Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,395 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? (16219 Views)

Dry Powder Inhaler Or Metered Dose Inhaler –which Is The Best To Control Asthma? / Think More Than Twice / Think More Than Twice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by smokeydrinky: 12:17pm On Mar 05, 2017
justscorchone:

Pls do you take the controller daily or during attacks ,eats the name of the one you are using? How expensive is it? Thanks

It's meant to be used daily but I take it only when I feel that discomfort that precedes a crisis. I use symbicort and salmeflo. Depending on location, it cost about 5k or a Little less or Lots more, for each.

Last year, I had a lot of crisis,my doctor told me he was tired of seeing me and prescribed the relivers. I searched ND searched couldn't find it in Lagos ( market and my area) so I had it sent down from the east. That was the end of my hospital Visit until December when I became ill again only because I kept it for big crisis.Lol I was schooled on how to use it and that it's for prevention, not relief. I have been good since then.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Tolupage(m): 12:18pm On Mar 05, 2017
iamantistd:

there is a cure. contact me if intrested 08086251300

What is there to talk in private, this is a public forum where info shared can save lives but I guess money is attached. learn to help others as often as u can without expecting anything in return. God Bless
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 05, 2017
Asthma can be so frustrating...it almost destroyed me...it affected my education nd movement.....i would be having attacks at least 3 times in a week...I even thought I would die...but as I grew older I got to know more about asthma nd how to control it ...nd now all I have is mild asthma.....IM SERIOUSLY HOPING FOR A CURE
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by smokeydrinky: 12:26pm On Mar 05, 2017
trigar12:
Asthma don disturb my life o
Sometimes, I think asthma was created by the devil himself to torment Ppl. I could have died so many times.
So many times I travelled and forgot to take my drugs along and I have attack at night with no inhaler or Franol tablet. So many occasions but am grateful for life.
And am still playful as Bleep, even my friends don't know am asthmatic.
I hope I get it cured one day though.

U still use franol? The drugs were beginning to have a side effect on me. Anyone else experienced this? Franol, sometimes ventolin makes my bones brittle, causes visible trembling.... Infact I cant begin to explain. I get relieved of asthma ND start suffering something else I don't know. I was already making plans to see an expert in the field before I got to know about salmeflo ND co. I don't ever want to take asthma tablets again.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by siraj1402(m): 12:27pm On Mar 05, 2017
edlion57:
Can asthmatic patient be healed permanently....
Yes, totally and permanently.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by siraj1402(m): 12:28pm On Mar 05, 2017
mhizesther:
Asthma can be so frustrating...it almost destroyed me...it affected my education nd movement.....i would be having attacks at least 3 times in a week...I even thought I would die...but as I grew older I got to know more about asthma nd how to control it ...nd now all I have is mild asthma.....IM SERIOUSLY HOPING FOR A CURE
It is curable totally and permanently.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by trigar12(m): 12:29pm On Mar 05, 2017
smokeydrinky:

U still use franol? The drugs were beginning to have a side effect on me. Anyone else experienced this? Franol, sometimes ventolin makes my bones brittle, causes visible trembling.... Infact I cant begin to explain. I get relieved of asthma ND start suffering something else I don't know. I was already making plans to see an expert in the field before I got to know about salmeflo ND co. I don't ever want to take asthma tablets again.

Yes true it causes trembling Wen u use the full tablet, I use half n keep half. I only use it wen I don't have inhaler and low on cash.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by smokeydrinky: 12:34pm On Mar 05, 2017
trigar12:

Yes true it causes trembling Wen u use the full tablet, I use half n keep half. I only use it wen I don't have inhaler and low on cash.

So it's a side effect of the drug then? I'm relieved.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Profcamsey(m): 12:39pm On Mar 05, 2017
Hurlstarling:
Mine too was gone 5 years ago. It was a chronic asthma. Those days I wish I had died, you could always see in my eyes how much I hated life. Came to a point I took my pen I wrote this song:

"If I can just live a normal life
To smile and walk, and laugh heartily
Without pains as I on my bed lay
Then will I know that life is worth living

For now I see no sense in living
No worth placed on this worthless breathe
Why give life when you cannot sustain it
Only for it to deteriorate."

That was my song before God. Poor me then.

It could be a miracle, and it could be a traditional medicine I took (Squashed Garlic with pure water). Preventive measures? Never took any, I mean, there is no money to afford that, no oil? How will my family survive? Well now I'm glad I am healthy. I thank God for that though I still have issue with God when it comes to my personality (I am a schizoid)

Oops... Can't believe I am saying all these.

I used honey and squashed garlic. I was diagnosed to have asthma when I was in primary school but had attack once. since then, living life but I do take preventive measures.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by shinarlaura(f): 12:46pm On Mar 05, 2017
Hurlstarling:
My heart bleeds for you dear. It's not an easy life. I will like to have further discussion with you, you can check my signature for my contact. Will be happy if you can indulge.

It hasn't been easy for real.

Thanks for the concern. Will contact u
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Gbengageorge: 12:47pm On Mar 05, 2017
I did a research somehow online and discovered that there is a particular drug(antibiotics), if used consistently for two months will cure it.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by shinarlaura(f): 12:48pm On Mar 05, 2017
WfBabakhay:
The Lord Is ur strenght..he wil surely Heal you permanently pls neva Loose hope

Amen
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Obaf16(f): 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2017
Ginaz:
I had asthma some time back when I was in secondary school I think. They took me to the doctor and he said I had asthma, though he didn't give me an inhaler but he told me what to be avoided. I should bath with warm water at all times, keep myself warm at all times, don't cook or fry anything. I had attacks once or twice every month, my mom would run up and down to keep my cold legs warm. My legs would be extremely cold to the touch, I won't breath without panting, my chest felt pressed like I wanna die.

I did all that and it just went away, for the past 5 years I've been OK, no attacks no struggling for breath, I'm fine. I'm still wondering how come cos I heard they have no cure for asthma.

I guessed I was lucky to be healed. It's a miracle
Am happy for u dear,my Dad case was like ur case, it's a miracle .
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by otokx(m): 1:10pm On Mar 05, 2017
smokeydrinky:

Asthma tablets for me are preferred as the effect lasts longer, the inhalers some times can irritate the throat but yes that trembling does occur occasionally with headache but being hydrated helps.

1 Like

Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by ekunu(f): 1:15pm On Mar 05, 2017
saydfact:
Asthma Treatments and how to take them.

Globally, inhalers are the most common and effective way to take asthma medication because the medicine goes straight into the lungs.

There are two main types of inhalers:

* Reliever - Gives rapid relief from symptoms. They are sometimes called rescue inhalers.

* Controllers - Helps control the swelling and inflammation in the airways - this helps prevent asthma attacks. You should use it every day, even when you feel well.

Are you overusing your reliever?

If you have been prescribed a reliever only, you're overusing your reliever if you use it more than twice a month.

If you have been prescribed a reliever and a controller, you're overusing your reliever I'd you use it more than twice a week.

[i] (If you're overusing your inhaler, see your doctor immediately) [i/]

What triggers an asthma attack and how do I avoid it?

A trigger is anything which starts your asthma symptoms of makes your asthma symptoms worse. Common asthma triggers imvlude:

* Exercise
* Animal fur
* Cigarette smoke
* House dust mites
* Pollen
* Viral Infections

If you know what your triggers are, you can try and avoid them. Sometimes you can't avoid them, but there are things you can do to reduce the effect they have on your asthma symptoms.

To cope with triggers:

* Take your controller inhaler everyday as prescribed.
* Always carry your reliever inhaler in case you need it.

In the next series, we'll discuss LIVING WITH ASTHMA & BEING PREPARED FOR AN ASTHMA ATTACK.

Culled: Health Tips on www.palmchatnow.com

Cc: Lalasticlala, mynd44
am not understanding...
your write up needs more clarification
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Ginaz(f): 1:26pm On Mar 05, 2017
shinarlaura:

Amen.

There have been so much improvement. At first I was always having the attack but since I started avoiding what could caused it, I could spend like 6 months without any problem.

Mine was hard o, every month na problem. I didn't take any drugs throughout my asthmatic days or used an inhaler, only just on the first day it happened and I was admitted. I was in the hospital that day wondering if I was gonna die but thank God I overcame it with no drugs or inhaler. I'm perfectly healed, I can cook, bath with cold water and fry most especially dodo, I love dodo. grin
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Ginaz(f): 1:27pm On Mar 05, 2017
Obaf16:
Am happy for u dear,my Dad case was like ur case, it's a miracle .

It's a miracle I tell you, I thank God for your dad too.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Ginaz(f): 1:29pm On Mar 05, 2017
pedrilo:
I'm happy for u, I'm sure u r cute cos this asthma tin is synonymous with cuties.

I don't know if I'm cute shocked
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by shinarlaura(f): 1:44pm On Mar 05, 2017
Ginaz:

Mine was hard o, every month na problem. I didn't take any drugs throughout my asthmatic days or used an inhaler, only just on the first day it happened and I was admitted. I was in the hospital that day wondering if I was gonna die but thank God I overcame it with no drugs or inhaler. I'm perfectly healed, I can cook, bath with cold water and fry most especially dodo, I love dodo. grin

Woow. That's amazing. Truly u blessed
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Hurlstarling: 2:02pm On Mar 05, 2017
Profcamsey:

I used honey and squashed garlic. I was diagnosed to have asthma when I was in primary school but had attack once. since then, living life but I do take preventive measures.
You can as well take a tip taste of Mis Paris every day.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by ArcFresky(m): 2:02pm On Mar 05, 2017
justscorchone:
Is there a particular name for the controller,I only use ventolin inhaler and I think I might be overusing it lately.
Quit using that inhaler, the thing dey addictive... Although It hasn't been proven..I had used the inhaler from like age 7 to age 22, then I switched to using ventolin sabutamol tablet once a day whether attack or no attack..

Now I rarely have attacks, unless I over work myself (i even compete in race during Nysc camp).

The key to reducing attacks is undertsanding yourself, avoiding triggers and trying to calm down when in attack mode... E.g when I have a crisis, I dont run, i dont talk, i dont climb stairs, i take deep breaths and I try to contro my breathing...
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 05, 2017
Hurlstarling:
Yes, they can. I used to have Asthma, but I no longer did. There is a cure for it, and it's less expensive.
i am An asthmatic patient i rarely hv attacks, just last week i had a serious attack which almost took my life.... i am interested in the cure what's the process?
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Yuneehk(f): 2:30pm On Mar 05, 2017
ArcFresky:

Quit using that inhaler, the thing dey addictive... Although It hasn't been proven..I had used the inhaler from like age 7 to age 22, then I switched to using ventolin sabutamol tablet once a day whether attack or no attack..

Now I rarely have attacks, unless I over work myself (i even compete in race during Nysc camp).

The key to reducing attacks is undertsanding yourself, avoiding triggers and trying to calm down when in attack mode... E.g when I have a crisis, I dont run, i dont talk, i dont climb stairs, i take deep breaths and I try to contro my breathing...
I totally agree with you about Ventolin inhaler being addictive. My dad can't even do without it. Taking the tablet daily works for those who can remain faithful to taking it everyday.
How did you survive nysc camp? I'm thinking of not participating in the 3weeks camping when it's time to serve as I can hardly do anything strenuous.
My only problems are I can't seem to stop taking cold drinks and eating fried stuffs.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 05, 2017
siraj1402:
It is curable totally and permanently. 08036534549.
really i'll call you...I need the cure
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 05, 2017
Yuneehk:

I totally agree with you about Ventolin inhaler being addictive. My dad can't even do without it. Taking the tablet daily works for those who can remain faithful to taking it everyday.
How did you survive nysc camp? I'm thinking of not participating in the 3weeks camping when it's time to serve as I can hardly do anything strenuous.
My only problems are I can't seem to stop taking cold drinks and eating fried stuffs.

@embolden tats also one of my biggest problem...I really i wish i could stay away from things tat triggers it sad
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by InvertedHammer: 3:08pm On Mar 05, 2017
saydfact:
Asthma Treatments and how to take them.

Globally, inhalers are the most common and effective way to take asthma medication because the medicine goes straight into the lungs.

There are two main types of inhalers:

* Reliever - Gives rapid relief from symptoms. They are sometimes called rescue inhalers.

* Controllers - Helps control the swelling and inflammation in the airways - this helps prevent asthma attacks. You should use it every day, even when you feel well.

Are you overusing your reliever?

If you have been prescribed a reliever only, you're overusing your reliever if you use it more than twice a month.

If you have been prescribed a reliever and a controller, you're overusing your reliever I'd you use it more than twice a week.

[i] (If you're overusing your inhaler, see your doctor immediately) [i/]

What triggers an asthma attack and how do I avoid it?

A trigger is anything which starts your asthma symptoms of makes your asthma symptoms worse. Common asthma triggers imvlude:

* Exercise
* Animal fur
* Cigarette smoke
* House dust mites
* Pollen
* Viral Infections

If you know what your triggers are, you can try and avoid them. Sometimes you can't avoid them, but there are things you can do to reduce the effect they have on your asthma symptoms.

To cope with triggers:

* Take your controller inhaler everyday as prescribed.
* Always carry your reliever inhaler in case you need it.

In the next series, we'll discuss LIVING WITH ASTHMA & BEING PREPARED FOR AN ASTHMA ATTACK.

Culled: Health Tips on www.palmchatnow.com

Cc: Lalasticlala, mynd44

Seun:
You need to close this thread. What the OP is doing is dangerous!
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Yuneehk(f): 3:10pm On Mar 05, 2017
L0velyn:

@embolden tats also one of my biggest problem...I really i wish i could stay away from things tat triggers it sad
If you have self control, you can. It's not easy yeah but try to avoid it. As for me, I don't know the advice to give myself again grin Only God will help me

Do you take ginger and honey? Dad makes it like a syrup and it helps. You can try taking that as it's not even bitter thanks to the honey
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by pedrilo: 3:12pm On Mar 05, 2017
Ginaz:

I don't know if I'm cute shocked
if u r the one on ur dp, then u r cuter than u tink. cheers
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by pedrilo: 3:15pm On Mar 05, 2017
Rosella1:

Hmmmmm, really?
yea really, and where hav u bn? am not hapi wit u oh! sure u knw why.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Hurlstarling: 3:20pm On Mar 05, 2017
L0velyn:
i am An asthmatic patient i rarely hv attacks, just last week i had a serious attack which almost took my life.... i am interested in the cure what's the process?
Buy garlics from market, squash it. Put the squash garlic into a neat bottle, add water to it (I used pure water for mine then). Always shake before use. Take small quantity please, it is very effective. You can check my signature to update me on things through wha''tsap''p.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 05, 2017
[quote author=shinarlaura post=54286793][/quote]I will like to know about that too. If you get answer to this, please contact me. Thanks
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 05, 2017
Hurlstarling:
Buy garlics from market, squash it. Put the squash garlic into a neat bottle, add water to it (I used pure water for mine then). Always shake before use. Take small quantity please, it is very effective. You can check my signature to update me on things through wha''tsap''p.
thank i'll try it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan / A Patient Tests Positive For COVID-19 In Cross-River - UCTH / Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.