Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria (59233 Views)

Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate / Interest Rates On Fixed Time/tenure Deposits In Nigerian Banks / Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 21, 2009
Hello roforofo, i made a suggestion but dat should not warrant an insult 4rm u and giving my contacts does not mean i want people sending me money. Probably you 've not bought any property in naija b4 and if u did, do u just send money to people you 've not met b4? Its either you ask a family member to assist or u come and conclude d deal yourself. For your info one of my clients abroad is coming to naija for d new year celebration and likewise conclude a property deal we've working on for sometime now. BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOU HAVE LOST FAITH IN THIS COUNTRY DOES NOT MAKE EVERY NIGERIAN A 419er. Real estate is what i do for a living so i appreciate a discourse devoid of slander
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by ayobase(m): 2:32pm On Dec 21, 2009
16.5% per year.
Then let me look for another
biz worth doing!
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by ravishing(f): 4:09pm On Dec 21, 2009
4get fd invest in sumthang much more rewarding,coz yuh get peanuts @ da end of da month even if yuh kip rolling over, oooooohhhhhh boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @ da end of da day u notice yur money is being tied down, ouch, they even withold 1% outta wotever dey giv yuh.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by Roforofo(m): 6:25pm On Dec 21, 2009
Timehin:

Hello roforofo, i made a suggestion but dat should not warrant an insult 4rm u and giving my contacts does not mean i want people sending me money.  Probably you 've not bought any property in naija b4 and if u did, do u just send money to people you 've not met b4? Its either you ask a family member to assist or u come and conclude d deal yourself. For your info one of my clients abroad is coming to naija for d new year celebration and likewise conclude a property deal we've working on for sometime now.  BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOU HAVE LOST FAITH IN THIS COUNTRY DOES NOT MAKE EVERY NIGERIAN A 419er. Real estate is what i do for a living so i appreciate a discourse devoid of slander

Timehin. Abeg no vex. I apologize for causing offence. I just wan remind you say the thread na about fixed deposit so please if you wan advertise you property company carry your details go the property thread. Like others before me have said, when we start a topic on Nairaland dealing with a specific issue (in this case Fixed Deposit) It is very irritating and annoying when people come and start promising heaven and hell if you invest in "property, haulage, e-book, x-book, z-book, malu trading, fisheries, coal, bitumen, forex, bulk sms, graphcard, diesel etc). My point is that this thread is for those who are interested in fixed deposit. We are not looking for anything else, so please take note. Im just be like say some people dey think say dem be original hustler pass everybody, na like say two guy men come wan hustle you, but you sef as original Lagos hustler you don see the whole beginning and end of the hustle, so you sef go just dey look dem, dem sef go dey look you,  na STALEMATE my brother. Like I talk before, abeg no vex.
Me I get faith paparapa for my dear country Nigeria. If I no get faith I go trust GTB with 40,000 pounds? Nigerians are honset people but the minority of fraudster na dem dey give us bad name. Good luck with your property business. I hope you make billions.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by vianooo1(f): 10:03am On Dec 22, 2009
i think, fixed deposits are viewed wrongly. the way i see it, it is better to fix ur money then just save in a current account and still pay COT, again you carry no risk at all. what ever is done with your money is not ur business, ur interest must be given plus principal when u need it, so fix ur money, do ur research before fixing and pay ur tithe,
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by X2X(m): 9:55pm On Feb 06, 2010
@Roforofo

I am in the similar position as yourself (work location overseas and primary earnings in Sterling). I am considering opening a FD account too. Wondering if you could kindly provide answers to the following:

1. Your initial remittance back home, I guess it was via a Domiciliary account with GTB and then you moved the funds from there into the GTB Fixed deposit account. No? Is opening any of these account (Domiciliary, FD, current) possible without being physically present in 9ja?

2. You mention you make payments to family members. Is it possible to make such payments to non-GTB accounts? Can your folks collect the money over the counter or does it go into their nominated account?

I am traveling home in March (no BA strike, fingers crossed) and hope to sort out the rate negotiations with GTB or Diamond but I would like to open the accounts (Domiciliary, for "9ja-ward" transfer, if it is needed) from here (before traveling) so that I could initiate the transfers while still here.

Thanks.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by Roforofo(m): 11:39pm On Feb 06, 2010
X-2-X . I should add that Citibank UK charged another £20 for routing the money so in total the transfer cost about £30. That is a small price to pay I think for sending £40,000 and you avoid the dfanger of carrying the cash with you from here into Naija. If you need any additional info just post on this thread.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by X2X(m): 11:20pm On Mar 09, 2010
Looks like the shyt has hit the fan, as far as interest rated on FD are concerned in Nigeria.

I've been to a few banks and all are offering single digit rates, despite the fact that I am dangling over 10 million before them. I was told that rates have been crashing over the last month and the trend is likely to continue.  Those of you who managed to fix at higher rates should count yourselves lucky. Perhaps when your current fixes mature, you will be hit with the lower rates . . . that is if you decide to continue fixing.

Seems I would have to consider other options apart from FD afterall.

@rof
Thanks for your help anyways.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by Ltrust(m): 10:54pm On Mar 12, 2010
I can give you 4 registered investment companies that has been paying me for the past 4 years. They pay me 1% per day. You might think is small but calculated over 150 days , its a large chunk. /07033097160. GOODBYE.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by newworldcapital(m): 12:10pm On Mar 20, 2010
Shine your eyes before you cross (INVEST IN ANYTHING).
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by realkola: 8:39pm On Mar 20, 2010
HERE IS WHAT EVERYONE IS LOOKIGN FOR BEST SO FAR.I KNOW OF A MICROFINANCE BANK IN NIGERIA HERE THAT PAYS N180,000 on EVERY N2,000,000 naira FIXED DEPOSITED WITH THEM. FORME TO RELEASE THE INFORMA,TION TO YOUU WILL HAVE TO PAY ME 50,000.IF YOU ARE INTERESTED CALL ME ON 08037717482. OLATUNDE.IF YOU WANT TO FIX 200,000 NAIRA U GET 18000NAIRA BUT U WILL PAY ME 25,000 NAIRA ANYWAY FOR THE INFORMATION OF A LIFE TIME. THERE MORE EVEN WITH MEGA BANKS LONG TIME FIXED DEPOSIT THAT CAN GET U A MILLION NAIRA WITH HUST 2,000 NAIRA ONLY.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by vincent10(m): 8:55pm On Mar 20, 2010
realkola:

HERE IS WHAT EVERYONE IS LOOKIGN FOR BEST SO FAR.I KNOW OF A MICROFINANCE BANK IN NIGERIA HERE THAT PAYS N180,000 on EVERY N2,000,000 naira FIXED DEPOSITED WITH THEM. FORME TO RELEASE THE INFORMA,TION TO YOUU WILL HAVE TO PAY ME 50,000.IF YOU ARE INTERESTED CALL ME ON 08037717482. OLATUNDE.IF YOU WANT TO FIX 200,000 NAIRA U GET 18000NAIRA BUT U WILL PAY ME 25,000 NAIRA ANYWAY FOR THE INFORMATION OF A LIFE TIME. THERE MORE EVEN WITH MEGA BANKS LONG TIME FIXED DEPOSIT THAT CAN GET U A MILLION NAIRA WITH HUST 2,000 NAIRA ONLY.

YOU ARE ONE STUPID DUDE WHO ENGAGES IN DECEIVIN PEOPLE because OF MONEY. If u are lying it wil boomerang a million times.-AMEN!
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by vincent10(m): 8:55pm On Mar 20, 2010
realkola:

YOU ARE ONE STUPID DUDE WHO ENGAGES IN DECEIVIN PEOPLE because OF MONEY. If u are lying it wil boomerang a million times.-AMEN!
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by osikhueme(f): 10:07am On Mar 24, 2010
GTB used to do 3% per month. Don't know if it's still d same, they'll just have some conditions, n 4 u 2 reap the full benefits, u hv to leave the money untouched 4 d entire month
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by whatalife: 10:13am On Mar 24, 2010
@osikhueme , i dont think that information about gtb doing 3% per month is true.Pls give us further information on that
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by insideview: 4:56pm On Mar 24, 2010
a fixed deposit in Nigeria is

1. the safest place to keep ur money
2. the lowest return ur money will legally get in Naija

if u'v got any business sense, ur much better off investing ur money, the returns far outpace anything the banks will give u. And naija teems with investment oppourtunities if u'v got the stomach for risk and hard work.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by kodewrita(m): 11:45am On Mar 29, 2010
@insideview the stomach for risk and hardwork is there but since the source of the money is a highpaying, time intensive job, there's no time to monitor.

If there's one problem with investing in nigeria, it is finding good people you can trust to manage your businesses.

My current line of thought is to find businesses that can run on autopilot. though the only ones I have identified seem to have a herculean amount of hardwork at the start.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by godello: 12:27pm On Jun 02, 2012
In 2012 what interest are banks giving out for fix deposit.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by oluks05: 11:56am On Sep 30, 2012
godello: In 2012 what interest are banks giving out for fix deposit.

Need answer to dis too pls!
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by starpower(m): 1:27pm On Sep 30, 2012
jay bee:
that's still about 4 -5 % more than banks in the UK will over you so it's still good value for money
PUT inflation in your calculation.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by lukkie(m): 9:25am On Oct 25, 2012
Does anyone have updates on FD rates in 9ja?
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by atilla(m): 1:21pm On Oct 25, 2012
I went into stanbic based on 1m for sixty days they are doing 10%

Gtb was 6.5 while fidelity was 6 for the same. If any one knows better interest rate please post.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by lukkie(m): 8:39pm On Oct 28, 2012
atilla: I went into stanbic based on 1m for sixty days they are doing 10%

Gtb was 6.5 while fidelity was 6 for the same. If any one knows better interest rate please post.

Thanks. But why so much discrepancy? Na wa o.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by wisemanj(m): 9:19pm On Oct 28, 2012
pecu5: In Gtbank 1,000,000 NGN attracts the fwing;
for 30 days- 10%
60 days- 10.5%
90days- 11 %. For more details visit any gtbank branch or call 0700 GTCONNECT
Thank you
I READ AN ARTICE ON SDE WERE A GUY SAID THAT GTB MAX SAVING WIT
400k INVESTMENT U WIL GET 10k monthly
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by wisemanj(m): 9:19pm On Oct 28, 2012
pecu5: In Gtbank 1,000,000 NGN attracts the fwing;
for 30 days- 10%
60 days- 10.5%
90days- 11 %. For more details visit any gtbank branch or call 0700 GTCONNECT
Thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Before You Go Ahead To Provide Help As MMM Returns, Take Note! / Dial 112 If Any One Attempts Suicide Due To MMM "Crash"- LASEMA Advises / MMM Surprises Nigerians, Throws Party In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.