Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:43 AM

Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja (53275 Views)

PDP National Headquarters: Where Did The Monies Go To? / The New N24 Billion EFCC Headquarters In Pictures / Gunmen Attack EFCC Headquarters In Abuja (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by jayjay5oxide(m): 8:40pm On Mar 02, 2017
The Peace Corps of Nigeria (PCN) yesterday commissioned a new National Headquarters in the Jabi area of Abuja in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). Although the National commandant Dr. Akoh was arrested, by men of the DSS and Nigerian Army. As we speak he has been released.

http://www.jaysciencetech.com/2017/03/peace-corps-opens-new-national.html

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by Kagarko(m): 8:54pm On Mar 02, 2017
Where did Dickson get money to build this edifice?

Or are they renting the office? No wonder other security agencies will have to investigate this Idoma Comrade.

Already there are allegations of extortion from from unsuspecting members who because they don't have job are paying up to hundreds of thousands depending on the position.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by Donshegxy10(m): 10:09pm On Mar 02, 2017
like mmm like peace corps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by Gozzzy(m): 10:33pm On Mar 02, 2017
there best thing Nigerian government will do is to incorporate this organization into civil service... it will go a long way in curbing joblessness.... People just dey join with red eyes, cos of joblessness.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 02, 2017
The peace corp I know is an international organisation that does humanitarian services. How our own come different?

9 Likes

Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by tonididdy(m): 11:05pm On Mar 02, 2017
I JUST WANNA MAKE COMMON SENSE and hope the govt reads this. lastnight....i had a revelation on how to reduce hunger and food prices in our Nation. the answer is FREE LABOUR....thanks to prison inmates. the government should provide large farming lands and flood these lands with inmates(prisoners), they will do anything for freedom or reduced sentences. make them FARM FOR FREEDOM . what do u think?

108 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by teebaxy(m): 11:05pm On Mar 02, 2017
By Ikechukwu Nnochiri
ABUJA — The Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, Justice Ibrahim Auta, has ordered the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Mohammed Abubakar, to appear before him tomorrow to explain why he should not be committed to prison over his persistent refusal to respect court orders.
The court summon was sequel to a Form 49, a contempt of court proceeding initiated against the Police boss by Lagos-based human rights activist and constitutional lawyer, Mr. Femi Falana, SAN.
Abubakar was accused by Falana of disobeying the judgments of three separate High Courts in Abuja which barred police from intervening in the activities of a Non-Governmental Organisation, NGO, the Peace Corps of Nigeria.
Specifically, the Inspector General was said to have bluntly refused to lift the purported ban placed by the police on Peace Corps since 2009, in spite of declarative orders by various courts of competent jurisdictions.
Consequently, aside asking the court to hand a two-year jail sentence to the IG to serve as an example to others in positions of authority, Falana further persuaded the court to invite the IG to appear and explain to the Chief Judge why the court orders were not obeyed.
A Federal High Court had on September 29, 2011, prohibited the Inspector General of Police, his officers, men, privies and agents from proscribing, harassing, intimidating or in any manner violating the fundamental rights of the Peace Corps of Nigeria, being a registered entity in the country.
The police was, however, alleged to have ignored the court verdict and continued to clamp down on the lawful activities of the corps with indiscriminate arrest of its officers and closure of its offices in the states of the federation.
Falana also claimed that Form 48, being a notice of consequences of disobeying a lawful court order served on police since last year, was ignored, a situation he said prompted the contempt charge upon which the court had ordered the IG to appear.
Similarly, national commandant of the Peace Corps, Ambassador Dickson Akoh, at a media briefing in Abuja at the weekend, confirmed that more of his men had been arrested by police, while official vehicles were seized in addition to closure of their offices, contrary to subsisting court orders.
Akoh told newsmen that police commissioners in the states were claiming that the Inspector General of Police had not given them orders to allow the operations of Peace Corps in line with existing court judgments.
The commandant described the action of police as uncivilized, barbaric, provoking and unwarranted, noting that the police had not appealed against the various judgment that barred it from stopping Peace Corps operations in the country.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 02, 2017
I don't understand all the comments above
Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by SweetyZinta(f): 11:05pm On Mar 02, 2017
welcome to Nigeria

. . ..

this is happening too fast.
I am not understanding
Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by Arewa12: 11:05pm On Mar 02, 2017
kennygee:
The peace corp I know is an international organisation that does humanitarian services. How our own come different?

I like your bio... MissMarvel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by gominau(m): 11:05pm On Mar 02, 2017
It is called a voluntary organisation, no body is been forced or deceived to join any voluntary organisation not even the corps that has existed for over 18yrs in this same country.
Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by teebaxy(m): 11:06pm On Mar 02, 2017
Kagarko:

Or are they renting the office? No wonder other security agencies will have to investigate this Idoma Comrade.

Already there are allegations of extortion from from unsuspecting members who because they don't have job are paying up to hundreds of thousands depending on the position.
This is beautiful, no wonder police, Dss are jealous

1 Like

Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 02, 2017
Arewa12:

I like bio... Miss

Thank you.
Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by UnknownT: 11:06pm On Mar 02, 2017
When is the other faction commissioning their own headquarters?
Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by Lisaint(m): 11:07pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ok
Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by EncephalonPikin(m): 11:08pm On Mar 02, 2017
How many Paramilitary agencies are we gonna have sef?

Soon they'll start harassing innocent citizens.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by dollarsplenty(m): 11:08pm On Mar 02, 2017
peace
Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 02, 2017
tonididdy:
I JUST WANNA MAKE COMMON SENSE and hope the
govt reads this.
lastnight....i had a revelation on how to reduce hunger
and food prices in our Nation.
the answer is FREE LABOUR....thanks to prison
inmates.
the government should provide large farming lands and
flood these lands with inmates(prisoners), they will do
anything for freedom or reduced sentences.
make them FARM FOR FREEDOM .
what do u think?

It is against the International Labour Organization.

That's slavery in one's Fatherland

3 Likes

Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by Hadone(m): 11:09pm On Mar 02, 2017
But why scamming people?
Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by Franchise21(m): 11:11pm On Mar 02, 2017
Beauurrriiifffuull
Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by iluvdonjazzy: 11:12pm On Mar 02, 2017
Kagarko:

my brother, same question i keep asking
Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by Mopolchi: 11:14pm On Mar 02, 2017
shocked Who give them such building? How they come release them?
Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by SalamRushdie: 11:14pm On Mar 02, 2017
Kagarko:

Why are you calling him a comrade?

1 Like

Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by Seehow: 11:15pm On Mar 02, 2017
PC should have waited for the president to finally give his consent to the passed Bill from the NA.

Before going ahead to get weapons and training that its doing now.

Anyway kindly call me:

I have 700$ of Bitcoin to sell @ a good price. Chat with me privately if u are interested on 08053220832. Instant funding. I buy too and pls,

Always Insist that Bitcoin sellers on this forum present an ID that is valid and the names on it must correspond with an account details the buyers will pay into.

This is to at least reduce scammers. And fairly know who u are trading with.
Happy Trading
SEEHOW.
Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by SalamRushdie: 11:15pm On Mar 02, 2017
Gozzzy:
there best thing Nigerian government will do is to incorporate this organization into civil service... it will go a long way in curbing joblessness.... People just dey join with red eyes, cos of joblessness.

Is it Ur sweat they will use to pay them?
Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by OCTAVO: 11:17pm On Mar 02, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by Allwility: 11:19pm On Mar 02, 2017
I haven't heard any cogent reason why the Peace Corp shouldn't be allowed to exist..or even the merchant navy..other than that there are too many paramilitary organizations in Nigeria. Maybe we should start by curbing the Boys Scout, or girls guide, or even the brownies.
Yes and there's the Man' O War. When last did they function anyway?? #JustAsking.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by simytech: 11:22pm On Mar 02, 2017
Police self their own na another thing sad shocked
Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by ifyan(m): 11:25pm On Mar 02, 2017
kennygee:

Wow nice info. But if you ask No na dem go ask
Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by teebaxy(m): 11:26pm On Mar 02, 2017
[quote author=Allwility post=54219824function anyway?? #JustAsking.[/quote] nice one
Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by teebaxy(m): 11:27pm On Mar 02, 2017
Why Nigerians Antagonizes fellow Nigerians success, but feel elated at the downfall of fellow country men still stupefy me

1 Like

Re: Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja by topsam1(m): 11:28pm On Mar 02, 2017
Gozzzy:

Who tell you sey e go reduce joblessness? Is that the way forward? People just wanna choke the FG for no reason....as I write this piece, police never finish their recruitment exercise which dem don start since last year...just 10,000 people and you are talking of another NGO again...SMH

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lesson Learnt From The Death Of Kogi State Gubernatorial Candidate Audu Abubakar / First Storey Building In The Old Eastern Nigeria 96yrs After: Pictures & Video / Osinbajo’s Office Like A Mini Nigeria – Balkisu Saidu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.