Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) (20328 Views)

Kassim Afegbua Turns Himself In At Police Headquarters (Photos) / Ibe Kachikwu Visits Exxonmobil Headquarters (Photos) / Wike Leads Protest To Police Headquarters, Demands Redeployment Of SARS Fakorade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by moscobabs(m): 11:47am On May 08, 2017
yinmu...this is even good

go to kotoko barrack,44 barrack or artillery barrack in kaduna or odogbo Barrack ibadan lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by idsamoo(m): 11:48am On May 08, 2017
Oluwaseydex:
I was passing through the police barracks at Eleweran,Ogun State this afternoon when I saw this dilapitated builfings.This buildings needs urgent renovation.
its human being that are living in it not animals.Fg should do something fast
Call a spade a spade.. .the environment is so dirty..,is it fg that will do that too., they lIve in free house, collect salary and none of them could even paint each of their apartment.. it's too common for Nigerians to depend on gov and irresponsible when they are enjoying anytin free.

2 Likes

Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by andyanders: 11:49am On May 08, 2017
What are their senior officers doing with the money allocated to the Police Force?

With the way these officers live, why wouldn't they kill in order to be alive? How can one live under this condition and you expect him to protect life and properties? How can they live under this condition and we expect them to be 'Our Friend'slogan? Too bad.

I have been against police brutality but with what I am seeing now, I pity the guys and now see reasons why they can kill those they are protecting. Even your dog that you own can kill you if you allow them to be hungry.

The IG and the Federal Government should see to the welfare of the police and stop the lip service. Build and maintain their environment where these officers who are sent to fight armed robbers. How do we expect them to live in an environment like this and now expect them not to be provoked with the slightest confrontation? They can kill anybody or extort money from even armed robbers and allow them go. Why must you not expect them not to rob those they are expected to protect. It is high time that the government look into the Police officers case and rehabilitate them in order for us to have a better police force.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by omoiyalayi(m): 11:54am On May 08, 2017
Imagine

You can imagine the psychology of anyone living in that kind of building. Not to talk of the person been a policeman I mean law enforcement officers

We don't take care of our police in this country and we expect best from them.
Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by Nobody: 11:54am On May 08, 2017
I dey observe...

Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by idfact0404(m): 11:55am On May 08, 2017
How can person lived inside of building like dis and behave normal cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by Nobody: 11:55am On May 08, 2017
Is even worse in the Barack how can their moral be high with such poor outfits and welfare? no wonder they make up for this by forcefully taking bribe and engaging in unprofessional behavior, an institution so neglected by the fg and corruption is the order of the day
Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by Nobody: 11:57am On May 08, 2017
Pavore9:
Nigerian Police barracks share that across the country.
Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by enny008: 11:57am On May 08, 2017
There is fire on the mountain, occupants pls Run.
Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by woodmood: 11:58am On May 08, 2017
Thisis2raw:
And who is the chief security officer of that state again?

asssuming you are the CSO of the state, what is your role and duty concerning this?
pls enlighten us.
Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by Originalsly: 12:07pm On May 08, 2017
Oluwaseydex:

its human being that are living in it not animals.
I'm confused.... you said Police live here .... now you're saying is humans live here ...and not animals. Who really live here....humans?....or animals Police?
Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by Thisis2raw(m): 12:09pm On May 08, 2017
woodmood:

asssuming you are the CSO of the state, what is your role and duty concerning this?
pls enlighten us.
immediate repair
Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by Evicsholar(f): 12:09pm On May 08, 2017
OP thank you for this. I have also thought of sharing this when next I visit the area. It is even looking better in pictures
Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by ephi123(f): 12:18pm On May 08, 2017
A pigsty probably looks better.

No wonder they are always harassing citizens. Who will live in this kind of environment and not be on "Anger mode" perpetually?

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by DJInfluence: 1:25pm On May 08, 2017
No wonder the policemen/women dey look and behave anyhow just like the place they live and call home.

But seriously, what will it cost the police force to maintain their own buildings? And most if not all of these buildings are from the 70´s and 80´s. Does the officers pay rents? If yes, what is the money used for if the buildings can´t even be maintain. The police colleges are also in terrible state.

The song "Which way Nigeria" comes to mind here..... embarassed
Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by Oluwaseydex(m): 2:01pm On May 08, 2017
Thanks to seun and lalasticlacla for moving to FP.God bless
Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by Oluwaseydex(m): 2:03pm On May 08, 2017
Evicsholar:
OP thank you for this. I have also thought of sharing this when next I visit the area. It is even looking better in pictures
You are welcome

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by HughJazz(m): 2:53pm On May 08, 2017
One of the reasons police should be given to the states. No more need to barracks like this . Police can just live close to work .

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 08, 2017
Explorers:
Don't get it why they live like this, its like that nation wide.

Give them a new building and it will turn to this in 5yrs.

Give them a new patrol truck, car, Hilux and check it a year later.

Even their guns, uniform and boots.

I dont understand.
As in ehn.. . grin

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by Nuvalga85(m): 4:36pm On May 08, 2017
The most corruptible organization in Nigeria.
Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by logica(m): 4:39pm On May 08, 2017
Freewoman:
what happen here? the building only need paint
...where do you live?
Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by logica(m): 4:43pm On May 08, 2017
DJInfluence:

But seriously, what will it cost the police force to maintain their own buildings?
Ask their ogas. If the current oga can do this:

https://guardian.ng/news/reps-summon-ig-over-alleged-diversion-of-n7-2b-police-fund/

Just image what had been going on.
Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by DJInfluence: 4:47pm On May 08, 2017
logica:
Ask their ogas. If the current oga can do this:

https://guardian.ng/news/reps-summon-ig-over-alleged-diversion-of-n7-2b-police-fund/

Just image what had been going on.
Oh my oh my.... At the end of the day, he will get a slap on the wrist and it will be busines as usual. Corruption in Nigeria is like Hydra. You cut one head another will grow to take it place.
Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by Blue3k2: 5:06pm On May 08, 2017
What are they doing with funds allocated to them? Every police stations is dusty and decrepit. They don't even sweep up the place.
Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by logica(m): 5:21pm On May 08, 2017
DJInfluence:
Oh my oh my.... At the end of the day, he will get a slap on the wrist and it will be busines as usual. Corruption in Nigeria is like Hydra. You cut one head another will grow to take it place.
They always see their promotion into oga capacity as a signal to cash in on their "pension". His own ogas did same, and he is doing same. So will the next. And the police stations and quarters will continue to crumble while oga after oga retire as billionaires.
Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by Adeoba10(m): 7:19pm On May 08, 2017
Oluwaseydex:
I was passing through the police barracks at Eleweran,Ogun State this afternoon when I saw this dilapitated builfings.This buildings needs urgent renovation.
its human being that are living in it not animals.Fg should do something fast
Hey where are you, i stay at Unity Estate n U?
Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by ebby9z(m): 7:55pm On May 08, 2017
All these things go a long way in helping to revamp our police force. Their offices are run down shanties with no presence of modern office equipment. Their living quarters are like Awo Block 5 in OAU, their vans are rickety, their guns dusty and run down and you exist them to be civil and polite?
Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by Momoh7(m): 10:49pm On May 08, 2017
if buhari come back from vacation we go discuss does issues
Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by mikolo80: 11:27pm On May 08, 2017
Explorers:
Don't get it why they live like this, its like that nation wide.

Give them a new building and it will turn to this in 5yrs.

Give them a new patrol truck, car, Hilux and check it a year later.

Even their guns, uniform and boots.

I dont understand.
because their oga doesn't have maintenance culture
Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by sshalom(m): 11:30pm On May 08, 2017
Simply pathetic!
Re: Dilapidated Buildings At Ogun Police Headquarters (Photos) by Ogurube: 7:52am On May 09, 2017
Tufiakwa!!! No wonder police eyes dey red. See the yeye squalid quarters way dem put dem.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 PDP Governors In Closed-Door Meeting With Mimiko / David Hundeyin: EndSARS Activists Are Becoming Too Proud & Ambitious / Gov. Diri Orders Arrest Of APC Secretary In Bayelsa, Keyamo Demands Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.