Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,071 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

AMVCA 2017 Live Updates!! - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / AMVCA 2017 Live Updates!! (16484 Views)

BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) / Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AMVCA 2017 Live Updates!! by Nollyconnect: 10:36pm On Mar 04, 2017
homesteady:

I just feel like crying! 93 days won only one award - for lightening! The lightening was top notch though, I can remember one scene in the hospital where they did one light stunt, it was badass!

They didn't even win best film in West Africa! Chaii! This is just so bad! Somekele and Bimbo were robbed and I shared my 100 votes between both of them cry

I tell you man. People really did not get to see that movie and the work that was put into it. Poor publicity also on the part on the production crew/cinema whoever was in charge man.
That's my best movie for 2016
Re: AMVCA 2017 Live Updates!! by enemmo(f): 10:36pm On Mar 04, 2017
sisipelebe:
He didn't even believe it, he'd to prostrate for his oga's.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: AMVCA 2017 Live Updates!! by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 04, 2017
lonelydora:

I'm heading to cinema asap to see the movie. It will make sense shaa.
I believe so..

1 Like

Re: AMVCA 2017 Live Updates!! by Nollyconnect: 10:40pm On Mar 04, 2017
lonelydora:

I'm heading to cinema asap to see the movie. It will make sense shaa.

Unfortunately, i doubt if it is still showing at the cinemas. However, it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring it back to the cinema after winning best overall movie
Re: AMVCA 2017 Live Updates!! by homesteady(m): 10:55pm On Mar 04, 2017
enemmo:

What about Ramsey Nouah in 76?

I expected something like this especially for Ramsey Nouah and Bimbo Akintola.

Hopefully they will do better at the Amaa awards.

I just hope so! But even though AMAA has been around for a longer time, the glamour of AMVCA has pushed it to the backyard! Since AMVCA came, I haven't bothered to follow AMAA!
No amount of AMAA compensation would satisfy me! cry

2 Likes

Re: AMVCA 2017 Live Updates!! by homesteady(m): 11:02pm On Mar 04, 2017
Nollyconnect:

I tell you man. People really did not get to see that movie and the work that was put into it. Poor publicity also on the part on the production crew/cinema whoever was in charge man.
That's my best movie for 2016

The day I watched it, we were not up to 10 in the hall! That story was meant to be a money spinner, but surprisingly, it didn't!
Do you think it was because the cast were not all that popular, except Bimbo Akintola?
Re: AMVCA 2017 Live Updates!! by soulfood(m): 11:05pm On Mar 04, 2017
Re: AMVCA 2017 Live Updates!! by Nollyconnect: 11:08pm On Mar 04, 2017
homesteady:

The day I watched it, we were not up to 10 in the hall! That story was meant to be a money spinner, but surprisingly, it didn't!
Do you think it was because the cast were not all that popular, except Bimbo Akintola?

No i don't think so. Steve Gukas assembled the best cast for that movie. Somkele Iyama, Gideon Okeke, Danny Glover, Bimbo Manuel, Keppy Ekpeyong
Honestly, it had to do with poor publicity. I was hoping that since the movie was so relateable to the average lagosian during the Ebola outbreak it would have done well at the cinemas.
Re: AMVCA 2017 Live Updates!! by yim(f): 11:27pm On Mar 04, 2017
This award was somehow jare. Best actress, best supporting actress and best actor were surprising. Total shock. Bimbo, somkele and Ramsey were robbed cry

1 Like

Re: AMVCA 2017 Live Updates!! by Nature8(m): 7:26am On Mar 05, 2017
Ok..
Re: AMVCA 2017 Live Updates!! by betalife1: 2:23pm On Mar 05, 2017
Never cried seeing a movie, i did the day i saw it, it didnt sell as much as 76 tho, Bimbo deserved that award.
homesteady:

Re: AMVCA 2017 Live Updates!! by Afam4eva(m): 10:05pm On Mar 05, 2017
homesteady:

I just hope so! But even though AMAA has been around for a longer time, the glamour of AMVCA has pushed it to the backyard! Since AMVCA came, I haven't bothered to follow AMAA!
No amount of AMAA compensation would satisfy me! cry
AMVCA did to AMAA what Facebook did to Hi5 and Myspace. There's nothing like when professionals put there magic hand into something. The result is usually spectacular. AMAA awards doesn't have that brightness, atleast since AMVCA came on.
Re: AMVCA 2017 Live Updates!! by Buike8: 2:28pm On Mar 06, 2017
But I respect AMAA more. AMVCA is just a joke, they dish out awards freely to undeserving nominees like party jollof rice. I hardly take AMVCA serious. AMAA is more thorough and merit-driven. Eagerly waiting for AMAA 2017 edition

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Pete Edochie Dead? What's Happening? / Daarsat / Primetime Emmys Awards 2013: Categories, Nominees & Winners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.