Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,758 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Don't Know What To Feel Right Now......dunno If It's Hormones Or Intuition - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don't Know What To Feel Right Now......dunno If It's Hormones Or Intuition (622 Views)

The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy / I Cheated On My Husband With A Guy From Work And I Don't Know What To Do. / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Know What To Feel Right Now......dunno If It's Hormones Or Intuition by superwomanwanna: 11:19am On Mar 14, 2017
I have recently found out I'm pregnant by my husband. The thing is I found out his ex-wife (I've seen a document verifying his divorce) is still trying to contact him. After I made it clear for him to stop keeping the contact up (I don't care how many miles away she is!)

Well, she found out I was pregnant & told my husband that I showed her a picture of our sonogram. I have shown just a couple of family members it that I felt I could trust with this "secret". He said he wasn't ready to announce it.

I'm 37 & this is my VERY FIRST PREGNANCY. He's 41 & this would be his first child as well. But it took SECERAL DAYS to plead, cajole, & finally prove I didn't send the pic to her thru his phone for him to finally believe me. That she is quick to blame me to protect the family member that told her.

They have no kids together & legally divorced for over 3 years & was just married for 8. It's just him wanting to keep my pregnancy such secret & was totally upset that she found out! And the way he took her word over mine for several days! No NOTHING! And he stayed hot at me during that time. Why should he even care if she knows about my pregnancy anyways?! I told my ex that wouldn't leave me alone even after repeatedly telling him to & to the point of cussing him. That was his final nail in the coffin to finally leave me alone was my pregnancy.

And his just gave me some lame excuse about worrying now that I will lose the baby by means of voodoo. And had the audacity to ask me if I even know what voodoo is. I'm from New Orleans, Louisiana (the VERY HEART of voodoo). I've told him this before. I have also told him that voodoo is only as strong as geographical location & if you're a Christian, it has no power over you unless YOU allow it to.

Should I be worried still about this lady or what? Feeling mightily uncomfortable that he doesn't want to announce our pregnancy now. I'm way past the first trimester & nearing the end of my second trimester. We should be knowing next week the sex of our baby. He doesn't even want to try names with me.
Re: Don't Know What To Feel Right Now......dunno If It's Hormones Or Intuition by Dyt(f): 11:29am On Mar 14, 2017
Your husbands ex found out about your pregnancy
Husband is mad at you cos his ex knows about it

I wish I understand
Re: Don't Know What To Feel Right Now......dunno If It's Hormones Or Intuition by chinybelle(f): 11:36am On Mar 14, 2017
Your husband could be right you know.
Having being in a relationship that long without a child.

Calm down.
Re: Don't Know What To Feel Right Now......dunno If It's Hormones Or Intuition by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 14, 2017
Maybe his ex-wife is evil and would want to wish harm to your baby, people are evil o. You don't talk too much about your pregnancy and even the sex of the baby.
Re: Don't Know What To Feel Right Now......dunno If It's Hormones Or Intuition by sisisioge: 11:53am On Mar 14, 2017
We Nigerians are super superstitious about keeping a baby a secret until the baby bump announces it or the baby arrives on its own. Don't fuss too much about announcing to everyone and trying baby names, God will deliver you of an healthy baby when the time comes. Congrats in advance.

1 Like

Re: Don't Know What To Feel Right Now......dunno If It's Hormones Or Intuition by superwomanwanna: 2:24pm On Mar 14, 2017
Nigerian culture is so different & frustrating sometimes! ooooooo
Re: Don't Know What To Feel Right Now......dunno If It's Hormones Or Intuition by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 14, 2017
OP, you should've listened to your husband and waited for his approval to announce the pregnancy to his family. He wasn't ready to announce it, but you went ahead to show the sonogram to his family members, who ended up showing it to his ex-wife. He knows his family is still in communication with his ex and word would get around to her. Besides, he himself was probably excited and wanted to announce the pregnancy together with you but you've taken that away from him due to your impatience. This doesn't mean the ex can do anything to you or your baby; if you're a believer you should already know this, but you should've waited for your husband's a-okay to announce the pregnancy to his family.
Re: Don't Know What To Feel Right Now......dunno If It's Hormones Or Intuition by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 14, 2017
Listen to your husband. For now, keep the pregnancy to yourselves he knows best what is good for the both of you. You need not announce a pregnancy, it will announce itself.
Re: Don't Know What To Feel Right Now......dunno If It's Hormones Or Intuition by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 14, 2017
Madam, forgive me & take no offense for what I'm about to write.

You're a crazy retarded foolish simpleton who should be thrown off the Ojuelegba bridge at 8:am on a monday morning for deliberately putting your Husband in harm's way.

And If I were your husband, Yaaasin, I would have kicked the ball in your tummy until you vomit it & then send you back to the gutter from whence you came - no jokes.

Y are most women so stupid & dumb? Your husband, who must have known the bitter & diabolical nature of his ex warned you to conceal your pregnancy but instead, you chose to alert friends & enemies by broadcasting the sonogram.

Now, God forbid - if you carry the pregnancy for 2years or simply give birth to a strange creature, you will then start running from 1 church to the other for deliverance.

Do you think a woman who was married to your Husband for 3years without any issue until they divorced would be happy to receive the news that her ex-husband has now become a father? I swear, I am deeply pissed-off for your carelessness & idiocy.

Obedience has always been better than sacrifice.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Know What To Feel Right Now......dunno If It's Hormones Or Intuition by bukatyne(f): 3:25pm On Mar 14, 2017
I don't understand some wives...

Your husband who have known his family for the past 39yrs (let's assume he became aware at 2yrs) told you he doesn't want to share with his family and you who know them for less than 3yrs thinks it's ok to share?

Do you think a man looking for a child for 11yrs wouldn't jump at the news? Even if you a just a mistress and he is still legally married to someone else, the worst he would do is conniving to take the baby away from you; he will never deny the baby.

Are you trying to buy his family's loyalty or prove you are a good wife?

The ex is not your problem; your mouth is.

Since your husband has not denied your pregnancy, I don't see the need to fret. Hide your head (in Nigerian parlance) and carry your baby to term.

If you can stay with your family members till you deliver, all the best. You don't want to run into your husband's ex with your pregnancy.

Goodluck.

(1) (Reply)

Is This True? / 5 Signs That Your Woman Hates Cooking Or Can’t Cook / Reactions Of Mums When You Eat Visitors Food.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.