposition. Chris Ngige has been pronounced guilty of stealing votes he is now the AC candidate. We know Andy Uba's records of electoral malpractice and yet he is in the labour party, Chris Uba who was a power broker when the last attrocities were committed and who himself confessed in a law court to have committed rigging has now been eclipsed in PDP Anambra and he is now pitching his tents with the PPA candidate. All of this people with the direct records of rigging elections are now in what you want to call opposition and yet you sit here to try to justify a situation where the direct past criminal actors are having a free ride while a man who after a wonderful stint at CBN decides to get involved in the democratic process in his home town is being made to bear criminal offences he knows nothing about even when he has right from the onset rejected playing the game according to the rules of these vagabonds.

Look Soludo is already a Hero. If he did not get involved in the process Chris Uba would have inherited what is a very powerful platform the PDP to continue his attrocities. At least Soludo by merely joining the process has eclipsed the Uba political dynasty. All Anambra needs to do right now to shut them out entirely is to give Soludo their mandate and what that will simply mean is a clear message to the Ubas that we live in new times.
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 14, 2009
You have every right to comment on issues anywhere in the country, but to prejudge an election is a very vicous sentiment that must not be allowed to fester.

Because when you do that you stoke up an environment of hopelessness which leaves any duly elected Government weaker and unable to perform. If you think Ngige or Obi is a better candidate please say so and say why you think they should be voted.

But what I find unacceptable is the notion that elections are only free and fair when PDP looses.

You can not be talking about unity and tolerance when you are at the vanguard of a very vicous campaign that no common sense justificatifications can be found for except a perpetuation of crisis? Both Obi and Ngige have had opportunities to run Anambra and have failed to put Uba and his thugs in their place.
Soludo is about the best candidate in the process, Soludo's nomination is not worse off compared to other leading contenders like Obi, Ngige. Soludo has done more to ask Anambra people for their vote more than any other candidate in the process. So where does the ascertion that if Soludo wins then its rigging come from? or the attempt to coerce Anambra into being anti-Soludo come from?
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 14, 2009
can I also add that Mbadinuju is now in AD. He was the first beneficiary of election rigging in collussion with Chris Uba and Emeka Offor.

Emeka Offor is no longer a power broker in Anambra PDP.

Yet people want to be anti-PDP for the sake of it. A political party is as Civil or Evil as those who run it. So if those who ran PDP in those days when they committed attrocities in Anambra State are now in opposition and leading the faceless campaign mantra 'anything but PDP'. We will end up repeating the past mistakes and it wont matter what new name they now call themselves.
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by paddylo1(m): 9:45pm On Dec 14, 2009
update. . .supreme court moves final ruling to dec 17th(thursday)
they will wait till the wednesday dec 16th ruling in the court of appeal. . .
the supreme court will make the ruling on the 17th irrespective of what the court of appeal rules
so Soludo should be cleared this week. . .
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 14, 2009
paddy_lo:

update. . .supreme court moves final ruling to dec 17th(thursday)
they will wait till the wednesday dec 16th ruling in the court of appeal. . .
the supreme court will make the ruling on the 17th irrespective of what the court of appeal rules
so Soludo should be cleared this week. . .

I hope so, but I will keep my fingers crossed because I have seen the Supreme Court sometimes comform to public opinnion rather than a clear headed interpretation of what the law says.

I hope they stick to the law on the occassion.
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by Gbawe: 10:36am On Dec 15, 2009
mikeansy:

@Gbawe

Another set of prejudicial diatribe that makes no sense.

My friend , the more you talk the more you reveal to Nairalanders that it is you who is undemocratic ,prejudiced and blatantly hypocritical!!!!

When you try to discourage debate by telling  a fellow Nigerian to let "Anambra folks decide" what on earth do you think you are doing? So anyone who cannot vote should shut up and get lost? Did Americans , in the true spirit of democracy , not graciously encourage the participation of the entire World in it electoral affair when Obama squared upto McCain? Do you think some Americans would not have gained good knowledge from the various debates by non-Americans?

Only an undemocratic person will say what you have said because a democratic , exposed and liberal individual will welcome robust debate from everyone that strenghtens the emergence of the best man for the job. Childishly , and in keeping with the petty ethnic division ruining Nigeria ,you tell a fellow Nigerian to keep away (because he is speaking against your candidate) when you should disprove what he is saying with facts. You prove that you are nothing but a local champion who is parochial and narrow-minded.

As for prejudice, what statement could expose prejudice more than this:

"I think you people of Non-SouthEast origin are yet to tell us why you are all scared of SOLUDO's candidacy. In due course we will find out"

You stereotype a whole group of people and accuse them of a sinister agenda yet you contend that it is others who are prejudiced? Wonders shall never end !!! Why dont you tell us why we fear Soludo becoming Governor . Is it that we worry he will take the spotlight away from Fashola? The above statement exposes closet bigotry because it shows you do not understand that some Nigerians exist who just want the best leadership for Nigeria everywhere be it Katsina, rivers, Enugu or Ogun State !!!!! With every Governor performing well , is it not obvious Nigeria stands the chance of gaining a good President? With some of you it will always be the ignorant "them against us" mentality that clouds your judgement and guide your prejudiced utterances.  In case you are yet to fathom it , the panacea to our problems is good leadership for every State and good leadership at the federal level also. Your type of 'area father' approach is offensive and myopic. 

As for your assertion that Soludo had a "wonderful stint" as CBN governor , given the putrid rot that he presided over, I can only conclude that you afflicted with 'Ethnicitosis myopica' . The condition that makes Nigerians conclude that their son has done no wrong even when numerous evidence shows that he is a rogue !!!!!
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 15, 2009

The bits in bold from my earlier post shows exactly what I said and what I thought could be the logical reason why folks like you are scared of Soludo's candidacy.

That you continue to insunuate my argument has anything to do with future Presidential campaign when I have not in any of my previous post said so probably says a lot about you and what you could be thinking than it does about me.

I have not said you should not argue. All I say is not to prejudge an election until THE PEOPLE OF ANAMBRA STATE DO VOTE IN THEIR OWN ELECTION. People argued in the election between McCain and Obama. But I doubt at any point the political mantra was the only way John McCain or Obama wins is if the elections were rigged. The people voted, the looser congratulated the victor and America moved on.

Tell us why you think Ngige or Obi are better candidates but dont tell us if they loose then the elections are not free and fair. That kind of argument destroys and taints the whole process and undermines a Nation's or State's progress.
Re: Prediction: Supreme Court Clears Soludo To Run For Anambra Governorship On Pdp. . . by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 15, 2009
and by the way I have said this before and I will say it again

The notion that somehow Awka Government House directly leads to Aso Rock is a figment of immagination of political naivettes which I am not willing to subscribe to, there are 36 State Governors in Nigeria so why Awka? All I am looking for is stronger leadership for the people of Anambra which guarantees peace, stability and economic growth.

SOLUDO = To choose the path of peace.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enemies Of Nigeria - Adedibu’s Wife, Aides Launch Ibb Campaign / None Nigerians Trying To Act Nigerian / If You Are From Oyo State I Weep For You:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.