Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,914 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria (1753 Views)

How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria / Mark Zuckerberg Was NEVER An Atheist In The First Place . / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by lady2sexy(f): 5:24pm On Mar 15, 2017
Wow! just checking out religious section to get more juicy gist about Oga Sule and madam Otobo after being off NL some while. am so surprised to see so many atheist in religious sectioin but I must confess that I have never met one in real life. Is it that in real life they are pretending or what.

But truth be told it is unthinkable not to believe in God here in Nigeria grin even the word atheism 85% of Nigerians don't know what it means grin let alone identifying as one.

in fact If you tell an average Nigerian you do not believe in God the next thing he will ask you is: so then you believe in Satan/Devil/Juju? if you say no that you believe in nothing the person will term you a psycho grin

In Nigeria you must believe in something if you are even doubtful only the stories of fiery witchcraft attacks, heaven & hell, spiritual manipulation, etc. mehn you go use fear gree grin.

Even me that is typing I don't know the kind of logic that will make me not to believe in my God. though I some times have some lingering doubt about religion especially the fact that they are so many teaching different things but fear no dey gree me reason reach that atheism side grin

mean while I still need more Update about oga sule and her ms na their tory carry me land NL after so many months of absence grin
no blame me that tory too juicy I tell you cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by Gurumaharaji(m): 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2017
All these Atheists u see here are those dat pray to God to credit their account wit millions or prayed to see money on ground and wen dat didn't happened d became disappointed and declare His non existence ....Always know dat He still loves and cherish u despite ur denial of Him
Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by Pastafarian: 5:35pm On Mar 15, 2017
Gurumaharaji:
All these Atheists u see here are those dat pray to God to credit their account wit millions or prayed to see money on ground and wen dat didn't happened d became disappointed and declare His non existence ....Always know dat He still loves and cherish u despite ur denial of Him

it must feel really good to get this rubbish off your chest, doesn't it?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by Pastafarian: 5:43pm On Mar 15, 2017
Coming out as an atheist in Nigeria can cost you your friends, your job, and even your family. I know this because I am in touch with some of Nigerian atheists like myself who have experienced losses in each one of these areas. Many have suffered losses in more than one of these areas and I even know some who have experienced loss in all.

we are trying to find a way to come out and you can peruse the thread https://www.nairaland.com/3638370/freethinkers-nigeria-fear-nigerians on the progress made so far

with time atheism would be something people would respect

5 Likes

Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 15, 2017
Some are real while others are foolish hypocritic christians
Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by Blakjewelry(m): 5:50pm On Mar 15, 2017
Because Nigerians are ready to kill just like their spiritual father's of old... Besides you can only identify yourself as an atheist if you want to engage in an unending argument, which will lead to using not nice words against another man's god or gods.
I have been referred to an atheist even back in my secondary school days because I choose to question all.

1 Like

Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by lady2sexy(f): 5:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
Pastafarian:
Coming out as an atheist in Nigeria can cost you your friends, your job, and even your family. I know this because I am in touch with some of Nigerian atheists like myself who have experienced losses in each one of these areas. Many have suffered losses in more than one of these areas and I even know some who have experienced loss in all.

we are trying to find a way to come out and you can peruse the thread https://www.nairaland.com/3638370/freethinkers-nigeria-fear-nigerians on the progress made so far

cheeiiiiaaaaa, but you should have saved yourself some stress if you become religious. or is it hard to do?. by the way how do you fill Nigerian forms that have column for religion grin
Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 15, 2017
Pastafarian:

there is an atheist society of nigeria founded by mubarack bala,akorita isaiah,zacham bayei just to mention a few,you can check their profiles on facebook
Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by Pastafarian: 6:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
stephenmorris:
there is an atheist society of nigeria founded by mubarack bala,akorita isaiah,zacham bayei just to mention a few,you can check their profiles on facebook

thanks for the info, I'll definitely look'em up
Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by Pastafarian: 6:17pm On Mar 15, 2017
lady2sexy:

cheeiiiiaaaaa, but you should have saved yourself some stress if you become religious. or is it hard to do?. by the way how do you fill Nigerian forms that have column for religion grin

I fill Christian if its compulsory

a lot of atheists in Nigeria are church and mosque goers; many are even workers

most atheists keep up appearances in real life, that's why you've seen so many on the internet and none in real life

3 Likes

Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 15, 2017
Not ready to invite trouble into my life. Can't be dragged to every deliverance session in the world.

3 Likes

Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by Richirich713: 6:52pm On Mar 15, 2017
grin well that's because atheists are great liars, lying to their family and others is part of their daily life.

1 Like

Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 15, 2017
I can relate to this,though am a deist
Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by Pastafarian: 7:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
LightandDarkness:
Not ready to invite trouble into my life. Can't be dragged to every deliverance session in the world.

Hehehehehehehehe
Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by jonbellion(m): 7:38pm On Mar 15, 2017
Gurumaharaji:
your brain must be so proud undecided

1 Like

Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by felixomor: 8:00pm On Mar 15, 2017
lady2sexy:
Wow! just checking out religious section to get more juicy gist about Oga Sule and madam Otobo after being off NL some while. am so surprised to see so many atheist in religious sectioin but I must confess that I have never met one in real life. Is it that in real life they are pretending or what.

But truth be told it is unthinkable not to believe in God here in Nigeria grin even the word atheism 85% of Nigerians don't know what it means grin let alone identifying as one.

in fact If you tell an average Nigerian you do not believe in God the next thing he will ask you is: so then you believe in Satan/Devil/Juju? if you say no that you believe in nothing the person will term you a psycho grin

In Nigeria you must believe in something if you are even doubtful only the stories of fiery witchcraft attacks, heaven & hell, spiritual manipulation, etc. mehn you go use fear gree grin.

Even me that is typing I don't know the kind of logic that will make me not to believe in my God. though I some times have some lingering doubt about religion especially the fact that they are so many teaching different things but fear no dey gree me reason reach that atheism side grin

mean while I still need more Update about oga sule and her ms na their tory carry me land NL after so many months of absence grin
no blame me that tory too juicy I tell you cheesy

Sister.
They are not many.
Just a few disgruntled male Christians who want to free their minds and kill their conscience so that they can commit sin.

So they open many fake multiple monikers to make it look like they are many.

One of them even commented up there.
He has been exposed to have many fake monikers posing as different atheists.

They are jesters

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 15, 2017
Too stressful abeg.
Nigerians can be rabid when it comes to religion.

2 Likes

Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by Jeromejnr(m): 9:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
Gurumaharaji:

Bros, you have made me laff well this nite. grin

1 Like

Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by obinna58(m): 9:06pm On Mar 15, 2017
True
I'm an atheist but only few knows me very well
I go to church jus for church sake and safety

Atheist exist in Nigeria but very few, I av never met or see an atheist since I was born but I have an uncle who believed only tradition

Wish I was to be born in next 200yrs coming
All I see around z jus religious zombies so sad

1 Like

Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by obinna58(m): 9:08pm On Mar 15, 2017
Gurumaharaji:
Zero
Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by Amberon: 9:38pm On Mar 15, 2017
You people would be the first to accuse religious people of hatred and all sorts but you just called religious people zombies which no other person has done on this thread.

Your sanity should be questioned when you go to church but still turn around to insult and castigate religious people simply for being religious.
obinna58:
True
I'm an atheist but only few knows me very well
I go to church jus for church sake and safety

Atheist exist in Nigeria but very few, I av never met or see an atheist since I was born but I have an uncle who believed only tradition

Wish I was to be born in next 200yrs coming
All I see around z jus religious zombies so sad

2 Likes

Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by Amberon: 9:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
If you can't proudly identify as an atheist, you're a coward. You lots come here to insult and use all manner of derogatory words against religion but still go to church and act as an undercover christian?

except for the north, there's no history of religious killings, hate and wars down south so enough with the rhetoric of prejudice and discrimination.

I've been told of atheists and God haters by my brother who is a member of the visitation team in church. Basically he has visited several atheists, some of which were harsh and used curse words at him, and all he and his team showed them was love.

So don't go stereotyping religious people when you atheists aren't any better.
Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by akintom(m): 10:12pm On Mar 15, 2017
Gurumaharaji:

The real and true God (FSM), gives life in better pleasure. You better give your life to FSM, so that you inherit the kingdom of heaven, bursting forth with volcano of beer and good sex.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 15, 2017
coming out as an atheist in nigeria will cost one a lot of friends.

2 Likes

Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by frank317: 5:37pm On Mar 16, 2017
felixomor:

Sister.
They are not many.
Just a few disgruntled male Christians who want to free their minds and kill their conscience so that they can commit sin.

So they open many fake multiple monikers to make it look like they are many.

One of them even commented up there.
He has been exposed to have many fake monikers posing as different atheists.

They are jesters

Sh is now it sister? Look at her pix profile perhaps u can self-service with it.

When I start pointing out the forbidden life your fellow Christians live upandan you will start shouting that they are not real Christians.

From ur point of view, evil is allowed when one claims to be a Christian (at least they can do it over and over again just as long as they ask for forgiveness. But it's a taboo when one is an atheist
Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by luvmijeje(f): 6:36pm On Mar 16, 2017
It's because they unorganized. Atheism is not a religion. They are rebels till reality dawn on them.

1 Like

Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by akintom(m): 6:53pm On Mar 16, 2017
luvmijeje:
It's because they unorganized. Atheism is not a religion. They are rebels till reality dawn on them.

FSM will love you tender, only if you confess your iniquity against us his believers.

And in FSM heaven, abundant burukutu and shukushuku for you. In this world 30 billion in your account, and no tithe will you pay.
Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by luvmijeje(f): 6:57pm On Mar 16, 2017
akintom:

FSM will love you tender, only if you confess your iniquity against us his believers.

And in FSM heaven, abundant burukutu and shukushuku for you. In this world 30 billion in your account, and no tithe will you pay.

Oga I hope everything is okay? What's FSM?
Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by akintom(m): 7:03pm On Mar 16, 2017
luvmijeje:

Are you serious? You haven't heard about FSM? The creator of the universe?

Pastafarian, please come an minister salvation to this seeker of truth, in the light of pastafarianism.
Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by Pastafarian: 7:10pm On Mar 16, 2017
luvmijeje:

check my signature
ask if you want proof of the claim and I'll give them to you
Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by luvmijeje(f): 7:10pm On Mar 16, 2017
akintom:

Are you serious? You haven't heard about FSM? The creator of the universe?

Pastafarian, please come an minister salvation to this seeker of truth, in the light of pastafarianism.

Mtcheww! Ex-pastor repent and come close to God.
Re: Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria by luvmijeje(f): 7:11pm On Mar 16, 2017
Pastafarian:

check my signature

ask if you want proof of the claim and I'll give them to you

Oh No!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Born-again And Baptism / If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin / Archbishop John Obiokeke's Website?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.