Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,114 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews (24421 Views)

Stranded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 4:37pm On Jun 06, 2019
Yewandequeen Dtobs Crazygod Hadampson Whizkidefe Sabiboi Sammyfreshsmooth juli3bae whinnie olabunmi1 dawno2008 queenitee
Ur presence is needed here ..
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by Hadampson(m): 4:42pm On Jun 06, 2019
hardeygbolar:
Yewandequeen
Dtobs
Crazygod
Hadampson
Whizkidefe
Sabiboi
Sammyfreshsmooth
juli3bae
whinnie
olabunmi1
dawno2008
queenitee

Wow

This thread is still busy shocked

Thanks for the mention OP... Fire on grin
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by Yewandequeen(f): 5:15pm On Jun 06, 2019
Hadampson:

Wow

I left when the Op didn't update. But seems he has now
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 5:39pm On Jun 06, 2019
Hadampson:

Wow
. u are highly welcome bro...

1 Like

Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by Hadampson(m): 5:42pm On Jun 06, 2019
Yewandequeen:
I left when the Op didn't update. But seems he has now

He is back now

Let me go and read the new update smiley
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by queenitee(f): 5:55pm On Jun 06, 2019
hardeygbolar:
Yewandequeen
Dtobs
Crazygod
Hadampson
Whizkidefe
Sabiboi
Sammyfreshsmooth
juli3bae
whinnie
olabunmi1
dawno2008
queenitee

Here, here, thank you
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 7:05pm On Jun 06, 2019
hardeygbolar:

Whizkidefe

Present, sir..
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 7:30pm On Jun 06, 2019
queenitee:
Here, here, thank you
. you are welcome...
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 7:31pm On Jun 06, 2019
WHIZKIDEFE:
Present, sir..
. awon ti gbogo despo u are welcome to the High table sir.
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 7:36pm On Jun 06, 2019
Updates coming up tomorrow.
thank you all.
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by Dammykrone(m): 10:11pm On Jun 06, 2019
No One Cared To Invite Me
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 10:53am On Jun 07, 2019
Dammykrone:
No One Cared To Invite Me
. lol...no vex bro...welcome to d party...
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 8:11pm On Jun 07, 2019
Continuation
Jessica quicken her pace as she heard the sound of gunshot. She knew the six people they left behind must be in great danger because the odds would not be in their favour. They were outnumbered about one to ten and only two can properly handle a gun. She knew it would be really hard for them. She just hoped none of them lose their lives in the skirmish. She was still deep in her thoughts when she heard someone scream. They all heard it and they briefly stopped in their tracks. She could recognize the voice that screamed even from miles away.
"That must be Derek". Jim stated and Jessica nodded. She was not the only one that recognized Derek's voice. She was worried. But they had to go, she knew the six guys had no chance of defeating the rebels because they had little weapons to combat them. They would need help, they had to get help.
" We need to get help quickly". Jessica stated.
Jim looked at her, she was right. He knew the six people that volunteered stand no chance against the dare devil rebels. They had to get help,and it had to be quick......
"Gooodddddd............". Derek screamed out loud. He had been hit by an arrow on his arm and the pain is excruciating for him. They had managed to gun down about twenty men when they were running but now they had use the tree to shield themselves and it was becoming hard to repel the rebels. Sergeant Collins and the lieutenant are the only one hitting their targets since they had decided to attack from the safe cover of the tree.
The sergeant was immediately alerted he crawled on his belly and called out to peter"Cover me Peter, I need to get to Derek"
"Copy that"
Derek grunted as the sergeant came to his side and pat him gently on his back.
"It didn't go so deep, but this would surely hurt". The sergeant told Derek and he nodded for him to go ahead........
The captain gave out orders immediately he heard the sound of continuous gunshot. He knew they would be in trouble and he told six of his men to follow him leaving four behind just in case of any danger. They have not ventured far when they heard the some rustling from the bush nearby. The signalled with his hand and they knew what that meant. They all lay flat on their belly with gun pointed to the direction the rustling had come from.......

1 Like

Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 8:12pm On Jun 07, 2019
I know the update is short but please manage it. I will finish the story tomorrow
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 4:58pm On Jun 11, 2019
I'm sorry, I had not update since the day I promised to, there had been no electricity since about four days now, I will update this night by God's grace. Thank y'all.
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 9:48pm On Jun 11, 2019
Continuation
"Freeze". The captain ordered startling Jessica and the others who were about running thinking they were in danger. They stopped in their tracks and the captain ordered his men to stand down after seeing they were unharmed and not the enemy. He walked up to Jessica and Jim who were leading the group and asked them questions and they in turn narrated everything to the captain leaving out not a single detail.
" Cooper and Jake, get them to safety, the four of you follow me". The captain ordered, pointing to each men respectively. He then marched forward immediately, he knew from what Jessica and Jim had said, the sergeant and the others must be in danger and he needed to get there to help. He made up his mind he is not ready to sacrifice any men in this God forsaken place. That was an order he got from those above him and he is ready to fulfill it come what may.....
The sergeant had succeeded in stopping the bleeding after removing the arrow in Derek's arm. Although, it had not been easy at first because Derek had literally punched him when he tried to remove the arrow. The pain must be so much for him and the sergeant had wanted to leave him be but he knew that would only worsen his case. After he had successfully pull out the arrow, he had applied the little first aid in his back pack and he had succeeded in stopping the bleeding.
"I'm out". Lieutenant Peter cried out, telling them he was out of bullet.
" I'm out". Kane also said on top of his voice.
The sergeant looked around, there were still almost half of the rebel standing and they were getting reinforcements. He knew they had to retreat but he also knew these people would be after them the moment they retreat.
"We have to retreat, now!". He thundered, tossing Derek's pistol to Peter and using his other hand to hold Derek up.
" Cover us Pet...e...r". The sergeant words slurred after seeing Peter has been hit.
"Go without me, I will hold them off"
"I'm not leaving without you or anyone here". Came the sergeant blatant reply to Peter's words.
And with that, he brought out his jack knife and threw it at the man closest to Peter. He hit the next man with a blow straight to his jaw but it was too late before he could see the third man coming from his left. The sergeant felt something heavy hit his head and his vision instantly became blurry........
" Go into the bus, the others are there waiting for you". One of the soldiers had said.
Jim and Jessica nodded in understanding. They were glad they made it back in one piece.
"We need to get back over there".
And with that they hurried back into the woods.....
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 9:49pm On Jun 11, 2019
guys please don't just read and go. I need ur comments and critics too..
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 4:03pm On Jun 14, 2019
I was down with fever and no one could ask of me...it's not fair at all...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

When Tears Brings Yes ( A Short Story) / Grace / Remember Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.