Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,794 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) (87569 Views)

Huge Python Sold For N4,500 (Photos, Video) / The Food That Is Being Sold For N120k In Lagos / Checkout The Fried Fish That Is Being Sold For N42,000 (see Receipt) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by Karlman: 3:03pm On Mar 07, 2017
kidman96:

its still too expensive for N420:00
its ok at N420 considering location
Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by superson001(m): 3:03pm On Mar 07, 2017
LMAO.... we go all turn vegetarian grin
Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by Karlman: 3:05pm On Mar 07, 2017
kidman96:

its ok at N420 considering location
Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by Donbabajay12(m): 3:07pm On Mar 07, 2017
sipsip:
That is Diamond fish na. It contains vitamins, protein, carbohydrate, carbon dioxide, carbon copy... it has a fridge in it. You can eat it and it will grow back, provided you eat just one part of it. Yes... that small thing. The computer that was used to type the price is mad. The eatery that sold the fish is mad. The guy that bought the fish is mad. The boat that was used to catch the fish is mad, the fish that was killed itself is mad too. Rubbish set of people.
wickuuuuueeed grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by Folksyharry(m): 3:07pm On Mar 07, 2017
northvietnam:
it's possible...,

maybe the left over from the fish Jesus used to feed multitude in the Bible...

remember the story about Five loaves of bread/Fish .. in the Bible.. fit b the left over shaaa....

grin grin grin
Who can stop visiting nairaland after reading comments like this?

1 Like

Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by surelove(f): 3:09pm On Mar 07, 2017
sipsip:
That is Diamond fish na. It contains vitamins, protein, carbohydrate, carbon dioxide, carbon copy... it has a fridge in it. You can eat it and it will grow back, provided you eat just one part of it. Yes... that small thing. The computer that was used to type the price is mad. The eatery that sold the fish is mad. The guy that bought the fish is mad. The boat that was used to catch the fish is mad, the fish that was killed itself is mad too. Rubbish set of people.

You just made my day cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by sipsip(m): 3:10pm On Mar 07, 2017
surelove:

You just made my day cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Lol... while the price of that sick looking fish spoilt mine.
Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by Folksyharry(m): 3:11pm On Mar 07, 2017
sipsip:

grin grin grin
I just wrote a note. If anyone find me still laughing indiscriminately till this evening DSS should look for you.

1 Like

Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by sipsip(m): 3:11pm On Mar 07, 2017
cashkid:

How about the op? grin

Dunno ooo, na you wan receive ban abi?
Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 07, 2017
That is someone's salary o shocked

But the store could have made a mistake in printing the price. N420 sounds much more plausible
Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by SmartyPants(m): 3:13pm On Mar 07, 2017
Obviously a mistake
Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by sipsip(m): 3:14pm On Mar 07, 2017
CFCman:
That is someone's salary o shocked

But the store could have made a mistake in printing the price. N420 sounds much more plausible

I won't even buy it at N420. N400 is ok... What's the extra 20 Naira for?

1 Like

Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by ncoolsome(m): 3:18pm On Mar 07, 2017
sipsip:

if everybody is mad...then u typing on a mad issue is wat
Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by Coolgent(m): 3:18pm On Mar 07, 2017
I think na typing error, they mean 420 naira not 42k
Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by sinadrey: 3:21pm On Mar 07, 2017
I kuku cut my hand and chop it
Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by ALEGETEMITOPE(m): 3:22pm On Mar 07, 2017
Oga pls ask the person that actually buoght the fish that figure is 4,200 in grandsquare u claimed. Am not there staff but i do but stuff there.
Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by tabaski: 3:23pm On Mar 07, 2017
sipsip:
Guy u no get chill o

1 Like

Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by spayor(m): 3:28pm On Mar 07, 2017
sipsip:
....hahahahahahahahahhahaha
Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by Yteflon(m): 3:31pm On Mar 07, 2017
sipsip:
u lit man cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 07, 2017
They meant to write "N450.00" grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by egorov(m): 3:33pm On Mar 07, 2017
My guess is the machine printing the price tag made a mistake by omitting a dot. 420.00 not 42000
Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by Yteflon(m): 3:34pm On Mar 07, 2017
ip2121918021:
Even if i smoke everything here

and I drink everything here

and I access all the information(s) here

and I do this 101010100x101010100 times

I no go buy am 5h angry

Even this monkey no go buy am 5H

even cat wey like fish no gree

all this people
Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by IBreakRules: 3:35pm On Mar 07, 2017
kidman96:

lol. perhaps its N42:00
Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by amiibaby(f): 3:38pm On Mar 07, 2017
Lol
Skelewu:

Amiinwa! wink
Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by Bwoodlt: 3:40pm On Mar 07, 2017
Typo most definitely. I believe it should be 420.00. The software applying the label must have used regular expression or similar to remove characters like '.#/\"' e.t.c.
Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by Epilsantoh: 3:42pm On Mar 07, 2017
that 42000 must have been in kobo which is 420 naira
Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by thinkmoney(m): 3:42pm On Mar 07, 2017
Let's say by accident I got to buy this fish, I no go fit swallow am o if I dey eat am
Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by Lnxxxxx(m): 3:45pm On Mar 07, 2017
Can't people read/observe before commenting?

Look at the picture very well it's not naira. The abbreviation is "R" even the price rate is "R/kg".

I don't believe this picture was taken in Nigeria

@op kindly confirm where you got this from

1 Like

Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by samsam2019: 3:46pm On Mar 07, 2017
I'm sure it's a mistake on the price tag
Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by Omonigeriarere: 3:55pm On Mar 07, 2017
sipsip:

It is human error: the operator typed 42k instead of 4,200.
Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 07, 2017
I rushed into thread hoping to see a whale....
Re: A Piece Of Fish Sold For N42,000 At Lagos Supermarket Shocks Man (Photos) by sisisioge: 3:59pm On Mar 07, 2017
Error of original entry grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If I Can Do This, Do I Still Need A Girlfriend? (photos) / See The N200 Onions I Bought This Evening In Port Harcourt / Hugely Successful Hunting Expedition At Olori Near Oyo Town And Odo Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.