Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Celebrate Nigeria Doctors On My Birthday - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Celebrate Nigeria Doctors On My Birthday (400 Views)

Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only / The Escapades Of Doctors On Duty / Why Is It That In Nigeria Doctors/nurses Dont Warn Patient B4 Giving Injection? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Celebrate Nigeria Doctors On My Birthday by Douglaufuoma(m): 9:47am On Mar 13, 2017
let me thank God for keeping me alive to mark my birthday today. I take out time today to celebrate Nigeria doctors, especially national orthopaedic hospital Enugu for their professionalism when I was about existing planet earth. though so much has been said about our doctors but my mentally has changed after my experience. take sit and fasten your sit belt as you journey with me.
April first 2016 5;30pm on Friday will be a day i will never forget in my life. I left my house in the morning at about 6:30 to 7:00am in the morning to my place of internship and also to carryout a business transaction, unknown to me that would have been the last transaction I will have done. after the day activities I boarded a bus at about 5:00pm to go back home on that raining evening, our vehicle moved from the park twenty mins later. we were just half way into our journey when our bus with high speed of 100-120 ram under a reversing 911, and I was sitting in front sit close to driver. I felt weakness in my whole body, just as if I want to sleep. I manage to say my last prayers and the thought of where I will end up after my exist filled my mind, after some seconds I felt myself again but with some itches in my legs as if they were in uncomfortable place. I tried to move them but was unable, I then try to use my hands that was when I knew I broke my two legs both the femur and tibia and my ear was almost cut off. all this happen at about 5:30pm. the drive ran out of the car unhurt, because he gave our side to the lorry. we were then take to unth ( university of Nigeria teaching hospital ituku-ozala Enugu ). myself and my sit mate left unth the following day because of how serious our condition was to orthopaedic hospital Enugu in the company of my friends and a nurse friend working there.
At orthopaedic hodpital that Saturday I was place on drip and blood for me to be stabilize, many doctors were ground attending to us just as what we met at unth. I was taken into theatre at about 3:00am the following morning being Sunday, I went in without oxygen but I came out at about 8am with oxygen after which I slept of. when I woke up three hours later I notice my heart was hotting and hurting me seriously, even with the oxygen I can't still breath properly and the saturation was between 35-45% range. not too long my body swore, and my breath saturation fell to 30-35%. the consultant in charge of me drop my file and requested I should be return to where I came from, at that moment another doctor took over my case and I was moved into I.C.U where I spend one week with oxygen and about fifteen pint of blood. so many event happen there which my God through the doctors took care of.
my first operation was on 13th of April which I went through hell of pains, I was taken into theatre at about 11am and was brought out at about 5:30 pm. I was alive and my bones were been nailed, it was a terrible experience but thank God I am alive. the second operation was 27th of same month. I started using clutches three months later. though I started with zimmer frame, but perfect using clutches july.
I wrote this to encourage those who run abroad for medical treatment or who patronised quacks to have confidence in our doctors, we have one of the best. if you doubt my story go to orthopaedic hospital Enugu and ask of Dr. R.C Eze, Dr. Ahaotu, Dr, Emina all in orthopaedic department.
yes the system is bad but the personnel available are still ready to deliver their service. imaging what would have happen to me if I was taken to locals with all my complications.
I would have included photos but for some reasons that is why I withdrew the pics. once again I say happy birthday to myself and I wish the Nigeria medical industry best of luck.

(1) (Reply)

10 Habits That Damage The Brain / Could Eating Yogurt Help Treat Depression? / President Buhari May Return Back To London On May10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.