Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,735 members, 7,824,083 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

How To Save Fuel When Driving - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Save Fuel When Driving (22602 Views)

10 Ways To Save Fuel For Your Car / Mistakes To Avoid When Driving An Automatic Transmission Car / Fuel Consumption Tips And Tricks 101: A Guide To Save Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Save Fuel When Driving by blacq2009(m): 7:37am On Mar 06, 2017
Turn off the ignition when you're driving down a hill.
Re: How To Save Fuel When Driving by vedaxcool(m): 7:40am On Mar 06, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
Does this apply to lagos driving? You know you have to close up that gap in front of you if not pesin go chuck head grin

Meanwhile you can bring down the windows in the morning, but not in every area.

lol chuck head indeed
Re: How To Save Fuel When Driving by tmgold007(f): 7:42am On Mar 06, 2017
tribalistseun:
Ask Kemen
Chaiii dis guy lips na die...he won swallow d girl lips...chaii 90% of guys aiint romantic at all at all
Re: How To Save Fuel When Driving by buchilino(m): 7:42am On Mar 06, 2017
kingi777:
I see no difference driving with or without AC with my corolla. I only experience elevated fuel consumption when I drive above 120 or so but with less than 100 km/h or 60mph the fuel consumption is so low.

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH U. ESPECIALLY D 2001 MODEL. AC OR NO AC D FUEL CONSUMPTION IS STILL LOW. SOMETIMES I EVEN BECOME WORRIED, THINKING MY FUEL GRAGE ISN'T WORKING.
Re: How To Save Fuel When Driving by vedaxcool(m): 7:43am On Mar 06, 2017
blacq2009:
Turn off the ignition when you're driving down a hill.

Bros e no bad reach dat kind level.

1 Like

Re: How To Save Fuel When Driving by blacq2009(m): 7:49am On Mar 06, 2017
vedaxcool:

grin
vedaxcool:

Haha. Lemme know when e bad reach that level.

1 Like

Re: How To Save Fuel When Driving by xreal: 7:56am On Mar 06, 2017
Jarus:
Whatever you do, never switch off your engine while driving.

Some people - especially commercial drivers, or local men in the countryside - do this to conserve fuel.

It's an invitation to the grave as the steering may become stiff.

I used to be guilty of this, I later discovered that it doesn't count, also risky.
Re: How To Save Fuel When Driving by engrchykae(m): 8:14am On Mar 06, 2017
nurey:

Another myopic reply. You were quick to jump into conclusion without facts, fuel economy isn't measured by manufacturer, it's measured by a whole lot of things.

Will you then say a toyota landcruiser with 5.7L V8 is more economical than a Mercedes Benz ML500 with 5.0L V8

Cause I don't get your conclusion that Toyota is more fuel efficient than Benz across the board
benz sedans when compared to toyota sedans consumes more fuel.as for jeeps,jeeps are made to use more fuel since they need more fuel to move the four wheels,but the japs have an edge in this by providing an optional two-wheel drive while american and european jeeps are always fulltime all wheel drive.
Re: How To Save Fuel When Driving by ColtPython(m): 8:32am On Mar 06, 2017
tmgold007:

Chaiii dis guy lips na die...he won swallow d girl lips...chaii 90% of guys aiint romantic at all at all

Just say ur boyfriend/exes ain't romantic. No dey generalize, aunty. tongue

2 Likes

Re: How To Save Fuel When Driving by tribalistseun: 8:50am On Mar 06, 2017
tmgold007:

you think you can piss me off with your 90% comment?

1 Like

Re: How To Save Fuel When Driving by nurey(m): 9:34am On Mar 06, 2017
engrchykae:
benz sedans when compared to toyota sedans consumes more fuel
I wont argue too much on this, i will agree to disagree, i found it hard getting sedans of both benz, toyota and honda in same litre recent models, the benz had stop bigger engines and have incorporated smaller engines with hybrid technology it wont be fair to compare them for now.

.as for jeeps,jeeps are made to use more fuel since they need more fuel to move the four wheels
this statement belongs in the trash, there are so many cars running four wheel drive setup in different forms depending on manufacturer, from data sheets, the difference between fuel economy is so negligible you cant differentiate it that is fuel consumption between a benz C>class and C>class 4matic is minimal. Also your use of jeep isnt right, be specific is it CUV or SUV. The heavier the car the harder it is to overcome its potential energy (let physics students explain this to you) its the reason why engine size doesnt dictate fuel economy but weight does.
so dont expect a 1.8L toyota sequoia to be more fuel efficient than a 4.0L Nissan pathfinder or BMW X3

,but the japs have an edge in this by providing an optional two-wheel drive while american and european jeeps are always fulltime all wheel drive
wrong again, cuvs and suvs dont all have 4 wheels driving them permanently, that is why you have TRAC, VSC and other electronic gadgets in cars to assist with traction. It doesnt mean that Benz GL is driving with all its four tyres or that Lincoln navigator is driving with all four tyres. Manufacturers have incorporated this electronic gadgets to only kick in all the four wheels when traction is lost. In other words most of those suvs and cuvs drive only with 2 wheels, the remaining 2 will only kick in when road condition gets worse. This is not a japanese thing, all continent manufacturer adopts it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Save Fuel When Driving by EmmanuelTimmy(m): 9:49am On Mar 06, 2017
guy, you be correct researcher. thanks anyway
Re: How To Save Fuel When Driving by tmgold007(f): 9:56am On Mar 06, 2017
ColtPython:

Just say ur boyfriend/exes ain't romantic. No dey generalize, aunty. tongue
Oga dey go church...ur tooo harsh...
Re: How To Save Fuel When Driving by shortgun(m): 10:02am On Mar 06, 2017
Some people don't even consider the size of their fuel tank when talking about fuel consumption.

My friend who drives a Camry always boasts of how his car doest "consume" fuel, he uses half tank on a 200km journey (abuja-kaduna).
My Benz C320 uses less than half tank for the same journey.

He's tank is 70ltr while mine is 62ltr.
I don't argue with him about fuel consumption.
He buys more fuel than I do but he will still go about singing praises about his camry.

Only God can deliver some people from this believe that Toyota doesn't "comsume" fuel

4 Likes

Re: How To Save Fuel When Driving by lele007: 11:53am On Mar 06, 2017
Tazdroid:
- Use less AC and enjoy the natural breeze

- Don't drive like a maniac when you get frustrated in traffic, your car still won't fly

- Avoid breaking traffic rules- you may have to drive the Traffic Police Inspector or LASTMA official to their office and back

As the good book puts it "Now this is wisdom..."

1 Like

Re: How To Save Fuel When Driving by mavister(m): 12:42pm On Mar 06, 2017
blackylola:

You can covey your opinion without ridiculing anybody, am entitled to my opinion and what I said is base on my 18yrs experience with automobile.

Oga u dont know jack. u really don't know shit

1 Like

Re: How To Save Fuel When Driving by Nature8(m): 1:56pm On Mar 06, 2017
Nice one..
Re: How To Save Fuel When Driving by blackylola(m): 2:26pm On Mar 06, 2017
mavister:

Oga u dont know jack. u really don't know shit

Who be this one kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

INNOSON Partners With Sterling Bank- PHOTOS / Army Bans Trucks On Lagos Bridges / Viecar VC002-A/B Mini OBDII Bluetooth Car Scanner Diagnostic Tool (4.5K)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.