Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot (46269 Views)

Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport / Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot / Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 07, 2017
#proud.

1 Like

Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 07, 2017
GloriaSabipeepz:
Puregivers.com pays within 5 hours
all this ponzi scheme don finish my money, get the fück outta here

2 Likes

Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by Katyusha(m): 6:32pm On Mar 07, 2017
VastfinderBlog:

Captain Chinyere Kalu was born in 1970. She is the first female pilot in Nigeria. A woman grew up in a very supportive big family. She decided to begin her career in Aviation because of her adventurous aunt. Her aunt was well famous for traveling abroad a lot of times. They had the matriarch in their family, so her aunt approved Chinyere’s decision and so a lady began her career into aviation.

The first female Nigerian pilot is Chinyere Kalu, who studied in Anglican Girls Grammar School, which is in Yaba, in Lagos. Then she was trained as a Commercial and Private Pilot. She also took a few aviation courses in Zaria, UK, and the USA.

Chinyere Kalu always wanted to travel the world and have an adventurous lifestyle. So she decided to take up the truly male dominated and very difficult career in order to become the first female pilot in Nigeria.

Nigeria first female fighter pilot is married to Mr. Okoli Kali and has children. 6 years ago President Goodluck Jonathan proclaimed her the Chief Executive and Rector of Nigerian College of Aviation Technology (which is mostly known as NCAT) - which is the biggest aviation training institute in the whole continent.

Before that, Chinyere Kalu was leading the College’s Flying School. There Chinyere Kalu worked as a contractual instructor.

Source: https://vastfinder..com/2017/03/captain-chinyere-kalu-meet-first.html

She is not a "fighter pilot"...You this bloggers ehn..

1 Like

Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by nextstep(m): 6:36pm On Mar 07, 2017
Chikelue2000:
An inspiration to all especially ladies

Dis generation is so different from past generations walahi. All we do now is FTC n pix posting

Said the FTC of this particular thread grin wink
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by Karlman: 6:41pm On Mar 07, 2017
OP mend the soul of your syntax.

1 Like

Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by teamchocolate: 6:41pm On Mar 07, 2017
You mean a Biafra using Nigeria's resources to achieve her dreams

Intellect20:
I knew she must be a Biafrran!
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by Emycord: 6:43pm On Mar 07, 2017
Point of correction op she is biafran

2 Likes

Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by oshiiteoku: 6:45pm On Mar 07, 2017
the woman fine no be small

2 Likes

Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by Duru009(m): 6:47pm On Mar 07, 2017
Igbos making Nigeria proud globally......

2 Likes

Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 07, 2017
Odegwu097:
[color=#006600][/color] grin Biafrans are not supposed to be African, they supposed to be Americans, they very industrious and positive minded people. I think I will study their origin.

American again. Aren't you Jews

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by EmekaBlue(m): 6:53pm On Mar 07, 2017
LaEvilIMiss:

I would have thought there would be literarily hundreds of female biafran pilots out there
Not yet...But there will be in d future

1 Like

Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by klax(m): 6:59pm On Mar 07, 2017
Big lie she is not the first female pilot so modify your bleep post.

3 Likes

Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by klax(m): 7:01pm On Mar 07, 2017
folarinmiles:

American again. Aren't you Jews

Don't mind the idiot!!

Not American its Yoguslavia or Sri Lanka. From jews to Uganda and from Uganda now to America from America to Zambia or Aboriginal.

1 Like

Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 07, 2017
Kobicove:
I don't believe this lady is the first Nigerian female pilot...

There was another lady before her undecided
I thought as much oooo........i read on Nairaland that she(First female Nigerian pilot)was killed by people she employed

2 Likes

Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 07, 2017
Kobicove:

yes. the first female pilot was murdered by her gateman in 1998. im not sure she made captain before her death

2 Likes

Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by klax(m): 7:05pm On Mar 07, 2017
SAVEDBABA:
I thought as much oooo........i read on Nairaland that she(First female Nigerian pilot)was killed by people she employed and put in septic tank.

You are correct. God bless don't mind my so called confused jews my people always seeking attention.

4 Likes

Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by Rayd502(m): 7:06pm On Mar 07, 2017
There's one female pilot,the late Captain Hadiza Oboh.She was murdered in 1998 by her domestic staff. She's reputed to be the first female pilot with the defunct Nigeria Airways...Lets be sure of the fact.

1 Like

Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by MMMscam: 7:08pm On Mar 07, 2017
VastfinderBlog:

Nigeria first female fighter pilot

She's the first Nigerian female commercial pilot and not the first Nigerian female combat pilot (armed forces) - BIG difference!

The first female combat pilot is a hausa girl; the first female Nigerian airways pilot is a hausa girl; the first female helicopter pilot is a Yoruba girl. So nothing spectacular here. The tribe factor doesn't come into play. Rather, it was just a matter of OPPORTUNITY in these cases.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by MMMscam: 7:15pm On Mar 07, 2017
oshiiteoku:
the woman fine no be small

Fine?
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by CaptainBlaise(m): 7:15pm On Mar 07, 2017
Kobicove:

Please enlighten us. What's her name?
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by CaptainBlaise(m): 7:18pm On Mar 07, 2017
Kobicove:

Please enlighten us.. What's her name?

1 Like

Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by MMMscam: 7:19pm On Mar 07, 2017
careytommy7:

yes. the first female pilot was murdered by her gateman in 1998. im not sure she made captain before her death

Wrong! That was captain Hadiza, and she was the first female Nigerian airways pilot, not the first commercial pilot. It was notable being that Nigerian airways was the national airline at the time. Captain Chinyere Kalu is undoubtedly and inarguably the first female commercial pilot in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by MMMscam: 7:22pm On Mar 07, 2017
klax:
Big lie she is not the first female pilot so modify your bleep post.

It's absolutely true! She's the first female commercial pilot. And tribe aside, she's also a wonderful woman that deserves to be celebrated. She earned it! A true remarkable female role model, not like all those useless Gifty and co that our decadent society continues to promote in the media.
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by danjalingo: 7:22pm On Mar 07, 2017
is she the same person as Chinyere Onyenucheya?
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by SweetyZinta(f): 7:23pm On Mar 07, 2017
Sacluxpaint:
Correct me if I am wrong,but is she truly the first?

first Igbo female pilot but not Nigeria's first female.

every year they usually come up with this news.

1 Like

Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by MMMscam: 7:29pm On Mar 07, 2017
SweetyZinta:

first Igbo female pilot [s]but not Nigeria's first female.

every year they usually come up with this news.[/s]

Wrong! She's the first female Nigerian pilot (commercial). And also the first igbo if that's also considered.
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by MMMscam: 7:32pm On Mar 07, 2017
careytommy7:

[s]yes. the first female pilot was murdered by her gateman in 1998. im not sure she made captain before her death[/s]

Nonsense undecided. That was Hadiza, she was a captain and she was not the first female pilot in Nigeria.
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by mikaelzX(m): 7:35pm On Mar 07, 2017
ernesty20:
Igbo woman doing it big
She is Igbo wow, you guys must be the greatest people on earth.
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by keyanZuzer: 7:35pm On Mar 07, 2017
Intellect20:

In Biafraa, women are treated like men and posses just as equal rights! Not the same in Arewa and Oduwanikistan!
Must you be tribalistic in everything? Guess what?
first female Professor In Nigeria is an afonja, Elizabeth Abimbola Awoliyi was the first female physician in Nigeria, Chief ‘Folake Solanke (SAN) is the first female Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Dr. Abimbola Ayodeji Abolarinwa is first female Urologist, Captain Abimbola Jayeola (Captain AB) is N igeria’s First Female Helicopter Captain, Mo Abudu She is the first woman in Africa to launch a pan African TV and so many other females from other tribes. So what was your point?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by samstradam: 7:36pm On Mar 07, 2017
The OP is the cause of all this confusion.
He should correct her birth date which clearly seems to be wrong.
Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 07, 2017
ernesty20:
Igbo woman doing it big

Una don start this Igbo things again?

She's a NIGERIAN biko.

Btw, Hadiza who was murdered in 1998 was actually the First Female to pilot an aircraft in Nigeria.
She conquered the sky when the defunct Nigerian Airways was still in operations in the early 80s

http://www.informationng.com/2015/06/the-tragic-story-of-captain-hadiza-lantana-oboh-nigeria-airways-first-only-female-pilot.html

1 Like

Re: Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot by Kdiva(f): 7:36pm On Mar 07, 2017
Thought the first female pilot was hadiza lantanah , the one that was murdered in 1998 or so

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Before And After Pictures Of Ebute-Metta Train Station / Old Ojo Road, Lagos New Sin City: Residents Lament As Brothels Take Over / Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.