Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

DHS Head: Trump Has Convincing Wiretap Proof - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / DHS Head: Trump Has Convincing Wiretap Proof (533 Views)

Trump Again Denied Knowing Parnas. So Parnas' Lawyer Posted More Robust Proof / Hilarious: Trump Jokes With Wiretap Veteran Angela Merkel / US Presidency:immigration Advocates Denounce DHS Plan To Implement Trump Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DHS Head: Trump Has Convincing Wiretap Proof by lightblazingnow(m): 3:49pm On Mar 07, 2017
DHS head: Trump has ‘convincing’ wiretap proof

Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly says President Trump possesses credible evidence that former President Barack Obama ordered the wiretapping of Trump Tower in New York City last year.

Trump claimed on Twitter last Saturday that Obama had his “wires tapped” in Trump Tower before Election Day last year, making the accusation without offering any evidence.

“If the president of the United States said that, he’s got his reasons to say it,” Kelly said Mondayon CNN’s “The Situation Room." "[Trump’s] got some convincing evidence that that took place.”

Kelly admitted he had learned about Trump’s claims from watching CNN, adding he would not guess why the Obama administration might have wiretapped a 2016 presidential candidate.

“I don’t know anything about it other when I was sitting off-studio here watching CNN,” he told host Wolf Blitzer.

“I don’t pretend to even guess what the motivation may have been for the previous administration to do something like that,” the retired Marine Corps general added.

“Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my ‘wires tapped’ in Trump Tower just before the victory,” Trump tweeted. "Nothing foundf. This is McCarthyism!”

“How low has President Obama gone to tap [sic] my phones during the very sacred election process,” Trump added in a follow-up tweet. "This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!”

Kevin Lewis, a spokesman for Obama, said last Saturday that Trump’s claims about the former president are “simply false.”

“A cardinal rule of the Obama Administration was that no White House official ever interfered with any independent investigation led by the Department of Justice,” he said in a statement.

"As part of that practice, neither President Obama nor any White House official ever ordered surveillance on any U.S. citizen.”

White House spokesman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Sunday an investigation of Trump’s wiretapping claims should be included in any probe of ties between the president’s 2016 bid and Russia.

FBI director James Comey asked the Department of Justice to disavow Trump's claims that Obama ordered a wiretap, according to a New York Times report.

Re: DHS Head: Trump Has Convincing Wiretap Proof by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 07, 2017
As useless as Obama
Re: DHS Head: Trump Has Convincing Wiretap Proof by Lucasbalo(m): 7:40pm On Mar 07, 2017
Keneking:
As useless as Obama
If Obama is useless, what are you?. Why don't you name one person in your lineage that can polish Obama's shoes ?. Typical never do well Nigerian denigrating Obama who is a very accomplished man by all measuring scales.
Re: DHS Head: Trump Has Convincing Wiretap Proof by SalamRushdie: 9:03pm On Mar 07, 2017
Obama definitely an offspring of Satan himself ..Never trusted that dude for once because I could sense something dark around him alll the time .... İn less than 48 months he will meet a final Disgrace that would send him back to evil dumpster he came from
Re: DHS Head: Trump Has Convincing Wiretap Proof by Lucasbalo(m): 1:31am On Mar 08, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Obama definitely an offspring of Satan himself ..Never trusted that dude for once because I could sense something dark around him alll the time .... İn less than 48 months he will meet a final Disgrace that would send him back to evil dumpster he came from
You are still on your Obama hatred rant. I like you and sure don't want you to come down with a blood pressure.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

South Africa: Zuma Calls For Resignation / Donald Trump Withdraws US From Paris Climate Deal / Eight Countries With Their Unique Laws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.