Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews (24424 Views)

Stranded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 10:16am On Aug 26, 2017
Continuation
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"You are a true hero, I never believed you could do that, man" Maurice said hitting Adams playfully. "Thank God you now know, so let's move" Adams said with a smile. "Thank you guys, if not for you I would be dead by now". Caroline said smiling at the two of them. "You don't have to thank us Caro, we would not just watch and let any harm come in your way, not now or ever" Adams assured staring deep into her eyes, his heart filled with passion. "Now enough of all this love film you guys are playing live, can we move now?" Maurice questioned. "Its true, we don't have all day, let's move Caro" Adams retorted and they marched on like armies going to war....
"Bob and David u take that way, Maxwell and Jessica to follow this way, and Angela,Mary and I would take the last route" Kane said and there was murmurings. "What if we die here or they capture us once again?" Angela asked Kane who had no answer to her question. "That's true, why not let us go in one group?" Mary supported. "It's too risky if we go in three different directions, we don't even know how strong or how many they are in terms of number and you are here saying we should all go on a separate paths, that's like a death wish man!" David also rambled. "It's damn too risky and we don't have anything to defend ourselves if we were attacked" Bob declared. Kane sighed and was quiet for a while, he did not know how to convince them that it is the only thing they could do, at least for now to survive this scary nightmare. And,for once he wished Adams was there with him,he would know how to convince them, he has that spirit in him. "Hun - hun" Maxwell cleared his throat and all their attention was now on him. "I don't know how to say this or how to talk you guys into doing what Kane had laid out for us to do, but then we have to remember these people we are doing this for are our friends. I know they would also do this if anyone of us here should be there,they would never leave us to suffer and die in pains like they are about to if we are to be the one in their position. They would do everything possible to get us out even if they have to lose their lives in doing so, but are can we do that for them? That I don't know. So the ball is now in your court, you choose wisely" Maxwell ended his speech with a sigh.....
Derek stood up weakly but his legs failed him, he had lost so much blood that he could not even walk to the jar of water on the giant mahogany table that stood across the room. He however managed to crawl slowly and it took him like forever before he could get to it. As he gulped down the water with all the last strength he had, his mind wandered to how things were before they made this trip that had suddenly turned into a nightmare. He wondered and hoped things would just go back to how they used to be, before these cursed journey he was still suffering from, he knew getting out of here is a really slim possibility. "Get him too" He suddenly heard a voice that jolted him out of his thoughts, he looked at the direction the voice came from and he saw short devil pointing at him and his subordinates advancing towards him....

2 Likes

Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 26, 2017
give us more
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 3:41am On Aug 28, 2017
Updates loading.....
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 9:04am On Aug 29, 2017
Continuation
"Do you hear that sound?" Adams asked after they had walked for a while. "No" Maurice replied staring at Caroline for confirmation. "I can't hear any sound also" Caroline retorted giving Adams a questionable look about his sanity. Adams does not care about what they think or hear any longer, he brought out the map to confirm their next turning and the sound came much louder, obviously that of a woman in distress. " That way guys, let's go" Adams said and was about moving when Caroline held him. "We have to be careful. I'm having a bad feeling about this" she told him with fears in her eyes.......
"Maxwell and I would take that path" Jessica said looking at the others for any signs of discontentment. "David and I would take the middle path" Bob said and David's demeanor changed immediately, it was obvious in his eyes that he was scared of what they are about to do but he had no other choice so as for the others not to think less of him or call him a coward. "Okay, but are you sure about this?" Kane asked David. "Sure like hell, isn't it?" Bob answered for him. "Yeah, I can do this" David replied. "Alright guys, let's drop all the weapons we are having" Kane said. "Why? that's like a death wish man, we don't stand a chance even with weapons on us" David protested immediately. "If we are to go there without any weapon, do you think we would last even a second?" Bob asked with raised eyebrows. "You guys are having the wrong picture here, i'm not saying we should go there without a weapon, all am saying is we should all drop our weapons so we can all choose equally" Kane stated and David sighed in relief. They all nodded affirmatively consenting to his idea before they begin dropping all their weapons. "We are clear now. The guys go with ak-47's,knives and a pistol each,while the ladies go with pistols and knives, is that clear?" Kane asked. "Crystal clear boss" Bob said saluting in a funny way. "Good, let's begin to move and don't forget we all have to be careful"........
" No! Please don't do this, please" Derek pleaded struggling weakly with the men who overpowered him and dragged him like a piece of trash that has no value. He wondered how he is going to win a fight on an empty stomach and with an injured body. He looked like he would die even when given a single punch. "You bastard, this is not fair and you know it, we can't fight when we have nothing in our stomachs" Jim cursed out after seeing Derek being dragged mercilessly towards him. "Very well then, you have your food and your water, you two get ready for me in two hours time" The short devil said and walked away.....

2 Likes

Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 9:11am On Sep 07, 2017
Continuation
"Do you see those men?" Bob asked David. "Yeah" David replied. "We are going after them" Bob said with a plain face. "Are you crazy? Why do we have to do something that stupid" David whispered to Bob. "It's not stupid or whatever you call it, it's called looking out for those people you cared about" Bob defended. "Okay, now I get it, you want to be the hero here right, hun?" David asked and continued "So tell me, what medal are you gonna collect for all your heroic deeds?".
Bob did not say anything for a while, he was thinking over all what David had told him, his mind was having a battle of either doing what is right or choosing the other path, that is, leaving his friends. He knew he had to do something and it had to be fast. " No, I'm not leaving them here" Bob told David firmly. " Come on man, you were not like this before we came here, so what has changed? " David probed with raised eyebrows. "Everything has changed. Every single damn thing has changed because if you were also the ones in their shoes there's no way I'm leaving you behind" Bob affirmed. "What if you get yourself killed at the process of saving these people?" David tried convincing Bob once again. "Well, so be it, then am never gonna die the Coward's way" Bob said and walked away..........
"You bitch, suck me harder, take it all in your Dan slutty mouth" The rather short man moaned out in pleasure irritating Serah. The other man had one of his hand on his manhood while the other was busy pleasuring Serah's glory hole. "Please don't do this to me" Serah pleaded a while later after seeing the second man spreading her legs. She had never felt so irritated in all her life. She knew she was completely helpless against these two hunks but she had vowed not to let another man penetrate her and just seeing all what these two pigs had done had frightened the living daylights out of her. " Tell us what we want to hear and you are free" The first man said slapping Serah's ass. "I swear I don't know anything about them" Serah pleaded once again. "Shut up your damn mouth and let's get this on" The short man ordered hitting Serah in her mouth and she yelped in pain.......
Jim got up and paced the small dark room as the thought of Serah filtered into his head. He had totally forgotten about her not until some moments ago that he had heard her scream out in pain. He wondered what she might be going through. He wondered maybe the men are torturing her. It pained him that he can't do anything to get her out of there but he would not wait for long. He just can't let her go through the torture he had gone through, if not for anything but for the sake of her probably being her brother's wife. He would not watch and let her die. He had to do something, even if it meant he would be the one to die, he just had to do something.......

2 Likes

Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 9:14am On Sep 07, 2017
Sorry for not updating for sometime guys. I had some issues I had to deal with here. I promise to be updating at worse 4 - 5 times in a week now. Stay bless.....
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 07, 2017
no problem dear but u have to mention pple wen u update
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 7:10pm On Sep 09, 2017
Preetiex:
no problem dear but u have to mention pple wen u update
Okay
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 8:32am On Sep 10, 2017
Continuation
"They escaped, how?" Adams heard one of the men saying as he and the others watch them from a safe distance. "Get them back here, all four of them" The man who appeared to be the leader said and the others bowed before going to different directions while chanting something like a war song in their native language. Adams watch the man for a while, he is tall, heavily built and handsome. He did not remember where he had seen him before, he just knew he had seen the man somewhere in this same place before. He took a glance at the man once again and his memory registered everything about him immediately. He remembered he must have seen him in one of his dreams, if at all it could be called a dream. This man here is a nightmare himself, he is the handsome daredevil......
"You see that room over there?" Kane asked Mary and Angela. "Yeah" They replied in unison. "Good we have to go in there because according to the map and what we found in the script written by one of those cops, that should be their torture room" Kane explained explicitly. "What's our business with their torture room?" Mary asked. "That's not what we came to do here kane, we didn't come here to come check out their damn torture weapons" Angela ranted. "You guys take it easy okay, I am having this feeling that Jim or Derek could be there" Kane defended. "Are you sure about that?" Mary asked. "What if that door over there is a trap or something?" Angela pointed. "Believe me it's not a trap" Kane said shrugging. "Alright" Angela said and Mary nodded............
"Stop!" Bob said suddenly. "What now man?" David asked. "Do you hear that?" Bob asked panting. "I heard nothing" David said staring at Bob like he is going crazy. "This way, it's coming from this way" Bob said and was about taking off once again when David held his hand. "We are going nowhere unless you tell me whatever is it that you hear" David said firmly. "I heard the voice of a woman screaming in pains" Bob said and just then they heard the woman scream once again........

2 Likes

Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 12:36am On Sep 17, 2017
Continuation
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Thank God we now know they had escaped. That would make the work more easier for us" Adams whispered. "How sure are we that they have fully escaped?" Maurice asked no one in particular. "Sure like hell" Adams replied. "How did they get out of there all alone?" Caroline pointed. "They did not get out of there all on their own, it must be Kane at work" Adams smiled. He was now more confident that they could do it, he had been having doubts about the success of their mission here but now his mind just calmed. Caroline on her own was more happy that their work had lessen a little, she did not sign up for any of this in the first place but she had to do it anyways because Adams is involved. She had to let go of whatever fears she had for this place knowing she had an adventurer for a boyfriend. She looked at Adams for a while before tapping him softly on the shoulder. " Let's get out of here while we still can" Caroline muttered and Adams consented immediately while Maurice nodded.........
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Maxwell's heart panted heavily as the sound of footsteps drew nearer and nearer. He had his right hand clutching tightly to a dagger while on his left hand held a 4.m.m caliber pistol. He had never felt so scared in his life. He took a quick glance at Jessica who had a frown on her face and he wondered what the frown portrays, maybe it was just to mask her fears or something and he also decided putting a frown on his face maybe that might help mask the coward's look he had on earlier. Jessica on her own was fearless of whatever the actions she was about to take now would lead her to. Maybe she had suddenly turn or was about to turn into a cold blooded killer she didn't care. All she ever cared about was getting out of here alive and she made a promise to fulfil that. And now, as she saw two men approach, she didn't bother to wait for Maxwell's signal as they had earlier agreed, she just rushed towards one of the men who had their back facing their direction and hit him with the knife making him scream out loud in agony and the other man in turn screamed for help before facing Jessica who was still busy hitting the first man. And Maxwell came running towards the man while releasing shots after shots of bullets on the poor man. "What have you done now, you just blew everything up" Maxwell chastised her. "Am sorry" Jessica muttered and was about walking away when they heard two gunshots released in quick succession..........

2 Likes

Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 9:15pm On Sep 22, 2017
Continuation
"Hoo - hoo" David said after barging into the room. "Who are you?" One of the men asked and the other walked closer to David who by now had his heart pounding. He had not thought of what he would say if they asked him about his identity and he wondered what is taking Bob so long. He wondered why he had not shown up by now. The plan is that he would show up to distract the attention of the two men after which he would attack them as silent as possible. He stared at the abs on the man's chest and for once he wished he could suddenly grow a wing so he could fly away and stop having this nightmare. He glanced at the woman lying on the floor. She was beautiful even in distress. Even at his situation,he could help but ogle at the woman's spotless body.
The woman on her own part wasn't even helping matters anymore, she lying down unconsciously after being battered for a while. David glanced at the door one more time and then at the man standing in his front and said. " I am not ready to answer that, you can ask that man" .Just then Bob rushed in surprising the two men and throwing them in jeopardy..........
"God" Maxwell shouted. "Good to have you here Adams" Jessica said. She was glad they came at the right time. "Good to see you guys are still alive" Maurice said to Maxwell. "Well, that's thanks to you" Maxwell replied. "I never knew the son of a bitch was at our back and I almost freaked out when I heard two rapid gunshots thinking Maxwell had been dead" Jessica admitted. "Well, he should be thanking his stars we came here on time" Caroline chipped jokingly. "Alright guys,its good to have this reunion but we don't have time on our side, so let's move" Adams Said.....

2 Likes

Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 9:17pm On Sep 22, 2017
Soo sorry about the short update,my phone is spoilt,i only update when I see someone who can borrow me theirs....
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 10:15pm On Sep 23, 2017
Continuation
"How are we gonna enter there, the door is locked" Mary asked. "Yeah, the door is locked, we can only go there through the ceiling" Kane replied. "But how do we enter there through the ceiling, where exactly do we climb?" Angela asked. "You don't have to go in there with me, I would go alone" Kane confirmed. "Why do you think only you can go there alone and we would just stay here and watch like a coward" Angela spat. "Am not asking you to stay here, I just felt it would be safer if we could part ways here because I don't want to get you into trouble" Kane replied. "But it does not sound right to wait here, I mean we never know when these people might come" Mary said. "Then you guys can hide over there but make sure not to be seen no matter what happens" Kane said. "Well, sounds like one great plan but how do you get out after getting them" Angela chipped. "We breach the lock, that's the only way out" Kane replied. "That's gonna alert them, hope you know?" Mary ended with a question. "No other choice, we must be ready for them by then" Kane said and continued "Hide safely over there and alert the others without being seen, just in case things go wrong"
Bob rushed into the room hitting the first man talking to David hard in his stomach which made him fall on the floor writhing on the floor in pains.He rushed towards the second man wielding a knife, but the man was faster, he dodged the blow of the knife and gave Bob an heavy punch on his jaw.....

2 Likes

Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 6:57pm On May 30, 2018
Sorry for not posting for a while... Things just came up and I had to sort it all out.... Updates coming up dis very night.... Thanks y'all.
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 10:41pm On May 31, 2018
Continuation....
Bob fell down flat on his belly writhing in pain as the man advanced towards him with a sinister smile on his ugly face. From where he lay, still in pain, he could see the first man he had hit standing up and he could not just imagine what they would do do to him if he was to be captured. He knew now than ever that he had to stand up and fight, but it seems all his strength had gone. He wondered what was happening to him and he made up his mind not to be captured by these men. The man was now standing exactly in his front, watching for his every move and he just hoped he could do anything just stop his evil gaze on him. He heard footsteps and he looked to his left and saw the man he had first hit now coming towards him. He felt a leg kick him and his attention was back on the first man standing in front of him. "What's your name boy?" He heard the man that hat hit him ask in a gruffy voice. "I bet you don't wanna know". Bob stated bravely. He heard the man laugh, nodding at his partner who was by now also standing beside him. "They are always like this at first, until they see and feel the pleasure in torture". The second man said with a wide grin. "That's never gonna happen". He heard a voice say at the back of the men...
"Go to hell". Derek tried to yell as the men drag him up. "Hell?". Short devil queried. "How can I go to hell when you are already in hell. Derek didn't answer him, he just stared at him with rage and he heard him laugh very loudly while still staring at him. "What do you want from me, from everyone? You just have to state it and it will be yours by just making a couple of calls. "Funny, funny,funny. So you think you can brainwash me with that sweet tongue of yours? ". He scoffed. "You will have to try harder, boy". "So what do you really want from me? Can't you just leave me alone, let me go and I promise I won't make life miserable for you". Derek threatened. "I would so much love to see what a coward like u can really do". Short devil said and spat on Derek's face. "Fucking bastard". Derek cursed and an heavy punch landed on his face which made him scream while going temporarily blind....
Jim looked at the guard on watch and he whistled for him to come nearer. The guard just ignored him and kept on with what he was doing. He looked at the key dangling on the guard's trousers and he made up his mind to venture into another plan. His plan 'A' had failed and he was not relenting on escaping. He got up, rattled on the metal door and held his neck while screaming in agony.....

1 Like

Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 11:37am On Jun 04, 2018
Continuation........
"This way, I think I heard a sound". Adams said. The sound came much louder, it was a sound of a metal coming from the eastern angle of the building. They followed Adams with their heart in their mouth because they never knew maybe they might be walking right into danger. The sound of footsteps coming from their back made them stop in their tracks as they were confused on what to do.
"Let's hide in there, but we have to be as quiet as possible, we don't want to be discovered". Maxwell muttered pointing to a corner. They all obeyed and soon they saw three armed men walking and chattering happily about a fight that would happen tomorrow.
"Do you think that wounded kid can win the hulk even if he had a weapon on him and hulk doesn't have any?". One of the men asked.
"He would not stand a chance, even if he is still fit". The second man observed. "Well, it would not be entertaining as it had always been, the fight would be a walkover for hulk". The third man replied and suddenly asked. "What's the boy name? "
"I think it's Jim or something".

"What the... ". Jessica screamed out but Adams was not fast enough to cover her mouth.......

Kane watch from above as the two men in the room pounced on Derek, raining punches after punches on his poor face. He had climbed the cellar stealthily after ensuring Angela and Mary are safe from any danger that might come around. He could also see a third man who looked rather too short but was heavily built and he didn't fail to notice the scar on his ugly face. He wondered how a short man like this could be the leader of this two man but his notion changed immediately when he saw him bring out a knife while an evil smile appeared on his ugly face.

"He still would not talk, would he?". Kane heard the short man asked and his subordinates nodded like a lizard.

"Good, let's begin the next process"

Kane did not need to wonder for long what the man meant by 'next process' as he saw the other men bringing out different torture weapons and he heard Derek faint voice protesting weakly. He concluded he would not let that happen even if it meant him dying, he would not just watch and let them have their way.

"A message! A message!! A message!!! ". An heavy knock sounded on the metal door.

"Come in messenger". The short man replied and a man dressed in blue robe entered the room.

"The 'Basil' request your presence in his chambers at once sir"

"I will be there". The short man said and the man that bear the message left at once.

"We will come back for you". The short man said and leave immediately while his subordinates trailed behind him.......
"What the hell is wrong with you kiddo? ". The guard asked Jim as he opened the iron bars of the prison. He was however alarmed to see Jim lying breathlessly on the floor. He observed him for a while and wondered what he would tell his superior if he was to learn of the current situation. He would surely have his head hanging on a pole and he did not want that to happen to him. He remembered how he had been warned to keep a close eye on the prisoner because he was to fight the hulk tomorrow and even the 'basil' would be there to watch so he concluded immediately that he was doomed if his superior find out. He kicked Jim furiously, hopeful that he might just be sleeping or something but Jim did not even stir. He concluded on running away and just as he turned his back on the earlier lifeless body of Jim, he sprang up like a cat and strangle the guard's neck who later fell down lifelessly on the floor and Jim immediately swung into action. He had to save Derek......

Sorry its been a while guys....

Alamiendagash
Queenitee
Ellagold
ritababe
Chumzypinky
Chistar
Theblessedman
Honorable
Ajokeade
Chipapi
jhurney
Divepen
Whizkidefe
Youngzubi
Centino
Kennybelle
Luisina
Badohemmy
Oyinprince
Tracyberry
Arom21
Kikirush
Mega17
Shewrites
Meneski
Misswrite
Lekzy3
Blair01
Davies blaze
Bibi294
Bibijay
Mynd44
Maggilove
Amicable212
Tohero
Meho
Seunola

The list is endless.... Kindly invite others... Thanks....

1 Like

Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 10:49am On Jun 05, 2018
Continuation.....
The two men looked back and were surprised to see David standing at their back. They had totally forgotten about him and all their focus was on Bob who lay panting heavily on the floor. They two men glanced at each other and laughed. It was obvious they never knew what a gun could do.

"Don't come any closer ". David warned.

"What if I do, huh? ". The man replied taking another step towards David who kept moving backwards.

"I will blow off your head"

But the man was unloved by David words, he felt all he was saying was just empty threats and he scoffed when he recall David saying he would blow off his head. He moved a step closer and David warned once again.

"Let us go peacefully and I would not make life miserable for you "

But the man never followed David words, instead he moved swiftly towards David and sent him a punch in his jawline and David staggered backwards struggling to maintain his balance. The man rushed towards David once more and a shot rang out making the man drop lifelessly on the ground. The other man tried rushing towards David but Bob was quick to respond with a dagger that caught him right on his back and he fell like a heap on the floor..........

"Shit, we have been discovered ". Adams muttered.

"Who the hell is there? ". One of the men thundered coming towards them.

"Jessica and Maxwell please step out gently just to distract them, Maurice and I will later come up with a plan ". Adams laid out his plan and the duo obeyed immediately.

"What are you two doing there? "

"I don't know, I guess we are looking for you ". Maxwell said the dumbest thing that came to his head with a wide grin.

"Looking for us? ". One of the men asked staring at his partners.

"These should be one of the prisoners we have been looking for, seize them at once ". The one who who appeared to be the leader thundered.

The other two men moved towards them immediately and Maxwell begin to step backwards while dragging Jessica also.

"Please don't harm us, we are friends ". Maxwell said trying to buy some time and just then a shot rang out distracting the guards who instantly looked back wondering what was happening.

Adams came out just then attacking one of the men with an axe which caught him on the neck and Maurice threw a knife at the other guard and he fell down groaning in pain. Another shot rang out just then and the third man was lifeless on the floor. Just then another guard appeared from the corner and Caroline who had shot the guard earlier was about to shoot once more but the guard shouted and the voice registered in all their heads.........

A man in a guard's robe walked alone through the dark passage way of the underground prison, his every movements was suspicious as he kept looking backwards every seconds just to ascertain he was not being followed. He heard two gunshots earlier and he smiled knowingly. He walked towards a corridor and he heard familiar voices coming from there. Just then he heard the sound of a trigger and he shouted at once.

"Stop".........................

P. S.

Another update coming up later in the day..... Thank's y'all.....

1 Like

Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 9:42pm On Jun 05, 2018
Please bear with me guys I would not be able to post tonight, my ba3 is down and p.h.c.n ha on t bought power for over two days now...I would try to update tomorrow.
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 8:20am On Jun 07, 2018
Continuation....
"What have I done, I had just killed an human being ". David muttered regretting his actions.

"You do the right thing man, if you did not kill him we'd be dead by now". Bob replied reassuring him. He felt so weak now that he wondered maybe he could survive another blow. He remembered what brought them here the first place and he took a quick glance at the young beautiful woman who now has a cloth on her.

"Hello". Bob greeted with a smile.

"Hi". The lady replied with a smile, waving her hand. "I'm Sarah"

"I'm Bob and he's David ". Bob introduced himself and David who had been quite for a while observing the lady.

"How did you get in here? ". Sarah asked.

"We came with friends". David replied.

"Friends, where are they? ". Sarah asked further.

"It's a long story, let's get out of here". Bob answered.........

"What are those sounds I have been hearing all about?". The 'Basil' asked after starting at the man standing in his front for a while. He was a handsome tall middle aged man who appeared to be gentle on the outside but only if you study him for a very long time you will figure it out that he is a 'handsome - dare - devil'. The man he had just shouted on was no other person than the 'short devil' himself.

"I don't know sire". Short devil replied his head bowed in fear.

"What?". The 'Basil' exclaimed. "Damon, you mean you don't know that the prisoners we intend to use for appealing to the god of rain had escaped? ".

Bram could not speak nor move from where he knelt, he wondered how the 'basil' came to know of what happened in the prison, he did not need to think that much before concluding that one of the guards must have spill it.

"Damon, so you have nothing to say, huh? ". The 'basil' asked, rising from his throne and walking towards the short devil - Damon.

"I'm sorry sire". Damon pleaded. The 'basil' was now standing in front of Damon who was obviously shaking in fear. He had his head bowed but he could still feel the 'basil' fierce gaze boring holes all over him. No warrior have ever defeated him, not even the great Zipporra who had been rumored to have single - handedly defeated twenty men in a space of fifteen minutes. He lowered his height till his face was directly facing Damon before speaking.

"I only spared you because of one thing". He paused and continued. "And that's because you are the only family I had left, if other people was to commit this error you know they would not live to tell the tale, not when I still rule here"

"Thank you, your majesty ". Damon replied

"Don't thank me yet, you still haven't gotten back the prisoners, you have just eight hours to do that".......

"Let's get you out of here". Kane said to Derek after seeing how weak he was. He had not think it would be hard like it is to save his friends, and he felt pity for Derek as he saw his decapitated finger on the table. Derek himself had fainted maybe due to loss of too much blood.

"What are you doing here Kane? "........

1 Like

Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 8:21am On Jun 07, 2018
Please guys I need ur comments and critics... Don't read without commenting....
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 6:26am On Jun 08, 2018
I need feedback from u guys... I'm about losing the vibe to write, I mean I need u guys to say wats on ur mind concerning dis piece
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by sabbiboi: 6:44am On Jun 08, 2018
coolThumbs up . Nice piece.
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 7:47am On Jun 08, 2018
Continuation..........
The guard shouted and the voice was all too familiar as they looked eagerly to see the guard removing his helmet. It was the person they had expected to see and Jessica ran straight to him, enveloping him in a warm embrace. The others couldn't believe their eyes, they had never thought Jim could escape all on his own but he had proved them wrong.

"How did you get out all alone? ". Adams was the first to ask and the others also look up at Jim some for explanation. Jim sighed and he begin to tell them about all that had happened in their absence. He told them about Derek, about Sarah and about the cruel short devil.

"We have to save them, and we can't go like this". Adams explained.

"How then do we go? ". Jim asked

"We divide into two groups so as to find them quickly"

"Sounds like a plan, so I will try to find Derek, Kane, Angela and Mary. While you will try locating Bob, David and the other lady I told you about - Sarah ". Jim laid out.

"Okay, but let's be careful ". Adams said and the swung into immediate action.
Derek was surprised to see Kane and at the same time was happy to the hope of leaving the cursed room. The little time he had spent here had been like hell and he had once contemplated taking his own life but they never game him the chance to do that. And now seeing Kane sacrificing all he had to try save him was a thing of joy for him. He looked at Kane who had been observing his lost finger on the ground with pity and he called him weakly.

"Kane, what are you doing here? ".

"I came to rescue you".

"Rescue me? "Derek asked and Kane nodded in reply. Although he Kane to be one of the most capable person for the task at hand but he still wondered if the short devil was to come back with two or three fully armed men to torture him once again, he wondered how they would be able to escape and he didn't hesitate to voice out his fears.

"You didn't come with a weapon, how did you plan on dealing with those guys if they come back? ".

Kane dragged up his shirt a bit to reveal a short caliber pistol and a jack knife to Derek. "And Mary and Angela are still outside with more weapons ".

"Mary and Angela? ". Derek queried.............
Damon the short devil walked along the corridor with about ten other guards, he was boiling with rage as he marched his way towards the prison. He had with him the best guards in their town as he had specially selected them for this same purpose. He doesn't want the 'basil' to have his head rolling on the floor and he had concluded he would deal with the guards who are on duty when the prisoners are escaping. He had also been informed that a guard had been strangled to death and the prisoner that did that was no other person than that young, timid boy who was supposed to have a duel today. He stopped in his tracks suddenly and the others did same.

"I think we have to divide into three groups ". Damon said and the others nodded their heads.

"I want two people with me here, the other people here would be two groups making four person in each group, am sure you all know your way around here ". Damon said and added. "Good luck "..........

1 Like

Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 7:49am On Jun 08, 2018
sabbiboi:
coolThumbs up . Nice piece.
Thanks man!
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 7:57am On Jun 08, 2018
Dtobs
Saraphina
Oludare007
Ellagold35
Larrysun
Hadampson
Xaviercasmier
Yewandequeen
Honorable
Whizkidefe
Habundanz
Preetiex....

Come and read ooo...
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 8:32am On Jun 08, 2018
hardeygbolar:
Dtobs
Saraphina
Oludare007
Ellagold35
Larrysun
Hadampson
Xaviercasmier
Yewandequeen
Honorable
Whizkidefe
Habundanz
Preetiex....

Come and read ooo...
Ok, ayam here. cheesy
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 9:41am On Jun 08, 2018
WHIZKIDEFE:
Ok, ayam here. cheesy
Hmmm... Welcome on board bro.....
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by DTOBS(m): 10:38am On Jun 08, 2018
Yewandequeen my love, Let's honour this invitation.
I got us something nice for the show sweetie.
hardeygbolar:
Dtobs
Saraphina
Oludare007
Ellagold35
Larrysun
Hadampson
Xaviercasmier
Yewandequeen
Honorable
Whizkidefe
Habundanz
Preetiex....

Come and read ooo...
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 10:41am On Jun 08, 2018
DTOBS:
Yewandequeen my love, Let's honour this invitation.
I got us something nice for the show sweetie.
� � � pray una love no go die sha....
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by Yewandequeen(f): 10:50am On Jun 08, 2018
hardeygbolar:
Dtobs
Saraphina
Oludare007
Ellagold35
Larrysun
Hadampson
Xaviercasmier
Honorable
Whizkidefe
Habundanz
Preetiex....

Come and read ooo...
she is here

1 Like

Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by DTOBS(m): 10:53am On Jun 08, 2018
As long as the sun keep shining...My love for Yewande mi will forever be grin
hardeygbolar:
� � � pray una love no go die sha....
Re: Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews by hardeygbolar(m): 10:56am On Jun 08, 2018
Yewandequeen:
she is here
Lol... Your royal majesty welcome ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

When Tears Brings Yes ( A Short Story) / Grace / Remember Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.