Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,388 members, 7,836,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? (1659 Views)

Poll: Good or Bad?

Good: 92% (12 votes)
Bad: 7% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

The Good Or Bad Things That Happen To You In 2012? / 2go; Good Or Bad? / Your Man/Woman of the Year 2005? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by Akolawole(m): 3:01am On Dec 14, 2005
Year 2005: Good or Bad

The bible teaches us in Ecclesiastes chapter three about different types of times and purposes. Time of weep and time of Joy.

How did you fare in 2005? Was it memorable year or not? A year you will like to have again or a year you can't wait to finish up?

Count your blessings. Let's hear your views.
Re: Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by Seun(m): 1:52am On Dec 15, 2005
The Year 2005 is the year in which I started the Nairaland Forum which, thanks to the efforts of the numerous members, has been a phenomenal success in all respects (member count, daily traffic, user satisfaction, even in advertising). And thanks to a sudden jump in traffic at the end of October, we managed to exceed all expectations for this year.

In addition to that, I got a really good friend who exceeded all my expectations and left a permanent positive mark that can never be arased. What makes me even happier about 2005 is that I even got victory over the 'fire' that made me write 'Man Under Fire', so I have to say 2005 has been really, really good to me!
Re: Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by Oracle(m): 1:54am On Dec 15, 2005
well itz been both good and bad for me
but im still alive, hale and hearty
im happy for that
the year has come to an end and itz been like other year
except that the death toll this year increased incredibly
plane crashes, hurricanes and a whole lot of disasters
but we thank good we are still alive
Re: Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by Oracle(m): 2:08am On Dec 15, 2005
Seun:

The Year 2005 is the year in which I started the Nairaland Forum
Seun are u SERIOUS?
Thatz great, that means Nairaland has really been successful
really successfull
Well im happy to be a member of the big family
A BIG CHEERS TO NAIRALAND
Re: Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by otokx(m): 9:02am On Dec 15, 2005
looking back now i thank my lord and saviour even Jesus Christ for the maturity that i have gained this year; indeed he has giving me a strength of character that surprises even my very self. All praise to God.
Re: Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by axeprince(m): 9:26am On Dec 15, 2005
I personally think this year calls for a sober reflection...there has been enough death than for anybody particular person to be happy.

Any personal Victory has been overshadowe with all the plane crashes and Hurricane this, Hurricane that.

Let's just pray that God makes the next year a better one, let's pray it's pains before joy.
Re: Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by disney(f): 1:17pm On Dec 15, 2005
The year 2005 was kinda good , bad, ok...................u know in life we all tend to experience good days, bad days, and some ok days.

But best of all, l thank God that am alive to see the end of this year because many many people have died , people who taught they would enjoy christmas, newyear.............so l think we all should be thankful we alive no matter how the year has been. cry

Merry xmas and a happy new year in advance...............one week to xmas grin grin
Re: Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by bagoma(f): 2:02pm On Dec 15, 2005
looking back and bringing all things into perspective, i'd say the year 2005 has been good year.
yes there are deaths but the same went for last year and the years before. and whether we like it or not there will be deaths next year. we just pray its not through circumstances that could be avoided. there will also be births!

for me as a person its been a good year. i was able to overcome a personal grief and am forging on with a renewed sense of purpose. i got elevated at work, i'm in good health and so are the members of my family,etc....
i'm really grateful to God for everything achieved so far especially for gift of life.
looking forward to a greater year come 2006.
Re: Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by Akolawole(m): 3:26pm On Dec 15, 2005
Very Very good Year BUT ITS TOO FAST.
Can somebody confirm say its 365 days.
i cant believe it.
Well, we look ahead for better.
Re: Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by bagoma(f): 3:43pm On Dec 15, 2005
yes o kola. thinking of it now, it appears too fast. na only yesterday we de say happy new year, now here we are we're saying merry christmas!

seasons greetings yall! cheesy
Re: Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by Greatpeter(m): 6:51pm On Dec 15, 2005
Year 2005 has been good and at thesame time a bit bad even now that I lost someone valuable and vital.
This december is horrible!
But above all, I give God the glory.

Eniyan oo le gba're k'o ma gb'abi ojo kan! cry[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by nike4luv(f): 7:15pm On Dec 15, 2005
mixture of good and bad actually

good things in 2005 as well as the baddos
Re: Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by ogrebuga(m): 7:27pm On Dec 15, 2005
this year has been full of disappointments for me,but i feel happy to have lived thru it,dont think i'd av missed it for the world. There r good years nd bad ones, this year wuz a bad one. We should all feel happy to b alive though
Re: Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by DASKACE(m): 7:59pm On Dec 15, 2005
For me, itz been the best year in my entire life. Achieve quite alot in it, couldn't have asked for much more.

Already Know year 2006 going to be better.
Re: Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by mide2(f): 11:41pm On Dec 15, 2005
It's been a 'WAITING YEAR' for me......a wilderness experience.....tough time.....pretty difficult period.....though it started great but it didn't last a month But i still indeed with my whole heart THANK GOD ALMIGHTY.Atleast i'm alive and healthy.
Re: Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by hotangel2(f): 11:48pm On Dec 15, 2005
The Year Is Not Yet Over.
Re: Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by larger20(m): 3:43am On Dec 16, 2005
F.C.U.King Bad yr for me sad sad sad Even though I made more money that other years...I wasnt happy after all due to other issues which I will soon get over....I am developing a business that will be released in 2006. So I am looking forward to a wonderful yr.
Re: Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by pie1ect(m): 3:40pm On Dec 16, 2005
2005--Not bad but not great either. I'm starting on a new project soon and I'm already looking forward to a grand 2006.

A merry christmas and a happy/prosperous new year (in advance) to everyone in the house.
Re: Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by nuru(m): 4:24pm On Dec 16, 2005
For whatever came your way, thank God. This has been a good year for me though. My business became more stable and grew beyond me as a person.
Re: Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by kewe(f): 7:31pm On Dec 16, 2005
this has been a gooD year for me and for that i give all praise to God

THANK YOU GOD!
Re: Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by uchetobi(f): 11:14am On Dec 20, 2005
its been a good year. No member of the family died, got a good vacation job, am in final year, good results in school, ma relationship is getting stronger, and many other things. God's been good. no doubt.
Re: Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by theORAKU(m): 4:31pm On Dec 20, 2005
two zero zero five!?

an OK year.
got an OK job
and a cool, nice girl who believes in me and my plans.

But must agree its quite saddening also due to the crashes 2wards its ending.
Re: Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by larger20(m): 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2005
Actually on a second taught..this december is the summary of my yrs..kinda happy..I am now sure of graduating in the spring..I still have big doh to worry about though
Re: Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by ocho(f): 1:25am On Dec 22, 2005
it's been generally GOOD for me,at least i learnt in this year that things don't always have to go my way. That, amidst many other things, made me a better pseron. I'm thankfull for 2005. I think it was year well spent for me.
Re: Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by babwilms(m): 9:33pm On Feb 24, 2006
2005 is the worst year ever, even the Queen said the same. All we have to pray for now is that things dont get worse these 2006 but its inevitable(got to happen) hopefully pray not to be part of the negativity it brings. I mean, three plain crashes in one country claiming lots of lifes, the pope died in the same year, the london bombing, legalising homosexuality, Katrina in USA, war in Iraq claiming lifes everyday, earthquakes every where. The only good thing about the year is the debt relief given to African countries.
But for me its been quite an interesting year for me, i got to understand myself more
Re: Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by Rhodalyn(f): 2:58pm On Mar 05, 2006
the year 2005 was graet!!!!!! that's when i met him wink
Re: Was the Year 2005 Good (or Bad) to You? by larger20(m): 2:41am On Mar 06, 2006
As the only person that rated 2005 bad, yes its really bad
Financial wise - - - - -2005 was bad even though I made significant progress, 2006 looks promissing and should be better,
Relationship ---- It got worse but this year looks like a good year
Health wise - - -- It was a great year even though I had ups and down

However 2006 looks very promissing

January 2006 - My goal in december relating to my carrer got fullfiled
- My invention/buisness initiative kicked out with a company agreeing to invest 100%
Feburary - A girl I was talking to in freshman showed intrest in me
- The company agreed to a partnership deal for a potential multi millon dollar company

Health wise - I am sounding great with hopes to get better in the future and never to get sick this year

March - Still working on the partnership but hoping to sign the document this week. I could keep my progress updated with time
- GOing on spring break this weekend

(1) (Reply)

I Just Started: Please Visit / Buy granite for your building and road construction . / Woman Left In Agony And Unable To Sit Down After Bungled Butt Lift Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.