Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

This Oyinbo Self - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / This Oyinbo Self (496 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Oyinbo Self by Kindoo: 11:29am On Mar 13, 2017
Oyinbo What are you? When will your learning end? The things you have done for me Is great Oh! Oyinbo
You have made the teacher beat me My name always appear on the vernacular list When teacher ask for explanation I create the joke scene 'I spoke to her, say, I want to, want to... fun mi niwe e' Two strokes, three strokes Is that good?
You have made me dumb When I speak Laughter reign Hahahaha Hahahahaha Hahahahahaha What I do? I ask No one say, except a best friend You do not speak correct grammar 'Is that, I does not speak the right granma' Yes, you do not
So I was careful to speak Just smiling Those who do not know me say 'The boy is quiet' Those who do know me Tease me to speak I just bear all things Or at most say 'Leave me o, you are looking for trouble o, I will report to uncle o' You shut in again Is that good?
You have made me lose chances Questions I should  have answer Oyinbo, you were not there Expression I should have made Oyinbo, you were not there The ones I should have spoken to Oyinbo, you were not there Making me lose many Is that good?
I got angry I gave myself to the study of English I got you, Didn't I?
I spoke with boldness now I became my self Sparkling and playing
But I noticed I occasionally throw the unconscious bomb 'Booom' Sometimes I correct myself Other I don't even know I learn when I could But you are wide o I still some times dash in the 'boom' The sound goes oyinbo
Well, learning never end I will continue to learn your rules Until I contend with a white master and win. Oyinbo.
OMÓJUWÚRÀ(2017)
from www.wukes..com

(1) (Reply)

First Battle For Love / Mami Market (a Poem) By Nairalander 2017 Batch A Corp Member / My Selcouth (a Short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.