Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? (30000 Views)

Bike Rider Returns Lost Iphone 6S To The Owner (Photos) / This Phone Is Better Than The New Infinix Note 5 / Will You Buy This Phone With 8300mah, 4GB/64GB For 65k? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 16, 2017
nani667:
Hmmm...

if the Phone in question was an iPhone 6 or 7 or Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge would this still be the Case ?

in any case, Good effort by the OP

Everybody can't be like you

There are people who don't earn much but will return an IPhone 7 or Samsung galaxy 7 to the owner

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by Topestbilly(m): 10:41am On Mar 16, 2017
masterP042:
If u really wanna help, go to her address at the Omoba phase 2. And look for her

He can't locate her through that address because it's not detailed..
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by nwabobo: 10:42am On Mar 16, 2017
ajarossi:
On my way to site yesterday I picked this white vivo phone,latter around 12pm the owner of the phone(a lady) called and gave her address as omaba phase 2 onitsha.

I told her to come to munarch bus stop obosi in anambra state in the evening hours to collect it. After the conversation, calls were coming n the batry was down I decided to off the phone and on it latter.

On getting to the bus stop in the evening, I on the phone only to notice that both the sim and phone was luck with password to the extents that I cant make calls,receive calls nor even retrieve any number from it.

I went to mtn office close to the bus top they couldn't offer any solution without the puk number...the only option is to flash the phone and I dont want to flash it.pls I need to return this phone to the lady how ll I do it? In case any of her relatives is on nairaland he or she should reach me on nelouche@gmail.com or report to the vicar amazing grace anglican church odume layout obosi,idemili north anambra state

Put it on Facebook too and let people share it.
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by tosyne2much(m): 10:43am On Mar 16, 2017
prof800:

That is an option but she might lose vital documents stored in her phone in the process of unlocking.

Btw...
This should serve as a lesson to people who lock their phones indiscriminately.
Imagine!
How can someone lock simcard? What if she was in an accident and they need to call any of her relatives? Na wa for some people o.
Why would someone lock his phone together with SIM
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by iykenathan162(m): 10:54am On Mar 16, 2017
after hours of cracking my brain i therefore came to a conclusion that... there is no way u can get in contact with the owner of that phone.

everything is possible sha
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by Slimb001: 11:04am On Mar 16, 2017
ajarossi:
On my way to site yesterday I picked this white vivo phone,latter around 12pm the owner of the phone(a lady) called and gave her address as omaba phase 2 onitsha.

I told her to come to munarch bus stop obosi in anambra state in the evening hours to collect it. After the conversation, calls were coming n the batry was down I decided to off the phone and on it latter.

On getting to the bus stop in the evening, I on the phone only to notice that both the sim and phone was luck with password to the extents that I cant make calls,receive calls nor even retrieve any number from it.

I went to mtn office close to the bus top they couldn't offer any solution without the puk number...the only option is to flash the phone and I dont want to flash it.pls I need to return this phone to the lady how ll I do it? In case any of her relatives is on nairaland he or she should reach me on nelouche@gmail.com or report to the vicar amazing grace anglican church odume layout obosi,idemili north anambra state
Hello Ajarossi,

Since both the phone and SIm were locked,

These simple steps will help you locate the owner:

1. Since the phone is an android phone, it locks its self after 20 failed attempts, so because of security reason it will now request for her Google ID and Password in order to open the phone. The phone will show you her Google ID and request for the password.

2. Use the Google ID shown to you to send her an email informing her of the phone and the phone number to reach you in order to pick it up. This might be quick if she constantly checks her mail or might take a long time though.

3. Or you can use that Google ID to search for her on Facebook and send a request/message for follow up. But please be adviced that the Google ID is usually a gmail acct, if you don't find her with that, you can replace the string "@gmail.com" in her google ID with "@yahoo.com" or "@yahoo.co.uk" and search again in facebook.

4. I hope this simple steps helps you in locating her.

Note: Once the phone requires only Google ID to unlock it, she can only open the phone wen she's connected to a Wifi. or to Flash the phone will be the next option. Even when the phone is locked, it can still allow her putting a wifi password.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by cybriz82(m): 11:10am On Mar 16, 2017
chloride6:
Remove the sim and put in another phone na!

Haba! Small matter!

When the person calls, arrange to return the phone.

i swear na ur type of comment i dey here dey find sinceeeeeee....simple as abc....n yet him carry d mata come nairaland...vivo fone wey no reach 5k...just to remove sim card.she evn gave u address u didnt go.when she call u didnt try callin her bk with ur own fone..abeg go pack well ur mata no b here.
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by erico2k2(m): 11:25am On Mar 16, 2017
tosyne2much:
I wish I knew those who gave that guy 76 likes, I can't employ such people into my organization cheesy
They are the groups society left behind thieves .
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by dailyodds: 12:11pm On Mar 16, 2017
A big thanks to God almighty for yesterday's big win. Congrats to my new customers that won with me too. today's game now available. See image below for contact details if interested. serious minded and high stakers only..

Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by sirusX(m): 12:15pm On Mar 16, 2017
pat1612:
OP if you say they are asking you PUk that means you have dialed wrong pin for sim in attempt to open it. So sim is of no use even if you put in other mobile.
Option 1. Check if phone has memory card if so try removing it and check whether lady has saved a copy of contact on it.(i have done it in order to save stress of transferring number i can just copy from memory card.)
Option 2. Go to mtn store explain them and tell them to atleast give you mobile number from serial number of sim. Two way you can use that you can make a search on fb using mobile number and if lucky you can get her contact.second if she decides to get a new sim with that number you can still call her. But mtn wont give you that details that easily no harm in trying.
Option 3. Flash it still you will not be able to get any contact because sim is lock so you can enjoy phone and be sure you tried.
option 4. to deposit phone with police station but rather than doing that better you use it.
Best choice for you is to find a engineer who can bypass lock pattern and that is possible once done access contact and call any number and you will get details of lady. Or else follow option 1 and 2 which are stressful.

Choice is your advice is mine with no liability of your action taken following my advice grin
ajarossi ...i'd advise you go with the bold statement...cz if you can unlock the phone, you might be able to get information from anything; contact, documents, pictures or applications with details to identify her and get through to her
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by sirusX(m): 12:26pm On Mar 16, 2017
Slimb001:
Hello Ajarossi,

Since both the phone and SIm were locked,

These simple steps will help you locate the owner:

1. Since the phone is an android phone, it locks its self after 20 failed attempts, so because of security reason it will now request for her Google ID and Password in order to open the phone. The phone will show you her Google ID and request for the password.

2. Use the Google ID shown to you to send her an email informing her of the phone and the phone number to reach you in order to pick it up. This might be quick if she constantly checks her mail or might take a long time though.

3. Or you can use that Google ID to search for her on Facebook and send a request/message for follow up. But please be adviced that the Google ID is usually a gmail acct, if you don't find her with that, you can replace the string "@gmail.com" in her google ID with "@yahoo.com" or "@yahoo.co.uk" and search again in facebook.

4. I hope this simple steps helps you in locating her.

Note: Once the phone requires only Google ID to unlock it, she can only open the phone wen she's connected to a Wifi. or to Flash the phone will be the next option. Even when the phone is locked, it can still allow her putting a wifi password.
Another bright idea...nice 1 smiley
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by chumakk: 12:34pm On Mar 16, 2017
mummyson26:

Even if its Nokia touch light who no go return am no go return am
very true. I lost Nokia touch and the person didn't return it
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by Viktor1983(m): 1:35pm On Mar 16, 2017
ajarossi:

Go to omagba phase two, talk with the Anambra State vigilante services stationed There, also make sure the security chairman is aware of the phone, they will find ways to announce about it at holy spirit Catholic church and St Barnabas Anglican church , all at omagba phase two, you can also demand for your transportation expenses from the lady if you want.
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 16, 2017
Your hand looks spooky! Like a dead man hand. If I was the lady I won't try coming for my phone anymore
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 16, 2017
holysainbj:

Scome how do u read things?
How did u even get here?

Am sori for u o grin
You better Learn how to talk it was a mistake from my phone network it didn't load pictures on time after i had commented i saw it
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 16, 2017
tosyne2much:
I wish I knew those who gave that guy 76 likes, I can't employ such people into my organization cheesy
lailai selfish and greedy fellas.
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by tosyne2much(m): 7:35pm On Mar 16, 2017
smartmey61:
lailai selfish and greedy fellas.
You can just imagine ooo bro cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by tosyne2much(m): 7:39pm On Mar 16, 2017
erico2k2:

They are the groups society left behind thieves .
I'm telling you cheesy
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by truekingmike(m): 7:47pm On Mar 16, 2017
I knw u won't do that if it an iPhone7 cheesy grin
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by truekingmike(m): 7:48pm On Mar 16, 2017
kelvinrhs:
Your hand looks spooky! Like a dead man hand.
If I was the lady I won't try coming for my phone anymore
mumu
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by holysainbj(m): 8:11pm On Mar 16, 2017
Iamtosignno:
You better Learn how to talk it was a mistake from my phone network it didn't load pictures on time after i had commented i saw it
Appologies sir, i meant no harm
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 16, 2017
patriotic citizen
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by akachivet: 12:43am On Mar 17, 2017
Go to mtn office Asaba if they can from the sim card get the phone no from which they will obtain her address from her sim registration with that you reach her ie if her sim was registered
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by Nobody: 5:38am On Mar 17, 2017
holysainbj:

Appologies sir, i meant no harm
OK No problem na
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by Nobody: 3:21am On Mar 19, 2017
truekingmike:
mumu
You should be glad I'm in my good mood cause if I abuse you, u might go and hang yourself.
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by Bossman(m): 3:30am On Mar 19, 2017
Can you remove the sim and put it in another phone that you may not be using. Leave the phone on of course. Then any call that comes in, you can call the number back and see if it's the owner or at least someone that knows how to get in touch with the owner.
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by Nobody: 12:32am On Mar 21, 2017
truekingmike:
mumu
You should be glad I'm in my good moods, because if I abuse u now, u may want to go and commit suicide
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by longerthroat(m): 5:26pm On Mar 27, 2017
Oyind18:
How can I lock my apps and pix pls?

download Vault from Google play store. or other phone lock applications
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 27, 2017
longerthroat:

download Vault from Google play store. or other phone lock applications
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria / Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference / NIN Enrolment: We Have Commenced Registration – Glo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.