Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,399 members, 7,853,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:00 AM

Error P2279, Pls What Does It Mean? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Error P2279, Pls What Does It Mean? (2000 Views)

What Does It Mean To Have “mansory” Attached To The Name Of A Car? / Engine Oil Specifications Explained - What Does It Mean? / Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Error P2279, Pls What Does It Mean? by karymkush: 9:22am On Mar 12, 2017
I was advised to share on this platform so that if there is anyone with the knowledge and info to assist.
I have error code P2279 'air intake system leak' after scanning my car. Please what does this mean and how can it be resolved/fixed?
Mine is a Honda Pilot
Re: Error P2279, Pls What Does It Mean? by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:39am On Mar 12, 2017
karymkush:
I was advised to share on this platform so that if there is anyone with the knowledge and info to assist.
I have error code P2279 'air intake system leak' after scanning my car. Please what does this mean and how can it be resolved/fixed?
Mine is a Honda Pilot

Un metered air is getting into the intake side of your engine via a leak. For that particular design of engine leaks can occur easily from the top of the engine between the gaskets, the intake manifold, the PCV valve, the throttle body gaskets...

Re: Error P2279, Pls What Does It Mean? by J0hnTrevolt(m): 1:00pm On Mar 20, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Un metered air is getting into the intake side of your engine via a leak. For that particular design of engine leaks can occur easily from the top of the engine between the gaskets, the intake manifold, the PCV valve, the throttle body gaskets...
Boss, My toyota avalon was diagonosed and it reads p0305, p0300 please wat is the fault of this vehicle and what needs to be done.
Secondly any idea how much is 02sensor for 2002 toyota avalon.
Tnx
Re: Error P2279, Pls What Does It Mean? by honmusa(m): 2:15pm On Mar 20, 2017
karymkush:
Mine is a Honda Pilot
The implication of this is that the air/fuel mixture will be running extremely lean and this will have huge impact on performance and fuel mileage.
Go for leak diagnostics test using smoke machine ,the smoke machine will reveal the source of leak of unmetered air.
call autologic @08061166316
Re: Error P2279, Pls What Does It Mean? by honmusa(m): 2:19pm On Mar 20, 2017
J0hnTrevolt:

Boss, My toyota avalon was diagonosed and it reads p0305, p0300 please wat is the fault of this vehicle and what needs to be done.
Secondly any idea how much is 02sensor for 2002 toyota avalon.
Tnx
Cylinder 5 misfire which might be responsible for for p300 .
Check the cylinder 5 ignition coil ,plugs ,injector,fuel pressure and if none of the above is not the culprit ,check the intake system for leak and cylinder compression.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Personal Driving Lesson Tutor Needed-Ibadan / Problem With Transmission / How To Enter Into Your Keyless Entry Car When The Battery Is Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.