Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,258 members, 7,829,512 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Nigerian Economy In Compression, Not Recession– Soludo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Economy In Compression, Not Recession– Soludo (1368 Views)

Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents / Biafra ‘Ministers’: DSS Puts Soludo, Utomi, Jerry Gana, Labaran Maku Under Watch / Biafra: Zionists Form Interim Government, Utomi, Nwodo, Soludo, Gana Make List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Economy In Compression, Not Recession– Soludo by RipplesNigeria: 12:35pm On Mar 03, 2017
A more gory picture of the Nigerian economy was Thursday painted by Charles Soludo, Nigeria’s former Central Bank governor.
Speaking at the ‘Big Ideas Podium’ an event organised by the Afri Heritage Institution in Enugu, he said, “The economy is not just in recession; we are suffering from massive economic compression. Saying it is recession trivialises the issue.” His lecture was titled, ‘Prognosis of the Nigerian Economy 2017.’
Soludo’s assertions were, however, immediately rejected by the Federal Government which, while acknowledging that the economy had been in bad shape, argued that, “Nigerians have demonstrated that they know that the Buhari administration inherited a sorry state of the economy but is working diligently to fix it with positive results now emerging.
“What even the former CBN Governor, Soludo, cannot deny is the fact that the Buhari administration has ended the bleeding of the nation and is implementing reforms.”

Full details: https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/nigerian-economy-compression-not-recession-soludo/
Re: Nigerian Economy In Compression, Not Recession– Soludo by edoboy33(m): 12:42pm On Mar 03, 2017
this confused corrupt man that looted CBN for a very longtime should shutup and hide his head in shame already
Re: Nigerian Economy In Compression, Not Recession– Soludo by gbegemaster(m): 12:44pm On Mar 03, 2017
There's nothing somebody will not hear on this recession matter.

1. Nigeria is suffering from economic compression

2. Nigeria is in technical recession

3. Recession is just a word
Please add yours....
Re: Nigerian Economy In Compression, Not Recession– Soludo by Lanretoye(m): 1:02pm On Mar 03, 2017
no body or English word can better describe sufferness.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy In Compression, Not Recession– Soludo by sonofthunder: 1:02pm On Mar 03, 2017
lalasticlala, seun, ishilove... come and assist us oh. Which one be economic compression again?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Economy In Compression, Not Recession– Soludo by Funlordmaniac(m): 1:23pm On Mar 03, 2017
sonofthunder:
lalasticlala, seun, ISHILOVE.. come and assist us oh.
Which one be economic compression again?

angry

Is ishilove a mod? Or you just wan make she notice you so that you fit begin start to dey beg am for straff?
Re: Nigerian Economy In Compression, Not Recession– Soludo by sonofthunder: 1:48pm On Mar 03, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

angry

Is ishilove a mod? Or you just wan make she notice you so that you fit begin start to dey beg am for straff?
huh?
Re: Nigerian Economy In Compression, Not Recession– Soludo by yemmight(m): 1:51pm On Mar 03, 2017
So what is the solution now? Soludo has started talking because of the election in Anambra. All these people can't help.
Re: Nigerian Economy In Compression, Not Recession– Soludo by sonofthunder: 1:56pm On Mar 03, 2017
@ Funlordmaniac ... I believe she's a supermod unless she's dropped said position.
you can stop talking like a drunk now.
Re: Nigerian Economy In Compression, Not Recession– Soludo by Funlordmaniac(m): 2:01pm On Mar 03, 2017
sonofthunder:
@ Funlordmaniac ... I believe she's a supermod unless she's dropped said position.
you can stop talking like a drunk now.

You are definitely high on cheap drugs! Why don't you ask her yourself for a better clarification? Or you can as well mention one of the other mods and find out!

No be only supermod na superwoman! All these NL kids that don't know their history sef!
Re: Nigerian Economy In Compression, Not Recession– Soludo by sonofthunder: 2:04pm On Mar 03, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

You are definitely high on cheap drugs! Why don't you ask her yourself for a better clarification? Or you can as well mention one of the other mods and find out!

No be only supermod na superwoman! All these NL kids that don't know their history sef!
How did you come to the conclusion that she isn't? which of the mods did you ask?
Re: Nigerian Economy In Compression, Not Recession– Soludo by Funlordmaniac(m): 2:15pm On Mar 03, 2017
sonofthunder:

How did you come to the conclusion that she isn't? which of the mods did you ask?

I have my ways! She used to be a romanceland mod as of 2015 before she got the boot/resigned! Just ask around...it is only new members that still call her name when they are opening threads! Just ask her sef...she would confirm it!
Re: Nigerian Economy In Compression, Not Recession– Soludo by kettykings: 2:16pm On Mar 03, 2017
I hope some brainless security organisation who dont have any useful thing to do with them selves will no start harrassing this fellow over nothing
Re: Nigerian Economy In Compression, Not Recession– Soludo by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 03, 2017
“The economy is not just in recession; we are suffering from massive economic compression"

Amazing assessment grin

Useless government sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy In Compression, Not Recession– Soludo by Omotayor123(f): 3:16pm On Mar 03, 2017
No be only Compression; Na Depression. Awon Werecry
Re: Nigerian Economy In Compression, Not Recession– Soludo by sonofthunder: 4:40pm On Mar 03, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

I have my ways! She used to be a romanceland mod as of 2015 before she got the boot/resigned! Just ask around...it is only new members that still call her name when they are opening threads! Just ask her sef...she would confirm it!
in conclusion can we say you have an obsession for her as you know and keep so much details on her...
p.s a newbie wouldn't know if she was ever a mod
p.s.s. ....... ....... ....................
Re: Nigerian Economy In Compression, Not Recession– Soludo by baralatie(m): 5:04pm On Mar 03, 2017
grin two guys fighting over a hot chick in politics section hmmmmmmmm
Re: Nigerian Economy In Compression, Not Recession– Soludo by sonofthunder: 6:45pm On Mar 03, 2017
baralatie:
grin
two guys fighting over a hot chick in politics section hmmmmmmmm
I don't know about him but I'm not fighting for any chick but he needs to know his comment was out of line... he made no reference to the other monikers mentioned.
Re: Nigerian Economy In Compression, Not Recession– Soludo by birdman(m): 4:12am On Mar 05, 2017
he is saying we are in worse than a recession. i have no idea what that means, but it cant mean deflation..prices are skyrocketing. i do know businesses are dying deaths of a thousand cuts. maybe thats what he means. in any case someone change the title..its misleading
Re: Nigerian Economy In Compression, Not Recession– Soludo by onatisi(m): 6:19am On Mar 05, 2017
birdman:
he is saying we are in worse than a recession. i have no idea what that means, but it cant mean deflation..prices are skyrocketing. i do know businesses are dying deaths of a thousand cuts. maybe thats what he means. in any case someone change the title..its misleading
In compression everything shrinks and what it means is that the economy is getting smaller and smaller,if there is a recession and companies still stay afloat then that is still manageable. But when 45 out of 60 companies in a place close down,that means,less ppl at work,less money in the economy. I maybe wrong though

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy In Compression, Not Recession– Soludo by birdman(m): 7:18am On Mar 05, 2017
onatisi:

In compression everything shrinks and what it means is that the economy is getting smaller and smaller,if there is a recession and companies still stay afloat then that is still manageable. But when 45 out of 60 companies in a place close down,that means,less ppl at work,less money in the economy. I maybe wrong though

yah thats what i thought too. tons of little companies, and some big international ones just gave up and quit. frustrating undecided
Re: Nigerian Economy In Compression, Not Recession– Soludo by ehinmowo: 1:23pm On Mar 05, 2017
Nigeria is suffering from illiteracy...Nigeria is suffering from internal hemorrhage

(1) (Reply)

HISTORY: 50-yrs-ago; Brigadier Samuel Ogbemudia Was Igbo And Igbanke, Igbo Akiri / Mamman Daura, A Beast That Controls The Presidency - Lawal Idris / Ibe Kachikwu Meets President Buhari Over 'explosive' Letter On NNPC Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.