Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,083 members, 7,825,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite (40824 Views)

Nigerian State Bans Consumption Of Coke, Fanta, Sprite At Its Events / Nigerians Still Drinking Fanta And Sprite After High Court Ruling? - CNN Polls / NAFDAC Appeals Ruling Declaring Fanta, Sprite Poisonous With Vitamin C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 16, 2017
Thank God it's not in guiness!..

2 chill bottles are sure this sunny afternoon!
Re: Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite by dubylhover(m): 1:48pm On Mar 16, 2017
YoungRichRuler:
Orishirishi Benzoic

Benzoic ko...

Bubuozic acid. Hehe

We don hear.

We go dey careful.

Re: Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite by seangy4konji: 1:50pm On Mar 16, 2017
Gbayi. I Palm one corner for this dusty Abuja deh sip my Goldberg deh read this matter and smile just palm my face.

Angelb4:
I will panic when it's present in 33 or Goldberg

1 Like

Re: Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite by tobsonkings: 2:04pm On Mar 16, 2017
ANY ONE WITH INFORMATION ON THE INTERACTION OF BENZOIC ACID AND VITAMIN C FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING GENTLEMEN
Re: Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite by Eddiecute86(m): 3:00pm On Mar 16, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
OP thanks. It's informative but is it dangerous in reaction to vitamin C as claimed in the court of law

Yea it's possible. I could remember there was a time it was rumored that some people died after taken a particular mineral, i think is 7Up and Mango and of which we know that fruits are the primary source of vitamin C.

1 Like

Re: Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite by Ezionye(f): 3:12pm On Mar 16, 2017
Thank God its not in palmy

Op thanks for this informative post. Guess this explains the " soft drink and mango" reports ave heard
Re: Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite by Eddiecute86(m): 3:13pm On Mar 16, 2017
tobsonkings:
ANY ONE WITH INFORMATION ON THE INTERACTION OF BENZOIC ACID AND VITAMIN C FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING GENTLEMEN

This is what happens

Vitamin c( abscorbic acid) causes decarbonization on benzoic acid.

C6H5COOH(benzoic acid) + abscorbic acid = abscorbic acid attached with CO2 + C6H6 (benzene )

What actually happened is that abscorbic acid removed CO2 from benzoic acid to give benzene which is carcinogenic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite by mfm04622: 3:37pm On Mar 16, 2017
slimthugchimee:
and on the previous thread nigerians started insulting nafdac without knowing its for their own good, this is thesame thing that happened with MMM, nigerians never hear untill its tok late

What did NAFDAC do in this case that is for our good?
Re: Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite by mfm04622: 3:41pm On Mar 16, 2017
JeffreyJames:
We've been drinking "poison" since but we never die. undecided

The poison in this case will not kill outright. It causes cancer in The body. Must be part of the reason there is increase in cases of cancer in the country
Re: Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite by stzy(m): 3:45pm On Mar 16, 2017
I am a bit skeptical about the whole fanta and sprite stuff...............

1. Is it only fanta and sprite that contain benzoic acid and benzoates?

2. The decarboxylation of benzoates by ascorbic acid requires d presence of either iron(III) or Copper(II) ions... What are the likely Source of these ions in a fanta or sprite?

3. Benzoates and benzoic acid are used widely in many products ranging from antiseptic soaps and cosmetics to beverages and insecticides.
If its presence in these products Has a health harzard therein... Why is Nafdac, son, Iso allowing such products to roam our consumer base?
Re: Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite by mfm04622: 3:45pm On Mar 16, 2017
slimthugchimee:

shame to nafdac?

now they have sent an appeal to deem it poisenous, nigerias only started to insult them.

y'll never listen

Did you read that thread at all? NAFDAC is appealing against a court order compelling it to ensure NBC put a warning on each bottle that it should not be consumed with Vitamin C
Re: Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite by harffie(m): 4:09pm On Mar 16, 2017
You just dey disturb peeps, there are many other stuffs peeps take that pose serious threat to their health... Make I no start to dey analyse for you..
Re: Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite by chiraqDemon(m): 4:23pm On Mar 16, 2017
Let me go and buy codine and sprite
Today na vit c i go use sweeten am
Re: Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite by chiraqDemon(m): 4:26pm On Mar 16, 2017
mfm04622:

Did you read that thread at all? NAFDAC is appealing against a court order compelling it to ensure NBC put a warning on each bottle that it should not be consumed with Vitamin C
Na them
La read la die crew
The read comments and conclude crew
Dont mind the boy
Thats is how he will spread news that nafdac is saying sprite is poisonous
Re: Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 16, 2017
Goldenheart:
Still confounded why would anyone consciously take sprite and vitamin C.

Still confounded how they arrived at the understanding that benzoic acid is poisonous when taken with ascorbic acid.
Re: Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite by nkemjacob2(m): 4:43pm On Mar 16, 2017
what a dead country.....na now gvt eye open if to say dem put serious poison for the drink every nigerians for done die....

USELESS COUNTRY
Re: Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite by babwilms(m): 4:57pm On Mar 16, 2017
This is the same substance found in coca cola products shipped from Nigeria to the Uk and the drinks were destroyed, because the substance was deemed not fit for human consumption.

So why was product allowed for human consumption in Nigeria
Re: Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite by MrBONE2(m): 5:12pm On Mar 16, 2017
nazablossom:
I never liked fanta and sprite. #teamcoke
Your coke is the worstest of all . grin
Re: Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite by stoic6ix: 5:23pm On Mar 16, 2017
So where did Fanta come in? I didnt see it mentioned in the analysis
Re: Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite by nazablossom(f): 5:23pm On Mar 16, 2017
MrBONE2:
Your coke is the worstest of all . grin
I no know again o. Abeg Na one thing go kill person ; grin
Re: Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite by emmaitive(m): 6:23pm On Mar 16, 2017
Issoke
Re: Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite by blackboy(m): 7:16pm On Mar 16, 2017
I'm addicted to soft drinks
Re: Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite by GiftofJesus(f): 7:35pm On Mar 16, 2017
What will they say of lacasera drink have you tried using
It to boil ur kpomo you will be shock of what we are consuming,if u try using it to boil mollo dat is use it as water to boil it in 5-10 minute your kpomo will turn as soft as bread God help us all
Re: Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite by bizzibodi(m): 8:08pm On Mar 16, 2017
i had that taken sprite with a a certain citrus kills instanta.
Re: Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite by Osasnidas(m): 8:23pm On Mar 17, 2017
100% of carbonated drinks contain sodium benzoate.. people usually use sprite, fanta and zobo to prepare chapman and also use fruits rich in ascorbic acid such as apple, watermelon and orange to garnish.. but my question is why is this news of the dangers coming up now.. something is obviously not right...
does the ingredients just magically reacts in the body why doesn't it just react in the place where they make the mixture and render it useless why does it have to react in the body.. am wondering

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mention One Funny Food Combination You Know About / The Snake I Killed On My Arrival In The Village / Alomo Bitters Aka Casapreco: Whats The Big Deal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.