Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

I Never Slapped SU President- Unilorin Lecturer - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Never Slapped SU President- Unilorin Lecturer (455 Views)

Unilorin Lecturer Orders 400 Level Students To Raise Hands For Making Noise / I Never Slapped The S.U President And Owe No One Any Apology -unilorin Lecturer / NANS React To The Lecturer That Slapped Unilorin SU President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Slapped SU President- Unilorin Lecturer by goldenboi70: 3:45pm On Mar 15, 2017
'I Never Slapped the Students Union President' - Sub Dean of Engineering, Dr.Ajiboye

The Sub Dean of the Faculty of Engineering, Dr. Tajudeen Kolawole Ajiboye in an interview with Lade's Signatory today 15th March, 2017 said he never slapped the Students Union president, Comrade sobowale Lukman olawale.

Lade's signatory reached out to the sub Dean to get his own side of the story.
Read excerpts from the interview below...

What do you have to Say about the issue on ground now, as regards you slapping the Students Union president?

That day, my students were supposed to write an exam CAC 204, and i was in my office and saw my students roaming around and had not written the exam they're supposed to write for 2pm around 4pm.

As someone who has the interest of the students at heart, I left my office to go to the CBT centre to make enquiries about what was going on and the reason why the students had not started writing their exams.

On getting there with the Dean of the faculty of engineering and some other lecturers in the faculty, we were discussing with the Deputy vice chancellor Academics, Professor Ijaya.
Then Eminent was there waiting to be attended to by the secretary of the CBT centre when he was asked to move back by Dr. Abdulraman of the faculty of engineering.

And when eminent tried explaining to the lecturer that he is the students union president, the lecturer told him to 'get out' and it was at this point that eminent demanded to be respected as the students union president.

I saw the two of them arguing and went there to see what was going on, on getting there I saw a student arguing with the lecturer and collected his ID card without even knowing he was the students Union president. It was in the process of removing his ID card from his neck that my hand hit his face. I never slapped Him.

It was after this that the SU president (Eminent) came back to meet me to say I slapped him and I told him I never slapped him.

After which staffs of the CBT, the DVC academics and others intervened in the whole situation and everything was settled and the exam continued.
It was when I got home at night, I was confused and surprised when I saw how the whole issue which had been settled earlier had turned out and I started receiving calls from everyone.

When asked what he would do about what the Students' Union is demanding from him, he said;

I owe no one an apology and I Even deserve an apology from them.

They have no right to make any demands from me. It is an aberration. I was there on behalf of the students and to represent the interest of the students. If I was in my office, none of this would have happened.

I even called the DVC Academics, Professor Ijaya that are they now saying we should not correct any student that is misbehaving.

When asked what he would say to the SU president when he meets him, he said;

He's my son and I even called him yesterday already.
He should forget whatever' happened, its part of leadership and heaven will not fall.

The president of the faculty of engineering, Adebisi Semiu Olatunde AKA Da Bozz also asked for the perspective of the Sub Dean as regards engineering students doing CBT.

The Sub Dean said;

CBT should be structured in a way that it attends to the needs of each department and also shortage of man power also affects this because results must be ready within two weeks after exam.
The faculty is looking into reducing the number of CBT exams engineering students do.

The management is the problem and not the CBT, the number of students do not match the structures we have in the school which is the root of most of the problems we face at the CBT centre. They should provide materials the students need for a particular course.

Tijani bakare, a 500 level student of the faculty also said, we the students are with our sub dean, we support him because He was there because of the students.
Re: I Never Slapped SU President- Unilorin Lecturer by kehinde1588(m): 4:07pm On Mar 15, 2017
goldenboi70:
'I Never Slapped the Students Union President' - Sub Dean of Engineering, Dr.Ajiboye

The Sub Dean of the Faculty of Engineering, Dr. Tajudeen Kolawole Ajiboye in an interview with Lade's Signatory today 15th March, 2017 said he never slapped the Students Union president, Comrade sobowale Lukman olawale.

Lade's signatory reached out to the sub Dean to get his own side of the story.
Read excerpts from the interview below...

What do you have to Say about the issue on ground now, as regards you slapping the Students Union president?

That day, my students were supposed to write an exam CAC 204, and i was in my office and saw my students roaming around and had not written the exam they're supposed to write for 2pm around 4pm.

As someone who has the interest of the students at heart, I left my office to go to the CBT centre to make enquiries about what was going on and the reason why the students had not started writing their exams.

On getting there with the Dean of the faculty of engineering and some other lecturers in the faculty, we were discussing with the Deputy vice chancellor Academics, Professor Ijaya.
Then Eminent was there waiting to be attended to by the secretary of the CBT centre when he was asked to move back by Dr. Abdulraman of the faculty of engineering.

And when eminent tried explaining to the lecturer that he is the students union president, the lecturer told him to 'get out' and it was at this point that eminent demanded to be respected as the students union president.

I saw the two of them arguing and went there to see what was going on, on getting there I saw a student arguing with the lecturer and collected his ID card without even knowing he was the students Union president. It was in the process of removing his ID card from his neck that my hand hit his face. I never slapped Him.

It was after this that the SU president (Eminent) came back to meet me to say I slapped him and I told him I never slapped him.

After which staffs of the CBT, the DVC academics and others intervened in the whole situation and everything was settled and the exam continued.
It was when I got home at night, I was confused and surprised when I saw how the whole issue which had been settled earlier had turned out and I started receiving calls from everyone.

When asked what he would do about what the Students' Union is demanding from him, he said;

I owe no one an apology and I Even deserve an apology from them.

They have no right to make any demands from me. It is an aberration. I was there on behalf of the students and to represent the interest of the students. If I was in my office, none of this would have happened.

I even called the DVC Academics, Professor Ijaya that are they now saying we should not correct any student that is misbehaving.

When asked what he would say to the SU president when he meets him, he said;

He's my son and I even called him yesterday already.
He should forget whatever' happened, its part of leadership and heaven will not fall.

The president of the faculty of engineering, Adebisi Semiu Olatunde AKA Da Bozz also asked for the perspective of the Sub Dean as regards engineering students doing CBT.

The Sub Dean said;

CBT should be structured in a way that it attends to the needs of each department and also shortage of man power also affects this because results must be ready within two weeks after exam.
The faculty is looking into reducing the number of CBT exams engineering students do.

The management is the problem and not the CBT, the number of students do not match the structures we have in the school which is the root of most of the problems we face at the CBT centre. They should provide materials the students need for a particular course.

Tijani bakare, a 500 level student of the faculty also said, we the students are with our sub dean, we support him because He was there because of the students.
I Never Slapped The Students Union President, I Even Deserve An Apology From The Students – Dr. Ajiboye…. You Have Till Today’s End To Apologize – Students Union.

http://kaybaba.com/never-slapped-students-union-president-even-deserve-apology-students-dr-ajiboye-till-todays-end-apologize-students-union/
Re: I Never Slapped SU President- Unilorin Lecturer by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
lol Damage control lalasticlala
Re: I Never Slapped SU President- Unilorin Lecturer by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 15, 2017
I saw a student arguing with the lecturer and collected his ID card without even knowing he was the students Union president. It was in the process of removing his ID card from his neck that my hand hit his face. I never slapped Him.
How hard did you hand "accidentally" hit his face grin grin
Totally credulous damage control undecided

(1) (Reply)

Help Which Course Can I Study With This Result / 26 Bag First Class As LASU Holds Convocation / Michael Okpara Varsity Students Protest Scrapping Of Courses (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.