Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

10 Things To Pack When You Travel - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Things To Pack When You Travel (5559 Views)

With 16500 Security Agents Will Allow You Travel From Lagos To Abuja Despite Ban / When Last Did You Travel To The Village? / Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things To Pack When You Travel by Glory12345(f): 4:59pm On Mar 14, 2017
This is the scenario every first-time traveler finds themselves in as they prepare to embark on their intrepid journey. In fact, this is the scenario I continue to find myself in every time I get ready to set off on another jaunt across the globe (you never learn!). So, in an attempt to refine the arduous task of packing your backpack – here is a list of things that you absolutely, categorically, unconditionally should bring with you as you leave – everything is can be sorted out at a later date:

1) A good phone – if you feel the need to stay connected (as I do) then avoid the temptation to bring your Your phone just get the itel s31 and have yourself comfortable. Ask your sister for her crap hand-me-down, make sure it’s unlocked for all networks and your good to go, without the fear of getting mugged!

2) Flash drive/USB pen: The bigger the better, (16GB, 32GB) Either way, they are a great way to back up your priceless travel pics not to mention all the music and movies you can, and will, ‘borrow’ from your fellow travelers

3) Tablets: Echinacea and Multivitamins – absolutely. Echinacea to keep all the standard traveling ailments at bay (read common cold etc) and multivitamins to supplement your diet of foreign beer and local food

4) Padlock: you often can use hostel lockers for free but you will need your own lock. Also, it stops opportunistic straying hands from entering the depths of your rucksack

5) Money:

Cards: Bring at least 2 cards, preferably one Visa and one Mastercard as both aren’t accepted everywhere. Keep them separate so you’re not entirely screwed when you get pick pocketed by the local rapscallion. If you have to take only one, take visa – it’s generally more widely accepted.

$200 Cash: Don’t shout it from the rooftops but this is a real necessity, just keep in hidden somewhere obscure (who’s going to want to rummage around your dirty underwear on the off chance of finding some cash). This will be a godsend when the one cash machine in the town your in doesn’t work, you have no way to contact anyone, it’s raining and you really, really need somewhere to sleep!

6) Havianas: These have to be the most comfortable, robust, durable and effortlessly cool flipflops on the market. Buy the originals and they’ll last you the whole trip – a much better investment than the 8 cheap copies you will continually buy as you wander around Asia!

7) Documents: This includes photocopies of your passport, driving license and travel insurance. Also, bring at least 6 passport photos too – true it might be cheaper to get them done in another country but when you’re at a border, and you can’t get through without a couple, you’ll be delighted at yourself for having the foresight to have a few wedged somewhere in your wallet.

8 ) A journal, a pen and a bag of motivation: Keeping a journal can seem like a real chore and no doubt it is hard work but when you get home you’ll have wished you were more diligent with it. So maximize your chances of writing regularly and bring all the things you need to stay up to date.

9) Mini medi-kit: I really mean mini – all you ‘really’ need is a box of plasters/band-aids, a pair of small scissors, a bottle of iodine and some decent painkillers. Anything that requires more probably also requires a trip to the doctors where they will invariably have a much bigger array of materials at their disposal.

10) Condoms: As the traveling mantra so wisely states “Take only memories and leave only footprints”, so pay heed to this, relish the memories and don’t feel the need to take back a nice bout of syphilis to remind you of the great time you had overseas!

And a few things not to bring…

Sunglasses – you’ll be able to buy a pair of Raybans (of dubious originality) for a dollar or two on every street corner

Any white clothing – they might look fresh and clean now but after a week or two of traveling, some dodgy handwashing and getting whacked back in your bag every day, fresh and clean they won’t be for long!

Toploading rucksack/backpack. This deserves a special mention to be honest – try your utmost to get a rucksack that opens along a side zip. I have watched countless people struggle with getting their favourite Tshirt from the bottom of their toploading bag, having to remove everything! Don’t be one of them!

Ok, so I think that about wraps up the bag packing session. Try not to take too much, even for a long trip anything over 15kgs is excessive and realistically 10-12kg is perfect. Good luck and safe travels…

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Pack When You Travel by Teeboy22(m): 10:44pm On Mar 14, 2017
Noted
Re: 10 Things To Pack When You Travel by Glory12345(f): 9:09am On Mar 15, 2017
Lol cheesy
Teeboy22:
Noted
Re: 10 Things To Pack When You Travel by kio052001(m): 2:08pm On Mar 15, 2017
kondomz
undecided me have only been on holy trip
Re: 10 Things To Pack When You Travel by kio052001(m): 2:09pm On Mar 15, 2017
kondomz
undecided me have only been on holy trip
Re: 10 Things To Pack When You Travel by smithblink0052(f): 6:39pm On Mar 15, 2017
hahahahaha I will. carry good itelS31 phone and money while my bf will carry d condom for deliverance

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Pack When You Travel by nada4u0052(f): 7:20pm On Mar 15, 2017
kio052001:

kondomz

undecided
me have only been on holy trip
hahahahaha if I hear am .. boys like u can forget der itelS31 phone cos of condom
Re: 10 Things To Pack When You Travel by kio052001(m): 9:59pm On Mar 15, 2017
nada4u0052:

hahahahaha if I hear am .. boys like u can forget der itelS31 phone cos of condom
any day, any time I'll go with the Itel S31
Re: 10 Things To Pack When You Travel by nada4u0052(f): 11:35pm On Mar 16, 2017
[quote author=kio052001 post=54627225] any day, any time I'll go with the Itel S31 [/quote lovely .. I don't blame you cos even me I will prefer itelS31 any day
Re: 10 Things To Pack When You Travel by kio052001(m): 4:29pm On Mar 17, 2017
[quote author=nada4u0052 post=54662260][/quote] the Itel S31 mobile phone is worth every penny you spend acquiring it, trust me
Re: 10 Things To Pack When You Travel by Shadedtee: 8:08am On Mar 23, 2017
A good selfie look home like itel S31 is more important to capture beautiful moments
Re: 10 Things To Pack When You Travel by Glory12345(f): 5:37pm On Aug 21, 2017
Don't forget to pack your phone to listen to music too, and if youre a user of itel better get the p51 for loud music.
Re: 10 Things To Pack When You Travel by Gforce2019: 9:41pm On Jul 27, 2019
smithblink0052:
hahahahaha I will. carry good itelS31 phone and money while my bf will carry d condom for deliverance

Is he a pastor?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

To Travel Or Use A Parcel Delivery Service? / Dubai Shopping Festival (PIX Uploaded) / Dear Friends, Has Anyone Got Student Visa To Canada Through Maple Education?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.