Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,952 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Community Initiative To Deploy Fibre To The Home Internet In Igboland. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Community Initiative To Deploy Fibre To The Home Internet In Igboland. (569 Views)

Has Anyone Used NGCOM Home Internet In Lagos? / ntel Is The Fastest Internet In Nigeria / Facebook Launches Nigeria Initiative To Drive Innovation, Growth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Community Initiative To Deploy Fibre To The Home Internet In Igboland. by biaframustcome: 11:06am On Mar 16, 2017
This is an exploratory Piece. I am a technology addict and a politician with little knowledge in IT, so please your contribution is highly desirable.

1. How possible is it to deploy High speed Fibre to the Home internet in Igbo Land with speeds of from 1Gbs to 5Gbs ie 1000 Mbs to 5000Mbs?

2. Since government in Nigeria is mostly useless, can this project be implemented via community initiative. I remember contributing towards the building of Imo Airport back in the day. Most of the tarred road in my community (village) are mostly done by individuals for the benefit of all, giving my village this pristine look that leaves me awestruck anytime I return home.

3. Don't get me wrong, this will be very difficult to Implement, but I am optimistic because AlaIgbo is very compact. A project this big could probable run into several million Dollars but the benefit could be immense

4. Somebody will argue that this is a difficult project only undertaking by Big multinational like Google Fibre and Verizon FIOS, but I have countered that argument by stating that the company B4RN (Broadband for Rural North Ltd), a company setup by rural farmers in North Lancashire in England deployed and is presently managing a high-speed broadband network in rural Lancashire serving businesses, schools, homes etc. Please google them.

5. I believe since we have government that are essentially asleep, it is time we individuals take our destiny in our own hands. The world is moving fast, we are already way behind but we can catch-up if we start doing the little things from today (rant over)

(1) (Reply)

Help:nokia 230 / Nokia USB Cable, The Strongest So Far. / How To Recover Deleted Pictures, Videos And Documents On Android Or Tablet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.