Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform (55742 Views)

"I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate / Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform / Senators Walk Out On Hamid Ali, Customs Boss During A Meeting (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by MONITZ: 2:33pm On Mar 16, 2017
Adebowale89:

appointment or not, his refusal to obey the nation parliaments is a big slap to the reputation of legislatives. a very fat BIG SLAP I mean

Kk, if u say so bt I want to see how this whole drama of muscle flexing ends. I feel this man knows that the "sinators" re a bunch of toothless bulldogs who can't bite...
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Apelex(m): 2:33pm On Mar 16, 2017
ehie:
i dont understand this impunity, he is rubbishing two instituitions daily ie the senate and the customs,they were in existence before he was a colnel in the army,if the senate allows such impunity to hold anything goes.We need strong institutions and not strong men, because institutions outlive men, and leadership is not an "I" thing, its a "we" thing.He should learn the rudiments of leadership, because he is just an old fool that does not want to be sepreated from his folly

You are intelligent... Nice write up

1 Like

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by duchilock: 2:35pm On Mar 16, 2017
hardbody:

Elementary logical reasoning

The IGP is a career officer in the Police Force

Is the CG a career Customs officer?

Let us even assume he is (which he is not), is it the uniform that will speak to them

I believe in substance over procedure

Then he should not bear the title of CGC, he can be appointed as sole administrator or director of customs service
not bearing the title of CGC.
So he can enter the official car of CGC, fly the flag of customs on his car, carry the customized number plate of CG 01
on the car, enjoy the luxurious office of CG, reside in the official house of CG, have customs security details, enjoy salaries
and allowances of CG but cannot wear ordinary uniform of CG.
Yeye dey smell.
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by EzeeYFB(m): 2:38pm On Mar 16, 2017
EdificationBoss:

http://thenationonlineng.net/senate-walks-out-customs-cg-over-uniform/
na only for naija Dis kind drama dey happen D guy sef know dem no fit do anything na Na just shout senate go shout e no pass da one Abeg D guy know him connection.

Chai my beloved country
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Reptyle(m): 2:39pm On Mar 16, 2017
So all of these Senators will receive "sitting allowance" today for sitting today to "walk out" the CGC from the chambers!!!

So when they get home today and their children ask them what they did in the Senate today, they will proudly say "Today, we walked the CGC out of the Senate chambers for refusing to wear his uniform. Then we asked him to return after one week. embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Adebowale89(m): 2:39pm On Mar 16, 2017
MONITZ:

Kk, if u say so bt I want to see how this whole drama of muscle flexing ends. I feel this man knows that the "sinators" re a bunch of toothless bulldogs who can't bite...

still they still deserve some respect, there are no way different from buhari's appointee.

if not for them, this buhari would ve make lives unbearable for Nigerians with his harsh authoritative policies

imagine the anti-human law on custom duties

the legislature cannot be silent either this govt like it or not

1 Like

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by tabisegroup(m): 2:41pm On Mar 16, 2017
YoungRichRuler:
Now they are talking.

The man will say one brother to his cousin that is the son of his father's granddaughter is sick so he can't make it next Wednesday
That na 'extension family' grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by able20(m): 2:43pm On Mar 16, 2017
duchilock:

Then he should not bear the title of CGC, he can be appointed as sole administrator or director of customs service
not bearing the title of CGC.
So he can enter the official car of CGC, fly the flag of customs on his car, carry the customized number plate of CG 01
on the car, enjoy the luxurious office of CG, reside in the official house of CG, have customs security details, enjoy salaries
and allowances of CG but cannot wear ordinary uniform of CG.
Yeye dey smell.
Tanx. Now i hope some doubting Thomas go understand
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by awuf2008: 2:45pm On Mar 16, 2017
A common colonel behaving like a slowpoke, what if he is retired general, then he would done the worst. Somebody like Ali us not fit to be a leader and he should be removed before he causes more havoc to custom and Nigeria in general. His behavior is a carbon copy of PMB.
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Sugardiva(f): 2:45pm On Mar 16, 2017
hardbody:

Let us even assume he is (which he is not), is it the uniform that will speak to them

Then you miss the point entirely. The issue is not the uniform per se, its his disregard for constituted authority and institutions.
If he gets away with disobeying a direct request to wear his uniform from the senate then everyone will feel like they can get away with disregarding the senate. The senate then looses its power. He gives orders and expects to be obeyed but he cant take a simple one?
Besides the leader of a uniform organisation should not go around in mufti. His uniform is his symbol of authority. If he feels the uniform is beneath him, he should resign.
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by kaka74: 2:53pm On Mar 16, 2017
hardbody:

@7/7......Dodorima to you

Guy u re so funny laugh wan kill me here anyway sha egede to u mr funny guy
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Austinmiles: 2:54pm On Mar 16, 2017
MONITZ:

Nope, it's not like the president doesn't have the power to sack the CBN governor bt if he does,he will be sending a very wrong signal to the international community /prospective investors...

And on the issue of Sanusi being relieved,he was three months to retirement and so he was placed on leave compulsorily which ensured that he didn't get back on the seat because his tenure had expired by the time his leave ended.

Re u thinking that Buhari wouldn't want to relieve Emefiele of his position? He s simply not doing so because of the reasons that I ve stated above...
Please don't mistaken me by saying 'the president has legal rights to terminate and appoint the CBN governor'
By terminate I actually mean majors in which the executive could use to relieve the appointment of a CBN governor.

When you study the CBN 2007 act section 11 it clearly specify how the appointment of CBN boss can be terminated.

So the president could recommend the removal of the CBN governor first then the senate will approved such move.

Or the president can suspend the appointment of the CBN governor, according to section 11(1) d of the 2007 CBN act..which was the same major the former president used to relieve malam sanusi lamido sanusi of this duty on February , 2014
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by slyd90(m): 2:54pm On Mar 16, 2017
lol...They wan try retired soldier.......
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by MaziOmenuko: 2:56pm On Mar 16, 2017
erico2k2:

They can change that law don't forget they ate law makers

Lol...laws are not made by the senate; they make bills which are signed into law by...guess who? The president.

So the senate is half useless in this case.
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by MONITZ: 3:00pm On Mar 16, 2017
Austinmiles:

Please don't mistaken me by saying 'the president has legal rights to terminate and appoint the CBN governor'
By terminate I actually mean majors in which the executive could use to relieve the appointment of a CBN governor.

When you study the CBN 2007 act section 11 it clearly specify how the appointment of CBN boss can be terminated.

So the president could recommend the removal of the CBN governor first then the senate will approved such move.

Or the president can suspend the appointment of the CBN governor, according to section 11(1) d of the 2007 CBN act..which was the same major the former president used to relieve malam sanusi lamido sanusi of this duty on February , 2014

Thanks for the clarification...
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by duchilock: 3:01pm On Mar 16, 2017
able20:

Tanx. Now i hope some doubting Thomas go understand

Well the facts are there for them to make their decisions
except those who are too blinded by their cult belief that
their leaders are above mistake.
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Deepfreezer(m): 3:05pm On Mar 16, 2017
This people are messing an already messed up country. The north are the problem in Nigeria
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 16, 2017
hardbody:

That is in my opinion what the senate wants to adress , mark it , that law that empowers the Presido to appoint a non carrer officer as CG will go
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Masculity(m): 3:10pm On Mar 16, 2017
thinkdip:
I love this, send him back and remove him. We don't want people like him in our country.
I thought he would form James Bond and won't show up.
Coward.

You are calling somebody's father, coward! May God have mercy on you.
Remember respect is reciprocal.
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by engrchykae(m): 3:12pm On Mar 16, 2017
coolcharm:

The senate can not remove him!
They can only recommend his removal.

if the senate take this man serious,the president cant save him as the president wont want to risk a row with the senate,the president will just sacrifice him for better relationship with the senate.ali is on his own.
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by mare23ayo(m): 3:18pm On Mar 16, 2017
thinkdip:
I love this, send him back and remove him. We don't want people like him in our country.
I thought he would form James Bond and won't show up.
Coward.

what contradicting nonsense are you saying?
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Austinmiles: 3:19pm On Mar 16, 2017
MONITZ:

Thanks for the clarification...
Always welcome
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 16, 2017
Masculity:

You are calling somebody's father, coward! May God have mercy on you.
Remember respect is reciprocal.
how ironic, what respect has he shown to the Nigerian people himself, he disregards us by sending his boys to go and break shops and cart away rice, he disregarded Ken Saro Wiwa's family by not showing remorse as he was part of the panel that found him guilty, he disregards the customs by not wearing his unioform and he wants respect..lol
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by lailo: 3:24pm On Mar 16, 2017
id911:
Very useless and idiotic man! The illegal customs controller general shld be removed by the senate immediately cos he's never a career custom officer to be called a CG.

They are destroying Nigeria's institutions gradually by appointing a retired army officer to head customs. In the future we will also support a president to appoint civil defence officer to head police or army. What a lawless and useless country
u are more interested in career CG than progress?
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by truthstands11: 3:24pm On Mar 16, 2017
Nigeria, a failed state. CG of custom which is a paramilitary institution behaving this way. What is he teaching his subordinates? I also blame he that appointed him. Does it mean we don't have competent retired CG of customs to head this noble institution? Why should a retired colonel in Army head customs.... Square pegs in round holes. It is only in Nigeria that experienced professionals in various disciplines are relegated to the background and people without experience of a sector are appointed to head an institution. Quite unfortunate. Only God will deliver us from this mess we got ourselves into.
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by dignity33: 3:30pm On Mar 16, 2017
Why this Government redicle legislation and judiciary?
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by AdiDami: 3:32pm On Mar 16, 2017
Scream:
Why Wednesday next week?! They should have given him 30mins...and get him arrested if they don't see him after 30mins so that he would know that what is after "6" is not just "7".
Abeg if not " what is it?
I'm a learner and I want to learn
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 16, 2017
This why Nigeria remains a zoo. They allow trivialities to distract them. All these Hullabaloo about wearing custom uniform are uncalled for. The concern of Nigerians is basically the new custom duties on vehicles imported through the land borders. Our concern is not to see how Hameed Ali looks in the Custom uniform.

Now just because of uniform, the main issue before the Senate today as per the invitation of the custom boss has been postponed by a week. It is unfortunate.
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Masculity(m): 3:34pm On Mar 16, 2017
ehie:
how ironic, what respect has he shown to the Nigerian people himself, he disregards us by sending his boys to go and break shops and cart away rice, he disregarded Ken Saro Wiwa's family by not showing remorse as he was part of the panel that found him guilty, he disregards the customs by not wearing his unioform and he wants respect..lol

Sending boys? Don't believe it you could have sue him as nobody is above the law. If you don't have good lawyer Falana is always available. On Saro Wiwa's family, my friend if you were on his shoes you would have acted the same. Wearing uniform lol man don't be so low. Custom is a body that is guided by law. If he transgress, I'm sure educated people will call his attention.
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by dignity33: 3:35pm On Mar 16, 2017
I like Nigeria Senate now, they're the only institution of Government that is working, they should continue to make sure that executive did not hold us ransom and slave the whole Nigeria populace .
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Butterworth: 3:36pm On Mar 16, 2017
coolcharm:

The senate can not remove him!
They can only recommend his removal.

Recommending his removal is same as removing him.
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by citizenY(m): 3:38pm On Mar 16, 2017
Jabioro:
Bunch of treasury looters. looking for many accomplices ..

Since it is now the season for dick measurement, can we now talk about the outrageous salary and emoluments of pur legislators.?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan Demands N2trn Election Funds Refund, Audit / Imolites Destroy Uche Nwosu's Billboard, Sweeps Douglas Road In Owerri / Ameachi's Ministerial Confirmation: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.