Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Nigerian Women Testify Against Catholic Priest Who Wanted To Rape Them - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Women Testify Against Catholic Priest Who Wanted To Rape Them (37297 Views)

Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Reacts To Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo / Ozubulu Killing: Priest Who Officiated The Mass During The Attack Speaks / Priest Who Marked Independence On Refuse Dump In Owerri Sent On Transfer. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Women Testify Against Catholic Priest Who Wanted To Rape Them by hatchy(f): 9:29am On Mar 15, 2017
[quote author=dollyjoy post=54593287] Jeez!! God is merciful!embarassed[/quot
At this juncture, I comment my reserve because everything is under alarm no cause for control.
Re: Nigerian Women Testify Against Catholic Priest Who Wanted To Rape Them by FavoredGuy: 9:29am On Mar 15, 2017
unto:
The ladies that fall prey to this are those that have the zeal to work in God's vineyard but always met a disappointed fate when meeting those men of God for counseling
Gakiya ne! Eziokwu ka i kwuru. Na true u talk, walahi!!! It's very disheartening and painful. May God help and save us.
Re: Nigerian Women Testify Against Catholic Priest Who Wanted To Rape Them by Nwachukwu1986(m): 9:30am On Mar 15, 2017
First of all I want to thank u uba for acknowledging that a priest is a human with blood flowing via his veins, but is not an excuse to misbehave cos they were trained to endure. When such happens pls don't use it against a priest of God always pray for them cos is not easy. Ur prayesd can go a long way to give them grace to carry on with their chastity vows.

#proudlyexseminarian
#proudly roman catholic
I stand with a priest of God
Re: Nigerian Women Testify Against Catholic Priest Who Wanted To Rape Them by monex(m): 9:32am On Mar 15, 2017
Ttrrffyyghuuh:
I read that story but i didn't see a case of rape there, he tried to "sweet-talk" you into getting your panties down, rape is "forced" its a strong word, and i believe as an adult she should know how and when to use it. But seeing its a clergyman his actions are still condemn-able

Been a Catholic I would naturally be annoyed and on the defensive when such allegations are put forward .

On one hand, let truth be told, it wouldn't be fair to vilify the victims especially if their allegations are true , rather all our indignation should be directed towards those who would pull the Catholic and Christian faith as a whole .to the mud.

I can only sympathize with the victims..

On the other hand lets not be quick to dispense judgment, yes they are men of God but they are as human as any of us, priests especially .

Most of us cannot do without sex for a month, male or female, some a year, these men go a lifetime, for God's sake not for money..many of these priests are assigned to remote villages to evangelize, turns out it's the villagers who solicit help from them when there's barely enough for them to feed, they have to go and beg from the bigger parishes for their poorer parishioners, (we see them all the time)

Jesuit priests work and earn money
Same with opus dei priests and numeraries..so unlike many others denominations catholic priests aren't after money.. their work and sacrifices over the centuries has spoken for them both the priests and especially the nuns who have taken care of the sick and poor for ages past till present. (foster homes, hospitals and schools for poor and disabled, free catholic attorneys to take up cases for the oppressed (jdpc) and some many others....... her works speak for her)

Their motive is pure, but they falter and we pray for them. It's not easy

My only consolation is the fact that mother church has stood for 2000yrs and would stand for thousands more.

It's older than the ancestors of our ancestors and will see the unborn generations of our unborn generations. Because Its built on Christ directly, the blood of the martyrs and sacrifices of saints. No be today scandal start to rock am, no be tomorrow e go stop but e go still strong.no be roadside Pentecostal church, e old pass Islam sef, 600 years older, no be your mate.

Again I truly sympathize with the victims and pray they get through their trauma and strongly condemn any such lascivious or wanton lifestyle of clergymen, especially in this period of lent

I could not have put it better. Our obedience to the Church and to Christ obliges us to put our sympathies with the victims and not with the priest/clergy.
Re: Nigerian Women Testify Against Catholic Priest Who Wanted To Rape Them by monex(m): 9:34am On Mar 15, 2017
Young03:
most of them are gays
most means over 50%.

even if i assume you are taking a small sample of those you know, did you confirm that over 50% of those you know are gay or you fall into the common trap of a hasty generalization?

I see others including catholics and muslims doing generalizations about other religions/denominations too though.
Re: Nigerian Women Testify Against Catholic Priest Who Wanted To Rape Them by montezz(f): 10:16am On Mar 15, 2017
If I start to talk....
Men of God kwa?
Re: Nigerian Women Testify Against Catholic Priest Who Wanted To Rape Them by NoToPile: 11:21am On Mar 15, 2017
The bible doesn't forbid anyone from marriage .
Re: Nigerian Women Testify Against Catholic Priest Who Wanted To Rape Them by flex04(m): 12:11pm On Mar 15, 2017
Ttrrffyyghuuh:
I read that story but i didn't see a case of rape there, he tried to "sweet-talk" you into getting your panties down, rape is "forced" its a strong word, and i believe as an adult she should know how and when to use it. But seeing its a clergyman his actions are still condemn-able

Been a Catholic I would naturally be annoyed and on the defensive when such allegations are put forward .

On one hand, let truth be told, it wouldn't be fair to vilify the victims especially if their allegations are true , rather all our indignation should be directed towards those who would pull the Catholic and Christian faith as a whole .to the mud.

I can only sympathize with the victims..

On the other hand lets not be quick to dispense judgment, yes they are men of God but they are as human as any of us, priests especially .

Most of us cannot do without sex for a month, male or female, some a year, these men go a lifetime, for God's sake not for money..many of these priests are assigned to remote villages to evangelize, turns out it's the villagers who solicit help from them when there's barely enough for them to feed, they have to go and beg from the bigger parishes for their poorer parishioners, (we see them all the time)

Jesuit priests work and earn money
Same with opus dei priests and numeraries..so unlike many others denominations catholic priests aren't after money.. their work and sacrifices over the centuries has spoken for them both the priests and especially the nuns who have taken care of the sick and poor for ages past till present. (foster homes, hospitals and schools for poor and disabled, free catholic attorneys to take up cases for the oppressed (jdpc) and some many others....... her works speak for her)

Their motive is pure, but they falter and we pray for them. It's not easy

My only consolation is the fact that mother church has stood for 2000yrs and would stand for thousands more.

It's older than the ancestors of our ancestors and will see the unborn generations of our unborn generations. Because Its built on Christ directly, the blood of the martyrs and sacrifices of saints. No be today scandal start to rock am, no be tomorrow e go stop but e go still strong.no be roadside Pentecostal church, e old pass Islam sef, 600 years older, no be your mate.

Again I truly sympathize with the victims and pray they get through their trauma and strongly condemn any such lascivious or wanton lifestyle of clergymen, especially in this period of lent

i just fell in love with ur analysis....thumbs up
Re: Nigerian Women Testify Against Catholic Priest Who Wanted To Rape Them by sirusX(m): 1:48pm On Mar 15, 2017
One man's action doesn't determine the action of others in a group

Same way each individual is different...in how they think and act (even twins)

Be it a catholic church, pentecostal or even a mosque...for every person trying do good and live life in the right way, there are others willing to do different and live life in immorality.

The leaders of the groups and devoted members are not exempted.

We need to recognize that everyone is human...male and female alike, we are prone to temptations, and whether single or married, there is no assurance of never falling into sin.
Re: Nigerian Women Testify Against Catholic Priest Who Wanted To Rape Them by pamdaniel(m): 1:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
Jessica nwanba, you just succeeded in shooting sporadically without target, the name of the priest makes your allegation substantial, if you have been asulted by a catholic priest, report to the appropriate quarters for investigations and if the priest is found guilty then he is to be punish by the procession of the canon law, either he is defrocked or suspended... the tone of your text sounds more tarnishing than filling a report.
Re: Nigerian Women Testify Against Catholic Priest Who Wanted To Rape Them by comodo: 1:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
I don search for d name of the priest I no see... What kind of this is this.. Na Bollywood omnibus be this??
Please next time do like the Otobo girl and mention name.. Catholics dey get data for their priests and the parish they work in. As I dey now eeh. I for don go ask am some questions, even show him pictures self....
Re: Nigerian Women Testify Against Catholic Priest Who Wanted To Rape Them by Nigeriadondie: 12:39am On Mar 16, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Just look at your moniker, it says Nigeria dundie. Hard to join issues with a doofus don't you think? I'll leave you to your ramblings now.

The Catholic Church you so much love to hate has existed for over 2000 years and will definitely outlive you and I, your rantings regardless.

Try and stifle that urge or craving to quote my moniker unnecessarily. Keep hating the Church, but keep it off my mentions please.
Sure it is u who is the moniker infact u re a brainless swine. Sure cos u re blind u dont know Nigeria is dead. A country with the kind of leaders it has at all level is doomed. Poor infrastructure, weak economy, high level poverty, low life expectancy etc
As for the carholic church it is dying slowly. Go to Europe and the Americas but north and south. Even d current pope admitted it.
So useless boy make u get small sense for that ur coconut head u inherit from ur brainless papa
Re: Nigerian Women Testify Against Catholic Priest Who Wanted To Rape Them by MrrKay(m): 11:52pm On Mar 16, 2017
I read this post on FB!! This blogger just edited some stuff to smoot and make it attractive.
I believe the young lady never mentioned "RAPE" She said her experience with a minister of God. And like and advice to people esp ladies out there.
Please our bloggers stop leading people into shits.
Re: Nigerian Women Testify Against Catholic Priest Who Wanted To Rape Them by leostenus: 5:01pm On Mar 17, 2017
MY DEAR SISTERS, I AM SO HAPPY THAT NOW OF YOU GAVE IN. THUMB UP FOR ALL OF YOU. PLEASE PRAY FOR THESE MEN OF GOD. THE MINISTRY THEY INTO IS A MINISTRY WHICH MAKES A PERPETUAL ENEMY OF THE DEVIL & HIS AGENTS. DEVIL WORKS ROUND THE CLOCK TO BRING THEM DOWN. NB: THESE ARE MEN OF GOD & NOT GOD OF MEN. YOU CAN HELP THEM BY BEING FAR FROM THEM. IF NOT GRACE OF GOD, THERE IS NO WAY OPPOSITE SEX THAT CHERISHED EACH OTHER WILL NOT BE SEXUALLY ATTRACTED TO EACH OTHER. PLS WATCH WHAT YOU PUT ON BEFORE GOING TO THEM, DO NOT STAY IN A ROOM ALONE WITH HIM. I HAVE ALSO RECEIVED SUCH ADVANCE FROM A LADY LAST DECEMBER. MUST ADMIT THAT SO MANY OF THEM ARE SO WEAK BUT YOU ARE TO HELP THEM UP. LASTLY, LET US KNOW THESE MEN HAVE FEELING & WE MUST DO EVERYTHING WE CAN TO HELP THEM. I HUGGED THE LADY AFTER HER ADVANCES(WE SHE GOT HERSELF) AS WAS CRYING, I TOLD HER THAT SHE WAS JUST BEING HUMAN & ENCOURAGED HER TO BE STRONG. SHE CHEERED UP & THANKED ME. PLEASE HELP THE WEAK ONES.
Re: Nigerian Women Testify Against Catholic Priest Who Wanted To Rape Them by leostenus: 5:01pm On Mar 17, 2017
MY DEAR SISTERS, I AM SO HAPPY THAT NONE OF YOU GAVE IN. THUMB UP FOR ALL OF YOU. PLEASE PRAY FOR THESE MEN OF GOD. THE MINISTRY THEY INTO IS A MINISTRY WHICH MAKES A PERPETUAL ENEMY OF THE DEVIL & HIS AGENTS. DEVIL WORKS ROUND THE CLOCK TO BRING THEM DOWN. NB: THESE ARE MEN OF GOD & NOT GOD OF MEN. YOU CAN HELP THEM BY BEING FAR FROM THEM. IF NOT GRACE OF GOD, THERE IS NO WAY OPPOSITE SEX THAT CHERISHED EACH OTHER WILL NOT BE SEXUALLY ATTRACTED TO EACH OTHER. PLS WATCH WHAT YOU PUT ON BEFORE GOING TO THEM, DO NOT STAY IN A ROOM ALONE WITH HIM. I HAVE ALSO RECEIVED SUCH ADVANCE FROM A LADY LAST DECEMBER. MUST ADMIT THAT SO MANY OF THEM ARE SO WEAK BUT YOU ARE TO HELP THEM UP. LASTLY, LET US KNOW THESE MEN HAVE FEELING & WE MUST DO EVERYTHING WE CAN TO HELP THEM. I HUGGED THE LADY AFTER HER ADVANCES(WE SHE GOT HERSELF) AS WAS CRYING, I TOLD HER THAT SHE WAS JUST BEING HUMAN & ENCOURAGED HER TO BE STRONG. SHE CHEERED UP & THANKED ME. PLEASE HELP THE WEAK ONES.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Who Started 2017 As A Promiscuous Girl Finds Love In Jesus / Apostle Daniel Agharandukun Ololo Prays With Red Candles On Church Altar / Paul Adefarasin apologizes to Lagos govt, chides crowd at ‘The Experience’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.