Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Zuma Copies Donald Trump, Bans 9 African Countries From Entering South Africa - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zuma Copies Donald Trump, Bans 9 African Countries From Entering South Africa (1736 Views)

Donald Trump Bans Diego Maradona From Entering US "For Insulting Trump On TV" / President Zuma Bans 9 African Countries From Entering South Africa / Zuma Copies Donald Trump, Bans 9 African Countries From Entering South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zuma Copies Donald Trump, Bans 9 African Countries From Entering South Africa by Fogman(m): 4:47pm On Mar 10, 2017
South African president, Jacob Zuma has pulled a massive shocker after announcing an immediate ban to all citizens from Southern Africa. Effective immediately, citizens from these countries will no longer be allowed in South Africa in what Zuma called a temporary freeze : Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.

The news was met with resistance from various stakeholders and diplomats from the affected countries are said to have called an emergency meeting. Speaking form the parliament, Jacob Zuma said the countries in Southern Africa are responsible for the rampant job loss among local South Africans.

“I want South Africans to have jobs before others but it’s the other way round. Why should my child suffer while my neighbor’s child eats in my field?”, Zuma said.

Another reason that Zuma highlighted was the alarming crime rates. He said foreigners from neighboring countries commit crimes and run away from their countries, mostly illegals.

“All foreigners currently in South Africa from the affected countries will be vetted and if found to have contravened, they will be sent home immediately”, he announced.

There was no word on how the affected countries would respond to Zuma’s shock announcement.

https://dailytimes.ng/africa/zuma-copies-donald-trump-bans-9-african-countries-entering-south-africa/amp/

Re: Zuma Copies Donald Trump, Bans 9 African Countries From Entering South Africa by eezeribe(m): 5:01pm On Mar 10, 2017
Jacob Zuma is the 'Brand Ambassador' of Xenophobia;and yet South African companies depend on other countries for the Bulk of their profits.Ask shoprite,MTN,Multichoice.. etc.
without input from their Nigeria coys,even their Headquarters in South Africa would crumble.

Jacob Zuma should be more concerned with curbing the spread of HIV/AIDS which can be contracted in South Africa like common cold.
Most of their citizens are either positive or waiting for the window period.
Re: Zuma Copies Donald Trump, Bans 9 African Countries From Entering South Africa by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 10, 2017
If this news is TRUE then Nigeria should be on the top list but because Zuma knows what his "Children" stand to lose if he ever send Nigerians away ....

I think this is another wake up call for Nigerians.
Let us unite and move this country forward but we are so busy fighting each other.

United we stand ....divided we fall
pronto

4 Likes

Re: Zuma Copies Donald Trump, Bans 9 African Countries From Entering South Africa by SmartchoicesNG: 5:02pm On Mar 10, 2017
Interesting times
Re: Zuma Copies Donald Trump, Bans 9 African Countries From Entering South Africa by UnknownT: 5:02pm On Mar 10, 2017
shocked
Re: Zuma Copies Donald Trump, Bans 9 African Countries From Entering South Africa by SmartchoicesNG: 5:03pm On Mar 10, 2017
Fame333:
If this news is TRUE then Nigeria should be on the top list but because Zuma knows what his "Children" stand to lose if he ever send Nigeria away ....

Least us unite and move this country forward but we are so busy fighting each other.

Unite we stand ....divided we fall
pronto
He has a right to defend his people.. we did Ghana must go remember?

1 Like

Re: Zuma Copies Donald Trump, Bans 9 African Countries From Entering South Africa by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 10, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

He has a right to defend his people.. we did Ghana must go remember?

That's what am trying to say...if truth be told Nigeria should have been number 1 on the list.

if you have been to SA before u will understand better.

we are like bone in their throat.

They've been blinded with all their interest in Nigeria
Re: Zuma Copies Donald Trump, Bans 9 African Countries From Entering South Africa by kunlexy1759(m): 5:18pm On Mar 10, 2017
Ghenghen!
Re: Zuma Copies Donald Trump, Bans 9 African Countries From Entering South Africa by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 10, 2017
Bob Marley, Nelson Mandela and Co
Re: Zuma Copies Donald Trump, Bans 9 African Countries From Entering South Africa by PresidentRich: 5:29pm On Mar 10, 2017
Fame333:
If this news is TRUE then Nigeria should be on the top list but because Zuma knows what his "Children" stand to lose if he ever send Nigerians away ....

Let us unite and move this country forward but we are so busy fighting each other.

United we stand ....divided we fall
pronto
sorry...you are wrong.
This country has been united for 56years but has not achieved any tangible progress both In Economy and Social.
now the worst has struck, the economy of a once buoyant nation in recession.
this country can never be the leading economy in Africa again.
Re: Zuma Copies Donald Trump, Bans 9 African Countries From Entering South Africa by iblawi(m): 7:56pm On Mar 10, 2017
PresidentRich:

sorry...you are wrong.
This country has been united for 56years but has not achieved any tangible progress both In Economy and Social.
now the worst has struck, the economy of a once buoyant nation in recession.
this country can never be the leading economy in Africa again.

I wish you were wise.

2 Likes

Re: Zuma Copies Donald Trump, Bans 9 African Countries From Entering South Africa by jpphilips(m): 10:31am On Mar 13, 2017
Fame333:

That's what am trying to say...if truth be told Nigeria should have been number 1 on the list.

if you have been to SA before u will understand better.

we are like bone in their throat.

They've been blinded with all their interest in Nigeria

Do you expect Donald trump to put Saudi Arabia on his Moslem Majority ban list? Same for SA, Every leader with common sense dey look face.

3 Likes

Re: Zuma Copies Donald Trump, Bans 9 African Countries From Entering South Africa by PresidentRich: 1:30pm On Apr 02, 2017
iblawi:

I wish you were wise.

sorry man, I perceive you have been blinded by the same foolishness that blinded your fore-fathers' that's why youtalk about unity when you have the Igbos and Nigerdeltans to milk and rule.

If you are wise, you will be propagating unity through equality and not enforcing unity by force.

kindly send those words of wisdom to your untamed (bokoharam sponsoring leaders) emirs, obas etc

(1) (Reply)

Brainwashed: So Many Biased Lies About World War Two / Israel Unleashes Airstrikes Of Unprecedented Scale Across Gaza / Ecowas Miffed At Sa Navy Ship To Ivory Coast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.