Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out (25390 Views)

Nigerians Spent ₦4.6 Trillion Eating Out In 2019 / 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out In Lagos !!! / 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Headlaw(m): 11:34am On Mar 03, 2017
rawpadgin:
one wise man spotted

with 200naira i don eat belle full for mama Emma buka

can't even remember the last time i put on my gas
the day i will manage to cook u will see u urchins popping out from every corner with plates & spoon

u will need 2500 to prepare a decent pot of soup & the soup won't even last up-to 3days
seconding the motion
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 03, 2017
Shamstiel:

changed? I don't understand

I think I remember this moniker from a thread
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by egokudiowomoney: 11:59am On Mar 03, 2017
Op,abeg remove that No 3.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Shamstiel: 12:01pm On Mar 03, 2017
HateU2:
I think I remember this moniker from a thread

Please make clear.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 03, 2017
Shamstiel:

Please make clear.
Never mind
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 03, 2017
Most of the points are true but good cooks like me, lol, like eating out once in a while esp in good spots so you can compare, contrast, ask questions and improve on your own skills
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Shamstiel: 12:11pm On Mar 03, 2017
HateU2:
Never mind

You shouldn't do that. I got so many mentions I don't even know where to start from neither do I have friends here
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Crowny11(f): 1:28pm On Mar 03, 2017
Shamstiel:

changed? I don't understand

I don't cook

hmmmmmm you are among the lazy guys (domestically) na woman work abi?
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by YourWife(f): 2:06pm On Mar 03, 2017
pweetixandy:
my dear woman, it is a lie. hope you added money for kerosene o. in this Lagos that I live, even 200naira buy you a decent meal. 2milk cups of rice, lol, just think of me as male, do you still think 2milk cups can feed me twice? we are talking about the average Nigerian o.
With 30k, I would buy
Rice
Beans
Garri/Semovita
G/nut oil
Palm oil
Cubes
Tomatoes
Salt
Pepper
Onions
Curry, thyme, mixed spice
Beef
Crayfish
Dry fish/Stock fish
Egusi
Thickeners for soup
Vegetables
Ovaltine, milk, Lipton, Sugar, Biscuit, margerine, Oats, Flakes
I will eat for 2months!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by queenfav(f): 2:11pm On Mar 03, 2017
Darkseid:
Throughout my five years in the university, I don't think I ate outside up five times. I find it very difficult to foods cooked by other people; even my closest friends.
As an undergraduate, I used to buy 25kg rice every semester and filled I my 7kg gas cylinder twice every semester. Flour and other baking ingredients never lacked in my house.
I cook in the morning and bake with my oven in the evening.
husband material 100 yards spotted?
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by haulforte123: 2:11pm On Mar 03, 2017
HaulForte Resources.

Take advantage of our services.

You Can now Chat with Us at: www.haulforte.com

E-mail Us at: info@haulfort.com

Call Us on: 08121362702
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by iRepNaija1: 2:46pm On Mar 03, 2017
pweetixandy:
saying cooking at home saves money is seriously up for debate, cos I don't agree. do you know how much vegetable oil retails for? A derica of beans is 250, rice 350 or there about. not to talk off the price of kerosene and gas. you can eat out and eat healthy na, oyinbos are the ones who eat processed foods jor.

How is it up for debate? It's obvious home cooking saves money. If you have a derica of beans for 250 and eat it throughout the week, that's 35 naira a day. If you have rice over the week, that's 50 naira each day. So you're willing to go out to eat at least once a day and pay 500-3000 (or more) naira for food, especially when more than half of the restaurants in Nigeria serve the same kind of food you could make at home?
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Bimpe29: 3:16pm On Mar 03, 2017
You are on point sis. That's exactly what I do on a daily basis. Eating out is however, inevitable, but should happen occasionally.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by DaintyJenny(f): 3:24pm On Mar 03, 2017
Shamstiel:
Some of us are bachelors who leave for work early, what will you prescribe for us?
Marry a wife!
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 03, 2017
Shamstiel:

You shouldn't do that. I got so many mentions I don't even know where to start from neither do I have friends here
I must have mistaken the moniker with yours.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
Shamstiel:
Some of us are bachelors who leave for work early, what will you prescribe for us?

Learn how to cook or die of hunger.. .your choice! #MumuPickin

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out by trishluvly(f): 12:29pm On Nov 26, 2017
Are you a worker who loves good food but do not have the time and energy to cook and eat good food at home, due to the nature of your job? Do you reside in Benin city? Do you need a cook to prepare your foods while you are at work? Trishluvly catering service is here to take care of your stomach with good homemade foods. We can do your shopping and prepare your foods... All you need do is to contact us... Or drop your contacts for us to reach you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Other Name Do You Call Garri / Honey Combs From Un-processed Honey / NAFDAC Bans Alcoholic Drinks In Sachets, Small Volume PET

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.