Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds (35031 Views)

Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search / Dora Akunyili's Daughter's Artwork Sells For N1.2bn / Art By Nigerian-born Njideka Akunyili Crosby Auctions For Record $1.1m Auction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by okonja(m): 10:29am On Mar 11, 2017
Cool money cool...while some of our lazy brother are busy yearning for national cake as if it's their birthright undecided
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by lonelydora: 10:29am On Mar 11, 2017
Chisos! Can I get the fake version in traffic holdup? Somebody please convert to naira
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by seunlly(m): 10:30am On Mar 11, 2017
Amazing
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by DirewolfofStark(m): 10:30am On Mar 11, 2017
Dat9jakid:
it's cause of this type of questions that makes artist beg for food in 9ja, out there, people worship art and some actually see take artist as Demi gods, Nigerians should learn to appreciate art. ... I think it's worth it, good work

I didn't say that I don't like it. I only said that I didn't think it was worth 2.5 million pounds.
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by Doug07034780891(m): 10:31am On Mar 11, 2017
Anambra people are too much. cool
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by Emekus102: 10:32am On Mar 11, 2017
if them sell this act , for me 50 thousands naira, I no buy, .......(not that I did not appreciate the The act work)....
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by Lordsocrates: 10:35am On Mar 11, 2017
Her mom fought and served Nigeria till her dying day, and you haters. Scumbags with no life, are just looking for what to bite on.
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 11, 2017
DirewolfofStark:

I didn't say that I don't like it. I only said that I didn't think it was worth 2.5 million pounds.
what if it was sold at an auction?? do you know you can sell a pencil for that amount at an auction, to me, it's beautiful, and it's worth it...

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by shamecurls(m): 10:38am On Mar 11, 2017
kygo:
president that cannot die for his country..
is that one president?

You need to start eating well! Good food I mean.
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by emmyblow: 10:39am On Mar 11, 2017
What a great creative ,only God so inspiration. Keep going baby girl
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by stasius: 10:45am On Mar 11, 2017
DirewolfofStark:

Because you are in Nigeria.
Go outside the shores of this country and know the worth of artworks!
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by apatheticme(f): 10:46am On Mar 11, 2017
shamecurls:

When?

Be rest assured not in the next 6 decades.
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 11, 2017
arsenal33:
If they catch drug dealer You don't brag that he or she is biafran
nope, people like you would remind the rest of us where the dealer is from.

3 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by Preye1599(m): 11:04am On Mar 11, 2017
Mumu iPod
edlion57:
Biafra will b great
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 11, 2017
edlion57:
Biafra will b great

What is Biafra Please, name of person, place, or thing?
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by khalids: 11:09am On Mar 11, 2017
That makes her a billionaire in Naira equivalent.....Self-made.......
Teaching your children how to fish is the best policy, rather than storing fishes for them
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by joe4real12: 11:18am On Mar 11, 2017
Naija boyz fit go move the thing resell am.

So Buyer Beware grin
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 11, 2017
When God has sworn to bless a family!

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by edlion57(m): 12:51pm On Mar 11, 2017
Ioannes:

What is Biafra Please, name of person, place, or thing?
Biafrans are some intelligent people dat don't want to b slave to anybody
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by edlion57(m): 12:52pm On Mar 11, 2017
Preye1599:
Mumu iPod
mumu afonjas...and a slave u will always b
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 11, 2017
edlion57:
Biafrans are some intelligent people dat don't want to b slave to anybody

Oh I see. Thumbs up to them then. Nobody wants to be slaves to anybody.
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by kings09(m): 1:00pm On Mar 11, 2017
Olaolulazio no go gree cos he is blind to good deeds of Igbos
edlion57:
Biafra will b great
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by SalamRushdie: 1:00pm On Mar 11, 2017
This has sold over 5 billion naira worth of painting in 6 monnths shocked
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by 36STATES: 1:11pm On Mar 11, 2017
LordKushmann:
And that's the spirit of Biafra right there. When you're born into advantage, you utilize it creatively. Big ups to Uzodinma Iweala

So many Yorubas are into arts, but none can create something woth good money. In Nigerian arts scene, you would think it's their birth right in this country if you believe their media propaganda. All Yoruba writer put together have not sold one hundredth of Chinue Achebe's one book.
Those people should start respecting raw talent in SS/SE abeg.

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by Kwinhapi(f): 1:12pm On Mar 11, 2017
wow...I wonder wen Nigeria will get to this point of holding big art exhibitions where our talented visual artist could showcase their works and gget recognised with good money
#mytwocents
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by hopefulLandlord: 1:18pm On Mar 11, 2017
This is simply money laundering

anyone who wanna know how its done can ask me
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by Preye1599(m): 1:25pm On Mar 11, 2017
Mumu I be bayelsa
edlion57:
mumu afonjas...and a slave u will always b
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by edlion57(m): 1:28pm On Mar 11, 2017
shamecurls:

When?

Be rest assured not in the next 6 decades.
Buhari contested to be the president of Nigeria for how many times...my brother it is a matter of time
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by edlion57(m): 1:40pm On Mar 11, 2017
Preye1599:
Mumu I be bayelsa
I'm sorry for ur life
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by Preye1599(m): 1:53pm On Mar 11, 2017
I'm sorry for your destiny
edlion57:
I'm sorry for ur life
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by thwarrior72: 1:55pm On Mar 11, 2017
Preye1599:
Mumu I be bayelsa
Oh a militant?
Re: The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds by thwarrior72: 2:03pm On Mar 11, 2017
Lordsocrates:
Her mom fought and served Nigeria till her dying day, and you haters. Scumbags with no life, are just looking for what to bite on.

In case you guys are blind, the surname here is Akunyili..and in ur custom, once a person is married off he becomes the property of the husband family, which in this case is Yoruba.

She's a Nigerian..and riding on the wave of her mum who died for Nigeria..i am proud of her.
^^
Shey this person well so? Dora Akunyili is from Anambra state and married an anambbra man in the name of pro Chike Akunyili.
The late Dora would nerver have touched a yoruba man with a ten foot pole, talkless of marrying one.

Last thing an Anambra girl will do is to marry a yoruba, she would rather stay single.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Meets Talented Artist In Abuja Market. See What He Did Within 5 Minutes. / 2d Animaton Learning Thread / This Nigerian Artist’s Artworks Are So Realistic It’s Hard To Believe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.