Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,925 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

I Regret Being A Medical Doctor - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Regret Being A Medical Doctor (44955 Views)

Police Officer Demoted For Assaulting Medical Doctor In Akwa Ibom / Meet Lanre Udu, Medical Doctor With Two Bachelors, Two Master's Degrees, PHD / Daughter Of Hospital Cleaner In South Africa Becomes A Medical Doctor (photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 12, 2017
funmisticqueen:

are you dyslexic? cos it seems you cant read, are you proud of the career you read in univerisity. Make no mistake, i am proud to be a medical doctor,just not in nigeria
I 'll quote u so far as u won't stop harassing the noble reasonings of reasonable Nairalanders with whinings nd denigrations. If u r not happy in Nigeria, take a Kiwi flight to Niger republic. Did anyone stop u?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by Ssthorm(f): 8:52am On Mar 12, 2017
Lol....MeDICINE all d waaaayyy cheesy
Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 12, 2017
delana:
Wao great summary, did you study English language?
Lol. Not at all.
Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by Basic123: 8:55am On Mar 12, 2017
mployer:

They are professionals just like Teachers. Why do they want to be treated differently.

The write up is good but too long. Read but couldn't finish it.
not just like teachers,na like shoemakers...dindinrin...why can't you just ask a teacher to write his own article.by the way,I dont see where its written in the article that he wants doctors to be treated differently from other professionals.Then,you must be a wounded medical student.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 12, 2017
Medicine is a very wonderful profession... If you have passion for it.. Money won't be a problem for you especially in Western countries especially USA. ... Sometimes I regret not being a doctor till now.. In Nigeria..... You can be frustrated with any course you study so it's not about being a doctor.. It's about practicing it in Nigeria.... Our health sector is bleeped up..... I'm studying one of the least most appreciated course in Nigeria Bt abroad it's one of the most sought after courses.. Just study what you have passion for and hope for the best

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 12, 2017
Luiz1:
I 'll quote u so far as u won't stop harassing the noble reasonings of reasonable Nairalanders with whinings nd denigrations. If u r not happy in Nigeria, take a Kiwi flight to Niger republic. Did anyone stop u?
your reasoning is noble? I dont believe it. Hahahahahaha. You are very funny. Lmfao

1 Like

Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by Uchemus(m): 9:01am On Mar 12, 2017
she graduated from medical school at the age of 19? how manage?
pimper24:
I had these myths growing up, you are a serious student if you are in the science class, you are on top of your game if you gain admission to study medicine. Parents paid huge amount of money for their children to gain admission for medicine in the universities. I remember brandishing Ababeo and Nsienfor New School Chemistry and Nelkon Physics those days with pride all to show that I was in sciences. Unfortunately, these things are illusory. It is only in Nigeria that some courses are made to look like rocket science and at the end frustration set in due to over expectation. We were made to believe that medicine was a profession for rare humans and as such you will never be poor even if you only go to your clinic to sleep.
I spent some time in Europe and found out that Nigeria has the queerest way of doing things in the world. Studying medicine in Europe was most of the time by choice of some sort and you do not have to kill yourself to graduate from medical college. I recall then in the Enugu Campus of University of Nigeria, those that study TDB were medical students, you have to pass them with great awe. What malady. My friend's sister that graduated from University of Capetown this year a Doctor at 19 partied and holiday ed as far as I know and yet ask her anything you need to know about medicine. It's quite strange around here I tell you.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 12, 2017
Basic123:
not just like teachers,na like shoemakers...dindinrin...why can't you just ask a teacher to write his own article.by the way,I dont see where its written in the article that he wants doctors to be treated differently from other professionals.Then,you must be a wounded medical students.
gbagaun. Lmao
Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by nkemdi89(f): 9:02am On Mar 12, 2017
shinarambo1:

let him join the yahoo boys nah if he is so moved about riches ... You dont even need qualifications to become one...lol.
As a criminologist and a social scientist, I owe the society a duty of managing peoples perception in certain issues especially the one relating to crime, I can't stop him but I will only continue to encourage him in following the right track. Sometimes people go into crime when the motivation is negatively high.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by Madeu(m): 9:04am On Mar 12, 2017
Amarabae:
Must Med.docs be treated specially? My dad as a Doctor hustled, got money and build his hospitals.. So go and hustle, govt. must not be pampering you all the time.
Every Profession is Important..
Even Apart From my Nursing Career, I am also into other business ventures!

Also those MBBS holders should go for residency in either Orthopeadics, Plastic Surgery, Neurosurgry/Neurology, OBG etcs. They will be amazed by what they make per month.
Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 12, 2017
funmisticqueen:

your reasoning is noble? I dont believe it. Hahahahahaha. You are very funny. Lmfao
A nursery kid can't comprehend Einstein's E = MC2. Neither can he appreaciate the science behind the molecular events that triggered the first biomolecular substances. So, u are pardoned.

6 Likes

Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by litetias(m): 9:10am On Mar 12, 2017
realGURU:
Tired of anal
K my dear we'll give ur as$ a rest for a while and concentrate on ur vjay. Is that ok by u?

1 Like

Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by Basic123: 9:14am On Mar 12, 2017
funmisticqueen:
stop being so myopic.
Are you a doc?
Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 12, 2017
Luiz1:
A nursery kid can't comprehend Einstein's E = MC2. Neither can he appreaciate science behind the molecular events that triggered the first biomolecular substances. So, u are pardoned.
just run from this tread with you tail in between your legs and stop trying to save face, count you loss and move on. ( i am still laughing at you)

1 Like

Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 12, 2017
Luiz1:
A nursery kid can't comprehend Einstein's E = MC2. Neither can he appreaciate science behind the molecular events that triggered the first biomolecular substances. So, u are pardoned.
just run from this tread with you tail in between your legs and stop trying to save face, count your loss and move on. ( i am still laughing at you)
Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 12, 2017
Luiz1:
just run from this tread with your tail in between your legs and stop trying to save face cos what you said was irrelevant, count your loss and move on. ( i am still laughing at you)
Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by tmalik11294: 9:15am On Mar 12, 2017
Format ur brain nd start afresh..go study mechanic enginering i knw yu won't regret that either....some pple sef...
Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by drtee247(m): 9:15am On Mar 12, 2017
divinelove:
Chai med/surg stds u need to see them as students they feel they r next to God. But most after practising for 20 yrs still live in rented apartments.

Anyway let's follow our passion no profession is better than the other we need everyone on board the shoe maker abo.ki is as important as a medical doctor.

Whatever u do make sure u make enough money for u and ur family to live a good life, money answers everything in life

I have nt consulted a doctor in nearly a decade, not when i kw almost all the drugs for malaria and typhoid grin grin grin I only see my lab man and pharmacy shop when needed

You are suffering from inferiority complex..I'm sure you are one of those science student who applied for medicine but were not able to secure admission..now u live d rest of ur life hatin doctors

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by Mstcambridge: 9:16am On Mar 12, 2017
Thinking about a career advancement?? Click the link.
http://epistorm.co.uk/index.php/store2/training/ghd-5-01-detail?a_aid=I
Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 12, 2017
funmisticqueen:

just run from this tread with you tail in between your legs and stop trying to save face, count you loss and move on. ( i am still laughing at you)
U don't want to quit coz u r afraid of the shame? Well, I love WAHALA nd am ur NIGHTMARE....... Lol I ill give it to u LEFT, RIGHT and CENTRE. Lol

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 12, 2017
Basic123:
Are you a doc?
yes
Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by Basic123: 9:18am On Mar 12, 2017
Luiz1:
Did I mention that am a programmer? Nevertheless, u need to appreciate that other professions are equally important. A single bug in a medical software can affect a doctor's diagnosis. An error with a line of code can result in air plane crash and loss of countless lives. What abt the soldiers that lay their lives on the line to defend ur Country's territorial integritty? So, these guys are not equally important just because doctors interact directly with humans?
..you just being quick to voice out your envy and jealousy.The writer never argued that DOCTORS are important than other professionals nor appreciating doctors and humiliating other professionals.so,why are you suddenly talking about programming or whatever?

1 Like

Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 12, 2017
Luiz1:
U don't want to quit coz u r afraid of the shame? Well, I love WAHALA nd am ur NIGHTMARE....... Lol
your poetry is horrible. I have defeated bigger things in my dreams than you. Bring it on
Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by jamace(m): 9:20am On Mar 12, 2017
I dont think any professional is enjoying in Nigeria. Thus, most have joined the bandwagon of looting material and financial resources provided by govt in order to live "large", hence the rot in the whole system!

It is a pathetic situation, in Nigeria, for professionals who still maintain the ethics of their profession.
Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by mployer(m): 9:21am On Mar 12, 2017
Basic123:
not just like teachers,na like shoemakers...dindinrin...why can't you just ask a teacher to write his own article.by the way,I dont see where its written in the article that he wants doctors to be treated differently from other professionals.Then,you must be a wounded medical student.

You must be a big fool to compare teachers with shoe makers.

It is only illiterates that respect and adore doctors, the educated society know better.
Most of you studied medicine for the sole purpose of being called a 'doctor' not like you ever bothered about efficient practice. Now that the respect is going down, you are all going paranoid.

I am a practicing mechanical engineer. I seek to be respected in my field by my job delivery not by having 'Engineer' attached to my name.

7 Likes

Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 12, 2017
Basic123:
..you just being quick to voice out your envy and jealous.The writer never argue that DOCTORS are important than other professionals nor appreciate doctors and humiliating other professionals.so,why are you suddenly talking about programming or whatever?
I was being witty but she took it personally by resorting to name calling. Follow the thread.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by Ningi2020(m): 9:21am On Mar 12, 2017
project55:
I heard buhari is like bones
Are u a dostor, if not den why spewing such trash, do u think wit dat thing u call brain at all..
Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 12, 2017
Madeu:

Also those MBBS holders should go for residency in either Orthopeadics, Plastic Surgery, Neurosurgry/Neurology, OBG etcs. They will be amazed by what they make per month.
very true as far as the residency is not in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by Basic123: 9:24am On Mar 12, 2017
mployer:

You must be a big fool to compare teachers with shoe makers.
you must be a bigger fool and unintelligent not to realize that,that was not a form of comparison.
Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 12, 2017
Luiz1:
I was being witty but she took it personally by resorting to name calling. Follow the thread.
irrelevant
Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 12, 2017
funmisticqueen:

your poetry is horrible. I have defeated bigger things in my dreams than you. Bring it on
Why bother Doc? I never studied Linguistics in school. Between, Intelligent folks think its awesome. Lol. U 've got Paracetamol? Oh oh very handy in dousing tension headache 4 u. Lol

1 Like

Re: I Regret Being A Medical Doctor by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 12, 2017
Luiz1:
Why bother Doc? I never studied Linguistics in school. Between, Intelligent folks think its awesome. Lol. U 've got Paracetamol? Oh oh very handy in dousing tension headache 4 u. Lol
so pls tell me what did you study in school cos i am curious. I dont need any PCM but you can get at the pharmacy if you need,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amasa Firdausa Finally Called To Bar In Hijab By Nigerian Law School. Photos / Police Officer Who Bagged PhD As A Corporal, Begs For Promotion (Pics, VIDEO) / Young Female Nigerian Police Officer. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.