Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only (1423 Views)

Nigeria’s Doctors Are Striking. Here’s Why And What This Means For COVID-19. / Covid-19:-hear-what-bill-gates-teacher-and Scientist Thinks About Nigeria / World's Hottest Looking Black Doctors And Nurses (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 17, 2020

The Govt has never for once valued healthcare personal in this country. But as of recent, they want to pay doctors 50k per day, cause this virus doesn't fear the rich or poor, also cause they have nowhere to go.

I studied med lab but will never enter the lab to run tests on anything at all. The doctor that just died from covid-19, will the federal govt give the family anything? During my internship I saw how medical doctors suffered from lack of payments, to lack of facilities in the hospital. While the leaders go abroad to treat themselves. Now they remember doctors in Nigeria exist, and I heard in a news that they want to pay health workers 50k perday. Oh now you remember us Abi? You never knew hazard pay was 5k Abi, but a senator will collect wardrobe, bedroom, shit, food even allowance we have never heard of.. My own opinion. We were never valued, and I can't accept to be valued when things are hard.
Doctor's
Med labs
Microbiologist
Share your opinions.
Will you risk your life for Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 17, 2020
Let drop comment
Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Jamesbiodun(m): 12:22pm On Apr 17, 2020
good Thought, they put medical workers in the front line to die for the mess they have made of the country, it's now they know they care for the medical practitioners

1 Like

Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 17, 2020
Jamesbiodun:
good Thought, they put medical workers in the front line to die for the mess they have made of the country, it's now they know they care for the medical practitioners
I am telling you, malaria they will go abroad, headache they will go abroad. Now they want to pay us 50k daily to risk our lives. Funny. Please more comments

Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Mizwisdom(f): 1:50pm On Apr 17, 2020
It's always about money for you people. Do you even know why you're in the medical field? let me inform you that it is a sacrificial vocation, you're there to save lives not to cash in and cash out.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Mizwisdom(f): 1:51pm On Apr 17, 2020
CHESTER48:
I am telling you, malaria they will go abroad, headache they will go abroad. Now they want to pay us 50k daily to risk our lives. Funny. Please more comments

50K daily? that's the monthly salary of many people. Don't take it, drop your resignation and see if thousands will not be ready to settle for even lesser

3 Likes

Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mizwisdom:
It's always about money for you people. Do you even know why you're in the medical field? let me inform you that it is a sacrificial vocation, you're there to save lives not to cash in and cash out.
pls shut up if you are not a medical personnel. Give us a good reason why need should nsacrifice our lives for yours

As for me, Nigeria is not worth dying for. If I was in the UK and I had a better life there then yes maybe, but in Nigeria.

Abeg it's live today and fight tomorrow.

Stay at home pls.

Even to 'volunteer' for COVID 19, you have to be connected. It's all politics

1 Like

Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mizwisdom:

50K daily? that's the monthly salary of many people. Don't take it, drop your resignation and see if thousands will not be ready to settle for even lesser
50K is too worthless for our lives. It's better we watch, then when this blows over travel to another country where we are valued. Something tells me we are about to be in higher demand

1 Like

Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Mizwisdom(f): 2:03pm On Apr 17, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
pls shut up if you are not a medical personnel. Give us a good reason why need should nsacrifice our lives for yours

As for me, Nigeria is not worth dying for. If I was in the UK and I had a better life there then yes maybe, but in Nigeria.

Abeg it's live today and fight tomorrow.

Stay at home pls.

Even to 'volunteer' for COVID 19, you have to be connected. It's all politics

Shut up. Are you dying for Nigeria or Nigerians? I'm not sure you know the difference but you're here claiming medical practitioner. You can go and die for British people, who held you back? why complaining here? go to Britain na, ingrate. I pray your tuition fees will be trippled here in Nigeria so that people like you will not be able to afford it.

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by ksmart027(m): 2:03pm On Apr 17, 2020
i am a lab scientist and i will never risk my life for these country, if you die in the cause of action oyo is your case. I have even decided to change my profession unless something is done about our health sector.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Mizwisdom(f): 2:10pm On Apr 17, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
50K is too worthless for our lives. It's better we watch, then when this blows over travel to another country where we are valued. Something tells me we are about to be in higher demand

50K a day is worthless for your lives? how much did you pay in Nigeria medical school? people abroad who you're comparing yourself to will be paying off student loans for many years after graduation , in America you can hardly get into their med school as an ordinary person. Continue raising shoulders in pride, you will soon fall.
Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 17, 2020
ksmart027:
i am a lab scientist and i will never risk my life for these country, if you die in the cause of action oyo is your case. I have even decided to change my profession unless something is done about our health sector.
smiley nah to go hide oo
That's how one politician asked me if, I was thought Coronavirus in school! I told him I saw it when I did microbiology, Prescot test book for microbiology had the novel virus which thy said was a type of SARS. But I told him, and he asked if I can also do hand sanitiser. I just told him there is no way, to tr & culture organisms to determine if the sanitiser really work or not. Besides I no wan go lab again sef. Na movie I wan make.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mizwisdom:

50K a day is worthless for your lives? how much did you pay in Nigeria medical school? people abroad who you're comparing yourself to will be paying off student loans for many years after graduation , in America you can hardly get into their med school as an ordinary person. Continue raising shoulders in pride, you will soon fall.

medical school where they will teach you only theory and bore you to life. Can you compare yourself to doctors outside? Can you even effectively perform CPR?
Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Shut up. Are you dying for Nigeria or Nigerians? I'm not sure you know the difference but you're here claiming medical practitioner. You can go and die for British people, who held you back? why complaining here? go to Britain na, ingrate. I pray your tuition fees will be trippled here in Nigeria so that people like you will not be able to afford it.

Don't be bitter at me, be bitter at your government. Nigerians aren't worth dying for. Simple
Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mizwisdom:

shut the Bleep up. Why don't you come let me give you my certificate so you can go and run tests and support the doctors.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2020
CHESTER48:
medical school where they will teach you only theory and bore you to life. Can you compare yourself to doctors outside? Can you even effectively perform CPR?
I've spent 100k to learn BLS/ACLS, but yet to do the training because of lockdown. Nigeria is useless I tell you
Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2020
CHESTER48:
shut the Bleep up. Why don't you come let me give you my certificate so you can go and run tests and support the doctors.
ignore the ignorant fellow
Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Mizwisdom(f): 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2020
CHESTER48:

Get lost. Nobody forced the job on you, drop it and see if another person won't do it

1 Like

Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2020

In other countries, USA eg, doctors drive Ferrari, lambos. All healthcare workers eat well. But here Na only politicians. Person do med lab finish for 2 years no single job, he traveled out and now in Germany where he is valued, has a house has two cars, even came back to Naija to pick a wife.. But us wey dey here if you not from a rich family you for don die.

Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Get lost. Nobody forced the job on you, drop it and see if another person won't do it
why don't you go and do it?
Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Mizwisdom(f): 2:39pm On Apr 17, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
Don't be bitter at me, be bitter at your government. Nigerians aren't worth dying for. Simple

You might not be worth dying for, but some of us are worth it. With this nasty attitude of yours you will deliberately waste patient's lives, please leave the country for us, we don't want your type around innocent patients.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by ksmart027(m): 2:39pm On Apr 17, 2020
CHESTER48:
smiley nah to go hide oo
That's how one politician asked me if, I was thought Coronavirus in school! I told him I saw it when I did microbiology, Prescot test book for microbiology had the novel virus which thy said was a type of SARS. But I told him, and he asked if I can also do hand sanitiser. I just told him there is no way, to tr & culture organisms to determine if the sanitiser really work or not. Besides I no wan go lab again sef. Na movie I wan make.

actually coronavirus first break out in 2003 and covid 19 is just a novel of the virus, hand sanitizers are easy to make if you have the materials needed, you should have told the politician to invest more in our health sector.
Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Mizwisdom(f): 2:41pm On Apr 17, 2020
CHESTER48:
why don't you go and do it?

I am already doing my part for humanity without making noise or grumbling, as for you drop the job, nobody forced you.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 17, 2020
ksmart027:

actually coronavirus first break out in 2003 and covid 19 is just a novel of the virus, hand sanitizers are easy to make if you have the materials needed, you should have told the politician to invest more in our health sector.
but how can you test the effectiveness of the sanitiser. Go to the streets now, alot of people are now making hand sanitiser, I know it supposed to be a microbiologist working maybe in the quality control of the department. But now can you educate me on how else to check the effectiveness without visiting the lab.
Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mizwisdom:

You might not be worth dying for, but some of us are worth it. With this nasty attitude of yours you will deliberately waste patient's lives, please leave the country for us, we don't want your type around innocent patients.

what makes you think that you are among those worth dying for?

In fact make sure all your children go to medical/nursing school then you will understand
Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Mizwisdom(f): 2:43pm On Apr 17, 2020
CHESTER48:

How much did you pay here? compare that to the amount they pay abroad
Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Mizwisdom(f): 2:44pm On Apr 17, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
what makes you think that you are among those worth dying for?

In fact make sure all your children go to medical/nursing school then you will understand

I placed the value on myself unlike you that see yourself as worthless.
Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mizwisdom:

I am already doing my part for humanity without making noise or grumbling, as for you drop the job, nobody forced you.
pls what do you do again?

Are you working in a COVID 19 ward, do you have enough face masks? Is your salary sure this month? What will happen nto your family if you drop dead today? Will their lives be harder?..

You need to set your priorities straight. Passion for the job starts to die in medical school. By Youth service, it is gone. Any doctor/nurse you see that wants to stay behind is either trapped by family, too afraid to start afresh in a new country or still clinging to non-existent hope that this country will be better. Many people have tried to help the health sector, but your government has fustrated their efforts. Nigeria is where dreams die.
Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mizwisdom:

I placed the value on myself unlike you that see yourself as worthless.
Now you sound like a wounded animal. It's my life I value above all others.
Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mizwisdom:

trust me,g tuition fee wasn't cheap
Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 17, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
pls what do you do again?

Are you working in a COVID 19 ward, do you have enough face masks? Is your salary sure this month? What will happen nto your family if you drop dead today? Will their lives be harder?..

You need to set your priorities straight. Passion for the job starts to die in medical school. By Youth service, it is gone. Any doctor/nurse you see that wants to stay behind is either trapped by family, too afraid to start afresh in a new country or still clinging to non-existent hope that this country will be better. Many people have tried to help the health sector, but your government has fustrated their efforts. Nigeria is where dreams die.
you're right.
Re: Covid-19 Is It Worth Dying for here in Nigeria? Doctors and scientist only by Amhappy(f): 2:53pm On Apr 17, 2020
Modified Seems the owner of this thread do not need input. Wuhan Covid19 in a country like ours and lockdown hunger is enough toxicity.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Recovered Covid-19 Chinese Are Testing Positive Again / Help depression is killing me (picture) / Visiting A Dentist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.