Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,202 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) (24296 Views)

Majek Fashek Blasts Soundcity For Saying His Music Videos Are Not good Enough / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) / Majek Fashek Performs At COZA Christmas Carol In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by kullozone(m): 10:46am On Mar 15, 2017
Lol
Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 15, 2017
Bros
Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by campusflavour: 10:51am On Mar 15, 2017
Mr majek did u not steal redemption song, I remember the video u were at a river bank with guitar? Did u write that one too?
Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by olatpic(m): 10:54am On Mar 15, 2017
hmm
Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by SmartMugu: 10:54am On Mar 15, 2017
damton:
Daddy Majek is right to some extent.
It's his intellectual property, and he deserves all the protection he can have.

But he should have found a way to call him to order privately first

My opinion
He's not right in any sense at all. I have watched a YouTube video of him performing same song with Timi Dakolo. I have seen Timi's proof that he paid to remix the song. What else does Majek want?
I just see a drowning man capitalizing on his past glory. Rather than motivate newer and younger singers who saw same visions and chose to deliver them same way he did, he's hell bent on bringing them down with him.
That dude is sick.
Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by Chukazu: 11:00am On Mar 15, 2017
enough of this From Majek..

as much as the law requires one to obtain a copy right before doing a "sample" of an original song, which Timi was believed to have done, it also important we focus more on the benefits of such because at the end its a "win win "situation.
Majek stands to gain more from such work because it increases the popularity of the "original copy"

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by MayhorE(m): 11:10am On Mar 15, 2017
who cares?
Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by MuskElon: 11:22am On Mar 15, 2017
Don't do drugs kids. It fvcks you up in ways you cannot even imagine.
Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by Elnino4ladies: 11:33am On Mar 15, 2017
bamwern:
what who's dis guy

How old are you?
Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by mapet: 11:45am On Mar 15, 2017
ChristyB:
Majek enough of this joor.. Haba! Timi has an evidence of signed contract before he took your song.
Oya e don do sing another 1 make we hear.

Signed contract with who? November records? First off, Majek and November record had parted ways a long time ago. Did Majek tell you he signed the rights and propietary to his own songs to someone else? Why didn't Timi look for Majek? He signed with someone else when the owner of the song was in rehab....

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by mapet: 11:47am On Mar 15, 2017
Neddstark:
Timi was scammed. How can he buy such a great song for just 500k? By the way, the boy should try and write some of his songs.

It does not make sense. Apart from the misrable 500k, How can Timi not insist of seeing Majek? My take is that he was trying to get the easy way out.

Timi should have approached it this way. He should have bought the song with a provisor that Majek must feature in the song and video....like Whiz Kid did to Femi

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by Neddstark: 11:53am On Mar 15, 2017
mapet:

It does not make sense. Apart from the misrable 500k, How can Timi not insist of seeing Majek? My take is that he was trying to get the easy way out.

Timi should have approached it this way. He should have bought the song with a provisor that Majek must feature in the song and video....like Whiz Kid did to Femi

Timi wanted an easy way out. Thats the fact
Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by mapet: 11:54am On Mar 15, 2017
ekems2017:
I thought Timi showed all the documents pertaining this particular song. Hope someone is not misleading you or you have not gone back to weed.

He showed evidence of payment to Charles Novia (November Records). Is Charles Novia still representing Majek? Was "Send Down the Rain" released under November Records?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by solidman59(m): 11:55am On Mar 15, 2017
Too much weed
Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by mapet: 11:57am On Mar 15, 2017
campusflavour:
Mr majek did u not steal redemption song, I remember the video u were at a river bank with guitar? Did u write that one too?

Did Bob Marley family tell you he stole it? If he had done that, he would have been sued...I remember Bob Marley family lawyers sued Tina Onwudiwe for "Turn your lite down low"

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by Gassa007: 11:58am On Mar 15, 2017
damton:

But he should have sought wayS to call him to order privately first . Moreover, remaking another artist song sometimes could mean a subtle act of approval and regards.

My opinion
What do you even know in your life
Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by damton(m): 12:01pm On Mar 15, 2017
Gassa007:

What do you even know in your life

I bet I know more than you could ever know in your whole life span.
Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by mapet: 12:05pm On Mar 15, 2017
SmartMugu:

He's not right in any sense at all. I have watched a YouTube video of him performing same song with Timi Dakolo. I have seen Timi's proof that he paid to remix the song. What else does Majek want?
I just see a drowning man capitalizing on his past glory. Rather than motivate newer and younger singers who saw same visions and chose to deliver them same way he did, he's hell bent on bringing them down with him.
That dude is sick.

Some of you just talk without decorum or sense. You saw on you tube Majek performing same song with Timi automatically translate to Majek giving Timi the right to make commercial gains on it? You see a drowning man capitalising on past glory ......... Bros, where is your sense of reasoning? So to you, Majek should motivate "young ones" by allowing them to do the wrong thing? My question is, Timi knew Majek was alive and in Rehab, why was Majek not included in the said discussion with Charles Novia? Why was Majek not sought....even in the rehab?

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by mapet: 12:07pm On Mar 15, 2017
Chukazu:
enough of this From Majek..

as much as the law requires one to obtain a copy right before doing a "sample" of an original song, which Timi was believed to have done, it also important we focus more on the benefits of such because at the end its a "win win "situation.
Majek stands to gain more from such work because it increases the popularity of the "original copy"

Crap.

1. Was the requirement of the law fulfilled? Was Timi supposed to have had a contract with an ex-label?
2. Your "popularity" argument is crap. Did Majek beg Timi to help him increase his popularity?
Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by bamisefarms: 12:22pm On Mar 15, 2017
igy6789:
call to get it the game ok

Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by gudvibz(f): 12:30pm On Mar 15, 2017
Much ado abt nothing .... prove he stole it cos he has proved he didn't let ur evidence speak cool
Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by Bigsteveg(m): 12:37pm On Mar 15, 2017
After paying 500k to his management, so what is he expecting. Did he jazz them when they were negotiating. Intellectual property that he collected money for. What else does he want? Popularity. And y'all are flowing with the trend he created[left][/left]
damton:

But he should have sought wayS to call him to order privately first . Moreover, remaking another artist song sometimes could mean a subtle act of approval and regards.

My opinion
Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by Chukazu: 1:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
mapet:

Crap.

1. Was the requirement of the law fulfilled? Was Timi supposed to have had a contract with an ex-label?
2. Your "popularity" argument is crap. Did Majek beg Timi to help him increase his popularity?

wish I had your time
Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 15, 2017
Buh Oshoqbo weed wicked small
Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by Krisddon: 1:40pm On Mar 15, 2017
@OP, Timi Dakolo, a gospel artist? Ok...
Frank Edward must be a Fuji icon!
Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by vislabraye(m): 1:46pm On Mar 15, 2017
damton:

My opinion

Timi Dakolo got approval...
Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by xjiggy: 2:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
Everybody dey thief everybody song since the beginning of time. Uncle Majek even you, sing Redemption song wey Sir Bob Marley done already sing. Him kill you? Even Bob Marley song, War, na Emperor Haile Sallasie speech to the United nations on 4th Oct. 1963. If your song no good nobody go sing am. Oga Majek I respect u but Free the boy joor
Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by mapet: 2:42pm On Mar 15, 2017
Chukazu:

wish I had your time

You have a whole life time.....
Re: Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) by Emmyspecial(m): 3:35pm On Mar 15, 2017
I think this guy is going insane gradually,matter that you said you've shunned it long ago,now you are still on the matter.
Are you a woman
Why not forget thus matter and move on??
What has happened has happened,moreover timi showed paper evidence for the song,then what a hell is this talk now for
This old man should wise up,he should learn how to act matured.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Majek Fashek Blasts Soundcity For Saying His Music Videos Are Not good Enough / Toke Makinwa Reacts To Maje Ayida's Lawsuit: The Lord Will Fight For Me' / Ex-BBNaija Housemate, Bitto Arrives Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.