Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA (4555 Views)

See Current Zimbabwean President Tweet, As Mugabe Dies At 95 (pixs) / President Mugabe Sleeping During Donald Trump's UN Speech (Photo) / “If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by mcgaius: 12:42pm On Mar 09, 2017
BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93Daily Buzz SA

The longest serving President of the Zimbabwe, Robert Gabriel Mugabe is reportedly dead, Daily Buzz SA can reveal.

Last night, it appeared that the Zimbabwean Godfather, Robert Gabriel Mugabe died after all frantic efforts to wake him up proved futile.

An autopsy will fully confirm the cause of death, but the best guess at the moment is a massive prostate cancer which he had been battling for a while now.

State officials have not yet released the name of his immediate heir but from the look of things his wife could probably assume his position temporary before proper arrangements are made.

He left behind four children,namely; Bona Mugabe, Robert Peter Mugabe Jr., Chatunga Bellarmine Mugabe, Michael Nhamodzenyika Mugabe and surviving spouse,Grace Mugabe.

Robert Gabriel Mugabe born 21 February 1924 was the longest serving President of Zimbabwe, serving since 22 December 1987.

As one of the leaders of the rebel groups in opposition to white minority rule, he was elected Prime Minister in 1980, serving in that office as head of the government, until 1987, when he became the country’s first executive head of state.

He had led the Zimbabwe African National Union – Patriotic Front (ZANU–PF) since 1975.

As of August 2016, he was the world’s oldest and one of the longest serving Head of State.

His 36-year rule has been characterised by gross human rights violations, resulting in him joining the world list of dictators.

Mugabe rose to prominence in the 1960s as the leader of the Zimbabwe African National Union (ZANU) during the conflict against the conservative white-minority government of Rhodesia.

Mugabe was a political prisoner in Rhodesia for more than 10 years between 1964 and 1974.

Upon release Mugabe, along with Edgar Tekere, immediately left Rhodesia with the assistance of Rekayi Tangwena in 1975 to launch the fight during the Rhodesian Bush War from bases in Mozambique.

At the end of the war in 1979, Mugabe emerged as a hero in the minds of many Africans.

He won the general elections of 1980 after calling for reconciliation between the former belligerents, including white Zimbabweans and rival political parties, and thereby became Prime Minister on Zimbabwe’s independence in April 1980.

May his soul rest in perfect peace

BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93Daily Buzz SA | Daily Buzz SA
http://www.dailybuzzsa.co.za/president-mugabe-dies/
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 12:43pm On Mar 09, 2017
when we go receive this kind news for naija undecided

Nigeria is next to receive the news

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by sarrki(m): 12:45pm On Mar 09, 2017
When your flow meter starts working

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by FiftyFifty(m): 12:46pm On Mar 09, 2017
[quote author=CROWNWEALTH019 post=54419320]when we go receive this kind news for naija undecided

When u grow up.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by ourema(f): 12:47pm On Mar 09, 2017
He should have stayed and contest another election and win. Useless African leaders with rule until death. There will be power tussle in Zimbabwe now
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by momentarylapse: 12:49pm On Mar 09, 2017
Which kind nonsense lie be this again na? undecided

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by TheFreeOne: 12:49pm On Mar 09, 2017
If true then a 'legend' is gone.

I bet those white minorities will be saying good riddance now. cheesy

However he came he saw and he conquered with his head raised high in defiance of white imperialists across the globe.

He's got his flaws but he's a bold/fearless African with a difference.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by profhezekiah: 12:50pm On Mar 09, 2017
That man don bite d dust
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by muykem: 12:50pm On Mar 09, 2017
How I wish this news is true.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by saintikechi(m): 12:50pm On Mar 09, 2017
what is good for Zimbabweans is good for Nigerians. R.I.P in advance.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by DLondonboiy: 12:50pm On Mar 09, 2017
He corpse would continue to rule na
Mtcheew

Our own vegetable nko?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by GlorifiedTunde(m): 12:53pm On Mar 09, 2017
I can't believe this angry
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by Jabioro: 12:56pm On Mar 09, 2017
His wife told her citizens that Robert has no one to hand over to and I assured him that he would handover to death.. it has been confirmed.. next?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by nwabobo: 12:57pm On Mar 09, 2017
Jabioro:
His wife told her citizens that Robert has no one to hand over to and I assured him that he would handover to death.. it has been confirmed.. next?

Na you confirm am?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by angeltolly(f): 12:57pm On Mar 09, 2017
Hmmm......His wife will continue his reign from where he stopped now

Some peeps will start buying and selling Aso Ebi for his burial now in Nigeria. I trust my people.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by thesicilian: 12:58pm On Mar 09, 2017
Mugabe is alive. Stop this bold faced lie please!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by Jabioro: 12:59pm On Mar 09, 2017
nwabobo:

Na you confirm am?
My prediction
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by oladipo322(m): 1:01pm On Mar 09, 2017
how true is this news please?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by timecapsule: 1:02pm On Mar 09, 2017
A LEGEND IS GONE!!!!

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by lytech1(m): 1:03pm On Mar 09, 2017
Thought this man said his people want him to contest for another term in office......

Now no more...

This God is truely the almighty God.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by Emycord: 1:06pm On Mar 09, 2017
Let them give me contract of his campaine posters my services are cheap and affordable
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by Homeboiy: 1:08pm On Mar 09, 2017
The great man is gone
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by policy12: 1:24pm On Mar 09, 2017
If this is true then R. I. P
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by Samuel517: 1:29pm On Mar 09, 2017
Congrats to my VIP members and the new participants who won with me on my yesterday Wednesday soccer fixed games from my European source, I appreciate your warmth praises. If interested to partake in the available Friday games of 167 odds, CALL or WHATSAPP me at +2348165621766.

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by oseka101(m): 1:30pm On Mar 09, 2017
Finally grin grin. No more stupid proverbs
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by LordOfNaira: 1:42pm On Mar 09, 2017
He is alive. I just arrived Nigeria from Zimbabwe!!!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by funstufz: 2:43pm On Mar 09, 2017
If that is true, how did you came about the figures and how often do you win.

Must it be N3,500 alway to win N600K+ a

How regular?

Thank

AT op, sorry for this little digression...thanks

Samuel517:
Congrats to my VIP members and the new participants who won with me on my yesterday Wednesday soccer fixed games from my European source, I appreciate your warmth praises. If interested to partake in the available Friday games of 167 odds, CALL or WHATSAPP me at +2348165621766.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by eightsin(m): 3:57pm On Mar 09, 2017
How true
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA by walemoney007(m): 10:59pm On Mar 09, 2017
front page things
oya lalalasticala abi wetin dem dey xall am,con do your work

(1) (Reply)

Kabul Airport: Before And After The Explosion - (viewer's Discretion Advised) / Can Someone Pls Explain To Me What This Man Did Before The Westerner Killed Him / Thai Soldier Live-Streams, Took Selfie After Killing 20 In A Shopping Mall(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.