Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Tradition - A Story - Literature (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tradition - A Story (1139406 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 8:17pm On Jun 20, 2017
But no, i'm not famished. Instead i'll settle for hot coffee to calm my fraying nerves' She rubbed her chest softle.

'fraying nerves?'

'huh?' She bit those sexy lips of her 'sorry. But just get me the coffee'

He studied her for a while 'okay. Just a minute' He rushed into the kitchen and reappeared minutes later with a steaming cup of coffee which he handed to her.

She took a sip and sighed again.

'wie kann ich dir helfen?'

'sorry?' She looked confused 'sorry, but i dont speak german. I'm....actually new here. Just arrived from the states'

'oh sorry! I was actually saying, how may i help you? You said you're looking for a job?'

'yes. A job'

'sorry but we are not in need of any helping hand around here. Vero does all the chores and Kelly helps her just fine'

She heard footsteps coming from the stairs and her heart skipped a beat.

'who is she?' A feminine voice asked from the stairs. When she looked up, she saw a curvy woman in tight jeans and a pink Lauren Smith polo. And she remembered her to be Vero, the woman who took her child away. She was still as beautiful as ever but she looked a little wrinkled and old. Wasnt she her mother's agemate?

She quickly stood 'hi'

'hallo. Wer bist du?'

'huh?'

'she meant who are you?' Diego quickly came to her rescue 'honey she doesnt speak German. She's from the states'

'oh i see! You already know her well. So...where's the child she brought along with her? Another one of your numerous mistresses and baby mamas right?'

'i beg your pardon!' Mia gasped 'me?'

'Veronica!' Diego cautioned.

'what? Is it new? Wasnt this the way Perla showed up at our house holding little junior in her arms? Or is this one here to stay?'

'one more word from you Vero and you know what will happen' Diego warned

11 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by bimberry1307(f): 8:32pm On Jun 20, 2017
chumzypinky, mother in law of life, thanks for the update but e short o. How are my babies?
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 20, 2017
Thanks for the update Chumzypinky, its been quite a while and how are the twins
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 9:28pm On Jun 20, 2017
bimberry1307:
chumzypinky, mother in law of life, thanks for the update but e short o. How are my babies?
lol. Manage nau. I'm trying. My mother has gone too oo. Its just me, my kids, my husband and a 12 year old girl who's helping me out now. She wont cook nau and i wont burden her with so much house chores when she has to go to school. The responsibilities on me now is shoulder-weighing. You know i've never disappointed this way before. Gbaram.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 9:30pm On Jun 20, 2017
ToluLolu0122:
Thanks for the update Chumzypinky, its been quite a while and how are the twins
they are fine dear. And you?
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 20, 2017
Chumzypinky:

they are fine dear. And you?

I'm great
Re: Tradition - A Story by bimberry1307(f): 5:22am On Jun 21, 2017
Chumzypinky:

lol. Manage nau. I'm trying. My mother has gone too oo. Its just me, my kids, my husband and a 12 year old girl who's helping me out now. She wont cook nau and i wont burden her with so much house chores when she has to go to school. The responsibilities on me now is shoulder-weighing. You know i've never disappointed this way before. Gbaram.
Awwwwwn, it's not easy. oya take all the time you need. the Lord is your strength. where is that your e-hubby, TheBlessedMAN? He should come and back the twins nau. put one for front and the other one for back. Lol.
Re: Tradition - A Story by TheBlessedMAN: 7:19am On Jun 21, 2017
bimberry1307.

where is that your e-hubby, TheBlessedMAN? He should come and back the twins nau. put one for front and the other one for back. Lol.
There's little you can do, when the wife you're trying to help is too stingy.- quotes of a The-thing-don-tire-me-husband. TBM.

Bimberry, na wetin me self reason be that o, say make ah dey help her carry the twins. But she no gree. She's never let me carry those adorable kids and whenever I do, she always set time for me. Maximum of 30mins per day and the tin don tire me self. She's just too stingy with the twins.

Wetin ah fit do?

5 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 2:08pm On Jun 21, 2017
TheBlessedMAN:
There's little you can do, when the wife you're trying to help is too stingy.- quotes of a The-thing-don-tire-me-husband. TBM.

Bimberry, na wetin me self reason be that o, say make ah dey help her carry the twins. But she no gree. She's never let me carry those adorable kids and whenever I do, she always set time for me. Maximum of 30mins per day and the tin don tire me self. She's just too stingy with the twins.

Wetin ah fit do?
see this linus of a man oo. Shuooo!
How charcoal go dey call pot black nau? Where e dey happen?
See this one wey no even dey dey house? I dey see u for eye?
You were scarce pass Buhari. Anyway, why am i not surprised? How will you have time for the kids when all you do is move around NL with Mimienudles? Or you think i dont see you? I have a plan for you and very soon, we shall see.
Do not underestimate the power of a desperate and angry woman sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by 1marking(m): 4:29pm On Jun 21, 2017
Chumzypinky:

Do not underestimate the power of a desperate and angry woman sha
Hahaahaaa desperate woman indeed
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 11:19pm On Jun 21, 2017
Shiv settled for a black Love one shoulder frill dress and gold sandals. She packed her braids in a bun, picked her clutch and went out of her room.

She bumped into Dora 'oh hi Dee'

'hi' Dora smiled back 'you seem to be going out. I was about coming to your room'

'oh! I want to meet with a friend of mine. You actually know her, Richelle, she came back from the states yesterday'

'oh! That one that wanted to pass the night here?'

'yeah'

'okay then. See you later. Get me ice cream' She started walking away.

'i surely will'

'and...' She stopped walking and turned 'Chinny took the black camry out if thats what you're thinking of using. And Edna and Flora took the Element to the market. You might just end up taking a cab because i plan on using the only available car left, Dike's SUV. You know he usually takes the Porsche to work and he doesnt share his Jaguar or convertible' She winked and walked away.

Shiv groaned. Trekking to the junction in order to get a cab was another stress on its own.

She contemplated going to Dike's room to beg for one of his cars but decided against it. He wouldnt agree and beside Dora wouldnt especially like it.

God please help me.

She decided to hang around a little. Maybe either Chinny or Edna would return with the cars. She really hoped so.

She went to the balcony outside and rested on the railings. Her eyes roamed round the compound as various thoughts filled her mind.

Choudhary.

Tears nearly pooled in her eyes at the thought of him. She couldnt believe she had forgotten about this guy for so long. She really loved him in the past but why was it so easy to forget him? She didnt even know if he was still in Nigeria or had gone back to the states disappointed.
He wasnt in Nigeria. She was sure of that because if he was, he would have tried seeing her. Choudhary never gave up. She knew he would be back for her.

'kobo for your thoughts'

She jerked her head and found Dike standing three inches away from her in a white jean trouser and blue golf polo with black Versace sandals.

'are you going out?' he asked.

'yes. I just want to meet up with a friend'

'okay. So whats keeping you?'

'the car. I'm waiting for either Chinny or Edna. They went out with the only available cars'

'what happened to the tundra?' He pointed at the green tundra parked at one edge of the garage.

She chuckled 'its sort of big and long. And moreover it developed a fault so nobody drives it'

'and no one told me' He looked at his wristwatch 'i would have dropped you off but i dont think i'm heading in your direction and i'm in a hurry to catch up with a meeting. Why not go with the convertible or Porsche? I'm going with the Jaguar today'

Shiv's eyes brightened 'are you serious?'

'just return them in good faith' He beamed at her and walked to his car.

She couldnt believe her luck. She ran up to his room to where she believed he dropped his keys and went back to the convertible.

'where are you taking that car to?' Dora eyed her 'how did you even get the key? Did Dike authorise you to use it?'

Shiv paused 'why are you interrogating me like i'm a thief or something? Do you think i'll touch it if Dike didnt tell me to?'

Dora stretched her hand 'hand me the keys'

'excuse me? And why should i?'

Dora arched a brow 'because i say so. You cant just sneak into Dike's room and take whatever key you want simply because he's not home. Dike would never let you come close to this car. Its his wife just incase you're oblivious of that fact. Give me the key. You wont manhandle this car in his absence'

'and who are you to judge?'

'are you questioning me?'

'maybe you should call Dike and ask him if he asked me to use this car or not. Because i dont understand why you're acting Alpha in this issue when the car doesnt even belong to you'

'but it belongs to Dike and its my responsibility to handly his things with care. Hand me the keys'

Chinny drove into the compound.

Shiv picked her phone and dialled Dike's number, when he picked, she put the phone on loudspeaker.

'what is it Shiv? I'm driving'

'sorry for disturbing. I just want to clarify something. Did you lend me your convertible or not?'

'i said you should take whatever car you liked. Covertible or Porsche. Why are you asking?' He sounded irritated.

'sorry. Someone just wanted to know'

She hung up. Chinny watched them from afar. Shiv couldnt describe Dora's face this time. She wanted to just get into the car and drive out but instead she smile at her, relunctantly waved at Chinny who was also surprised and drove out of the compound slowly.

'are you seeing this bitch?' Dora turned to Chinny.

Chinny eyed her 'who are you asking and who's speaking to you?'

Dora hissed 'was i talking to you? Fool' She stormed into the house.

TBC

15 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by estluv(f): 2:08am On Jun 22, 2017
Tanks ma...am loving this story more and more
Re: Tradition - A Story by Donpeteranking(m): 9:19am On Jun 22, 2017
Nice you are good ,,,,, pls o next
Re: Tradition - A Story by chisiudeh: 10:51am On Jun 22, 2017
Nice. More of that Shiv.. Stand up for your self. You are a co-wife. Senior or Junior. Its still ur responsibility to take care of Dikes properties.
Re: Tradition - A Story by talk2saintify(m): 11:09am On Jun 22, 2017
yeye dora

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by bimberry1307(f): 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheBlessedMAN:

Wetin ah fit do?
when you are busy chasing after that girl that is selling noddles nko? mimienudles abi wetin be her moniker sef. how she go allow you carry d twins. chumzypinky no mind am jare
Re: Tradition - A Story by Taniaa(f): 12:56pm On Jun 22, 2017
I'm overly enthusiastic about this one

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by do4luv14(m): 1:30pm On Jun 22, 2017
Jealouy go kill DORA oooo

groves on my sweet SHIV
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 8:33pm On Jun 22, 2017
Dike paused in his tracks when he flung the door open and found his mother sitting on a couch facing the plasma TV with a fluffy pillow by her side. There was no one else in sight. And moreover she was dressed in a night dress.

'mother?'

She turned to him 'welcome' She returned her gaze back to the television.

'what are you doing here? What about dad?'

She ignored him.

'mum? Are you passing the night here? When did you arrive?'

'this afternoon'

'why didnt you call to say you were coming?'

She faced 'i should ask for permission in my own son's house?'

'uhm...' He scratched a spot on his head 'not really'

'where is Shivani?' His mother suddenly asked.

'huh? Isnt she home yet?'

'no. She isnt home? You guys arent together?'

Dora joined them.

He shook his head 'no. I didnt go out with her. Have you tried reaching her?'

His mother raised her phone 'i've tried calling her. She isnt picking. Is this how she goes out of the house everyday and not return even by this time?' She sounded pissed 'so all Dora has been saying about her is true?'

Dike looked at Dora and saw the proud look on her face.

'let me call her' He searched his pockets for his phone 'she isnt picking'

'is that how irresponsible she behaves?!' She sprung up angrily 'i should have known! I should have known a snake would never beget a dog. An irresponsible mother would birth an irresponsible child!'

14 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by mangala14(m): 8:53pm On Jun 22, 2017
Good timing.. Weldone Ma
Re: Tradition - A Story by Emekus92(m): 9:57pm On Jun 22, 2017
I hope shiv has not been kidnap
Re: Tradition - A Story by sordmann(m): 10:09pm On Jun 22, 2017
aunty dora we yaff started seeing ya work ooh....wehdone ma#
mummy chumzy nice update[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Tradition - A Story by chisiudeh: 11:17pm On Jun 22, 2017
Dora! Dora.! Dorathy! How many times i call you. Shingbai sense you no get

1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by Palmerbarry: 11:47pm On Jun 22, 2017
Nice one. Still following.. smiley
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 1:39am On Jun 23, 2017
Dora, na wa for you o.
Re: Tradition - A Story by austine4real(m): 6:27am On Jun 23, 2017
Alavick:
ghost mode deactivated.... a lovely story I must confess... congrat on Ur twins...
Happy brthday to u

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 23, 2017
This Dora is wicked.... I feel for my shiv. Mama Dike biko take it easy
Re: Tradition - A Story by do4luv14(m): 10:48am On Jun 23, 2017
Haaaa monsi!!!!....... Dis one short oooo, short pass WIZSO grin

DORA.... Ifa catch you , walai!!... Shege de benza.....
Re: Tradition - A Story by omodihot: 11:37am On Jun 23, 2017
I love this walahi!! I have been a ghost reader but am being forced to comment. keep it up chipunzy. congrats on the birth of your babies. lots of love from omodihot.
Chumzypinky:
Dike paused in his tracks when he flung the door open and found his mother sitting on a couch facing the plasma TV with a fluffy pillow by her side. There was no one else in sight. And moreover she was dressed in a night dress.

'mother?'

She turned to him 'welcome' She returned her gaze back to the television.

'what are you doing here? What about dad?'

She ignored him.

'mum? Are you passing the night here? When did you arrive?'

'this afternoon'

'why didnt you call to say you were coming?'

She faced 'i should ask for permission in my own son's house?'

'uhm...' He scratched a spot on his head 'not really'

'where is Shivani?' His mother suddenly asked.

'huh? Isnt she home yet?'

'no. She isnt home? You guys arent together?'

Dora joined them.

He shook his head 'no. I didnt go out with her. Have you tried reaching her?'

His mother raised her phone 'i've tried calling her. She isnt picking. Is this how she goes out of the house everyday and not return even by this time?' She sounded pissed 'so all Dora has been saying about her is true?'

Dike looked at Dora and saw the proud look on her face.

'let me call her' He searched his pockets for his phone 'she isnt picking'

'is that how irresponsible she behaves?!' She sprung up angrily 'i should have known! I should have known a snake would never beget a dog. An irresponsible mother would birth an irresponsible child!'
I love this walahi!! I have been a ghost reader but am being forced to comment. keep it up chipunzy. congrats on the birth of your babies. lots of love from omodihot.

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by LilySopi(f): 12:57pm On Jun 23, 2017
omodihot:
I love this walahi!! I have been a ghost reader but am being forced to comment. keep it up chipunzy. congrats on the birth of your babies. lots of love from omodihot.I love this walahi!! I have been a ghost reader but am being forced to comment. keep it up chipunzy. congrats on the birth of your babies. lots of love from omodihot.

Is that why you should quote a whole update? Haba ni
Re: Tradition - A Story by talk2saintify(m): 1:04pm On Jun 23, 2017
Dora Dora Dora o yes

Dora Ah dey Warn yhu O yes

Dora Yes

Dora Yes

Dora Ah dey Warn yhu......
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (137) (Reply)

Number 225 Katakata Street / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.