Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

How Nairaland Supports Irresponsible Journalism - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Nairaland Supports Irresponsible Journalism (594 Views)

Irresponsible Journalism And Lack Of Patriotism Army Called Out Journalists (pho / How Nairaland Is Nigeria's Version Of GOOGLE! / Is This How Nairaland Works? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nairaland Supports Irresponsible Journalism by naijalander: 2:50pm On Mar 15, 2017
Seun Osewa, I would like to point your attention to the image below this post, the Ad in the middle is captioned "BOMBSHELL Nollywood Actress says Apostle Suleiman bought her Mercedes Benz for Sex" We all know none of what is written in that Ad is actually true, is it such a bad idea to screen everyone who applies for an Ad on your forum.

That being said, this thread is about how Nairaland reinforces the irresponsible journalism currently being practiced by at least half the blogs on Nigeria's cyber space. With all due respect, I must protest that I am beyond disappointed in you Seun Osewa, a pioneer of Nigerian online space. Last time I made a comment about a thread that had completely different Subject from what was in the content in the thread itself and I was blocked for 3 days. This means you and your moderators run this forum the exact same way Nigeria's federal government runs Nigeria, yet you will be the same set of people to turn around and blame the government for the issues we face, have you played your part by adequately screening every content that passes through Nairaland?

Nairaland also falls short in intellectual material, the whole forum is flooded with ethnocentric material and fake news. Literally anyone can come and make some dumb comment about a topic they have absolutely no idea about and unless guys like me intercept them, they get away with it, so what exactly is the job of your moderators if it is not to simply scout for who can pay for Ads? Also, every topic why must have some kind of root in tribalism, this forum shows how much double standard Nigerians carry around, I dare say that you Seun Osewa also profit from online ethnicentrism.

Seun Osewa, you disappoint me terribly and if this continues, it will be the end of your legacy, take responsibility for once and do the right thing, if you are the frugal and prudent person we all believe you to be, you have clearly made more than enough money to last you the rest of your life, throw in a thread screening program, root out fake news, publish what has been thoroughly investigated only and see what changes happen. Mediocrity can only survive where it is allowed to grow and Nairaland at the moment is the King of all Mediocrity in Nigerian cyberspace.

Cc r231 Cc Freiburger

Re: How Nairaland Supports Irresponsible Journalism by ddddon(m): 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
What is this one even saying?
Re: How Nairaland Supports Irresponsible Journalism by naijalander: 2:55pm On Mar 15, 2017
its not supposed to make sense to your type. Move on.

ddddon:
What is this one even saying?
Re: How Nairaland Supports Irresponsible Journalism by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 15, 2017
I see nothing but the truth in all you've written

1 Like

Re: How Nairaland Supports Irresponsible Journalism by naijalander: 3:47pm On Mar 15, 2017
Tadeknkeepcalm:
I see nothing but the truth in all you've written

Thank you jare. so sure they are coming to demote this thread. Wonder what Seun thinks about about on a normal day, we all have bukata, doesn't mean we put the whole country in jeopardy over our daily meal.
Re: How Nairaland Supports Irresponsible Journalism by LivinaPatrick(f): 4:27pm On Mar 15, 2017
Correct observation. Only if he has conscience

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I'm Giving Up Life... Suicidal Thoughts Keep Coming In Everyday / See 5 Shocking Ways You Can Get Pregnant Without Having Séx No 1 Is Very Popula / Learn How To Use Social Media Without Distracting Your Work Or Studies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.