Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,126 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression (17468 Views)

Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification / Is There Discrimination By Black Africans Against Mulattoes? / “I Don’t Give My Instagram To Black People" - White Model To Black Photographer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by tommybliss007(m): 6:50am On Oct 02, 2017
wish you can add more
Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by nobleblood: 6:50am On Oct 02, 2017
What about new age ideological slavery? Who is gonna free blacks from it.
Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by setelity: 6:50am On Oct 02, 2017
Slavery, a cancer to the human race. it hasn't been fully eradicated just minimized. ppl will always be slaves; to religion, money etc. it will never end. it's a vicious continuous cycle. we are all slaves just not in this sense.
nice write up OP
Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by GreatCracker(m): 6:51am On Oct 02, 2017
you just have no choice but to salute this black men of ancient times for standing up against what is out-rightly unjust and humanly pathetic, despite no support whatsoever from their natives back home, they were still able to hold their ground and fight for that freedom they believe in.

and yes, this events up there is a clear signaal that whether anyone(whites) likes it or not, Africa will someday be out of their Mental, Economic, psychological, and self induced slavery.

1 Like

Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by henrycharly70(m): 6:52am On Oct 02, 2017
This got my gaze, I will comment if i finish eating
Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by chrisbaxtian(m): 6:52am On Oct 02, 2017
yang:
The OP left out Igbo landing
Maybe out of mischief or ignorance
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo_Landing
The zoo called Nigeria is holding us to slavery
What is the difference between the zoo Nigeria and the colonial master
But we are born free. . .Free Biafra now

no mind am!

3 Likes

Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by olatunyemi(m): 6:53am On Oct 02, 2017
All these led to the opening of the Black eyes that the Europeans are human and they can also be defeated
the Black had suffered we expect us to be more proud now had it been we could think towards those that got us independent.
Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by DesChyko: 6:54am On Oct 02, 2017
shocked
Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by holatin(m): 6:58am On Oct 02, 2017
yang:

mehn u people are so predicable, same behaviour every time.� am tayad mehn

4 Likes

Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by newguy1(m): 6:59am On Oct 02, 2017
Trully amazing how we black have neglected and refused to learn from histroy to adavace our selves but only get angry when we are called negros. There have been llot of unsong heroe among blacks it's high tyme we chheck our self the chinese knows without proper knowledge about the past the future will never b shaped
Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 02, 2017
LordIsaac:
After watching "twelve years a slave," I came to terms with the horror of those years. Thank God I wasn't born then.

Why not??...scared? Don't you think you would've become a 'Lord Isaac' then? or dome black warrior leading your fellow blacks to freedom?
Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by Naughtytboy: 7:04am On Oct 02, 2017
alexistaiwo:
If I am right.
I think that the two major religions Islam and Christianity support slavery.

Which kind of God creates his subjects/children whatever the case might be unequally

Please today is a public holiday.
Don't quote me.
Argue with your ancestors
ur brain is paining u

1 Like

Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 02, 2017
LordIsaac:
After watching "twelve years a slave," I came to terms with the horror of those years. Thank God I wasn't born then.

You might have lived through yours and maybe another life before this one

1 Like

Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by ForValour: 7:07am On Oct 02, 2017
Good to know black people could and did fight for themselves, especially with wits and weaponry
Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by olashas(f): 7:09am On Oct 02, 2017
Totally enjoyed reading this smiley
Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by tiredoflife(m): 7:10am On Oct 02, 2017
Demmzy15:
4. The Marlborough Ship Massacre

In 1752, the English ship “Marlborough” that was owned by William Lougher & Co. of Bristol, and captained by Robert Codd, left England for Bonny, Nigeria and the Gold Coast (modern-day Ghana) of West Africa. It was its fourth and final voyage to transport captured Africans to slavery in the Americas.
The crew made it to West Africa, 420 African captives were purchased, and the ship set out across the Atlantic Ocean to sail to the Americas.

The captain attempted to use 28 of the Africans from the Gold Coast to help sail the ship and on Oct. 14, 1752, three days after leaving Bonny, the ship was taken over by the captives on board. They led the successful uprising when they were brought up on deck for washing. The 420 Black men and women fought and killed 33 of the 35 crewmen on board. They kept two crew members alive to sail the ship back to West Africa. The ship sailed to Bonny first and the Africans from that region went ashore. The remaining men and women set off for the Gold Coast and upon reaching there, the ship and the two remaining crew members were never seen again.(Chaiiiii, e don be for them o)

This here is talking about the fearless Niger deltan and igbo slaves.....the location shows that like always they hate oppression.... God bless the Niger delta

3 Likes

Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by franklingud(m): 7:12am On Oct 02, 2017
Those people that want war should not run when it starts.
Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by MistadeRegal(m): 7:13am On Oct 02, 2017
alexistaiwo:
If I am right.

Which kind of God creates his subjects/children whatever the case might be unequally

Don't quote me.

Never include GOD in your jokes and blasphemy.
GOD did not ask them to make people slaves.
Laziness prompt people into enslaving other people and that has been of old.

Even today, slavery has not stopped, it's just in a kinda civilized method.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by EzeeYFB(m): 7:13am On Oct 02, 2017
alexistaiwo:
If I am right.

Don't quote me.
well God made man, man made slaves
Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by manciti: 7:36am On Oct 02, 2017
WE BLAME THE WHITE For SLAVERY BUT WE NEVER BLAME OURSELVES FOR SELLING OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS INTO SLAVERY,

the blacks always blaming others but themselves till today

1 Like

Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by jayriginal: 7:38am On Oct 02, 2017
Demmzy15:
4. The Marlborough Ship Massacre

In 1752, the English ship “Marlborough” that was owned by William Lougher & Co. of Bristol, and captained by Robert Codd, left England for Bonny, Nigeria and the Gold Coast (modern-day Ghana) of West Africa. It was its fourth and final voyage to transport captured Africans to slavery in the Americas.
The crew made it to West Africa, 420 African captives were purchased, and the ship set out across the Atlantic Ocean to sail to the Americas.

The captain attempted to use 28 of the Africans from the Gold Coast to help sail the ship and on Oct. 14, 1752, three days after leaving Bonny, the ship was taken over by the captives on board. They led the successful uprising when they were brought up on deck for washing. The 420 Black men and women fought and killed 33 of the 35 crewmen on board. They kept two crew members alive to sail the ship back to West Africa. The ship sailed to Bonny first and the Africans from that region went ashore. The remaining men and women set off for the Gold Coast and upon reaching there, the ship and the two remaining crew members were never seen again.(Chaiiiii, e don be for them o)

Bravo!
Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by GregJo: 7:40am On Oct 02, 2017
ForValour:
Good to know black people could and did fight for themselves, especially with wits and weaponry
Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by Sanchez01: 7:44am On Oct 02, 2017
yang:

You guys were whooped silly and your then leader fled. There is no way you would call that an act of black retribution, save you want to mention the Aba riot that was led by women.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 02, 2017
Interesting. Human history is never black and white. There are so many grey areas and fuzzy clouds. It's got nothing to do with the "Good guys, bad guys" narrative, which is a rather simplistic way of judging human behaviour.

Irrational things just happen every now and then under a tiny canopy of rationality, situated over a vast island of little to no reason, where bestial tendencies reign supreme, and your judgement of the aftermath of such occurences might be no more valid than that of the other man next to you, who wouldn't be having none of yours, because of the different prisms through which you view events, and the varying perspectives.

Human beings are creatures of PURE WILL - motivated primarily by the Will to Power Nietzche so passionately wrote about. The one who comes on top becomes the final arbirter on morality, and decides what is "right" and "wrong", what is "good" and "evil".

Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is a neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice! - Donquixote Doflamingo, ONE PIECE
Tozara

1 Like

Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by irynterri(f): 7:51am On Oct 02, 2017
twentyk:
YAHOO YAHOO
clarion call to all internet gangster aka keyboard warrior....please make sure you collect that client money finish...if he nor geh money tell am to sell in car,house and him retirement plan....

and if him don dey wise up,tie d morafucker down....yea you heard me right....PLUS am....

sometimes if you read black cultures and history you go just dey vex 4 where u dey....dey used us,over used us...use our destiny....sadly it will forever be engraved in our dna.....i wish things were different.....i wish we didnt welcome them with open hands in to our midst....i wish we didnt let them plant seed of discord among ouselves.....i wish the first portuguese ship was sunked and all on board killed.....i wished we were stronger,smarter but we were not sadly.....
at the end of the day, no one used us,we sold our brothers and sisters to them
Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by musicwriter(m): 7:51am On Oct 02, 2017
First of all, any black man/African that promotes this type of topic should have his/her head examined. These were people held hostage and they wanted to be free. No crime committed.

We're talking about white people killing a whole city and a nation and someone have the gut to compare few victims.

When Europeans arrived Namibia, their population went from 500,000 to 10,000. When British people got to Australia, the black population population went from 60,000 to just 27.

When they got to South Africa, they tried ethnic cleansing to wipe out the population with small pox and other European diseases that the local population didn't have remedy for. Plus, the war the unleashed on them over there, they must have been responsible for killing over 5 million South Africans, if not more.

Native Americans.... several millions killed.

Slave hunting wars in Africa between the 1700's to early 1900 must have been responsible for killing over 100 million Africans here in Africa. White people kill in MILLIONS not tens, not thousands.

In 1897, here in Nigeria, an entire village was burnt down by British people and hundreds of people killed when they came stealing from Oba ovonramwen, the then king of Bini kingdom.

I don't even know where to begin to talk about crimes of white people against Africans. If you want to learn more about their crimes, all you have to do is study history. And if you have data, you can begin online, cause some of the documentaries telling their crimes are online, and no matter how much they try to embellish the story, the story remains so bad.

In the below documentary, British people for the first time partially came clean for their crimes.

NOTE: The queen of England probably banned the videos online, so if you watch the first one, they won't allow you watch the follow up. I will look for the follow up.

Racism a history (part 1).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2Ofa_GMKJU

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by khalids: 7:55am On Oct 02, 2017
The moral of Number four is that "when planning anything do not inform women...they sabi stab person for back....keep your plans close to your chest" grin grin grin grin cool
Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by musicwriter(m): 7:55am On Oct 02, 2017
As I said, they won't allow you watch the series from the first video. It will tell you the video is not available in your country.

This should be the part 2 or part 3. I will look for the remaining one. All you need is see these series. You can jump directly to this one, cause the first video was like an introduction. In this one, for the first time Europeans opened up about their crimes. That's probably the reason the video was banned.

Racism a history (part 2). White people massacre blacks worldwide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnjVVr-L3jA

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by lailo: 7:56am On Oct 02, 2017
Yahooyahoo is another one.......
Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by oteikwu16(m): 7:58am On Oct 02, 2017
Interesting !!!
Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by correctguy101(m): 7:59am On Oct 02, 2017
twentyk:
YAHOO YAHOO
clarion call to all internet gangster aka keyboard warrior....please make sure you collect that client money finish...if he nor geh money tell am to sell in car,house and him retirement plan....

and if him don dey wise up,tie d morafucker down....yea you heard me right....PLUS am....

sometimes if you read black cultures and history you go just dey vex 4 where u dey....dey used us,over used us...use our destiny....sadly it will forever be engraved in our dna.....i wish things were different.....i wish we didnt welcome them with open hands in to our midst....i wish we didnt let them plant seed of discord among ouselves.....i wish the first portuguese ship was sunked and all on board killed.....i wished we were stronger,smarter but we were not sadly.....

This always happens to any defeated tribe. Rape and plundering are the rights of the victors.

And the victors always expect an uprising.

The black race has been in defeat and are kinda happy to stay defeated.
Re: 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression by Uyi168: 8:00am On Oct 02, 2017
twentyk:
YAHOO YAHOO

Over 300yrs,these maga gast pay o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Highlighting The Ethno-linguistic Groups that Make Up Akoko Ondo / The Spirit Of Lagos / Is This True? Do They Use Hyenas For Debt Collection In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.