Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,877 members, 7,841,290 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging (46990 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Anoints Premises Of Dominion University Ibadan / Technical University Ibadan: Oyo State-Owned Varsity To Begin Operation January / Technical University, Ibadan Built By Central Bank (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by dominique(f): 9:01am On Mar 09, 2017
What he did was voluntary manslaughter not premeditated murder, he should have been given 15-20 years max. I feel for his parents sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by ganie(m): 9:02am On Mar 09, 2017
Since 2014,Nigeria's judicial system... Smh.
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by Dongreat(m): 9:03am On Mar 09, 2017
happney65:

Bros,Are you a Cultist?Lol

Only children goes into cultism and that include grown up men or leaders. It takes one to be baby minded to think he wields ultimate power when we are nothing but flesh and ashes. So no, not a cultist.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by ydairykiddnow: 9:04am On Mar 09, 2017
misscrystals:
lord have mercy... U tell them cultism nor dey pay dem no hear nw look what u ve done to urself and ur family

Lol not every violence is cult related..people should generally learn to tolerate each others differences,control your anger,stay away from compromising situations and avoid them altogether.. I now some young frat boys who graduated after i did but when dey invited me to the uni town that period i was shocked..they changed the game like i always preached "if you are not making money or making moves to then you are in the wrong crowd" and till now its still the same. Not that i am encouraging frat or any association...its a matter of choice but the painful truth is that.. violence can be curbed frat can't even if the Govt kills 10 members from each uni each day for no reason thousands more will get initiated the same night.

Violence doesn't pay..Get money Any how u can but without violence on anyone grin
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by Nature8(m): 9:19am On Mar 09, 2017
Nawa oo
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by rolams(m): 9:19am On Mar 09, 2017
Minus one to his family! Them no dey hear, see what you brought upon yourself. U no fit die well, am sure! Say no to cultism and let us make life sweetable for everyone to live!
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by rolams(m): 9:20am On Mar 09, 2017
Minus one to his family! Them no dey hear, see what you brought upon yourself. U no fit die well, am sure! Say no to violence, cultism and let us make life sweetable for everyone to live!
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by chiraqDemon(m): 9:40am On Mar 09, 2017
misscrystals:
lord have mercy... U tell them cultism nor dey pay dem no hear nw look what u ve done to urself and ur family
But guy come what is ur problem with gangsters
Abi na only gangster de stab person?
Two ppl gwt misunderstanding one stab d other mean say na gang issue
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by hedonistic: 9:42am On Mar 09, 2017
kingphilip:
Just a little moment of fury is taking two people to their grave

I wonder how and why people get angry because of little things.. It takes nothing to let things slide no matter how grievous it may look

It's better to let it slide and look weak among people rather than acting in moments of anger and regret later

Nigerians it's time to let things slide when it doesn't directly injure you and leave immediately when you see things beginning to get heated

It takes less than a minute to have a forever had-I-known

Great, great words of wisdom.

It's very difficult to control one's angry impulses, especially in situations that take you unawares, but one MUST consciously work towards the lofty goal of always letting things slide and walking away when things are getting heated. It's a critically important life skill. It can save one from a million unfortunate consequences.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by 2016v2017: 10:00am On Mar 09, 2017
misscrystals:
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by rebirthkennedy: 10:01am On Mar 09, 2017
Crime doesn't pay
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by 2016v2017: 10:01am On Mar 09, 2017
kingphilip:
Just a little moment of fury is taking two people to their grave

I wonder how and why people get angry because of little things.. It takes nothing to let things slide no matter how grievous it may look

It's better to let it slide and look weak among people rather than acting in moments of anger and regret later

Nigerians it's time to let things slide when it doesn't directly injure you and leave immediately when you see things beginning to get heated

It takes less than a minute to have a forever had-I-known
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by Bullhari: 10:10am On Mar 09, 2017
NCAN London based president arrives... moves around..... checks names.....
names identified... brown roofs ti take over... enters plane... moves back to London
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by kingthreat(m): 10:42am On Mar 09, 2017
Must you fight with weapons?
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by Austin4lif: 10:48am On Mar 09, 2017
Very bad news but the guy can get a good lawyer and appeal his death sentence.
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by 10d0ve(m): 11:52am On Mar 09, 2017
ademilan:
Before we find world peace, we gotta find a end to d war on the streets. 2pac
RIP my dawg flabush a.k.a walking google. All dawgs to go heaven. You was in ur final year, d only child, we weren't dt close buh it was all luv. We usta hang out in all of dem joints buh u never compromised ur studies. U was a genius. And to u "essential", v never been a strong supporter of "an eye for an eye" buh I pray God forgive u. I hope u find peace. The things we go thru in school, d wrong choices we make, most of us are just lucky to b here. So, who am I to judge u?? Who are we to say who lives and die?? Can't explain a mother's pain when her son drops. Not to talk of loosing ur only child. I hope flabush's mum is fine now and I pray his family is fine. Sleep on hommie. D good die young. Rest in peace to every genius that never made it.
mean! Seun was a real G! Hope Essential finds peace just like you said #wastedtalent

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by Ferdinandu(m): 12:44pm On Mar 09, 2017
I thought it is pre meditated murder that is supposed to carry death sentence. Nigerian Judges can't just be handing out death sentences anyhow. Why not long jail sentence, that should be enough sentence. I feel for the family that lost their loved one but the guy is still an adult Teenager, the action was taken out of anger of the moment.
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 09, 2017
ociboy:
Just like that? short temper has landed in No 6, feet road by hell junction...
I gbadun you
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by hedonistic: 6:00pm On Mar 09, 2017
10d0ve:
mean! Seun was a real G! Hope Essential finds peace just like you said #wastedtalent

Can you narrate what happened on the day of the incident, since you probably know the full story?
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by 10d0ve(m): 7:04pm On Mar 09, 2017
hedonistic:

Can you narrate what happened on the day of the incident, since you probably know the full story?
They both went out early morning for a smoke, it was on a Sunday if I remember correctly, they had an argument,he broke a bottle n stabbed his victim
... were you an LCU student?
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by harrylordson(m): 8:55am On Mar 10, 2017
10d0ve:
They both went out early morning for a smoke, it was on a Sunday if I remember correctly, they had an argument,he broke a bottle n stabbed his victim
... were you an LCU student?

So obviously it wasn't premeditated or cult related, becos an argument had to break out before he went berserk, and depending on the kinda smoke which is most likely kush, must have also altered his reasoning.

Since it was a Sunday, they were both probably hostelites, but going all the way to Toll-Gate or Obat just for a smoke...except they have totally banned smoking in Zanga hostel or on the field, lack of immediate first aid and medical treatment which would have been available in LCU clinic might also have attributed to his death.

R.I.P Bruh...May u find comfort and solace in the bosom of the Lord Amen. And i pray the Lord gives your parents the strength, guidance, mercies and grace to move on and accept that God willed it, I know u are surely missed Til' we all meet and depart no more...
Re: Court Sentences Student Of Lead City University, Ibadan, To Death By Hanging by Radiohead6(f): 12:35pm On Mar 11, 2017
kalindaminda:
Hanging in 2017.
I thought only me noticed , all comments are like 'serves him right' , na wa oh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Deborah Okezie: ‘My Life In Danger’ – Mother Of Deeper Life Schoolboy / Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know / List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.