Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

A Lady's Headphone Explodes During Flight Leaving The Victim With Burns - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / A Lady's Headphone Explodes During Flight Leaving The Victim With Burns (684 Views)

“I Am Missing Nigeria” – Cardi B, After Leaving The Country / DJ Cuppy Gifts Zlatan Ibile A Costly Headphone / An Accident Victim With 2nd Degree Burns Share His Story (graphic Images) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Lady's Headphone Explodes During Flight Leaving The Victim With Burns by morereb10: 11:52am On Mar 15, 2017
Technology is giving people reason to less desire it. The issue of exploding batteries, iPhones, Laptops on an aircraft and also on normal atmosphere is getting messier day after day. Exploded headphone is the most recent as it has played out dramatically with a woman suffering facial injuries when her headphones exploded on a flight from Beijing to Melbourne.

The Australian Transport Safety Bureau has revealed that the passenger was listening to music with her battery-powered headphones when the explosion took place on the flight on February 19. It occurred about two hours into the flight while the woman was sleeping. “As I went to turn around I felt burning on my face,” she said in a statement provided by the bureau.

“I just grabbed my face which caused the headphones to go around my neck. I continued to feel burning so I grabbed them off and threw them on the floor. They were sparking and had small amounts of fire.” She said aircraft staff reacted quickly to the incident. “As I went to stamp my foot on them the flight attendants were already there with a bucket of water to pour on them.

“People were coughing and choking the entire way home,” the passenger said. The bureau said it had assessed that the batteries in the device likely caught on fire. It said batteries should be kept in stowage unless in use, and must be in carry-on baggage, not checked baggage.

Be careful with your tech gadgets, they are not as safe as you think. Moreover, for Gods sake, keep your tech gadget a distance from you while sleeping.

More pics....

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/03/a-ladys-headphone-explodes-during.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44 missyb3 obinoscopy dominique

Re: A Lady's Headphone Explodes During Flight Leaving The Victim With Burns by TruthHurts1(m): 11:58am On Mar 15, 2017
I THOUGHT AIRLINES HAVE A LIST OF PROHIBITED ELECTRONIC APPLIANCES WHICH ARE BANNED FROM BEING USED ON A PLANE WHILE IT IS IN FLIGHT

Rechargeable battery safety hints for airline passengers

If you are not going to use a device in flight, keep it turned off , and consider taking steps to prevent inadvertent activation. For example, you could tape the on-off switch in the "off" position.

Keep spare batteries, and batteries installed in devices you will not use in flight, at a less than a fully charged state, no greater than 30% of its maximum capacity.

Buy batteries from reputable sources and only use batteries approved for your device. Also, avoid batteries that you think may be a counterfeit since they may not be manufactured to the proper safety specifications.

Do not carry recalled, dead, or damaged batteries on aircraft. If you suspect that your battery has been recalled, check the manufacturer's website, or with an appropriate organization such as the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

Avoid crushing, puncturing, or putting a high degree of pressure on any battery, as this can cause an internal short-circuit, resulting in overheating.

(1) (Reply)

Mothers Day: Fans Reacts As Davido’s Babymama Got A Rare Shoutout From Him / Toke Makiwa Defilling Court Order In Classy Fashion [PICS] / Davido Having Fun Jamming To Tekno Song In South Africa As He Smokes Weed (pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.