Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,420 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (492191 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by flourishing247: 6:24pm On Jan 07
MolB:
Hello
I'm planning on going on vacation during their midterm break in Feb, as Easter won't be possible due to obligations at home and work.
A friend is telling me that we might be turned back at POE because the kids are believed to be in session and it might look as if we have immigrant intent.
Anyone had any issues with similar circumstances at POE?

Are you in Nigeria? If yes then it looks fishy to be travelling during mid term as mid term is usually one week max. Except the kids will be out of school for sometime just to go on a holday. It is a dicey situation sha.Pick another travel period to avoid issues.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by MolB: 6:57pm On Jan 07
flourishing247:

Are you in Nigeria? If yes then it looks fishy to be travelling during mid term as mid term is usually one week max. Except the kids will be out of school for sometime just to go on a holday. It is a dicey situation sha.Pick another travel period to avoid issues.

Yes, I'm in Nigeria. I was planning to add a week to their break. Thanks for your advice, I'll just wait for a convenient holiday.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by whiteMandingo: 12:21pm On Jan 29
wahala..the economy is just getting worse and worse...ethiopian airline wch provided affordable flights to usa, is no longer cheap. over 3m naira now for a return flight.
pls who knows of any cheaper way to get to washington or houston area with below 20hrs total flight time that cost less than 2m naira?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by babylawyr(f): 10:27pm On Jan 29
The cheapest airline now is AirFrance for travel between now and March!

whiteMandingo:
wahala..the economy is just getting worse and worse...ethiopian airline wch provided affordable flights to usa, is no longer cheap. over 3m naira now for a return flight.
pls who knows of any cheaper way to get to washington or houston area with below 20hrs total flight time that cost less than 2m naira?

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by whiteMandingo: 10:17am On Feb 05
babylawyr:
The cheapest airline now is AirFrance for travel between now and March!

Travel is btw march and april.
ethipioan airlines wch used to be cheap b4...is no longer cheap.
learnt egyptair,trukish air, airfrance may be cheap. will research and see wch one works out ok
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by babylawyr(f): 5:12pm On Feb 05
Fam, ticket prices now are ridiculously expensive. Its has been like this for a while now because I've been waiting for price drop since last year! But its looking more and more unlikely, this is the new normal.

whiteMandingo:

Travel is btw march and april.
ethipioan airlines wch used to be cheap b4...is no longer cheap.
learnt egyptair,trukish air, airfrance may be cheap. will research and see wch one works out ok

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.