Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,648 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

November Npd: Xbox 360 Trounces Ps3, Kosovo Weeps In Despair! - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / November Npd: Xbox 360 Trounces Ps3, Kosovo Weeps In Despair! (2607 Views)

UK To Get The Xbox One November 29, PS4 December 13th - / Xbox One Gets $499 Price Tag And November Launch Date / Gw: Did The PS3 Just Outsell The 360 By 500K In November? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

November Npd: Xbox 360 Trounces Ps3, Kosovo Weeps In Despair! by texazzpete(m): 10:24am On Dec 18, 2009
Uh oh.
Looks like the transient spike in sales charts from the introduction of the PS3 slim is on the wane. Recently released data from NPD on console hardware sales show that the Xbox 360 outsold the PS3 with over 100,000 units.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/10/november-npd-modern-warfare-2-sells-5-million-ds-dominates-har/

-DS: 1.7M
-Wii: 1.26M
-360: 820K
-PS3: 710K
-PSP: 294K
-PS2: 203K

Naturally, the Wii topped the charts for game consoles.
Even more troubling for Sony (and Kosovo!) was the fact that the Nintendo DS easily racked up 6 times the sales of the Sony PSP, despite being technologically inferior.
It may be recalled that Kosovo had earlier dismissed the DS as a competitor for the PSP as usual on the basis of graphical performance.

But the hardware sales are just one part of the puzzle. In terms of Software (games), games on the Microsoft had more games sold on the Xbox 360 than both the Wii and PS3 combined, a troubling development for Sony which continues to lose money on it's PS3 console.

[list]
[li]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Xbox 360 - Activision - 4.20M[/li]
[li]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - PS3 - Activision - 1.9M[/li]
[li]New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Wii - Nintendo - 1.4M[/li]
[li]Assassin's Creed II - Xbox 360 - Ubisoft - 795K[/li]
[li]Left 4 Dead 2 - Xbox 360 - Valve - 720K[/li]
[li]Wii Sports Resort* - Wii - Nintendo - 720K[/li]
[li]Wii Fit Plus - Wii - Nintendo - 679K[/li]
[li]Assassin's Creed II - PS3 - Ubisoft - 448K[/li]
[li]Dragon Age: Origins - Xbox 360 - Electronic Arts / BioWare - 362K[/li]
[li]Mario Kart w/ Wheel - Wii - Nintendo - 315K[/li]

[/list]

Check out the sales figures for Assassin's Creed II and Modern Warfare 2, with the Xbox 360 version selling twice the numbers of the PS3. Both games are highly anticipated titles with stellar reviews.

It may appear that

1. The sales boost from the PS3 slim seems to be dissipating, leaving the Xbox 360 (as usual) as the leader of the two consoles in monthly sales
2. Many people may simply have bought their PS3 as a cheap Blu-Ray player. If so, the possibilty of Sony reaping profit from those consoles via game sales may not exist.

Even more worrying? Uncharted 2 failed to break into the top 10 this month. Given a sales figure of 537,000 in October in the US (Source: October NPD), and since the lowest game on the November NPD sold 315k, using an optimistic figure of 300K sold in November, it means that a potential contender for game of the year 2009 has so far failed to muster up to a million in sales in the coveted North American Market.

Either way, somewhere out there Kosovo is crying himself to sleep. grin
Re: November Npd: Xbox 360 Trounces Ps3, Kosovo Weeps In Despair! by texazzpete(m): 10:31am On Dec 18, 2009
More info.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

In the UK sales charts for the week ending December 12, again we see Xbox 360 versions of multiplatform titles happily outselling the PS3 versions. This is in games such as Assassin's Creed II, Modern Warfare 2, Fifa 10 and WWE Smackdown. Only in NFS: Shift did the PS3 version outsell the Xbox 360 one.

Despite the presence of many bundle deals, the stellar Uncharted 2 only managed a 29/40 spot in the top 40 chart in the UK, finishing just above HALO: ODST despite the fact that ODST had been released a month earlier than Uncharted 2.

While Sony's PS3 software only accounted for 6 games in the top 40 list, Microsoft's Xbox 360 had 12 entries.

Sony's PSP failed to register any impact on the charts, while Nintendo's DS had 13 titles in the top 40.
Re: November Npd: Xbox 360 Trounces Ps3, Kosovo Weeps In Despair! by FBS: 10:32am On Dec 18, 2009
XBOX 360 rulzzzz! cheesy grin
Re: November Npd: Xbox 360 Trounces Ps3, Kosovo Weeps In Despair! by texazzpete(m): 10:44am On Dec 18, 2009
More info.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

In the UK sales charts for the week ending December 12, again we see Xbox 360 versions of multiplatform titles happily outselling the PS3 versions. This is in games such as Assassin's Creed II, Modern Warfare 2, Fifa 10 and WWE Smackdown. Only in NFS: Shift did the PS3 version outsell the Xbox 360 one.

Despite the presence of many bundle deals, the stellar Uncharted 2 only managed a 29/40 spot in the top 40 chart in the UK, finishing just above HALO: ODST despite the fact that ODST had been released a month earlier than Uncharted 2.

While Sony's PS3 software only accounted for 6 games in the top 40 list, Microsoft's Xbox 360 had 12 entries.

Sony's PSP failed to register any impact on the charts, while Nintendo's DS had 13 titles in the top 40.
Re: November Npd: Xbox 360 Trounces Ps3, Kosovo Weeps In Despair! by iykedee: 11:45am On Dec 18, 2009
Fanboy
Re: November Npd: Xbox 360 Trounces Ps3, Kosovo Weeps In Despair! by kosovo(m): 5:08pm On Dec 18, 2009
@TEX
Check out the sales figures for Assassin's Creed II and Modern Warfare 2, with the Xbox 360 version selling twice the numbers of the PS3. Both games are highly anticipated titles with stellar reviews.
lols,
Did you forget that the 360 has double the install base of the PS3 in USA?
Data even shows that the PS3 has higher attach rate to games.

LETS GO!

First of all, in November  this is what happened in North America

- Activision and Mocrosoft had exclusive deal to sell LIMITED XBOX 360 CONSOLE WITH 2 CONTROLLERS  for $400.

- Microsoft had deals with major retailers selling the Xbox 360 Arcade for only $99

_ Microsoft bundled the Xbox 360 with 2 controllers and 6 Games all for $299

- The biggest shooter games was released and THE xbox is a beast for FPS.

Microsoft banned 1 million live account just before the release of MW2 and people who wanted to play MW2 with the 360 got another one,

-NOW
    During the same month,

- Sony bundled the PS3 with ONE Controller and 2 games ALL FOR @299
   -- No special PS3 MW2 bundles.

and you must also know that the NPD tracks only USA, and USA doesn't equal the world,
meanwhile total sales for the PS3 in japan in the same month has coverd that NPD gap and even surpassed the 360 world wide for the same month.

Click Here for more.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-368412.0.html#msg5140966
Re: November Npd: Xbox 360 Trounces Ps3, Kosovo Weeps In Despair! by Vacora(m): 8:47pm On Dec 18, 2009
I am loving this tongue
Re: November Npd: Xbox 360 Trounces Ps3, Kosovo Weeps In Despair! by texazzpete(m): 9:29am On Dec 19, 2009
kosovo:

@TEX lols,
Did you forget that the 360 has double the install base of the PS3 in USA?
Data even shows that the PS3 has higher attach rate to games.

LETS GO!

First of all, in November  this is what happened in North America

- Activision and Mocrosoft had exclusive deal to sell LIMITED XBOX 360 CONSOLE WITH 2 CONTROLLERS  for $400.

- Microsoft had deals with major retailers selling the Xbox 360 Arcade for only $99

_ Microsoft bundled the Xbox 360 with 2 controllers and 6 Games all for $299

- The biggest shooter games was released and THE xbox is a beast for FPS.

Microsoft banned 1 million live account just before the release of MW2 and people who wanted to play MW2 with the 360 got another one,

-NOW
    During the same month,

- Sony bundled the PS3 with ONE Controller and 2 games ALL FOR @299
   -- No special PS3 MW2 bundles.

Nice try buddy.
However, it must be noted that the PS3 just got a price drop to $299. And as far as bundle deals are concerned, Sony outed a PS3 Slim 250GB model with Uncharted 2. Microsoft NEVER bundled the 360 with 6 games and 2 pads for $299. Where in the world did you get that info from?

The 'microsoft banned 1 million people from Xbox Live' argument is pretty lame. Microsoft have NEVER released any numbers yet, but it's inconceivable that that number is factual. In fact, the piracy existing on the 360 platform makes their strong software sales pretty significant. When you take away all those 360 owners playing ripped copies of Modern Warfare, the legit sales are even more impressive.

You also fail to take into consideration the growing number of people buying the PS3 primarily as a cheap Blu-ray player.

Good job dodging my analysis on Uncharted 2's sales grin

Also, you must know that the 360 - PS3 install base in the UK are pretty close. So how do you explain the fact that 360 versions of multiplatform titles have been outselling their counterparts on the PS3?

PS: You do make a good point. I should have specifically mentioned i was talking about the US market.
Re: November Npd: Xbox 360 Trounces Ps3, Kosovo Weeps In Despair! by kosovo(m): 10:18am On Dec 19, 2009
@TEX
you said PS3 OWNERS ARE BLU-RAY PLAYERS shocked?

OKAY! lets play games sales,

figures are about month old. . .

Banjo Kazooie 0.6 million
Ninety-Nine Nights 0.38 million
Ace Combat 6 0.72 million
Lost Odyssey 0.82 million
Blue Dragon 0.53 million
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 0.2 million
Too Human 0.64 million
Scene-It 0.53 million
Scene-It box office smash 0.46 million
Chromehounds 0.4 million
Shadowrun 0.39 million
You're in the movies 0.43 million
Lips 0.5 million
Prey 0.28 million
Tenchu Z 0.33 million
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise: 0.33 million
MotoGP '06, 0.26 million
Ninja Blade 0.17 million
Viva Piñata: Party animals 0.17 million
The Idol Master: 0.07 million
Leisure Suit Larry Box office Bust 0.07 million
Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad 0.05 million
Lips #1 Hits: 0.04 million
Ridge Racer 6 0.2 million

Timed exclusive flops

Ninja Gaiden 2 0.96 million
Tales of Vesperia 0.45 million
Alone in the Dark 0.39 million
Vampire Rain 0.15 million
Eternal Sonata 0.24 million
Overlord II 0.18 million
Overlord 0.41 million
Infinite Undiscovery 0.54 million
Star Ocean IV 0.55 million
Last remnant 0.59 million
Beautiful Katamari 0.26 million
C&C3:RA 0.29 million

Multiplat 360 flops

SFIV PS3 = 1.45 million, 360 = 1.29 million
DMC4 PS3 = 1.26 million, 360 = 1.17 million
VF5 PS3 = 0.5 million, 360 = 0.2 million
Batman Arkham asylum PS3 = 1.26 million 360 = 1.06 m
Burnout Paradise PS3 1.12 million X360 1.09 million
Dynasty Warriors 6 PS3 0.62 million X360 0.27 million
Bladestorm PS3 0.22 million X360 0.09 million
Tekken 6 PS3 0.56 million X360 0.26 million

MOre? ?

Good job dodging my analysis on Uncharted 2's sales

it has sold close to 2 million copies, Naughty dog had hope for 2.5 MILLION life time sales, and it would easily exceed that this month, reason being the tons of Game of the year award it has won.

Sony has too many games that appeal to different people,
  XBOX has been know for shooters, that why the sales were were that, take a look at the sale track for other xbox 360 genre above smiley
   When Grand torismo 5 comes out, you can talk about sales. . grin
Re: November Npd: Xbox 360 Trounces Ps3, Kosovo Weeps In Despair! by audacious: 1:36am On Dec 20, 2009
This is so wrong as a moderator. You prefer the PS3 over the Xbox 360 fine we all get that, but don't go cooking up stories or giving us your myopic views.

First off, Ninja Gaiden II has sold over a million copies on the Xbox- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja_Gaiden_II_%282008_video_game%29  (Go to the end and read the last line),  http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ninja-gaiden-ii-sales-top-1-million

I never expected a mod to be so biased, going as far as posting sales records of relatively unknown games to buttress your point (seriously, who is going to buy Scene it or The idol Master). Post Sales records for Gears of war 1 and 2, Halo 3, Forza Motor sport 2 or Fable II.

For those who want the truth about game sales go here for the Xbox 360- http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?console=X360  and here for the PS3- http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=&console=PS3&publisher=&genre=&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Total

Because it's quite clear that the only thing Kosovo's "Moderating" is the PS3.

*and looking at the figures got me thinking, texazzpete has a point about PS3 owners being blue-ray players.
Re: November Npd: Xbox 360 Trounces Ps3, Kosovo Weeps In Despair! by kosovo(m): 2:35am On Dec 20, 2009
This is so wrong as a moderator. You prefer the PS3 over the Xbox 360 fine we all get that, but don't go cooking up stories or giving us your myopic views.
   For your Information, Gaming is not like other Kind of Entertainment,
    Even Aron Greenberg has big mouths, when the 360 outsells the PS3, he downplay the competition, but it vice-versa, he hides under the rocks.
   Have also forgotten when President Obama mentioned PS3 in one of his speech, it made headlines, reason being that he has always talked about the 360.
   Tune 10, have several time downplayed Polyphony Digital, as gave Froza 3 the definitive driving simulator, but when Froza 3 came out, it sold about 170k in US, first month.
    it is not that i have deleted any pro 3box 360 article or anti PS3 Article. .
          So  I don't Know where you are coming from,

Some people like FPS, dislike TPS, some prefere Sandbox, other may like JRPG, WRPG or Driving sims, Etc, This list Goes on. .

For those who want the truth about game sales go here for the Xbox 360- http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?console=X360  and here for the PS3- http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=&console=PS3&publisher=&genre=&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Total

It's is funny you are bringing VGCHATZ into the issue,
   A website owned by a microsoft Fanboy who was banned at neogaf,
       comparing A single website with companies that are dedicated to give analysis on game sales is hilarious. shocked
  regarding the sales, thats why i said more than one month of sales data, so it varies.
Re: November Npd: Xbox 360 Trounces Ps3, Kosovo Weeps In Despair! by audacious: 8:11am On Dec 20, 2009
Well at least I gave links to support my posts and nice of you to dodge the Ninja Gaiden II issue. If you say the sales records on VGcharts are altered because the site is owned by an Xbox fan boy, give me an "independent" site which disproves the sales of Halo3 or Gears of War. You keep bashing the xbox 360 exclusives yet none of the PS3 exclusives have (so far) matched the best selling Xbox 360 exclusives (which I might add you have so far failed to mention).

What I'm saying is as a mod and a gaming fan, you should at least give negatives of both consoles while giving analysis. Me I'm not pro Sony or Xbox 360 and I'm pissed when either has exclusives cos that means I'm gonna miss out, but I just would never understand Fan boy-ism especially as most fan boys don't own the other console they hate.
Re: November Npd: Xbox 360 Trounces Ps3, Kosovo Weeps In Despair! by kosovo(m): 10:08am On Dec 20, 2009
If you say the sales records on VGcharts are altered because the site is owned by an Xbox fan boy, give me an "independent" site which disproves the sales of Halo3 or Gears of War. You keep bashing the xbox 360 exclusives yet none of the PS3 exclusives have (so far) matched the best selling Xbox 360 exclusives (which I might add you have so far failed to mention).
  You fail to realize that Halo is Xbox Biggest Franchise, What Sony Has been doing this Gen is to promote New IPs and possible create new genres - HEAVY RAIN. etc
  AS HALO is to XBOX,
       MARIO is to NINTENDO. so also
       GRAND TORISMO is to PLAYSTATION.

both Microsoft and Nintendo  have seen several release of their biggest franchise.

But Sony hasn't droped te Gun on Grand Torismo yet.
       PlayStation will see the release of its biggest Franchise Next YEAR march in japan and summer in NA/Europe,  When Grand torismo 5 comes out you can talk about sales. cheesy
Re: November Npd: Xbox 360 Trounces Ps3, Kosovo Weeps In Despair! by audacious: 10:48am On Dec 20, 2009
kosovo:

You fail to realize that Halo is Xbox Biggest Franchise, What Sony Has been doing this Gen is to promote New IPs and possible create new genres - HEAVY RAIN. etc
  AS HALO is to XBOX,
       MARIO is to NINTENDO. so also
       GRAND TORISMO is to PLAYSTATION.

both Microsoft and Nintendo  have seen several release of their biggest franchise.

But Sony hasn't droped te Gun on Grand Torismo yet.
       PlayStation will see the release of its biggest Franchise Next YEAR march in japan and summer in NA/Europe,  When Grand torismo 5 comes out you can talk about sales. cheesy

Failed to understand what?, if Halo is Xbox's biggest franchise I guess that's why you conveniently left it out when giving your xbox exclusives sales figures. Gears was this gen on the xbox and it was a success. Since you dodged again, I'll give it a rest. See you when Gran Turismo drops (I ain't holding my breath though, the same was said of Killzone 2 and we all know how that one turned out)
Re: November Npd: Xbox 360 Trounces Ps3, Kosovo Weeps In Despair! by kosovo(m): 10:59am On Dec 20, 2009
audacious:

Failed to understand what?, if Halo is Xbox's biggest franchise I guess that's why you conveniently left it out when giving your xbox exclusives sales figures. Gears was this gen on the xbox and it was a success. Since you dodged again, I'll give it a rest. See you when Gran Turismo drops (I ain't holding my breath though, the same was said of Killzone 2 and we all know how that one turned out)
kILLZONE 1 was mediocre, hence poor sales of K2, but K3 should do better
no Grand Torismo series has sold less than 10 million copies cheesy
Re: November Npd: Xbox 360 Trounces Ps3, Kosovo Weeps In Despair! by texazzpete(m): 1:06pm On Dec 21, 2009
kosovo:

It's is funny you are bringing VGCHATZ into the issue,
A website owned by a microsoft Fanboy who was banned at neogaf,
comparing A single website with companies that are dedicated to give analysis on game sales is hilarious. shocked
regarding the sales, thats why i said more than one month of sales data, so it varies.

Kosovo
You used VGCHARTZ as a source in your article on PS3 outselling Xbox 360.
Why the hypocrisy now?
I refer to the article in this link below
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-368412.0.html#msg5140966
Re: November Npd: Xbox 360 Trounces Ps3, Kosovo Weeps In Despair! by texazzpete(m): 1:09pm On Dec 21, 2009
kosovo:

@TEX
you said PS3 OWNERS ARE BLU-RAY PLAYERS shocked?

OKAY! lets play games sales,

figures are about month old. . .

Banjo Kazooie 0.6 million
Ninety-Nine Nights 0.38 million
Ace Combat 6 0.72 million
Lost Odyssey 0.82 million
Blue Dragon 0.53 million
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 0.2 million
Too Human 0.64 million
Scene-It 0.53 million
Scene-It box office smash 0.46 million
Chromehounds 0.4 million
Shadowrun 0.39 million
You're in the movies 0.43 million
Lips 0.5 million
Prey 0.28 million
Tenchu Z 0.33 million
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise: 0.33 million
MotoGP '06, 0.26 million
Ninja Blade 0.17 million
Viva Piñata: Party animals 0.17 million
The Idol Master: 0.07 million
Leisure Suit Larry Box office Bust 0.07 million
Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad 0.05 million
Lips #1 Hits: 0.04 million
Ridge Racer 6 0.2 million

Timed exclusive flops

Ninja Gaiden 2 0.96 million
Tales of Vesperia 0.45 million
Alone in the Dark 0.39 million
Vampire Rain 0.15 million
Eternal Sonata 0.24 million
Overlord II 0.18 million
Overlord 0.41 million
Infinite Undiscovery 0.54 million
Star Ocean IV 0.55 million
Last remnant 0.59 million
Beautiful Katamari 0.26 million
C&C3:RA 0.29 million

Multiplat 360 flops

SFIV PS3 = 1.45 million, 360 = 1.29 million
DMC4 PS3 = 1.26 million, 360 = 1.17 million
VF5 PS3 = 0.5 million, 360 = 0.2 million
Batman Arkham asylum PS3 = 1.26 million 360 = 1.06 m
Burnout Paradise PS3 1.12 million X360 1.09 million
Dynasty Warriors 6 PS3 0.62 million X360 0.27 million
Bladestorm PS3 0.22 million X360 0.09 million
Tekken 6 PS3 0.56 million X360 0.26 million

Kosovo
Provide your source. it's extremely bad practice to do this without linking to the source where you mined your data. Please modify your post ASAP and i'll respond.
Re: November Npd: Xbox 360 Trounces Ps3, Kosovo Weeps In Despair! by Nobody: 4:54am On Dec 23, 2009
your best source should be vgchartz.com , Ps3 outsold 360 every week of November. NPD only tracks US sales not worldwide. Ps3 is selling over 100k more than 360 every week.
Re: November Npd: Xbox 360 Trounces Ps3, Kosovo Weeps In Despair! by kosovo(m): 6:24am On Dec 23, 2009
9jaganja:

your best source should be vgchartz.com , Ps3 outsold 360 every week of November. NPD only tracks US sales not worldwide. Ps3 is selling over 100k more than 360 every week.
But do you know VGCHARTZ edits their estimates everytime NPD and MEDIACREATE releases their data.
they also undertrack the sales of PS3, and overtrack the sales of the 360.

@tex, thanks, it was an miscalculated human error cheesy
Re: November Npd: Xbox 360 Trounces Ps3, Kosovo Weeps In Despair! by PrinceA3: 5:49pm On Jan 22, 2010
All,

PS3 120GB Slim Style for only N56k. Brand new and sealed in the box. We are trying to clear our US inventory.

Please pre-order at princemill03@yahoo.com. You are not paying anything till you pickup the systems. We just

need to know the number of systems to ship to Lagos, Abuja and Accra. Please specify your location in eMail.

You can also pre-order any game (Disk) at very cheap prices: just send me an email.

Refer a freind and we will give you a N1000 purchase credit for future buy. Or 2GB flash drive

Thanks,

Prince

(1) (Reply)

Can Ps3 4.11 Jailbreak / This Is The Best Android Car Race Game For Nigerians / New Game Called 'my Oga At The Top' Featuring Nscdc's Obafaiye Shem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.