Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' (48177 Views)

Vehicle In Betty Akeredolu's Convoy Kills 2 Female Undergraduates In Ondo / Betty Akeredolu: I Survived Breast Cancer By Removing My Breast / Betty Akeredolu Sweeps Oja Oba Market In Akure (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by henryanna36: 8:30am On Mar 04, 2017
"I met my husband in Enugu, he was a youth corper then in Enugu. I was also posted to Enugu. So a friend of mine visited me and she came along with her boyfriend who also came along with my husband. That was how we met and it was love at first sight. I think people frown at love at first sight but it worked for us.
I fell in love with his broad shoulders. Then he was really looking very cute. I can still remember what he was wearing that day – a red shirt, long sleeves and jeans trousers. That was 37 years ago. He couldn’t even take me out because he didn’t have money as a youth corper. It was quite magnetic and that was it.
There is a 3-year age difference between us. I am older than him anyway. I was like 25 then while he was 22. It was love that really endured. I had graduated and in my place (Owerri) when a girl graduates from the University suitors come from left, right and centre. And your parents would expect you to go for a made man with everything, but I have always known that there was no way I could have married a self-made man. I will better build a home from the scratch with you because I want to have a say in my home"

Mrs Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu
First Lady of Ondo State

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/03/mrs-betty-akeredolu-met-my-husband.html?m=1

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by henryanna36: 8:30am On Mar 04, 2017

Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by sarrki(m): 8:32am On Mar 04, 2017
Madam please

Tell your husband to work for the Good people of the state

That one is a love or family affairs

Thank you ma

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by madridguy(m): 8:43am On Mar 04, 2017
I'm happy for you Mummy to see beyond Governor Akeredolu present situation back then. You were blessed with inner eyes that could see the brighter future in him. I'm glad for you. This remind me of Apostle Johnson Suleiman in one of his lecture how mummy G.O stood by him during his school days and how a friend wanted him to leave the woman after school and his response " If she is palatable to suffer with me, then she is eligible to enjoy with me " I remember this word of Apostle Johnson Suleiman almost everyday.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by hucienda: 8:48am On Mar 04, 2017
Congratulations to you and the governor, ma'am. Work for the good of the people of the state.

Noticed a good number of yoruba men marry igbo women.

Then where does all the bickering come from btw both tribes here and offline?

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by sarrki(m): 8:56am On Mar 04, 2017
hucienda:
Congratulations to you and the governor, ma'am. Work for the good of the people of the state.

Noticed a good number of yoruba men marry igbo women.

Then where does all the bickering come from btw both tribes here and offline?

Yoruba and igbo rolls together

Ipob the criminals lead by Kanu is the one trying very hard to bring in hatred

We will shame him

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by madridguy(m): 8:56am On Mar 04, 2017
You can go and hug transformer AFONJA MEN will continue to Marry your women dole.

KINGOFTHEEAST:
why can't afonjas marry their fellow afonjas always after the blessed beautiful women from biafralandd. to balance their ugliness

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by Olalan(m): 8:59am On Mar 04, 2017
Their love was really string to conquer the age and tribal difference.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 04, 2017
and they will be here on NL fighting, calling each other flatsheads and afonja cheesy. Awon werey gbogbo grin

If only you know that Igbos and Afonja marry each other pass other tribes tongue.

Im proudly Afonja Omo oduduwa.
Transformer is available fun eyin haters tongue tongue tongue tongue

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by ChemicalReaction(f): 9:04am On Mar 04, 2017
Speechless..
Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by Opakan2: 9:11am On Mar 04, 2017
Lemme not lie.. one thing I like about igbo girls is commitment. Once they love you genuinely they can die for you

Their marriages with yoruba men last long than other tribes.

Lesson to those cheap hos that call guys broke as if their fathers had any meaningful achievement in life before wedding their mothers.. Broke today is never broke forever

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by stinggy(m): 9:16am On Mar 04, 2017
This sensible woman wasn't looking at his present state then, she saw a man with vision. I'm happy it paid off.
Hard to believe she's older sef, pretty woman cool

KINGOFTHEEAST:
why can't afonjas marry their fellow afonjas always after the blessed beautiful women from biafralandd. to balance their ugliness
Why can't you opt for a better life instead of this sorrowful one you're leading

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by Amarabae(f): 9:16am On Mar 04, 2017
sarrki:

Yoruba and igbo rolls together

Ipob the criminals lead by Kanu is the one trying very hard to bring in hatred

We will shame him
you are wrong.
1) it is the yoruba doctor that called for Igbos massacre that want to bring in hate.
2) it was oba akiolu that threaten to drown Igbos in lagos that want to bring in hate.
3) it was awolowo who starved many Igbo kids to death that brought in hate.

4) it is ur like who are very Igbophobic that want to bring in hatred.
5) it is ur APC that played a bitter politics that is bringing him hate.
ok?

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by adadike281(f): 9:16am On Mar 04, 2017
pls as nwa ada, biko make sure ur husband work and deliver his promises to the people of ondo state. Igbo women rocks!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by madridguy(m): 9:26am On Mar 04, 2017
Amarachi take your bigotry away from here.

Amarabae:
you are wrong.
1) it is the yoruba doctor that called for Igbos massacre that want to bring in hate.
2) it was oba akiolu that threaten to drown Igbos in lagos that want to bring in hate.
3) it was awolowo who starved many Igbo kids to death that brought in hate.

4) it is ur like who are very Igbophobic that want to bring in hatred.
5) it is ur APC that played a bitter politics that is bringing him hate.
ok?

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by madridguy(m): 9:28am On Mar 04, 2017
You just listed the Movers and Shakers of Nigeria. I rest my case.

KINGOFTHEEAST:
and who is this unclean spirit ,I dare you to marry your fellow afonja chimpanzee will be competing for world pageant with afonja offsprings cc: obasanjo,osibanjo,tinubu,bisi akande and awolowo

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by KINGOFTHEEAST: 9:28am On Mar 04, 2017
stinggy:
This sensible woman wasn't looking at his present state then, she saw a man with vision. I'm happy it paid off.
Hard to believe she's older sef, pretty woman cool

Why can't you opt for a better life instead of this sorrowful one you're leading
is your bae afonja?
Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by KINGOFTHEEAST: 9:35am On Mar 04, 2017
madridguy:
You just listed the Movers and Shakers of Nigeria. I rest my case.

they are pigs

6 Likes

Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by Ceema1(f): 9:35am On Mar 04, 2017
Lol. anyway,

God bless Mr president

God bless Nigeria

Get well soon Mr president

4 Likes

Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by omenkaLives(m): 9:38am On Mar 04, 2017
Soooooooo many IDGAF worthy threads these days but nairaland has now made the use of those memes a bannable offence. cry

1 Like

Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:39am On Mar 04, 2017
Well, this is motivating
Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by LordOfNaira: 9:42am On Mar 04, 2017
Beautiful woman and very sensible. Unlike the majority of them here who feel marginalized and have been brainwashed by that simpleminded dilector.
Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by Amarabae(f): 9:43am On Mar 04, 2017
madridguy:
Amarachi take your bigotry away from here.

No bigotry, I cant stoop down low to such a level.
I want to remind him factors that stimulate ethnic division in a country.
One Nigeria should not be sang when you want to marry an Igbo woman but forgotten when you hear Igbo presidency.
thats a stinking hypocrisy.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by tijjanioyan: 9:43am On Mar 04, 2017
Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by madridguy(m): 9:49am On Mar 04, 2017
No one is stopping Igbo from picking up the presidential form my sister. Nigeria belongs to all of us.

Amarabae:
No bigotry, I cant stoop down low to such a level.
I want to remind him factors that stimulate ethnic division in a country.
One Nigeria should not be sang when you want to marry an Igbo woman but forgotten when you hear Igbo presidency.
thats a stinking hypocrisy.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by Noneroone(m): 9:50am On Mar 04, 2017
HateU2:
and they will be here on NL fighting, calling each other flatsheads and afonja cheesy. Awon werey gbogbo grin

If only you know that Igbos and Afonja marry each other pass other tribes tongue.

Im proudly Afonja Omo oduduwa.
Transformer is available
@ the bold, lies from the pit of hell. The fact that you are celebrating shows it only happens once in a very long while . Igbos marry from Efik/Ibibio/annang followed by other etnicities from the downsouth most. Okirika is mixed today b'cos of history of inter marriage with Igbos. Aside this area, Igbos marry yoruba or hausa as last option. This is further shown by the fact that despite high population mix of Igbo and yoruba in lagos, and despite the demand for Igbo ladies from yoruba, inter marriage is still a far cry. It cant happen with south south or other nations. We are not just one.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by Larryfest(m): 9:55am On Mar 04, 2017
Why bothering us with all this now......Just tell ur husband to get to work already will you?
Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 04, 2017
Noneroone:
@ the bold, lies from the pit of hell. The fact that you celebrating shows its not it happens once in a very long while . Igbos marry from Efik/Ibibio/annang followed by other etnicities from the downsouth most. Okirika is mixed today b'cos of history of inter marriage with Igbos. Aside this area, Igbos marry yoruba or hausa as last option. This is further shown by the fact that despite high population mix of Igbo and yoruba in lagos, and despite the demand for Igbo ladies from yoruba, inter marriage is still a far cry. It cant happen with south south or other nations. We are not just one.
How many states have you travelled to all your life

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 04, 2017
KINGOFTHEEAST:
why can't afonjas marry their fellow afonjas always after the blessed beautiful women from biafralandd. to balance their ugliness.hard you see a biafrannn rooting an afonja for what ?apart from Paul of p2 who else ? who wants to marry from tribe of pigs
Haven't you wonder why Yoruba guys marry more igbos than their own clan whereas igbos don't marry Yoruba women although not all? There's something spectacular about Igbo ladies that attract Yoruba men to them.one of such thing I observed is that Igbo ladies are patient and cook alot although not all.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' by Noneroone(m): 10:00am On Mar 04, 2017
HateU2:
How many states have you travelled to all your life
more than you have ever dreamt of travelling since you were born

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See Colourful Displays By Air Force During Independence Celebration In Abuja / Lionel Jonathan-Omo Dies After Falling From His Balcony In Bayelsa / African Union Disqualifies Okonjo-iweala From Vying For WTO Director

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.