Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,105 members, 7,849,441 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:40 PM

Absence Of Efcc Witness Stalls Fani-kayode’s Trial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Absence Of Efcc Witness Stalls Fani-kayode’s Trial (435 Views)

Thabo Mbeki And Buhari At The Commissioning Of EFCC Headquarters In Abuja / Court Refuses To Stay Further Proceeding In Fani-kayode Trial / What Is The Full Meaning Of EFCC? See Hilarious Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Absence Of Efcc Witness Stalls Fani-kayode’s Trial by phosky(m): 7:17pm On Mar 14, 2017
ABSENCE OF EFCC WITNESS STALLS FANI-KAYODE’S TRIAL
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/03/absence-of-efcc-witness-stalls-fani.html

The failure of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to produce its first witness on Tuesday stalled the trial of former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, before a Federal High Court, Abuja.
Fani-Kayode is currently standing trial on a five-count of alleged money laundering.
He was accused of collecting N26m from the office of the former National Security Adviser, retired Col. Sambo Dasuki, and using same for media campaigns.
It would be recalled that at the last sitting on February 6, Fani-Kayode’s counsel, Mr Ahmed Raji (SAN), sought for an adjournment to enable him go through the files as he was new in the case.
He said, “My lord, I am just coming into the case, I will need time to go through the file, so I will like to crave the indulgence of the court to enable me familiarise myself with the case.”
However, at the resumed hearing, counsel to EFCC, Johnson Ojogbane, informed the court that the witness to testify today was unavoidably absent.
Ojogbane said: “I was informed that the witness was around, but I do not know why he was absent in court.
“This is the first time we are asking for an adjournment, and I am pleading with the court to grant our request,’’ he said.
The application for the adjournment was not opposed by the defence counsel.
Justice John Tsoho adjourned the case till April 25 for the commencement of trial.

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Efcc Witness Stalls Fani-kayode’s Trial by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 14, 2017
phosky:
ABSENCE OF EFCC WITNESS STALLS FANI-KAYODE’S TRIAL
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/03/absence-of-efcc-witness-stalls-fani.html

The failure of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to produce its first witness on Tuesday stalled the trial of former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, before a Federal High Court, Abuja.
Fani-Kayode is currently standing trial on a five-count of alleged money laundering.
He was accused of collecting N26m from the office of the former National Security Adviser, retired Col. Sambo Dasuki, and using same for media campaigns.
It would be recalled that at the last sitting on February 6, Fani-Kayode’s counsel, Mr Ahmed Raji (SAN), sought for an adjournment to enable him go through the files as he was new in the case.
He said, “My lord, I am just coming into the case, I will need time to go through the file, so I will like to crave the indulgence of the court to enable me familiarise myself with the case.”
However, at the resumed hearing, counsel to EFCC, Johnson Ojogbane, informed the court that the witness to testify today was unavoidably absent.
Ojogbane said: “I was informed that the witness was around, but I do not know why he was absent in court.
“This is the first time we are asking for an adjournment, and I am pleading with the court to grant our request,’’ he said.
The application for the adjournment was not opposed by the defence counsel.
Justice John Tsoho adjourned the case till April 25 for the commencement of trial.

Ordinary #26 million
Re: Absence Of Efcc Witness Stalls Fani-kayode’s Trial by thinkdip(m): 8:02pm On Mar 14, 2017
Another nonsense by this government, always acting drama.

(1) (Reply)

2017 African Child Prize. / JUST IN: Ifeanyi Uba Arrested, Detained By DSS / Dino Melaye Shares Throwback Convocation Photos With Parents And Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.