Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,811 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

“ Lord Come Into My Life, I Accept You” Where Is This In The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / “ Lord Come Into My Life, I Accept You” Where Is This In The Bible? (807 Views)

Let The Spirit Of The Lord Come Down / Fake Miracle: Should I Accept This Bribe To Do This Evil? / How Did Demons Come Into Existence? Who Created Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“ Lord Come Into My Life, I Accept You” Where Is This In The Bible? by Nobody: 3:02am On Mar 12, 2017
After much evangelising and a “soul” gets touched to the point of becoming a “true” Christian, you hear “Say these after me: ” and then a series of “acceptance speech” that go somehow like: “Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept your Lordship over my life, your death and resurrection and I'm born again”.

Please where is this ever done by anyone in the Bible, or is this just another of those modern versions of Christianity?

Last I checked, the New Testament quotes Jesus as saying that being born again mean being born of water (baptism) and born of spirit (spirit baptism, whatever that means) when clarifying what “born again” means (John 3:10 - 13, I think), so where is this “acceptance speech” gotten from in the Bible?

Thanks....
Re: “ Lord Come Into My Life, I Accept You” Where Is This In The Bible? by Taribizy(m): 4:22am On Mar 12, 2017
ROMANS 10: 9-10

2 Likes

Re: “ Lord Come Into My Life, I Accept You” Where Is This In The Bible? by Empredboy(m): 5:42am On Mar 12, 2017
Taribizy:
ROMANS 10: 9-10
is it Christ that you listen to or Paul? 1 Corinthians 1:12 . Listen to what Jesus said and don't be like the new convert who depend on the apostles
Re: “ Lord Come Into My Life, I Accept You” Where Is This In The Bible? by Kenneth4u205(m): 6:08am On Mar 12, 2017
Luke 12:8 King James Version (KJV) 8 Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:
Re: “ Lord Come Into My Life, I Accept You” Where Is This In The Bible? by Kenneth4u205(m): 6:09am On Mar 12, 2017
Empredboy:
is it Christ that you listen to or Paul? 1 Corinthians 1:12 . Listen to what Jesus said and don't be like the new convert who depend on the apostles
you want to hear it from Jesus abi?. oya take am for Luke 12:8

Luke 12:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me
before men, him shall the Son of man also confess
before the angels of God:
Re: “ Lord Come Into My Life, I Accept You” Where Is This In The Bible? by pointblank247(m): 6:14am On Mar 12, 2017
I BELIEVE IN MOSES
Re: “ Lord Come Into My Life, I Accept You” Where Is This In The Bible? by Empredboy(m): 6:18am On Mar 12, 2017
Kenneth4u205:

what has this got to do with been "born again " . Can't an area boy say he loves Jesus in public but still his mind is far from Christ? What that passage means isnt to accept Christ but to defend him. How do you accept him?
Re: “ Lord Come Into My Life, I Accept You” Where Is This In The Bible? by Kenneth4u205(m): 8:24am On Mar 12, 2017
Empredboy:
what has this got to do with been "born again " . Can't an area boy say he loves Jesus in public but still his mind is far from Christ? What that passage means isnt to accept Christ but to defend him. How do you accept him?
wrong my friend. God doesn't need flesh and blood to defend him or fight for him.it is we humans that need him to save us from sin.if an area boy decide to fool himself, how's that my business?. its between him and God.you ask how do I acept Christ?. by confessing with my mouth and believing with my heart as the op stated "
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I
accept your Lordship over my life, your death and
resurrection and I'm born again”.(Luke 12:8,Romans 10:9-10
Re: “ Lord Come Into My Life, I Accept You” Where Is This In The Bible? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 12, 2017
Taribizy, Kenneth4u205 Oga, confession is not the same as being “born again”, listen to the dialogue between Jesus and Nicodemus here:

“[Nicodemus] said, “Rabbi, we know that
you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one
could perform the signs you are doing if God were not
with him.”
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the
kingdom of God unless they are born again. ”

“How can someone be born when they are old?”
Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second
time into their mother’s womb to be born!”

Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter
the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and
the Spirit.
Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit
gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at
my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ ” (John 3:2-7 NIV)

This, is the real meaning of “born again” according to the Bible.

There is no record of any apostle converting a non-believer to a Christ through the “Lord, come into my life” acceptance speech. EVERY instance where the Apostles (Philip, Peter, Paul, etc.) made a convert, they must baptize the said person; in water and in spirit (whatever it means) before the person is said to be “born again”.
Re: “ Lord Come Into My Life, I Accept You” Where Is This In The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On May 18, 2023
■ After much evangelising and a “soul” gets touched to the point of becoming a “true” Christian, you hear “Say these after me: ” and then a series of “acceptance speech” that go somehow like: “Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept your Lordship over my life, your death and resurrection and I'm born again”. Please where is this ever done by anyone in the Bible, or is this just another of those modern versions of Christianity?
■ Last I checked, the New Testament quotes Jesus as saying that being born again mean being born of water (baptism) and born of spirit (spirit baptism, whatever that means) when clarifying what “born again” means (John 3:10 - 13, I think), so where is this “acceptance speech” gotten from in the Bible? Thanks....
1. What you have there is the wickedness of religion, replacing God's very own decree with their own ideas. Jesus Christ said except a man is born of water and born of Spirit — born again— he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God. No prayer or poem can replace that.

2. No acceptance speech or prayer can replace that which has been stipulated by Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: “ Lord Come Into My Life, I Accept You” Where Is This In The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 11:06pm On May 19, 2023
Kenneth4u205:
8 Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:
Well, Jesus Christ said that and almost 100 other things which you must also do if you are to be acknowledged by Him. So, do you then conclude just based on one particular teaching that all you need do is proclaim that you are also a believer in Him in order to be saved by Him? undecided
Re: “ Lord Come Into My Life, I Accept You” Where Is This In The Bible? by Seefinish: 6:57am On May 20, 2023
Empredboy:
so the bible is no longer God's word but Christ's and Paul's word?
Re: “ Lord Come Into My Life, I Accept You” Where Is This In The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 7:02am On May 20, 2023
Seefinish:
■ so the bible is no longer God's word but Christ's and Paul's word?
Your Bible has never been the Word of God. Rather, Jesus Christ is the one who scripture reveals as the Word of God — God's Truth. The words of Paul are meant to be validated against the Word of God, that is why even Paul said, "Let God be true, and all men(including himself) liars". undecided
Re: “ Lord Come Into My Life, I Accept You” Where Is This In The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On May 20, 2023
Kenneth4u205:
you want to hear it from Jesus abi?. oya take am for Luke 12:8Luke 12:8 King James Version (KJV)
Jesus Christ also said in HIs Gospel that anyone who would ignore some of HIs commandments is cursed. So I think you should clearly stay away from asserting that one verse taken out of context establishes all there is as far a what it means to be born-again. undecided
Re: “ Lord Come Into My Life, I Accept You” Where Is This In The Bible? by Seefinish: 8:01pm On May 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Your Bible has never been the Word of God. Rather, Jesus Christ is the one who scripture reveals as the Word of God — God's Truth. The words of Paul are meant to be validated against the Word of God, that is why even Paul said, "Let God be true, and all men(including himself) liars". undecided
I won't follow you into a pointless argument, but what I know is that, a man truly filled with the Holy Spirit knows what to do when he goes out for evangelism.
Re: “ Lord Come Into My Life, I Accept You” Where Is This In The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 8:05pm On May 20, 2023
Seefinish:
I won't follow you into a pointless argument, but what I know is that, a man truly filled with the Holy Spirit knows what to do when he goes out for evangelism.
It is only when said man goes into what you call evangelism that he knows what to do, but he should not be expected to have answers to false claims he makes of the same Jesus Christ at other times. undecided
Re: “ Lord Come Into My Life, I Accept You” Where Is This In The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 5:55pm On May 22, 2023
Empredboy:
■ what has this got to do with been "born again " . Can't an area boy say he loves Jesus in public but still his mind is far from Christ? What that passage means isnt to accept Christ but to defend him. How do you accept him?
Good one! grin
Re: “ Lord Come Into My Life, I Accept You” Where Is This In The Bible? by Empredboy(m): 9:03am On May 23, 2023
Kenneth4u205:

so if you confess your sins only by the acceptance speech you are save? Then that nullified what same Christ said. That a man must be baptized by the holy spirit and water before we can be save. Jn 3:5. And what will you have to say when he said unless you eat his body and drink his blood you won't enter eternal life. Jn 6:53-56.
My bro what all this means is that there more to been born again than these acceptance speech.

(1) (Reply)

Happy Sunday! Come On In And Rep Your Church / Timothy Omotoso - A Man Unjustly Accused Of Being A RAPIST Of 30 Girls. / Malaysian Magic Man Accidentally Cooks Himself To Death During Stunt (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.