Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,324 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Tradition - A Story - Literature (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tradition - A Story (1139346 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 2:09pm On Jul 29, 2017
dasilver20:
Thanks a lot Queenakande.wow this is good news o TWINS! CONGRATS oo chumzypinky
thanks dear. Wlc back

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 4:42pm On Jul 29, 2017
'Mia please i need a favour from you' Freda looked at her with pleading eyes.

Mia glanced at her.

'will you please move into the house with Kelly? I dont want to stay alone anymore'

Mia bit her lower lips and smiled. Kelly was asleep and she had her head rested on her thighs.
'you've been living alone for a while now. You should get used to it Freda'

'Mia please...everyone has left me. Shiv hasnt been picking my calls, i've been trying to tell her we're on our way back but she isnt responding. I've lost face in the community. I cant even step foot into the palace anymore. I'm scared. I'm scared of losing it. Please Mia, stay with me. I know i've wronged you so much, in a way thats unforgiveable, but please give me a chance to make amends. I promise to be a better mother to you'

'you're not even my mother, dont you get it?' For a single moment, she felt pity for Freda. It was true the woman was really lonely now, but when she remembered all the pains and suffering she passed through, she didnt even want to set eyes on the woman.

'i might not be your birth mother but i've raised you, all your life'

'just be quiet Freda' She said quietly and robbed her throbbing temples. She was fatigued and tired.

Freda remained quiet for few minutes before she turned to her again 'can i ask you a question?'

Mia groaned inwardly. Couldnt this woman mind her business for goodness sake? 'ask' She stated simply.

'who's the father of Kelly?'

Mia turned to her sharply 'i dont want to ever hear that question again, do you understand?'

Freda quickly looked away 'sorry' Her voice was shaky.

Mia suddenly felt a wave of compassion towards her. This woman raised her.

She stole her from her biological mum and raised her up as her own. She could have decided to kill her or dump her somewhere after taking her away from her mum but she didnt do that. Instead she took her home and raised her. And even if she didnt do it properly, raising another woman's child wasnt an easy task.

Freda spent money on her. She went to the same school with Shiv before Shiv left to continue her studies.
Even though she never had a moment of joy with her mum, she could still remember times when her mum softened a little towards her. Like few times when she was seriously sick.

She closed her eyes. She hated that she was remembering all these.

And then Shiv.
Shiv was the best thing that ever happened to her.
Shiv was supportive and loving. She was at loss on how to even describe her.

She remembered times when Shiv would sneak to give her money for lunch whenever her mother didnt feel like. She remembered times when she would call Shiv that period she travelled out that she needed money and her mother wouldnt help her with and Shiv would request money from her mum, then resend it to Mia when her mum sends it to her.

It felt like the scales were falling off her eyes now.

She had wronged Shiv. She agreed that she had always been envious of Shiv, and all the attention she gained from people.

But the hatred grew more and more when she agreed to marry Dike thereby thwarting her plans of being a member of the royal family.

But looking back now, she was grateful she never married Dike. How would she have explained to people now that she was married to her own brother?!

She sighed.

How was she even going to tell people she slept with her own sister's husband just to....

Her eyes quickly flew open.
Why didnt it occur to her before now?

That she had slept with her own brother!

TBC

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by chrisking125(m): 5:27pm On Jul 29, 2017
ride on mama ejima........ Mia is becoming reasonable.... Freda didn't ask mia the man responsible for her pregnancy at the age of 12? That's just terrible

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 29, 2017
thanks MA

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by wonderfulchild: 8:55pm On Jul 29, 2017
Wait oooo. Hope Dike and Shiv are not siblings?. I know why I asked sha!. Anytime they want to consummate their marriage, something will stop them. Make I just dey read dey go.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 29, 2017
Lovely.
Re: Tradition - A Story by YoungestD(m): 10:13pm On Jul 29, 2017
U Mean Emm! Mummy Yo
Re: Tradition - A Story by Kadexkadijat(f): 11:02pm On Jul 29, 2017
I love dis story so much, bt plz mum ejima forward d story to shiv nd dike part
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 29, 2017
So this Mialistic Mia just realized that she slept with her own brother...I laugh in Latin.

This is what envy does.
Re: Tradition - A Story by cbella(f): 12:50am On Jul 30, 2017
I beg, shiv shouldn't be Dike's sister waiii.
I don't want Dora to win, maybe Dike is not the kings son... Ahaaa that one will do

Thanks for the update
Re: Tradition - A Story by hayorlad: 12:56am On Jul 30, 2017
Imagine a self acclaimed Badoo cult member caught at this trial times of Ikorodu...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlAz5FHmNFs
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 1:19pm On Jul 30, 2017
cbella:
I don't want Dora to win, maybe Dike is not the kings son... Ahaaa that one will do

Thanks for the update

hahaha dont fear. They are not feelings
Re: Tradition - A Story by Twinkle004(f): 2:10pm On Jul 30, 2017
cbella:

Thanks for the update

Shiv and Dike can never be siblings, cos if they are then the story is straight forward and knowing who Chumzypinky is, she like complicated story. Just watch and see

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Kimkardashain(f): 2:28pm On Jul 30, 2017
oh God, mia i feel 4 u
Re: Tradition - A Story by 123456dr(f): 5:37pm On Jul 30, 2017
Thumbs up Mumm chumzypinky
Re: Tradition - A Story by talk2saintify(m): 6:10pm On Jul 30, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Her eyes quickly flew open. Why didnt it occur to her before now?
That she had slept with her own brother!
TBC
ah tot she has realized dat already, earlier on in the story...

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by do4luv14(m): 7:53pm On Jul 30, 2017
.IA should forgive FREDA a,d help her,

together with her and SHIV they should approach DIKE , and ho thru him to NGOZI and IGWE
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 10:47pm On Jul 30, 2017
Dike knocked on her door lightly. He wondered why she hadnt stepped out of her room since she had raced up the stairs when she was talking with her mum.
Was she alright?
The Lolo was leaving and she called for all the wives to be assembled. She had sent Dora to alert but he chose to go himself.

'who's there?'

'baby its me' He replied grinning.

'Dike, uhm...can i come to your room later? I'm so not in the mood right now'

His jaw dropped. He suddenly felt weak and bad. Does that mean she didnt love him that much? Was she using him like the others? 'i just wanted to let you know the queen summoned you' He wondered if she was chatting or talking with any of her exes. Or was she seeing other men now?

He walked away from her door and headed to his room instead. He fell on his bed and whistled. She had hurt him just now. She might not have realised but he felt pained.
Shiv straightened her blue peplum gown. She wondered what the queen wanted to say to her this time.

She switched off her phone and left it on her bed before rushing down. On getting there she found everyone assembled in the sitting room. The Igwe and the Lolo were sitting together holding hands with smiles on their faces and without being told, she knew they had reconciled and only God knew the happiness she felt within.

She didnt fail to notice the luggages in the sitting room too, meaning she was leaving. Was this the reason she called for a meeting?

She bowed in respect for the king 'your majesty'

'raise your head and look at me' The Lolo's voice was stern 'i dont know where that your harlot of a mother ran to, but i'm very sure you know, so when next you speak to her, let her know that she was the one who lost at the end, because as you can see, i just reconciled with my husband. And just so you know, i'll do anything within my power to ensure your marriage to Dike is annulled, because i cant have a descendant of a slut in my family. I summoned you to let you know'

Shiv closed her eyes but not before seeing Dora smirk.

The Lolo faced the others with a smile 'as for the rest of you, i just want you all to know that i couldnt have asked for better wives for my son. I'm leaving here knowing that my son is in good hands and he'll be well taken care of you. You guys are the best i've known. And i appreciate your co-operative spirit. And i pray your co-operation stands the test of time. I never had your kind of co-wives, even up till now my dear. And i know what lack of cooperation does to a home. I've witnessed it firsthand. I was well taken care of and respected here. And i'm going to make sure each and every one of you are rewarded, except of course some descendants from the family of sluts'

Shiv was losing it but she controlled herself. Why wasnt the Igwe saying anything? Why was he silent? Did he support his wife's hostile attitude towards her? What had she done to deserve all these humiliation. She bit her lips to drive back the tears.

'so, without wasting any more of your time, i want you all to know that i'll be visiting this place more often than before. You all will get your rewards soon i promise you. I want to thank Ada for her wonderful meals. She really made sure i was well fed' She looked at the Igwe smilingly.

'thank you Ada' The Igwe stretched his hands for a handshake and Ada knelt to recieve it.

'i also want to thank Benita always seeing to my laundry. I must say that my clothes are more sparkling than i can ever remember them to be. I'm still contemplating on the idea of making you the head of the laundrers in the palace'

Benita smiled and lowered her head 'i'm honoured my queen'

'Chinny Chinny, my ever bubbly Chinny. You know, i love you so much. Your mum and i were very good friends before she died. You have her personality and charisma, and whenever i look at you, i see Beatrice. You're a good woman and may you always be happy'

'thank you my queen'

'Dora, though i'm still angry at you for picking a quarel in my presence without any respect or regards for me, i forgive you. You were also nice to me'

'thanks my queen. I'm sorry about everything'

'you're forgiven' She moved to Edna and complimented her.

Dora dimmed her eyes in anger, every other person got a good compliment and commendation but hers was just "you were also nice"? How pathetic! She practically made sure the Lolo was comfortable! She was the one who took care of her more than every other person but why did she get the lowest commendation? Shit! Things werent going as planned.

Her only joy was that Shiv remained in the lolo's black book. That girl would never find peace as far as she remained in that house.

And she just couldnt wait for her marriage to Dike to be annulled. She couldnt wait.

TBC

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 30, 2017
Mummy Chumzypinky!Hope yaf not vex for me??

Don't mind me ma.Na condition make your baby crayfish bend!

Hope you haven't forgotten your promise of making this story have a happy ending just for me o!!

Hope my twins are doing great??

Lest i forget,when Shiv gives birth to Dike's child.Name her my name o.

Following all the way#onelove
Re: Tradition - A Story by teemusic(m): 6:38am On Jul 31, 2017
wow nice one sis pls we need more updated may God continue to give u strength,bcuz it not easy especially now dat d twins are involve, more more more strength
Re: Tradition - A Story by Donpeteranking(m): 9:18am On Jul 31, 2017
Next o abeg

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 9:47am On Jul 31, 2017
humeeh:
Mummy Chumzypinky!Hope yaf not vex for me??

Don't mind me ma.Na condition make your baby crayfish bend!

Hope you haven't forgotten your promise of making this story have a happy ending just for me o!!

Hope my twins are doing great??

Lest i forget,when Shiv gives birth to Dike's child.Name her my name o.

Following all the way#onelove
lol. Do u knw if Shiv is barren? Wat if she doesnt gv birth? How wil i name her after u? Lol.
Ur twins are fine anyway. They send their regards

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 31, 2017
Chumzypinky:

lol. Do u knw if Shiv is barren? Wat if she doesnt gv birth? How wil i name her after u? Lol.
Ur twins are fine anyway. They send their regards
Barren kwa,sis don't do me like this na

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by bimberry1307(f): 12:18pm On Jul 31, 2017
mother in law, Abeg pity shiv small na. make Dike no lose interest in her o. Make she ma happy small. Thanks in advance 😝
Re: Tradition - A Story by talk2saintify(m): 2:54pm On Jul 31, 2017
Lol @Dora

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Rakiababy: 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2017
i jux love this story...mama Chumzy u shud hv welcm me...i understnd...im noh ur frnd buh stil good job..i lov it
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 5:11pm On Jul 31, 2017
Rakiababy:
i jux love this story...mama Chumzy u shud hv welcm me...i understnd...im noh ur frnd buh stil good job..i lov it
eyaaa dear, i'm sorry. You're my friend. Everyone is my friend. You're wlc 2 d thread

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Kimkardashain(f): 6:00pm On Jul 31, 2017
Dora Lwkmd
Re: Tradition - A Story by hobbyheart(f): 8:22pm On Jul 31, 2017
The story is getting hotter and sweeter. God bless you and your family chumzy mama. In Oliver twist voice we want some more but you are really trying is not easy managing the family and still have time to update God go bless u welu welu.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 31, 2017
It seems Dora has something up her sleeves but what's it.
Will the Lolo's plan of annulling Shiv and Dike's marriage be a reality.
Find out on next episode of TRADITION showing on Chumzy TV.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 31, 2017
Dora Dora Dora Dora. how many times did I call you. better don't spoil my evening for me oh because na your time I dey like to beat. no make me vex.

Erm erm erm Mama Ejima, three gbosa for you. you try wella.

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (137) (Reply)

Number 225 Katakata Street / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.