Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,959 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Your Man/Woman of the Year 2005? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Your Man/Woman of the Year 2005? (1771 Views)

Insane Man & Woman Caught Hugging In Public. Photo. / Would You Date A Married Or Attached Man/woman? / Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Man/Woman of the Year 2005? by kenflavor(m): 2:58am On Dec 09, 2005
Who is your man/woman of the year 2005 and please give reasons why you nominate the person(s).

Man of the year Award

(1) Mallam Nuhu Ribadu (EFCC Chairman)
(2) Mallam El-Rufai (Minister of FCT)
(3) Senator Ken Nnamani (Senate President)
(4) Honourable Bello Masari (Speaker of House of Rep.)
(5) Mr Adams Oshiomole (NLC President)
(6) Prof. Charles Soludo (CBN Governor)

Woman of the year Award

(1) Prof. Dora Akunyili (NAFDAC DG)
(2) Mrs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (Minister of Finance)
(3) Mrs Obi Ezekwesili (Minister of Solid Minerals)
(4) Stella Obasanjo (MHSRP) (First Lady)
(5) Mrs Remi Oyo (Senior Special Assistant to the President)

My own nominations will come later. I got to go to bed.
Re: Your Man/Woman of the Year 2005? by Jakumo(m): 7:01am On Dec 09, 2005
Ken, the EFCC chairman, Mallam Ribadu, who is leading the first REAL war on corruption in Nigeria, should be Nigeria's "Man of the Year".

"Woman of the Year" award ought to be handed to the NAFDAC head, Dr. Dora Akunyili, who has savaged Nigeria's mass-murdering bogus pharmaceutical drug peddlers like a Rottweiler on steroids.

All the other folks on your list are just marking time, making lofty speeches and collecting their salaries, so they could easily be replaced by a bunch of anonymous John or Jane Doe's.  You obviously added Stella Obasanjo's name as a joke, as she had no discernable government function during her life.
Re: Your Man/Woman of the Year 2005? by pendelite(f): 4:35pm On Dec 09, 2005
Give both to D.S.P. ALAMIEYESEIGHA as he is both man and woman. His award will be for Global Shame
Re: Your Man/Woman of the Year 2005? by pendelite(f): 4:41pm On Dec 09, 2005
Your man/woman of the year 2005
« on: Today at 02:58:14 AM »

Who is your man/woman of the year 2005 and please give reasons why you nominate the person(s).

Where did you generate this list from, you mix the good with the truly bad, can it be because you cannot get a good list.

Men
1) Mallam Nuhu Ribadu (EFCC Chairman) Done a good job but must be seen as fair and indiscriminate
(2) Mallam El-Rufai (Minister of FCT) - London Taxi's
(3) Senator Ken Nnamani (Senate President) - For doing what?
(4) Honourable Bello Masari (Speaker of House of Rep.) - So what does he do for a living
(5) Mr Adams Oshiomole (NLC President) -Too many compromises, yet prices keep going up.....
(6) Prof. Charles Soludo (CBN Governor) - 2006 will tell

Women

(1) Prof. Dora Akunyili (NAFDAC DG) - Probable Presidential candidate
(2) Mrs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (Minister of Finance) - Another presidential candidate
(3) Mrs Obi Ezekwesili (Minister of Solid Minerals) - Another Presidential candidate
(4) Stella Obasanjo (MHSRP) (First Lady)
(5) Mrs Remi Oyo (Senior Special Assistant to the President) - For doing what?
Re: Your Man/Woman of the Year 2005? by Afrisoft(m): 4:58pm On Dec 09, 2005

Man of the year Award

(1) Mallam Nuhu Ribadu (EFCC Chairman) - Actually that is my preferred candidate, the reason is clear for all to see, he has belled the cat.
(2) Prof. Charles Soludo (CBN Governor) - Excellent policy, grit and determination, I however want to see the determination.
(3) Mallam El-Rufai (Minister of FCT) - Next on my line, he has shown courage under fire, and have spoken with integrity, I have a slur on some of his decisions at BPE though.
(4) Senator Emma Anosike  - he lost to Ben Obi at the appeal court, and rather than do the Abuja jazz, he quietly and honorably resigned, he must be commended.
(5) Gov Chris Ngige - courage under fire, demonstarted what a vibrant albeit criminal opposition can achieve in a democracy.

Woman of the year Award

(1) Mrs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (Minister of Finance) - The technicalities and drive for debt relief is squarely her credit. She has paid the collective debt of the past generation
(2) Mrs Obi Ezekwesili (Minister of Solid Minerals) -  Due process is a term that has come to be enshrined in our sub-conscious, she has always spoken with integrity, the housing scam that tainted all the other Abuja appointees, eminently distinguished her.
(3) Justice Aloma Mukhtar - First female supreme court judge.
(4) Prof. Dora Akunyili (NAFDAC DG) - the Gani Fawehinmi of the Pharmaceutical Industry.
(5) Mrs Remi Oyo (Senior Special Assistant to the President) - Articulate, urbane and erudite, a sober depature from Femi Fani-Kayode

Terence
Re: Your Man/Woman of the Year 2005? by ijebuman(m): 11:46pm On Dec 09, 2005
Man of the year Award
(1) Mallam Nuhu Ribadu (EFCC Chairman)
The only fear Nigerian politicians and their cronies used to have was the military, now no thanks to this guy they have another thing to be worried about.

(2) Mallam El-Rufai (Minister of FCT)
My kind of guy, he may be controversial but he definitely gets the job done.

Woman of the year Award

(1) Prof. Dora Akunyili (NAFDAC DG)
For proving that just one person can make a difference even in a corrupt country like Nigeria. Only God knows how many lives she has saved with her crusade against fake drugs.

I am so impressed with this woman. The BBC did a feature on her some months ago, she is not only fighting the importers of fake drugs in Nigeria, she has also taken the fight to countries like India where most of the stuff originates from.

(2) Mrs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (Minister of Finance)
For doing what many ministers before her couldn't do and actually getting us 'debt relief'
Re: Your Man/Woman of the Year 2005? by Eddyemma(m): 3:06pm On Dec 23, 2005
I wish to vote Mallam Nuhu Riba du as my Man o f the year an d Prof D ora A kunyili as my woman o f the year .
Re: Your Man/Woman of the Year 2005? by DBash(m): 6:52pm On Nov 29, 2007
Please I want 2 be helped out here, can anybody tell me

Who is the first female Judge in this country,

(1) (Reply)

Brain Teaser... What Is A Lie? / Read And Know Why Ebola Is So Dangerous (A Must Read For All) / 9 Types Of People You Meet On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.