Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,445 members, 7,830,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Religious Misery(must Read) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Misery(must Read) (3844 Views)

Cure For Religious Misery / I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. / MMM: The Beginning Of Misery. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 17, 2017
Pastafarian:

he didn't fulfill the messianic prophesy
Lies. Tell me the messianic prophesy He didn't fulfill.
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by ScepticalPyrrho: 4:23pm On Mar 17, 2017
Junia:

Have you observed evolution with your own eyes ??
Atheists are just hypocrites.
Since no-one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an ongoing endeavor, are you not believing someones opinion with no evidence
Not all atheist accepts evolutionary theories as true.
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by Pastafarian: 4:40pm On Mar 17, 2017
Junia:
go to Judaism and Jewish websites to educate yourself on them
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 17, 2017
Pastafarian:

go to Judaism and Jewish websites to educate yourself on them
Bring them here and lemme prove you wrong. You just read anything at all and think it is right. Just bring it here
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 17, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Not all atheist accepts evolutionary theories as true.
So what point are you trying to make ??
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by Pastafarian: 5:41pm On Mar 17, 2017
Junia:

Bring them here and lemme prove you wrong. You just read anything at all and think it is right. Just bring it here

Prove me wrong? how? am I making any claim? seems you've lost track of this discussion

go to them (those whose ancestors lived in Jesus' time and saw him live) and prove you (whose ancestors didn't know Jesus existed) know more about Jesus than them; same way they can come to you and prove they know more about Murtala Mohammed than our historians
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 17, 2017
Pastafarian:

Prove me wrong? how? am I making any claim? seems you've lost track of this discussion

go to them (those whose ancestors lived in Jesus' time and saw him live) and prove you (whose ancestors didn't know Jesus existed) know more about Jesus than them; same way they can come to you and prove they know more about Murtala Mohammed than our historians
You said He didn't fulfill the messianic prophecy right. Just list the messianic prophecy and lets see whether He fulfilled it or not.
And billions of the people who lived in Jesus' days believed in Him. So we have a 50/50 situation now.
So just list the messianic prophecy and lets check whether He actually fulfilled it or not.

Waiting ☺
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by Pastafarian: 6:32pm On Mar 17, 2017
Junia:

You said He didn't fulfill the messianic prophecy right. Just list the messianic prophecy and lets see whether He fulfilled it or not.
And billions of the people who lived in Jesus' days believed in Him. So we have a 50/50 situation now.
So just list the messianic prophecy and lets check whether He actually fulfilled it or not.

Waiting ☺

google ain't far away, use it; FYI the Jews said he didn't fulfil any of the messianic prophesies

let me help you since you're new to the internet http://www.aish.com/jw/s/48892792.html?mobile=yes

but the Jews must know less about Jesus because they saw him live unlike a Nigerian that was privileged to have been given the Bible after its been written, rewritten, revised, rewritten, translated, retranslated, reretranslated, translated again, had some words removed, had some words added, revised again, then a council decided the parts that are worthy and those that aren't, then revised again, retranslated, reretranslated, handed over to your ancestors, translated again, retranslated again

and stop telling blatant lies, Jesus was not known by "billions of people" who lived in his time because

1. population of the whole world was most likely not up to a billion during Jesus time

2.Jesus was not known much outside Israel

tell another lie
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by obinna58(m): 7:12pm On Mar 17, 2017
Pastafarian:

he's actually right but Nigerians were able to know Jesus was the saviour when the Jews (who lived with him) think otherwise

grin grin
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 17, 2017
Pastafarian:

google ain't far away, use it; FYI the Jews said he didn't fulfil any of the messianic prophesies

let me help you since you're new to the internet http://www.aish.com/jw/s/48892792.html?mobile=yes

but the Jews must know less about Jesus because they saw him live unlike a Nigerian that was privileged to have been given the Bible after its been written, rewritten, revised, rewritten, translated, retranslated, reretranslated, translated again, had some words removed, had some words added, revised again, then a council decided the parts that are worthy and those that aren't, then revised again, retranslated, reretranslated, handed over to your ancestors, translated again, retranslated again

and stop telling blatant lies, Jesus was not known by "billions of people" who lived in his time because

1. population of the whole world was most likely not up to a billion during Jesus time

2.Jesus was not known much outside Israel

tell another lie
I have read it. These people just twist the scriptures to suit their arguement.
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by Pastafarian: 8:26pm On Mar 17, 2017
Junia:

how cute.

like I said, you know more about Jesus through a book than the Jews whose ancestors lived with him
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 17, 2017
Pastafarian:

how cute.

like I said, you know more about Jesus through a book than the Jews whose ancestors lived with him

You can't stand on this point.
There were billions of these same jews who believed in Him.
How about them
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by Pastafarian: 9:51pm On Mar 17, 2017
Junia:

You can't stand on this point.
There were billions of these same jews who believed in Him.
How about them

"billions"? stop lying

Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by MrMontella(m): 10:30pm On Mar 17, 2017
Junia:

Have you observed evolution with your own eyes ??
Atheists are just hypocrites.
Since no-one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an ongoing endeavor, are you not believing someones opinion with no evidence
.sir, evolution has been totally observed, countless times Sir.
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by MrMontella(m): 10:33pm On Mar 17, 2017
Junia:

them many na

he was not born of the seed of David,
he didn't rebuild the temple,
didn't unite the Jew's
was not a king, etc
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by Pastafarian: 10:38pm On Mar 17, 2017
MrMontella:

them many na

didn't unite the Jew's
was not a king, etc

you missed his reply

according to this guy that read a book on Jesus, he knows more than those that lived during his time

Junia:

Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by Nobody: 10:56pm On Mar 17, 2017
MrMontella:
.sir, evolution has been totally observed, countless times Sir.
Lies
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 17, 2017
Pastafarian:

"billions"? stop lying
I should stop lying. Do you know the number of Jews who believed in Jesus ??
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by Pastafarian: 11:14pm On Mar 17, 2017
Junia:

I should stop lying. Do you know the number of Jews who believed in Jesus ??

definitely not up to a billion

majority of Jews don't believe in him

infact the word "Jews" and "Judaism" are used interchangeably for a reason because when you identify as a Jew you're assumed to be a Judaism adherent

the number of Jews who believe Jesus is the Messiah is infinitesimal compared to those that don't

let me shock you, there are far more Muslims in Israel than there are Christians

Judaism forms 75% of religion in israel, Islam is 17% while Christianity makes a Whooping, staggering, massive and huge 2%

so please, don't tell blatant lies again
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 17, 2017
MrMontella:

them many na

didn't unite the Jew's
was not a king, etc

Romans 1:3 The Good News is about his Son. In his earthly life He was born into King David's family line.

Jesus says, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” Of course, Jesus is speaking of rebuilding a temple—not of stone and nails, but of living stones ( 1 Peter 2:5 ). Yet many refused to grasp this teaching. When Jesus died, the veil in the earthly temple ripped in two from the top to bottom, signifying that the temple no longer held meaning. A temple for sacrifice today would be as useless as it was then, and it would not be the house of God.
The New Testament is replete with the idea that the temple is the body of Jesus. Ephesians 2:19–22 says, “Ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God: And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.” (See also 1 Peter 2:5 .)
Even after God provides all this clear evidence that His temple is a spiritual one, many Christians are waiting for the Jews to receive a construction permit to rebuild a physical temple. However, there is no prophecy, promise, or commandment in the Bible that says the physical temple would ever be rebuilt after the Romans razed it nearly 2,000 years ago.

Uniting the jews, i dont know much about that. And since the Bible didnt record everything Jesus did, i cannot say anything concerning that.

He was the King of the Jews
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by Nobody: 11:30pm On Mar 17, 2017
Pastafarian:

definitely not up to a billion

majority of Jews don't believe in him

infact the word "Jews" and "Judaism" are used interchangeably for a reason because when you identify as a Jew you're assumed to be a Judaism adherent

the number of Jews who believe Jesus is the Messiah is infinitesimal compared to those that don't

let me shock you, there are far more Muslims in Israel than there are Christians

Judaism forms 75% of religion in israel, Islam is 17% while Christianity makes a Whooping, staggering, massive and huge 2%

so please, don't tell blatant lies again
You are talking about now. I am also talking about then. We He came
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by Pastafarian: 11:35pm On Mar 17, 2017
Junia:

You are talking about now. I am also talking about then. We He came

when he came? what are you talking about?

even when he was alive, Jews just saw him as a messenger not the Messiah and that's why majority of the Jews today follow suit

are you by any chance claiming majority of the Jews believed he was the Messiah when he was alive and generations after didn't? if that's your claim I need proof for that; I've been backing up my point with proof, its time you do the same; bring it on
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by Wilgrea7(m): 11:48pm On Mar 17, 2017
Pastafarian:

for one book shocked .. anyways, can you help me with a credible link to the addition and removal of words into the bible... i only know of books removed.... thanks in advance
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by Nobody: 11:48pm On Mar 17, 2017
Pastafarian:

when he came? what are you talking about?

even when he was alive, Jews just saw him as a messenger not the Messiah and that's why majority of the Jews today follow suit

are you by any chance claiming majority of the Jews believed he was the Messiah when he was alive and generations after didn't? if that's your claim I need proof for that; I've been backing up my point with proof, its time you do the same; bring it on
We cant prove it
Statistics are not accurate
But many jews believed in Him and others didn't
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by Pastafarian: 12:07am On Mar 18, 2017
Junia:
We cant prove it Statistics are not accurate But many jews believed in Him and others didn't
so, your only claim so far has no proof
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by Pastafarian: 12:09am On Mar 18, 2017
Wilgrea7:

for one book shocked .. anyways, can you help me with a credible link to the addition and removal of words into the bible... i only know of books removed.... thanks in advance

http://personman.com/6-added-passages

http://yuriystasyuk.com/top-ten-deleted-bible-verses-that-were-not-in-the-original-text/
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by Wilgrea7(m): 12:32am On Mar 18, 2017
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by dungas30(m): 4:38am On Mar 18, 2017
GOOD WRITE UPS BUT NO POINT TO DEFEND UR COURSE JUST STORIES TO WAIST DATA
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by delishpot: 7:25am On Mar 18, 2017
obinna58:

Africans really must be very wise
From where did u get that Israelis are waiting for the savior
They counted as nonreligious country, do u know what that means undecided

Isreal is a very religious country. Judaism is very important to Isreal.
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by bolkay47(m): 7:57am On Mar 18, 2017
delishpot:

Isreal is a very religious country. Judaism is very important to Isreal.
I wonder where he got his stats from. lol

1 Like

Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by Pastafarian: 9:34am On Mar 18, 2017
Wilgrea7:

wow... i only knew of the Trinity verse... didn't know of others... thanks

anytime
Re: Religious Misery(must Read) by lagoslandlord(m): 9:43am On Mar 18, 2017
God is real but religion is Slavery...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

13 Things No One Ever Told You About The Dreaded Ogboni Fraternity / Original Sin: The Conflict Between Catholic And Pentecostal. / Nigerian "Men Of God" And Their Prophecies & Miracles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.