Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne (363992 Views)

Story That Touches The Soul. / My Parents Banned Me From Speaking Igbo.. I Learnt From Yorubas ---T.N. Adaobi / Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Hadampson(m): 9:42am On Mar 23, 2017
Today is my day. LITERATURELANDERS show me some love

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Stlomo1s(f): 10:10am On Mar 23, 2017
happy birthday bro##wishing u llnp#
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Aminzy(m): 10:17am On Mar 23, 2017
Happy birthday man,wishing longlife and prosperity....waiting for my own share of the cake
Hadampson:
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Hadampson(m): 11:15am On Mar 23, 2017
Aminzy:
Happy birthday man,wishing longlife and prosperity....waiting for my own share of the cake
Thank u.. ur cake is here with me, just come when u're ready.. cheesy
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Hadampson(m): 11:16am On Mar 23, 2017
Stlomo1s:
happy birthday bro##wishing u llnp#
Thank u
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 12:37pm On Mar 23, 2017
Hadampson:
Happy Birthday dear, LLNP
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Mukhtar20(m): 1:57pm On Mar 23, 2017
Happy birthday
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by holufunmie(f): 3:44pm On Mar 23, 2017
happy buffdae dear,, wullnp,,wey my cake o
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by blanquito(m): 4:21pm On Mar 23, 2017
happy bday bro..sis ada abeg one update for bday boy
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by talithakum: 6:14pm On Mar 23, 2017
Did you grant Top Naija Entertainment the authorisation to post your story on Facebook?
Cc: Marianneada
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Hadampson(m): 8:02pm On Mar 23, 2017
marianneada:
Happy Birthday dear, LLNP
Thank u ma, i rili appreciate
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Hadampson(m): 8:19pm On Mar 23, 2017
blanquito:
happy bday bro..sis ada abeg one update for bday boy
Thank u
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Hadampson(m): 8:20pm On Mar 23, 2017
Mukhtar20:
Happy birthday
Thank u bro
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Hadampson(m): 8:22pm On Mar 23, 2017
holufunmie:
happy buffdae dear,, wullnp,,wey my cake o
Thanks dear.. Con collect it nah 4 kwara..
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Aminzy(m): 8:27pm On Mar 23, 2017
Im in Kwara bcoz of my cake,where re u?
Hadampson:
Thanks dear.. Con collect it nah 4 kwara..
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 8:31pm On Mar 23, 2017
talithakum:
Did you grant Top Naija Entertainment the authorisation to post your story on Facebook?
Nooo, i didnt grant them authorization to post my story on facebook. Is my story on facebook?
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Ifecoded(m): 8:33pm On Mar 23, 2017
Hadampson:
Happy womb escape bro... Don't forget to make it in Life.
Cheers
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Ifecoded(m): 8:37pm On Mar 23, 2017
marianneada:
Nooo, i didnt grant them authorization to post my story on facebook. Is my story on facebook?
I think topnaija.com is the site that posted it,
There is a way to make money outta this o..
Am not sure it's dsame story tho..
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by feabzz: 8:39pm On Mar 23, 2017
No update today?
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Hadampson(m): 8:40pm On Mar 23, 2017
Ifecoded:

Happy womb escape bro... Don't forget to make it in Life.
Cheers
Thanks so much bro.. I won't, we shall all make it in life by God's grace

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Hadampson(m): 8:42pm On Mar 23, 2017
Aminzy:
Im in Kwara bcoz of my cake,where re u?
Really?! shockedshocked which area do u live in kwara.. Mine is GRA
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Ifecoded(m): 8:44pm On Mar 23, 2017
Hadampson:
Thanks so much bro.. I won't, we shall all make it in life by God's grace
Amen.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 8:55pm On Mar 23, 2017
.......... ********Nelson started making plans to visit my people for the introduction, since we are from the same village everything was easy, his parents informed their people in the village.

We planned to go to the village to see my mother on a weekend,Nelson booked a flight for us..

"Baby pls be fast we're running late," Nelson told me

"I'm almost done," i replied him

I packed the things that was bought for my mother,
,Nelson has done a lot for her lately, he made sure he bought the best materials in the market for her.

I'm happy that i'm fulfilling my mother's dream,I'm not just getting married to any man but to Nelson, the first son of my best friend.

We arrived late at night,Nelson went to his father's house after dropping me off, he greeted my mother and gave her the things he bought for her.

"My son, may God bless you, No evil shall strike you" my mother prayed for him.

He left later,promising to come the next morning.

He arrived the next morning looking handsome as usual.

"Good morning ma," he greeted

"Good morning my son- in- law, how're you doing?, i just finished talking to your parents," she replied

"i'm fine ma,i hope i'm not late, i was so tired that i over slept, i hope you informed your brother-in-law of our planned visit to his house" he asked my mother

"Yes my son, i told him three days ago about your visit, i also went there before you arrived to remind him of our meeting"

"That's very good,........ Mama pls, i hope i'm not rushing things, i want to do the introduction and ime ego together, is that possible?" he asked my mother

"My son take it easy, we shall visit her uncle today, when we get there, you can then ask him that,...... Remember i'm a woman, and i dnt have a say in all these, "my mother told him

I sat listening to Nelson and my mother, he was so engrossed in their discussion that he forgot i was there.

" Baby you didnt even ask if i slept well or not last night, "i told him

" I'm so sorry my love,i just want to do everything at once and take you home as my wife. "he told me

" Haba, easy oo, this one you're rushing like this,"i told him

"my son don't worry, she's yours forever,..... My daughter left this village three years ago, now she's home with a man to be called her husband, i cant even express how happy i am" she said happily

"Mama, uncle Amobi is back," the little girl living with my mother informed us. My mother sent her to check if uncle Amobi is around.

Talking of uncle Amobi, I've not seen him since i left the village,though he has stopped pestering and threatening my mum, i still have my doubt about him.That man seems to be a dubious man.

We all left for his house in Nelson's car,

...... My uncle was sitting under a shade in his compound,he came to the car to welcome us..

Uncle Amobi likes money alot, he respects rich people alot, imagine him coming to greet us. I swallowed hard,

"uncle good evening sir," i greeted him kneeling down

"Get up my daughter, how're you?" he asked

" I'm fine, how's your family? "i asked him

" Only hunger,..... you ran to Lagos without inforning me, i was angry with your mother, But i'm happy that you brought something good home "he said

" uncle, i'm sorry for the way i left for Lagos "i apologized

" pls come inside and sit down, "he beckoned on us

He was so happy to see us, she made sure everywhere was neat....... She brought kolanut and some drinks for us.....

He prayed with the kolanut and broke it.

" You're welcome to my house, "he greeted us

" Thank you sir, "Nelson replied him

My mother signaled me to give stand up and introduce my fiance

"Uncle, i'm here to introduce the man that is seeking my hand in marriage, his name is Nelson Okpara, the first son of Chief Okpala in Umunze village," i introduced Nelson

He took a closer look at him,

"Are you talking about Chief Okpala,?, the one you're living with in Lagos? "he asked in a rude manner

. " yes uncle"i answered him

"Did your mother give you charm to use on their son, the way she used hers on his mother and father" he asked sharply

"I dont understand what you're talking about, "i threw at him

" What dont you understand?, is it the fact that your mother charmed the family?, or the fact that you used charm on this innocent man,...... Just look at how rich and handsome he is, you're not in any way his class,..... "he turned to Nelson

" My son hope you're doing this with your eyes cleared"he asked Nelson

"Uncle, i don't understand you at all, i don't know what wrong my mother and i did to you that you cant forgive us, why are trying to humiliate us before my fiance," i fired at him

"Look at this ashawo, you think i dont know what you went to Lagos to do?, i know all your plans, you have succeeded in tying this young man down, " he insulted me

"Uncle pls calm down,this is not the rjght time for this, i have known Amaka for some years now, she's not capable of doing such things," Nelson told him

"So because you know her for three years, you think you know her too well," he told Nelson

"Uncle pls, i want to fix a date for my introduction, and i also want to do the ime ego, on the same day" Nelson told him

"I was right, look at how he wants to rush everything,...... My dear, you'll do the introduction first, then we give you date for ime ego (payment of dowry), i nugo(have you heard)" he asked Nelson

"Yes,..... So when can we come for the introduction?", Nelson asked him

"This one is not a special occasion, just inform me whenever you're ready to come," My uncle told him

"" We shall be here on 30th of November, that is next month, then after that we can fix the ime ego (payment of dowry),........ Uncle we're ready to go now"Nelson told him

"I was glad that they're done, i was so angry with my uncle, i wished my father was still alive, why would he be treating us like this," i thought to myself

My mother was just weeping silently, i noticed she was hiding her tears, Nelson brought out the things he bought for uncle Amobi from the boot, he dropped them in his parlour and we left.

I remembered the death of my father, i remembered all my mother and i passed through, if not for aunty Amanda, this man would have eaten us raw,

I didnt know when tears started flowing from my eyes

"Baby pls stop, you're breaking my heart, why are cryin?....... Forget all that your uncle said, i didnt believe all the rubbish he said, i'll always be there for you," he assured me

I wiped my tears and thanked him,

We travelled back to Lagos the next day, that was the beginning of my sufferings.

5 Likes

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 8:59pm On Mar 23, 2017
Ifecoded:

I think topnaija.com is the site that posted it,
There is a way to make money outta this o..
Am not sure it's dsame story tho..
That's my story, pls tell me more about this, i'm not happy some people are posting my story without my permission.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Ifecoded(m): 9:10pm On Mar 23, 2017
marianneada:
That's my story, pls tell me more about this, i'm not happy some people are posting my story without my permission.
I don't know the site that posted it, the guy that posted the picture should know better.
I searched for topNaija.com now, it brought nothing.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 9:16pm On Mar 23, 2017
Ifecoded:

I don't know the site that posted it, the guy that posted the picture should know better.
I searched for topNaija.com now, it brought nothing.
ook, i'll check
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 9:18pm On Mar 23, 2017
talithakum:
i didnt grant them authorization to post my story.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by blanquito(m): 10:26pm On Mar 23, 2017
hmmm the suspense is getting intense.keep up the good work sweet ada
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by heemah(f): 10:35pm On Mar 23, 2017
marianneada:
First and foremost, remove some parts of the story. That's plagiarism!! Haba!!
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by felixawe(m): 10:43pm On Mar 23, 2017
Please Adanne don't allowed Amy to surfer in the hands of her uncle please l'm begging you.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Ifecoded(m): 11:32pm On Mar 23, 2017
marianneada:
I saw this on nl, I feel it should help... www.nairaland.com/2120260/dealing-plagiarism-nairaland-stories-rogue
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 4:13am On Mar 24, 2017
Ifecoded:

I saw this on nl, I feel it should help... www.nairaland.com/2120260/dealing-plagiarism-nairaland-stories-rogue
Thanks so dear.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (34) (Reply)

Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / Story: Taking Chances / Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.